แด˜สส€ส€สœษชแด„ แด ษชแด„แด›แดส€ส// แด›สœแด‡ ษขษชส€สŸ แดกสœ...

By tessaRyoung

๐™ฐ ๐™ฟ๐šข๐š›๐š›๐š‘๐š’๐šŒ ๐šŸ๐š’๐šŒ๐š๐š˜๐š›๐šข ๐š’๐šœ ๐šŠ ๐šŸ๐š’๐šŒ๐š๐š˜๐š›๐šข ๐š๐š‘๐šŠ๐š ๐š’๐š—๐š๐š•๐š’๐šŒ๐š๐šœ ๐šœ๐šž๐šŒ๐š‘ ๐šŠ ๐š๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šŠ๐šœ๐š๐šŠ๏ฟฝ... More

ใ€„
โœบ
Doorstep Delivery [Edited]
The Vanishing Glass [Edited]
Keeper of the Keys [Edited]
Diagon Alley [Edited]
Platform 9ยพ [Edited]
Welcome to Hogwarts [Edited]
Potions and Parcels [Edited]
New Seeker [Edited]
Three-Headed Sentinel [Edited]
Facts and Feathers [Edited]
Quidditch [Edited]
Christmas Gift [Edited]
Norbert [Edited]
The Forbidden Forest [Edited]
Up to Something [Edited]
The trapdoor [Edited]
Mark of love [Edited]
โœฐ
In a cage [Edited]
The cottage. [Edited]
THE WHOMPING WILLOW
GILDEROY LOCKHART
MUDBLOODS AND MURMURS
THE DEATHDAY PARTY
THE WRITING ON THE WALL
THE ROGUE BLUDGER
THE DUELING CLUB
THE POLYJUICE POTION
THE VERY SECRET DIARY
ARAGOG
THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS
THE HEIR OF SLYTHERIN
DOBBY'S REWARD
๊•ค
SUMMER OF 1993
OWLS POST
EARL'S BIGGEST MISTAKE
THE KNIGHT BUS
ERIC ATLAS QUINN
THE LEAKY CUALDRON
THE DEMENTOR
TALONS AND LEAVES
THE BOGGART IN THE WARDROBE.
NOVEMBER '79
FLIGHT OF THE FAT LADY
GRIM DEFEAT P.T 1
THE GRIM DEFEAT.
THE MARAUDERS MAP
THE FIREBOLT P.T 1

CORNELIUS FUDGE

267 17 10
By tessaRyoung

Bluebell was running down the stairs of her dorm to the common room, diary in hand and her mind was racing with the new information Tom Riddle granted her.

It couldn't be possible could it?

When she was about to enter the room, Bluebell collided with someone, a strand of red hair was all she needed to figure who she bumped into.

"Ginny!"  Said Blue stepping back "my bad, I wasn't watchin' where I was goin' "

Ginny shakes her head dismissively "I wasn't looking either"

"We haven't talked in a while, you always seem to be out or somethin' " said Blue, smiling at the red head. "Not even at nighttime."

Ginny stiffened, looking at anything but the blonde, who took notice of her sudden change in demeanor "I- I was busy. I am, I mean. I'm busy with all the potions homework."

Blue nodded "Aye, snape's a sod, that one is"

"That he is" the ginger's eyes jumping from one place to another never meeting Blues, until they fell on the diary. That's when they widened but she quickly looked away, more nervous than ever.

She looked down at the diary then at the ginger  with a frown "Ginny, are you— "

"I'm fine." She snapped before realizing "I- I'm sorry. I've got to go"  Then she left, running quickly up the stairs to the second year dormitories.

Blue frowns as she watches her leave, Ginny had been weird lately but Blue didn't think much of it and had ruled it out as awkwardness after the valentine fiasco.

Once in the common room, she walked to where Eric and Lorena were doing homework in one of the many tables.

"Hey, I thought you were already going to sleep?" Said Lorena, noticing the girl walking towards them.

"I've got something massive to tell you" she said and looked around for the missing member of their Gang "Where's Roman?"

"He refused to do homework, so he threw a tantrum when he didn't have our attention and left." Said Eric looking up from his homework.

Bluebell rolled her eyes as she sat on one of the chairs, placing the diary on the table "Go bring him, Nips. It's really important."

"But I've still got homework—"

"Eric, it's really fuckin' important." Said Bluebell in a tone that left no chance of arguing back. "It's about the diary."

With that Eric stood up and quickly climbed the stairs up to his dormitory. Blue leaned back on her chair, her elbows on each arm rest, looking at the diary, frowning deep in thought.

"What did you find?" Asked Lorena, observing the diary warily.

"You think Hagrid would keep somethin' that could badly hurt someone?" Blue suddenly asked.

"What?" Lorena frowned in confusion "Of course, did you forget about last year?"

"Yes but that was different. Fluffy was in a room we were told not to go" Blue reason.

"What about the dragon?"

Bluebell huffs "He was goin' to keep it in the forest."

"But it was still dangerous, imagine a dragon on the forbidden forest, it will burned it all"

Before Blue could say something back, Eric came back with Roman, who was eating some chocolate he had received.

"No need to cry, I'm here" said Roman, sitting in one of the chairs, he slouched back in his chair, crossing his arms while Eric sat on the chair next to him one hand on the table the other under, looking at Blue expectantly. 

"what's going on?"

Bluebell then tells them everything, from the disappearing ink, Tom Riddle, her being sucked into the diary to Hagrid. There was a pregnant pause as the trio absorbed the information, Eric was looking at the diary in contemplation, Lorena was biting her lips and Roman had a frown on his face.

