THE REDHEAD ☾ jj maybank

Galing kay FL0WERFIELDS

" hey there, delilah. what's it like in-" "the outerbanks." "you ruined the song... Higit pa

-ˏˋ THE REDHEAD ˊˎ-
SEASON ONE
1 | paradise on earth
2 | diver down
3 | the motel room
4 | dead body
5 | beach fight
6 | the bends
7 | big john's compass
8 | girl talk
9 | lana's house
10 | home invasion
11 | sad stories
12 | friendzone
13 | redfield's tomb
14 | dear bird
15 | hotel wifi
16 | scrapyard
17 | jumped at a golf course
18 | a bet is made
19 | the royal merchant
20 | movie night gone wrong
21 | the confession
22 | midsummers
23 | rixon's cove
24 | scary stories of the crain house
25 | the girls are fighting
26 | resolving issues
27 | well, well, well
28 | a set-up
29 | arguments
30 | failure of a mother
31 | safe in each others arms
32 | scholarship or john b?
33 | murder on the airstrip
34 | wanted posters
35 | preparation for escape
36 | the phantom
37 | pogue style
38 | was it a farewell forever?
SEASON TWO
1 | a memorial
2 | stick and poke
3 | unexpected text
5 | fumbling the plan
6 | sewers
7 | the letter
8 | roadtrip to charleston
9 | reunited
10 | welcome home
11 | a party for six
12 | the arrest
13 | innocent or guilty?
14 | visiting hours
15 | escape plan gone wrong
16 | released from jail
17 | drama within the group
18 | the fake key
19 | boat explosions
20 | soulmates
21 | diary entries
22 | annual bonfire
23 | threatened by army rangers
24 | island room
25 | the true treasure
26 | a careless father
27 | the special cross
28 | round two of pope's driving
29 | improvisation
30 | rafe or the gators?
31 | sneaking onto the ship
32 | a new addition to the group
33 | retrieving the cross
34 | two lovers floating at sea
35 | poguelandia
SEASON THREE
1 | crash landing
2 | the search for kie
3 | hawks nest part two
4 | luxury boat
5 | home sweet home
6 | like mother like daughter?
7 | tactical convincing
8 | heist
9 | the lies and a desecration
10 | snack time at a crime scene
11 | last one standing
12 | party crasher
13 | goblin mode
14 | up in flames
15 | barracuda mike
16 | kitty hawk wilderness camp
17 | a ride to south america
18 | hiking
19 | two funerals
20 | full kook
authors note !

4 | tickling the wire

5.8K 122 24
Galing kay FL0WERFIELDS

SEASON TWO,
CHAPTER 4:

TICKLING THE WIRE

"Woogity-woogity."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

ON THE DOCKS next to the Carrera's restaurant, four teenagers can be hanging out there as it's away from other people in the island. A drastic change in their mood compared to when they first found out the dreaded news. More smiles can be seen creeping onto their faces as they let themselves be happy for once, no longer feeling guilty about not having John B and Sarah around.

"So we going to the Bahamas or what?" JJ questions.

"Dude, there's no way we're getting to the Bahamas." Pope states.

"John B's gonna get nabbed sooner or later, so if we're gonna clear his name then we needed to have done it yesterday." Kie informs.

"I'll tell you how we do it." JJ says.

"You have it all planned out?" Delilah asks, raising a brow at the boy.

"As a matter of fact, I do." JJ replies. "We kidnap Rafe, tie him up, stick the gun in his mouth, and just wait until he starts squawking."

Delilah's eyes widen. "I'm sorry, what?"

"You know, torture's a war crime." Kie reminds.

"Yeah, so how exactly do you plan on clearing John B's name from a prison cell?" Pope asks. "Because that's a felony."

"Alright, well, what's your plan then, Pope?" JJ fires back. "I was just trying to keep it simple. You know, one stop and we're done."

"Guys, all we need is a material witness." Pope tells them. "We all saw Ward's plane fly right over our heads with the gold inside of it. But he didn't fly it, so someone else was there on the tarmac. They saw Peterkin get murdered."

"But Ly saw that too." JJ argues.