"We should ask him again." Said Roman, he tried to grab the diary but Blue stopped him.

"Don't"

Roman gave her an exasperated look "For Merlin's sake, why not? We could ask him more"

"What else is to ask? He told me — Hell, he showed me what happened." Bluebell said, leaning forward to emphasize.

"It wouldn't be that surprising, would it?" Said Lorena, fidgeting.

"What are you on about?" Roman asked.

Lorena looked at Blue "I mean considering Hagrid's history with monstrous creatures."

"I wouldn't put it past him," Eric muttered.

"You wouldn't put it past him to hurt students?" Said Roman, frowning.

Eric shaked his head "No, I mean I wouldn't put it past him to have a dangerous creature in his youth."

"And maybe be heard about the monster the chamber holds and..." Blue trails off and Eric nods. "He probably thought it was a shame to have a monster cage."

"And do what with it? Take it for a walk around the courtyard?" Asked Roman, moving awkwardly in his chair, arms still crossed.

Lorena nods "Probably, you know him"

Blue sighs "Exactly, we know him and I don't think he'll do this. I don't think he'll kill anyone."

"But... didn't Riddle show you something else or anything?"

"No" Blue shakes her head looking at the diary "I told you everythin' he showed me"

"Like I said we should ask him again"

"Tell us again" said Eric

Blue half wished she hadn't found out how to work Riddle's diary. Again and again Her three friends made her recount what she'd seen, until she was heartily sick of telling them and sick of the long, circular conversations that followed.

"Riddle might have got the wrong person," said Lorena hopefully. "Maybe it was some other monster that was attacking people..."

"How many monsters d'you think this place can hold?" Roman asked dully.

"We always knew Hagrid had been expelled," said Eric miserably. "And the attacks must've stopped after Hagrid was kicked out. Otherwise, Riddle wouldn't have got his award."

Roman tried a different tack.

"He sounds like a rat to me— who asked him to squeal on Hagrid? The little shit."

"The monster had killed someone, Roman." said Bluebell, who until then had been quietly hearing what her friends were saying "And Riddle was goin' to go back to some Muggle orphanage if they closed Hogwarts, if I didn't had Amelia I'll to wouldn't want to go back either."

Roman sighs "You're right."

"You met Hagrid down Knockturn Alley, didn't you, Blue?"

"If buyin' Flesh-Eating Slug Repellent is dangerous then lock him up " Bluebell replied.

The four of them fell silent. After a long pause, Lorena voiced the knottiest question of all in a hesitant voice.

"I— I think we should ask Hagrid about it all, it would only be right, wouldn't it?"

"And tell him what, exactly?" Roman scoff.

"If he's seen something or why he was expelled?"

Roman gave her a deadpanned look while Lorena only rolled her eyes. "It was just an idea, it's not like you are proposing something."

"Roman's right Lore, we can't just go and say 'hi, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately? Or did you kill someone when you were in school?" Eric said, he was leaning his head on his closed hand.

Lorena sighs and leaned back on her chair, fidgeting with her hands under the desk. "So what are we going to do?"

The three looked at Bluebell, she was meticulously staring at the diary once again.

"If we tell him it could go one of two ways"  she said, now looking at her friends "one, he could tell us it wasn't him and clear everythin' up or two he could lash out because we caught him."

"Well, I personally wouldn't like to deal with an enraged giant"  said Roman

"Half giant" Eric corrected him. "And I don't think that'll happen. Hagrid's a gentle giant."

"Regardless, it's better not to risk it. We ain't goin' to tell him anything' , besides there hasn't been an attack in a while so there's no point."

"But if there is another?" Asked Lorena.

Blue turned to her "Then we don't have any other choice than to talk to him. But let's hope it doesn't get to that,"

More and more days went by with no whisper from the disembodied voice, they became hopeful that they would never need to talk to him about why he had been expelled. It was now nearly four months since Justin and Nearly Headless Nick had been Petrified, and nearly everybody seemed to think that the attacker, whoever it was, had retired for good. Peeves had finally got bored of his "Oh, King, you stink" song, Ernie Macmillan asked Blue quite politely to pass a bucket of leaping toadstools in Herbology one day, and in March several of the Mandrakes threw a loud and raucous party in greenhouse three. This made Professor Sprout very happy.

"The moment they start trying to move into each other's pots, we'll know they're fully mature," she told Blue. "Then we'll be able to revive those poor people in the hospital wing."

The second years were given something new to think about during their Easter holidays. The time had come to choose their subjects for the third year.

Something that really matters to Eric, for some reason and it's made Lorena nervous.

"...it could affect our whole future," she told Blue, anxiously biting her nails, looking over the list of them, not marking any classes yet "And we will probably be in different classes."

"Relax Lore" Roman told her as he ate a mouth full of eggs  "We are twelve, why should we be worried about the future"

"Because we won't be children forever."

Roman waved his hand dismissively "So then let's enjoy what we got left."

"Lorena's right, you know, these classes are really important for our future." Said Eric as he drank his pumpkin juice. He looks over along the Gryffindor table at the bushy haired girl who goes by the name of Hermione Granger who was sitting with Harry Potter and Ron Weasley "I've heard granger took a lot of classes last year"

"Are you still on with that competition?" Blue laughed silently as she ate her very sugary porridge. "Nips, you know she's a year older?"

Eric glared at her, "More reason to study as much as I can."

"Blue, what classes are you choosing?" Asked the blood girl looking over at the blonde one.

Blue shrugged "Dunno, but I want to plunk potions."

"Oh, me too, let's plunk it together." Said Roman also looking at the new subjects.

"We can't."  Eric informs. "We keep all our old subjects."

"Shame, I'd've also ditched Defense Against the Dark Arts." Bluebell scowls

"But that's very important!" said Eric, shocked.

"Not the way Lockhart teaches it," said Roman to which Bluebell nodded wholeheartedly. "I haven't learned anything from him except not to set pixies loose."

"Come of it, has anyone seen Penny lately?" Asked Bluebell, looking at the black and yellow table.

Lorena shakes her head "Not since the day at the library."

Bluebell hums looking down at her food, Penny was avoiding them or rather Bluebell who was probably the only one who knew about her bloody little secret and she wasn't planning on telling it to anyone not until at least she talks to the badger.

Blue thought it was cool, that whole vampire thing. In the past weeks she did a bit of research on them. Apparently Vampires are evil creatures that roam the night feeding on the blood of living beings.

Now, Blue sincerely believes that Penelope Green is not evil, the shy little redhead with big blue eyes from Hufflepuff who loves to read about magical animals and thinks Lockhart it's a tool is anything but evil and she wants to tell that to her as soon as she sees her.

She also learned that vampires cannot go out in the daylight and are allergic to garlic, hence explaining the potion Madam Pomfrey gave the hufflepuff in the first year and the girl's reaction forms months ago from the bread.

It sort of angered Bluebell that the staff still make food with garlic considering that there's a vampire among them. An eleven year old vampire no less. She'll have to talk that out with Dumbledore that is after she talks with Penelope.

The sound of owls entering the Great hall distracted the girl from her thoughts.

"Post" said Roman looking at the birds.

A few school birds dropped the mail into the students hand, Eric received male from her Grandmother, Roman didn't receive anything considering he didn't write to his father often, Yoyo, Lorena's barn owl dropped a deep green letter on her hands which Blue thought it was from her parents.

Blue did receive a letter, Stevie dropped the letter in her porridge much to her displeasure. Blue cleaning the letter glared up at the bird who, as if mocking her, flew around the table for a few seconds before leaving with the rest of the owls back to the owlery.

Neville Longbottom had also received a few letters, he had been sent letters from all the witches and wizards in his family, all giving him different advice on what to choose.

Bluebell's letter was from Amelia. Blue had sent her a letter about the new subjects and if she had any tips or experience she could share to help her considering her childhood was around muggles unlike her sisters who went to Hogwarts a year after having to live with Bianca....

And she definitely didn't want to do what Dean Thomas was doing, who, like her, had grown up with Muggles, ended up closing his eyes and jabbing his wand at the list, then picking the subjects it landed on.

Dear Belle.

When I was in school I, much like yourself, didn't know what I wanted to study or do. At the time I just chose what I thought sounded nice and useful for the future.

I chose muggle studies which as you see helped a lot when choosing a career and how to deal with the muggle world.

You could choose it or Divination, Care of magical creatures, maybe Arithmetic but knowing you I know it's not something you'll enjoy... regardless of how easy it really is but then again you are a Gryffindor.

Bluebell could practically see Amelia's smirk as she wrote that last part. Blue huffs at the letter with a bruised ego. "What being a Gryffindors has to do with anything?"

But at the end it's something you have to choose, think of your strengths and what you are good at, something you'll enjoy.

Write to me when you choose.

Love Amelia. XOXO

Ps. Luke says hi

Blue rolled her eyes with a smile, she started to think about what Amelia wrote, her strengths and what she's good at.... the only thing Blue felt he was really good at was Quidditch and maybe, maybe drawing. She looked at her friends.

Roman was looking over at the list, Eric was shamelessly signing up for a lot of subjects and Lorena was worriedly looking at her letter.

"So what are you lot choosin' ?" Asked Blue, taking a sip of her juice.

"Let's all choose subjects together" Roman tells them "I don't want to be in any class alone, that'll be boring."

Blue thought for a second and nodded "Sure, why not."

"I'm sure I'll have a few clases with you," said Eric.

"Well that's obvious, you practically check all the subjects" huffs Roman as he checks the box of a few subjects.

"Not all of them" said Eric rolling his eyes "I'm not choosing Divination, I'll rather do to ancient runes"

"You think ancient runes are easier than Arithmetic?" Said the anxious voice of Neville from next to Bluebell.

They turned to him, Eric shrugged "It depends on yourself, I suppose."

"Neville, you should choose something that you like." Roman tells him

Neville frown "But my uncle said—"

"Fuck your uncle"

"Roman"  Bluebell and Eric said at the same time.

"What?" Roman defended himself before looking at Neville who was staring at him scandalized "all I'm saying it's that it's your life Neville, choose whatever the hell your heart desires."

Neville bit his lips, looked at the letter then at the list in thought.

Blue turned to Lorena who was still frowning at her letter "What are you choosin' Lore?"

That seems to snap the girl out of it, she purses her lips for a moment thinking "I- I think I'm choosing Arithmetic and Ancient Runes..."

"That's it?" Asked Eric, frowning. "Those are difficult subjects, Lore. Not that I think you are dumb or anything but—"

"I know" She shrugged and looked at the letter again "But my parents want me in those"

Lorena was smart but she wasn't the smartest of the bunch, she's good at transfiguration, and Herbology and thanks to their group constantly learning new spells to use in pranks she is relatively good in charms but other than that she struggles, something that seems to weigh her.