"No, Pope's right." Delilah agrees. "None of them believe me, so we need physical proof. We just need to find whoever that was and get them to confess."

"On record." Pope adds.

"How do we do that?" Kie asks.

"A little light espionage." Pope replies, a smile now on his face. "Woogity-woogity."

"Woogity, baby!" JJ exclaims.

Now having a plan of what they're going to do to help clear John B's name, the friends make their way over to Kie's car where they clamber inside and set off for the road — Pope managed to call shotgun for the passengers seat. The four are still trying to get a better plan of action going of how exactly they're going to get this material evidence. All they need is to create a perfect plan and have it run smoothly if they want this to be successful.

"If this guy flew planes for Ward, he's gotta be pretty tight-lipped." Pope informs.

"So then direct approach gets my vote." JJ tells them as he loudly cocks the gun.

"What? No!" Kie exclaims.

"JJ, no! Put the gun down, man." Pope demands.

"We gotta keep this simple, or else we'll never get John B off." JJ argues.

"Or we just tickle the wire." Pope suggests. "All I need to do is plant my phone in his car, and then we listen in on your airpods."

"Does that actually work?" Delilah asks, intrigued.

"Say something." Pope instructs.

"I ate all of Kie's chocolate at lunch today." Delilah admits.

"What? Delilah!" Kie exclaims. "I fucking knew it was you, lying ass."

As this is said into the phone outstretched towards the redhead, they all listen as it's repeated through the radio in the car — even Kiara shouting at Lila is heard. Pope just smiles that it's already going as he has planned, whereas JJ looks confused about how he's managed to do that.

"Woah, that's cool." Delilah comments.

"Did you seriously eat all my chocolate?" Kie asks.

"Isn't that his house over there?" Delilah questions, slyly changing the topic.

"Yeah, it is." Pope replies.

Kie pulls the car over in a open clearing on the side of the road, parking it as the engine is turned off. She makes sure that it's not in a suspicious spot in order to throw the attention away from them all because that's the last thing they need right now.

"Okay, just tell it something if you see anything suspicious." Pope tells them.

"Don't do anything dangerous." Kie pleas.

"Come on. I'm not Del or JJ." Pope reminds with a grin on his face.

"Funny, Pope." JJ comments, sarcastically.

Pope ignores the blond and climbs out of the car, which then leaves his three friends sitting inside to patiently wait for him. The boy walks over to one of the houses nearby as he makes sure to crouch down and try to stay hidden, trying his best not get caught by anyone. However, it's hard to do so because Pope doesn't particularly know the area very well and it's therefore hard to decipher where he is safe or not.

"How's it been going with Pope and all?" JJ suddenly asks the brunette.

"It's good." Kie simply replies.

"It's good? Alright." JJ says with a nod. "But in the bedroom, is he kinda freaky? 'Cause it's Pope, you know?"

"Quit being nosey." Delilah hisses.

"I'm curious!" JJ informs, trying to defend what he's asked. "I'm just kinda spitballing here."

"You don't need to do that. We could sit in silence and wait." Kie tells him. "I mean, you don't hear us asking about yours and Lila's sex life."

"Well—" JJ begins.

"I don't wanna know." Kie states, interrupting the blond. "Keep that private between you two."

"Chill, I wasn't gonna say anything." JJ assures. "I was just gonna say it's kinda awkward sitting here in silence."

"You're making it awkward, JJ." Delilah informs.

"I'm curious, okay?" JJ repeats. "I mean, ranking wise, is John B better?"

"What?" Kie exclaims in disbelief.

"Oh, you've messed up now." Delilah mumbles.

The car door to the passengers side suddenly swings open as Pope steps into the car, informing the three that he's successfully completed the task. But a tense mood hangs in the air that causes him to pause and furrow his brows. The boy's eyes meet Delilah's since she seems to be the only one acting normal, the girl just motioning for him to not say anything.

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

After awhile of waiting around outside of the house, the teenagers have grown impatient as they realise that nothing of their interest. Night has now fallen over them all and fits the scene to their own liking, making it easier to sneak around in the darkness. So, the four have decided to finally call the person and pretend to be someone else.

"Hello?" The man says as he picks up the phone.