"Fuck—" "Roman"

"Why not Divination? Or maybe Muggle studies?" Bluebell reason.

Lorena laughs bitterly "Can you imagine what my parents would do to me if I chose something like muggle studies?"

"Be a little rebellious Lore, they aren't here to constantly do what they ask you to." Said Roman

Lorena rolled her eyes and got up to leave  "You wouldn't understand."

"Oh, come on Lore, I'm sorry" Roman began to apologize but Lorena waved her hand "it's fine, I just need some air. See you lot later"

Blue sighs and watches her leave, her desire to make her parents proud it's really messing with her.

"Roman you should be more thoughtful of what you say" Eric scolds. "You know how she feels about her family."

"I know, I just think that she should stop trying to make her parents happy, as soon as she got sorted in Gryffindor that opportunity left through the window."

"It doesn't matter, we should let her deal with it the way she wants it too." Said Bluebell

Roman scoffs "So you want me to  let herself destroy herself for her parents' gain?"

"Of course not," Blue said, "But we can't help her unless she wants us to help her."

"You know the phrase that goes, people won't change unless they want to?" Said Eric "Well, Lorena won't understand us telling her that her parents aren't shit until she understands it herself."

"Exactly, until then let's not pressure her" said Blue, checking down the subjects Roman did.

"And what if she never realizes? What then?" Asked Roman

"She will.... let's hope so"

Gryffindor's next Quidditch match would be against Hufflepuff. Wood was insisting on team practices every night after dinner, so that Bluebell barely had time for anything but Quidditch and homework. However, the training sessions were getting better, or at least drier, and the evening before Saturday's match she went up to her dormitory to drop off his broomstick feeling Gryffindor's chances for the Quidditch cup had never been better.

But his cheerful mood didn't last long. At the top of the stairs to the dormitory, she met Lorena, who was looking frantic.

"Bluebell- I don't know who did it - I just found--"

Watching Blue fearfully, Lorena pushed open the door.

The contents of Bluebell's trunk had been thrown everywhere. Her shirts lay ripped on the floor. The bedclothes had been pulled off her four-poster and the drawer had been pulled out of her bedside cabinet, the contents strewn over the mattress.

"What the FUCK?" She yelled angrily.

Bluebell strutted over to the bed, open-mouthed, treading on a few loose pages of Travels with Trolls. As she and Lorena pulled the blankets back onto her bed, Lavender and her friend Padma came in. They gasp.

"Oh my goodness, how— what?" Lavender stutters looking at the mess.

"What happened, Blue?" Asked Patma.

"If only I knew," said Blue, examining her robes. All the pockets were hanging out.

"Someone's been lookin' for somethin' ," she said.

"Is there anything missing?" Asked Lorena worriedly.

Blue started to pick up all her things and throw them into her trunk. It was only as she threw the last of the Lockhart books back into it that she realized what wasn't there.

"Riddle's diary's gone," she said in an undertone to Lorena.

"What?"

She jerked her head toward the dormitory door and Lorena followed her out. They hurried down to the Gryffindor common room, which was half-empty, and joined Eric, who was sitting alone, reading a book called Ancient Runes Made Easy and Roman who was writing something down into their book.

They looked aghast at the news.

"But - only a Gryffindor could have stolen - nobody else knows our password--"

"Exactly," said Bluebell.

"Motherfuckers...."

Bluebell sighs on her bed as her eyelids open and looks at the window, it is sunny. Perfect for a Quidditch game, unfortunately the nervousness has been pushed to the back of her head thanks to last night's events, but that was the night before, now Bluebell was nervous, not that she'll admit it.

She sits up and stretches looking around the room, Lavender was still asleep, Lorena wasn't on her bed and weirdly neither was Ginny.

"Morning" said Lorena as comes out of the bathroom, showered and changed. "Ready for today's game?"

"Always ready" she said standing from the bed, "where's Ginny?"

Lorena sat on her bed, brushing her hair "Dunno, I don't think she came in last night actually."

Blue shrugged whilst making her way to the bathroom "Maybe she came in when we were all asleep and already left"

"Maybe"

Once showered and changed, she and Lorena made their way to the common room and waited for Eric and Roman to come down.

While waiting Blue asked Lorena to help her braid her hair which the blood girl happily accepted.

"You think whoever has the diary was the one who threw it away in the first place?" Asked Lorena and Blue shrugged, "maybe, I mean why would someone be so desperate to find a diary if they didn't know what was in it."

Soon, Roman and Eric came down. They all headed to the Great Hall which was packed with students and a few adults that accompanied Harry Potter as far as the girl without glasses could see.

"MAKE YOUR BETS PEOPLE—  BETS" yelled Roman as he entered the hall. "DON'T LET MY HANDSOME FACE INTIMIDATE YOU"

The trio rolled their eyes as a seven year Slytherin called him. They sat down at the edge of the table. The entire team was already there but it didn't worry Bluebell.

"Bluebell, there you are," said the voice of Oliver Wood "I was about to go and collect you before you were late"

Blue rolled her eyes "Mornin' to you too Oliver"

"We got a big game today, remember to eat enough" he said ignoring her past statement, Oliver grabbed a plate he had prepared and placed it in front of the girl.

"Damn bruv, I can't eat all this," said Blue, looking at the mountain of eggs.

"Eat it" he said before waking back to where most of the team was but stopped and look back at her "where are your glasses?"

"Merlin, you sound like my sister" Blue scowls "They are back at the dorm with the rest of my Quidditch equipment I'll get them later"

"Alright, but I better not see you on the field without them" he said before finally walking away.

"Talk about intense" mutters Eric eating his cereal while reading Lockhart's book.

"I, for one, actually agree with him," said Lorena, serving herself some pineapple.

"Whatever," she said, grabbing a piece of bacon and eating it.

"Today's business is great," Roman finally sat down on the table smiling cheerfully "I didn't know you like scrambled eggs so much."

Bluebell shot him a flat look. "It's Wood, I don't think I can stomach it."

"Ah, should have guess" he said grabbing a handful of eggs out of blue's plate "Don't mind if I do"

"So have you got any clues on who was the one who destroyed your dorm last night?" Asked Eric, looking up from his book.

Blue sighs and shakes her head twirling her fork on her plate, before looking up along the table wondering if the new owner of Riddle's diary was right in front of his eyes.

"Perfect Quidditch conditions!" said Wood enthusiastically at the Gryffindor table, loading the team's plates with scrambled eggs. "Mr. Potter, please tell your son he needs a decent breakfast."

"He'll be fine Oliver more than fine, he has my genes" someone said from the middle of the table.

"Mrs Potter—"

"— I'll Make sure he eats enough."

Lorena had been urging her to report the robbery, but Blue didn't like the idea.

She'll have to tell a teacher all about the diary, and how many people knew why Hagrid had been expelled fifty years ago? She didn't want to be the one who brought it all up again.

Bluebell pushed the plate into Roman's way,  once she realized she didn't have much stomach to eat it and placed her head on her hands looking down at the table, stressed out.

"Bluebell, I don't see you eating those eggs " said Oliver from down the table.

Blue sniffle a laugh and mutter to her friends "That's what he said"

Roman snorted loudly , Eric hid his eyes over his hand, laughing a bit more silently than Roman but still people were able to hear him, Lorena on the other hand had a confused look on her face.

"What? What are you laughing for?" Asked Oliver as he walked to the group which was still laughing obnoxiously loud.

Blue shaked her head, standing from the table urging her friends to do the same, in front of Oliver and patted him on the arm "You are a great captain Oliver."

She then turned and walked out ignoring Oliver's voice "But you didn't eat the eggs." Which causes another wave of laughter.

As she left the Great Hall with her friends to go and collect her Quidditch things, another very serious worry was added to Bluebell's growing list. She had just set foot on the marble staircase when she heard it yet again.

"Kill this time... let me rip... tear..."

"Shit" she shouted aloud and Lorena, Eric and Roman jumped away from her in alarm.

"The voice!" said Bluebell, -looking over her shoulder. "I just heard it again - didn't you?"

Roman and Lorena shook their heads, wide-eyed. Eric, however, clapped a hand to his forehead.

"Blue- I think I've just understood something! I've got to go to the library!"

Before he left Bluebell grabbed him by the robes, stopping him "Wait, you can't just walk around alone right now."

He sighs and nods "Roman, come with me"

"What? But the game—"

"Roman" Blue interject "Go with him"

"All right, but just because it's not safe and you'll been my muscle power" he said before rushing away, up the stairs following Eric.

"What does he understand?" said Lorena,

"Dunno" looking around at the blurred walls, trying to tell where the voice had come from. "Loads more than we do,"

"But why's he gotta go to the library?"

"Because that's what Nips does," said Bluebell shrugging. "When in doubt, go to the library."

Blue stood, irresolute, trying to catch the voice again, but people were now emerging from the Great Hall behind her, talking loudly, exiting through the front doors on their way to the Quidditch pitch.

"You'd better get moving," said Lorena. "It's nearly eleven - the match--"

Blue raced up to Gryffindor Tower, collected her Nimbus Two Thousand and glasses which she place on immediately, and joined the large crowd swarming across the grounds, but her mind was still in the castle along with the bodiless voice, and as she pulled on her scarlet robes in the locker room, her only comfort was that everyone was now outside to watch the game.

The teams walked onto the field to tumultuous applause. Oliver Wood took off for a warm-up flight around the goal posts; Madam Hooch released the balls. The Hufflepuffs, who played in canary yellow, were standing in a huddle, having a last-minute discussion of tactics.

Blue was just mounting his broom when Professor McGonagall came half marching, half running across the pitch, carrying an enormous purple megaphone.

Bluebell's heart dropped like a stone.

"This match has been cancelled," Professor McGonagall called through the megaphone, addressing the packed stadium. There were boos and shouts. Oliver Wood, looking devastated, landed and ran toward Professor McGonagall without getting off his broomstick.

"But, Professor!" he shouted. "We've got to play - the cup - Gryffindor--"

Professor McGonagall ignored him and continued to shout through her megaphone:

"All students are to make their way back to the House common rooms, where their Heads of Houses will give them further information. As quickly as you can, please!"

Then she lowered the megaphone and beckoned Bluebell over to her.

"King, I think you'd better come with me..."

Wondering how she could possibly suspect her this time, Blue saw Lorena detach herself from the complaining crowd; she came running up to them as they set off toward the castle. To Bluebell's surprise, Professor McGonagall didn't object.

"Yes, perhaps you'd better come, too, Blood..."

Some of the students swarming around them were grumbling about the match being canceled; others looked worried. Blue and Lorena followed Professor McGonagall back into the school and up the marble staircase. But they weren't taken to anybody's office this time.

"This will be a bit of a shock," said Professor McGonagall in a surprisingly gentle voice as they approached the infirmary. "There has been another attack... another triple attack."