"Hello. Is Gavin there?" Kie asks.

"This is Gavin." The man states. "Who's this?"

"I know what happened on the tarmac." Kie informs.

"Um... Who's this?" Gavin repeats.

"It was Rafe Cameron." Kie continues. "But you already knew that, and you lied about it."

"Alright, you're going to tell me who this is right now." Gavin demands.

"You could have saved her, but you didn't." Kie states. "And you're not getting away with this."

"Listen to me!" Gavin exclaims. "Who is this?"

Once again, the brunette doesn't listen to his angry demands and simply chooses not to reply to avoid giving away their identities. Then, with nothing else needing to be said, the button that ends the phone call is pressed and no voices can now be heard.

"Alright, we tickled the wire. Phase two is now complete." Pope informs.

"So now we just wait and listen?" Delilah asks.

"Yep." Pope replies.

A few more minutes pass before any real movement can be seen coming from the house. They watch as Gavin leaves the comfort of his own home and gets into his car, switching the engine on and instantly driving away. Bright headlights beam through the darkness and light up the surroundings to ensure safe driving on roads.

As the car passes by, the four have to swiftly duck down in order to avoid themselves spotted — if some teenagers were found after he had revived that call, he would definitely think it was them. They watch as Gavin continues driving with zero suspicions before finally sitting up right in their seats once again. Kie starts to drive along the quiet roads too after turning the engine of the car on, planning on trailing behind the man. Pope just puts the airpods in his ears and listens to the conversation taking place.

"He's talking to Ward." Pope informs, pausing for a moment. "He's talking about negotiating something. Renegotiating, I think."

"Are you serious?" Kie questions in disbelief.

"Oh, shit." Pope curses. "Gavin has the gun that Rafe used to kill Peterkin."

"Oh my god." Delilah mutters.

"I think he's trying to use it as leverage." Pope tells them. "Now he's panicking."

"Wait, he's pulling over."  Kie states.

"Go around the block." JJ instructs.

The teenagers drive past the car that Gavin is sitting inside of, the signal slowly being to fade away as the distance between the phone and the airpods is too much. Kiara tries her best to go as fast as possible, ignoring the strings of curses and shouts that leave her friends mouth. However, as a corner is turned, the road ahead appears to be blocked due to the fact that roadwork is being conducted.

"What the hell is this?" JJ exclaims.

"Stop." Pope demands. "Just stop the car and turn around now."

But the world doesn't seem to be on the fours side today because a digger comes driving around the corner and pulls up behind the car. A loud beeping sound is emitted from the truck as it reverses from where it came from, following the directions that a man is ordering the driver. JJ swings the car door open and doesn't hesitate to start shouting at the road workers, annoyed that their plan is just being interrupted even further.

"Pope!" Kie calls.

Delilah's head snaps behind herself to see that Pope has leaped out of the car and is running down the street. The boy appears to have taken matters into his own hands after choosing not to say anything to the others. The three just copy their friends actions and follow closely behind him as they ignore the fact that they aren't allowed to leave their vehicle parked there — though, Kie does offer them a quick apology.

Four teenagers sprint through the back gardens that belong to the Kooks, completely ignoring that they're trespassing on property because they've gone illegal stuff before. They head in the direction that Gavin's car was previously parked in order to get closer and regain that connection with the airpods once again. Delilah and the two quickly and silently make their way past some of their classmates swimming around in the pool, hurrying over to Pope where he's ducked down behind a row of bushes. A panicked look has taken over the boys face.

"What does that mean? What's wrong?" Delilah asks, starting to feel panicked herself.

"Did you hear something?" Kie adds.

"He'd meeting Ward right now." Pope tells them, eyes widened. "We have to go. Come on."

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

385K 5.8K 16
This is a story where Izuku is the son of All might and has a twin sister name izumi, his mother is also the number fifth pro hero. However after bei...
13.3K 304 27
二婚[虫族] 作者:一蝉新 story not mine all credits to the author for offline reading only
28.9K 1.3K 14
Blue lock x fem!reader Shidou Ryusei x fem!reader ↠𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 you, the ex of Itoshi sae gets added into a group full of footballers
272K 8K 89
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...