Bluebell's insides did a horrible somersault.

"What— what do you mean Professor?" Asked Lorena worriedly.

Professor McGonagall pushed the door open and she and Lorena entered. Madam Pomfrey was bending over a fifth-year girl with long, curly hair. Blue recognized her as the Ravenclaw she and Roman accidentally asked for directions to the Slytherin common room. And on the bed next to her was--

"Eric, Roman" Lorena cried out.

The two boys lay utterly still, their eyes open and glassy, their wands laying next to their bodies on the nightstand.

Bluebell suddenly felt the breakfast trying to climb out of her mouth.

"They were found near the library," said Professor McGonagall. "I don't suppose either of you can explain this? It was on the floor next to them..."

She was holding up a small, circular mirror.

Lorena and Blue shook their heads, both staring at their friends, Lorena was crying, sniffing every now and then. Blue was just staring emotionless at them, her breath was starting to pick up the pace.

"I— I need—"  she stutter "excuse me—"

Bluebell left the hospital wing, she can barely hear the calls of McGonagall as she speeds away from the scene of her friends.

Her mind was blank, her hands numb, the only thing she felt was her chest tightness and her stomach doing backflips and not in a good way.

Hyperventilating, she entered the first bathroom she saw. She didn't even notice the red head woman as she pushed one stall open and puked all her breakfast and night before meal out.

As she was emptying her stomach, Bluebell felt a warm hand rubbing her back and a soft voice telling her to let it out.

Once she had nothing else to throw up, she sat down on the floor sweaty, still hyperventilating, her eyes closed as the sight of her friends stiff burned in her memory.

"It's okay sweetie, just breath" the gentle voice said "Slower"

"I— I think I'm— havin' — my heart it hurts " Bluebell mumbled slowly, opening her eyes with a hand over her chest. The woman was blurry; the only thing she could make out was the red hair and green eyes.

"You are safe, just breathe with me" she said, taking a deep breath then letting out "follow my breathing sweetie."

Blue nods and slowly tried to copy the woman's breathing as she kept repeating to Blue that she was safe and could make it out of this state.

It took a few minutes but Bluebell felt good again, the tightness on her chest was still ever so present but she was breathing normally, aware of her surroundings.

"Are you alright?" Asked the woman.

Blue finally got a good look of her, she had deep red hair—  coppery— green eyes worried, olive skin, a small smile on her pink lips. She was really pretty.

Blue stands up from the floor of the dirty bathroom floor "I'm fine. I'm sorry for uh— this "

The woman stands up with her "No need to apologize sweetheart."

Bluebell nods and walks to the sink, she opens the tap and washes her mouth, she then closes her eyes again and takes a deep breath. Not noticing the woman observing her.

"You are a player from the team?"

Blue opens her eyes and nods as she closed the tap "Seeker"

"My son's a chaser"

"Son? You're Harry's mum?" Blue said, finally looking up at the woman.

She nodded and offered her hand  "I'm Lily Potter"

Blue turn and shaked it "I'm Bluebell King"

Lily's eyes widened for a second, her green eyes darting to Bluebell's scar which was hidden by a few strands of hair then at her eyes.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Bluebell," Lily said, smiling at the girl when her surprise passed.

"The pleasure it's all mine." She said before letting go of Lily's hand.

There was an awkward pause as Lily looked at her, blue cleared her throat "Anyways, Mrs. Potter, Thank you for uh- helpin' me but I've got to go."

Lily seems to snap out of it "Oh, yes, don't worry about that. It was a pleasure to meet you."

Bluebell nodded and walked out the bathroom door, her head low as she and frowning as the memory of her friends came back, once again not noticing the people around her.

Lily came out a few seconds after Bluebell. A slight frown on her face as she stared at the back of the girl's head.

"Lilypads, here you are. You got me worried" said James Potter as he walked over to his wife. "Are you alright?"

Lily nods still looking at the girl "I'm fine, I was just helping someone."

"See, I told you she was alright, Prongs." Said Sirius Black

James rolled his eyes "Well forgive me for wanting to check on my wife."

"You wanted to bombarda the door"

"Extreme situations require extreme solutions"

"You're so dramatic sometimes," said Sirius.

Remus rolled his eyes "Weren't you about to barge into Minnie's office demanding to continue the match?"

"That was then, now is now" Sirius said "besides now that I know what happened I can understand."

"What happened?" Asked Lily

James sighs, worriedly "Another attack, three students."

Lily's eyes widened in concern "What? Who?"

"Two second years and a girl from sixth year" Remus answered

"But I thought the attacks had stopped" said the woman

"Apparently the so-called heir was bored and  needed to make a dramatic comeback" Sirius said, trying to light the situation.

"This is horrible" Lily sighs, worriedly not only for her son but the students in general.

"All we can do is hope for the year to end soon." James said, Lily looked up at him staring into his hazel eyes....  The same eyes she thought she saw in Bluebell. But that's impossible.

"Let's just hope they catch the heir"

"All students will return to their House common rooms by six o'clock in the evening. No student is to leave the dormitories after that time. You will be escorted to each lesson by a teacher. No student is to use the bathroom unaccompanied by a teacher. All further Quidditch training and matches are to be postponed. There will be no more evening activities."

The Gryffindors packed inside the common room listened to Professor McGonagall in silence. She rolled up the parchment from which she had been reading and said in a somewhat choked voice, "I need hardly add that I have rarely been so distressed. It is likely that the school will be closed unless the culprit behind these attacks is caught. I would urge anyone who thinks they might know anything about them to come forward."

She climbed somewhat awkwardly out of the portrait hole, and the Gryffindors began talking immediately.

"That's three Gryffindors down, not counting a Gryffindor ghost, one Ravenclaw, and one Hufflepuff, " said the Weasley twins'friend Lee Jordan, counting on his fingers. "Haven't any of the teachers noticed that the Slytherins are all safe? Isn't it obvious all this stuff's coming from Slytherin? The Heir of Slytherin, the monster of Slytherin - why don't they just chuck all the Slytherins out?" he roared, to nods and scattered applause.

Percy Weasley was sitting in a chair behind Lee, but for once he didn't seem keen to make his views heard. He was looking pale and stunned.

"Percy's in shock," Blue heard George tell Harry Potter quietly. "That Ravenclaw girl - Penelope Clearwater - she's a prefect. I don't think he thought the monster would dare attack a prefect."

But Bluebell was only half-listening. The image of her friends lying on the hospital bed as though carved out of stone was burned into her memory.

And if the culprit wasn't caught soon, she was going to go back home, maybe even going back to the Scott's considering that Amelia's still not her legal guardian. Tom Riddle had turned Hagrid in because he was faced with the prospect of a Muggle orphanage if the school closed. Bluebell now knew exactly how he had felt.

"What're we going to do?" said Lorena quietly in Bluebell ears, her eyes dry but she had a sorrowful look. "D'you think they suspect Hagrid?"

"We've got to go and talk to him," said Bluebell, making up her mind. "I can't believe it's him this time, but if he set the monster loose last time he'll know how to get inside the Chamber of Secrets, and that's a start."

"But McGonagall said we've got to stay in our tower unless we're in class--"

"I don't care" she snapped "We'll make it"

They went to bed at the usual time, waited until Lavender and Ginny, who each day that passed looked more pale, finally fell asleep, then got up, dressed again.

To say it was hard was an understatement, Teachers, prefects, and ghosts were marching the corridors in pairs, staring around for any unusual activity. It took forever a lot of distraction, different spells and mini hearts attacks from the girls for them to finally make it out of the castle. It was a miracle they actually got out without getting caught.

It was a clear, starry night. They hurried toward the lit windows of Hagrid's house. Seconds after they had knocked, Hagrid flung it open. Lorena gasps when they find themselves face-to-face with him aiming a crossbow at them. Fang the boarhound barked loudly behind him.

"What the hell hagrid?" Blue breaths out.

"Oh," he said, lowering the weapon and staring at them. "What're you two doin'here?"

"What's that for?" said Lorena, pointing at the crossbow as they stepped inside.

"Nothin'- nothin'-" Hagrid muttered. "I've bin expectin'- doesn'matter - Sit down - I'll make tea--"

He hardly seemed to know what he was doing. He nearly extinguished the fire, spilling water from the kettle on it, and then smashed the teapot with a nervous jerk of his massive hand.

"Are you okay, Hagrid?" said Bluebell. "Did you hear about Roman and Eric?"

"Oh, I heard, all righ'," said Hagrid, a slight break in his voice.

He kept glancing nervously at the windows. He poured them both large mugs of boiling water (he had forgotten to add tea bags) and was just putting a slab of fruitcake on a plate when there was a loud knock on the door.

Hagrid dropped the fruitcake. The girls exchanged panicstricken looks.

"Go Hide. Quickly" he pointed at a large Wardrobe.

They quickly stood up and entered the spacious wardrobe and closed it behind them. Thankfully there was a small hole where the girls could see, Hagrid checked that they were hidden, seized his crossbow, and flung open his door once more.

"Good evening, Hagrid."

It was Dumbledore. He entered, looking deadly serious, and was followed by a second, very odd-looking man.

The stranger had rumpled gray hair and an anxious expression, and was wearing a strange mixture of clothes: a pinstriped suit, a scarlet tie, a long black cloak, and pointed purple boots. Under his arm he carried a lime-green bowler.

"That's Cornelius Fudge, the Minister of Magic!" Lorena informs Bluebell.

Blue turned to her "how do you know?"

"My father works with him."

Hagrid had gone pale and sweaty. He dropped into one of his chairs and looked from Dumbledore to Cornelius Fudge.

"Bad business, Hagrid," said Fudge in rather clipped tones. "Very bad business. Had to come. Four attacks on Muggle-borns and one halfblood. Things've gone far enough. Ministry's got to act."

"I never," said Hagrid, looking imploringly at Dumbledore. "You know I never, Professor Dumbledore, sir--"

"I want it understood, Cornelius, that Hagrid has my full confidence," said Dumbledore, frowning at Fudge.

"Look, Albus," said Fudge, uncomfortably. "Hagrid's record's against him. Ministry's got to do something - the school governors have been in touch--"

"Yet again, Cornelius, I tell you that taking Hagrid away will not help in the slightest," said Dumbledore. His blue eyes were full of a fire Bluebell had never seen before.

"Look at it from my point of view," said Fudge, fidgeting with his bowler. "I'm under a lot of pressure. Got to be seen to be doing something. If it turns out it wasn't Hagrid, he'll be back and no more said. But I've got to take him. Got to. Wouldn't be doing my duty--"

"Take me?" said Hagrid, who was trembling. "Take me where?"

"For a short stretch only," said Fudge, not meeting Hagrid's eyes. "Not a punishment, Hagrid, more a precaution. If someone else is caught, you'll be let out with a full apology--"

"Not Azkaban?" croaked Hagrid.

Before Fudge could answer, there was another loud rap on the door.

Dumbledore answered it. Bluebell places a hand over Lorena's mouth to stop her from gasping.

Mr. Lucius Malfoy strode into Hagrid's hut, swathed in a long black traveling cloak, smiling a cold and satisfied smile. Fang started to growl.

"What's this asshole doing here?" Bluebell whispered.

"Already here, Fudge," he said approvingly. "Good, good..."

"What're you doin'here?" said Hagrid furiously. "Get outta my house!"

"My dear man, please believe me, I have no pleasure at all in being inside your - er - d'you call this a house?" said Lucius Malfoy, sneering as he looked around the small cabin. "I simply called at the school and was told that the headmaster was here."

"And what exactly did you want with me, Lucius?" said Dumbledore. He spoke politely, but the fire was still blazing in his blue eyes.

"Dreadful thing, Dumbledore," said Malfoy lazily, taking out a long roll of parchment, "but the governors feel it's time for you to step aside. This is an Order of Suspension - you'll find all twelve signatures on it. I'm afraid we feel you're losing your touch. How many attacks have there been now? Two more this afternoon, wasn't it? At this rate, there'll be no Muggle-borns left at Hogwarts, and we all know what an awful loss that would be to the school."

"Oh, now, see here, Lucius," said Fudge, looking alarmed, "Dumbledore suspended - no, no - last thing we want just now."

"The appointment - or suspension - of the headmaster is a matter for the governors, Fudge," said Mr. Malfoy smoothly. "And as Dumbledore has failed to stop these attacks--"

"See here, Malfoy, if Dumbledore can't stop them," said Fudge, whose upper lip was sweating now, "I mean to say, who can?"

"That remains to be seen," said Mr. Malfoy with a nasty smile. "But as all twelve of us have voted--"

Hagrid leapt to his feet, his shaggy black head grazing the ceiling.

An'how many did yeh have ter threaten an'blackmail before they agreed, Malfoy, eh?" he roared.

"Dear, dear, you know, that temper of yours will lead you into trouble one of these days, Hagrid," said Mr. Malfoy. "I would advise you not to shout at the Azkaban guards like that. They won't like it at all."

"Yeh can'take Dumbledore!" yelled Hagrid, making Fang the boarhound cower and whimper in his basket. "Take him away, an'the Muggle-borns won'stand a chance! There'll be killin'next!"

"Calm yourself, Hagrid," said Dumbledore sharply. He looked at Lucius Malfoy.

"If the governors want my removal, Lucius, I shall of course step aside--"

"But -" stuttered Fudge.

"No!" growled Hagrid.

Dumbledore had not taken his bright blue eyes off Lucius Malfoy's cold gray ones.

"However," said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word, "you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me... Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it."

For a second, Blue was almost sure Dumbledore's eyes flickered toward the wardrobe where she and  Loren were hidden.

"Admirable sentiments," said Malfoy, bowing. "We shall all miss your - er - highly individual way of running things, Albus, and only hope your successor willl manage to prevent any - ah - killins."

He strode to the cabin door, opened it, and bowed Dumbledore out. Fudge, fiddling with his bowler, waited for Hagrid to go ahead of him, but Hagrid stood his ground, took a deep breath, and said carefully, "If anyone wanted ter find out some stuff, all they'd have ter do would be ter follow the spiders. That'd lead em right. That's all I'm sayin'."

Fudge stared at him in amazement.

"All right, I'm comin', said Hagrid, pulling on his moleskin overcoat. But as he was about to follow Fudge through the door, he stopped again and said loudly, "An'someone'll need ter feed Fang while I'm away."

The door banged shut and finally the two girl step out of the large wardrobe.

"We're in trouble now,"  Lorena said hoarsely. "No Dumbledore. They might as well close the school tonight. There'll be an attack a day with him gone."

Fang started howling, scratching at the closed door.

A/N : hi, I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Btw I made a tumblr account for Blue if you want to check it out - bluebellthechosen1 and IG is lunaromewattpad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.4K 812 26
"๐ˆ'๐ฆ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐จ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฌ๐ก๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐จ๐œ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐‰๐š๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ ๐…๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฆ๐จ๐ง๐ญ ๐๐จ๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ. ๐€๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž'๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ...
23.3K 469 39
โ๐–ถ๐—‚๐—…๐—… ๐—๐—๐—‚๐—Œ ๐—…๐–บ๐—Œ๐— ๐–ฟ๐—ˆ๐—‹๐–พ๐—๐–พ๐—‹?โž ๐–บ๐—Œ๐—„๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐—๐–บ๐—‹๐—‹๐—’ ๐—‰๐—ˆ๐—๐—๐–พ๐—‹. โ๐–จ๐–ฟ ๐—’๐—ˆ๐—Ž ๐—๐–บ๐—‡๐— ๐—Ž๐—Œ ๐—๐—ˆ, ๐—๐—๐–พ๐—‡ ๐—๐—๐—‚๐—Œ ๐—๐—‚๐—…๐—… ๐—…๐–บ๐—Œ๐—...
29.4K 1.4K 17
๐—œ๐—ณ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐˜๐—ต ๐˜†๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฑ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐—ฎ ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—น๐—น, ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ป'๐˜ ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ฒ ๐—ฃ๐—ผ๐˜๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ...
748K 15.2K 33
โ L O V I N G Y O U I S T H E W I L D E S T A D V E N T U R E I ' V E E V E R B E E N O N โž