Forever Swingin || DeVante Sw...

Da SOFTArrogance

Aaliyah and DeVante Fanfic Altro

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VIII
VIII
IX
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XIIV
CHAPTER 2 CAST
0.I
0.0.II
0.0.III
0.0.IV.I.II
0.0.IV
{0.0.V}
{0.0.VI}
{0.0.VII}
{0.0.VIII}
{0.0.IX}
{0.0.IX.I}
{0.0.IX.II}
EPIGRAPH
{0.0.IX.III}
0.0.IX.IV
0.0.IX.V
0.0.IX.VI
0.0.IX.VII
0.0.IX.VIII
0.0.IX.IX
0.0.IX.XI.I
0.0.IX.IX.II
0.0.IX.IX.III
0.0.IX.IX.III.IV
0.0.IX.IX
0.0.IX.IX.VI.III
0.0.X
0.0.X.I
0.0.XI
0.0.XI.I
0.0.XI.II
0.0.XII
0.0.XIII
0.0.XIII.I.II
0.0.XIII.I.III
0.0.XIV
0.0.XIV.I.II
0.0.XV
0.0.XV.I
0.0.XV.II
0.0.XVI
0.0.XVI.I
0.0.XVI.II
0.0.XVI.III
0.0.XVI.III
0.0.XVII
0.0.XVII.II
0.0.XVII.I.III
0.0.XVII.IV
0.0.XVII.VII.I.II
0.0.XVII.VI.III
0.0.XVIII
0.0.XVIII.I
0.0.XVIII.II
0.0.XVIII.III
0.0.XVIII.IV
0.0.XIX
0.0.XIX
0.0.XX
0.0.XX.I
0.0.XXI
0.0.XXII
0.0.XXII.I
0.0.XXIII
0.0.XXIV
0.0.XXIV.I
0.0.XXV
0.0.XXVI
0.0.XXVI.I
0.0.XXVI.II
0.0.XXVII
0.0.XXVIII
0.0.XXIX
0.0.XXIX.I
0.0.XXXII
0.0.XXXIII
0.0.XXXVI
0.0.XXXVII
0.0.XXXVIII
0.0.XXXIX
0.0.XL
0.0.XLI
0.0.XLII
0.0.XLIII
0.0.XLIV
0.0.XLV
0.0.XLVI
0.0.XLVII
0.0.XLVIII
0.0.XLIX
0.0.XLIX/Part-Two
0.0.L
0.0.LI
0.0.LII/Part One
0.0.LII/Part Two
0.0.Llll

0.0.XI.II.II

1.5K 54 59
Da SOFTArrogance

PART TWO......

             DeVante parted ways, chuckling about his inner thoughts as he tried to navigate the vast grocery store as a conquest of an item he had no clue of how to find. Grocery shopping wasn't his forte; it was something he never had to do, at least not anymore, not since his mom sent him to the store once, and he came out with all the wrong items. How in the hell was he supposed to know where the bell peppers and onions were kept around this big ass store.

        "Excuse me, cutie. DeVante said, approaching the first employee he saw in a uniform. It was a young lady, probably in her teen years, who was about Aaliyah's age, stacking can-provide goods, etc., on the shelves, and she was blowing a sizeable pink bubble from a commodity of her gum. When she saw him, she immediately smiled and her eyes became bugged-eyed when she recognized him and he was even more attractive in person.

         "Yes!!.... She cheesed big star-struck. How can I help you ?".... She replied, putting her stacking to a halted stop. That caused the male to chuckle lowly over how energetic and the enthusiasm laced in her voice.

"You think you can pinpoint me to the vegetables? I'm sort of lost and.... clearly don't know my way around this big-ass store. The young girl laughed a little more than she should have, pointing a shaky finger forward.

"I-its it's at the entrance of the store up front. She said with nervousness in her voice. She had worked here as a stock clerk since her freshman year of high school and never encountered a celebrity on the premises before. The store was local and irreverent, so one can imagine the expression on her face seeing one of the members of the hottest R&B group in music standing in front of her and asking for directions.

"Good looking out. He said with a head nod going on his way. But before he could, the young girl exclaimed suddenly.

"Can I please have your autograph!!.... She said happily with stars in her eyes, which stopped him in his tracks as he glanced back for a moment. He wasn't expected to sign anything today. Nonetheless, he could never turn a fan away. Jodeci loved and owed them so much for their success. And my girlfriends we love Jodeci so much, and you all influenced us to start our group. She smiled timidly. I'm considered you of the group. She blushed. Er, I like to write songs, and I was ecstatic when I found out you and your brother are from the VA.

"Word.... DeVante said delightfully as his face smoothed over. It always gave him joy whenever he met people from the V.A., his home state representing. Before relocating to N.C. That's what's up; you live here in Jersey ?"

         She nodded."Yeah... my pops relocated the family here for a new job. She explained thoroughly, rolling her eyes, indicating she didn't like it here much. That caused him to laugh a bit due to the similarities of how he felt about North Carolina when his pops moved them there. It was nothing but white folks everywhere.

"I know the feeling, kid. Do you have something for me to sign ?"...

She smiled happily, going over to the shelf and grabbing her inventory clipboard. For some reason, that made him chuckle, knowing she didn't give a brash f***; instead, she could be fired or not. He liked that entirely, shawty was upfront. She handed him the clipboard to sign. 

       "You got a p— before he could finish, she took a pen from her uniform vest pocket, tossing it over him. He caught it perfectly with one hand signing his usual famous signature in substantial cursive letters.

         DeVante Swing, making this out to the incredibly talented. Sorry, I didn't catch your name, cutie ?".... DeVante asked. She slowly blushed for a moment, glancing up at the R&B producer in astonishment, eyes filled with bliss just standing in front of him.

         "N-Nicole Wary. She announced to him, and he nodded his head slowly, writing exactly that down.

      "Here you go.

      "Thank you. She replied happily as if the clipboard were a bag of gold, hugging it to her chest for safekeeping.

       "Keep working hard alright, I put my business number on there. Go back home tonight, call yah girls, and get a demo together, once you do, give that number a call right away, ask for Shannon, and tell him I sent you. DeVante explained, pointing to himself. He'll send your demo to me that way; I can listen to it, okay? I'm looking forward to seeing what you're working with.

          Nicole nodded her head, barely believing what happened."Thank you, Thank you so much!!... She squealed, causing the producer to chuckle, knowing that he was a part of making someone's musical dream come true.

       "Alright, now get back to work before your supervisor comes all out here tripping on you for not doing your job. He joked and mused. Nicole laughed, not even caring if that happened; DeVante just made her day. Not only did he sign an autograph for her, but he put his number down, confirming a possible Workmanship shortly. If things go right, she wouldn't have to worry about this crusty grocery store ever again, let alone be seen in it. There you go, just remember what I said. DeVante said diligently on his way to the entrance using the directions given. Luckily it wasn't hard to find, and he did so in a matter of minutes. He sprinted right over to the dark-colored green peppers, and other watered sprayed vegetables aligned in large basket bins, ready to be picked and savory into a meal.

DeVante didn't hesitate to grab a few in his large hands; realizing he had nowhere to put them, he debated instead or not to put them inside his hoodie, but... the moment he began to do so, he got a couple of gapes from elderly shoppers passing by waiting for him to make a swift movement and possibly prosecute him due to him being the only African American male in here. They were waiting to catch him off guard, and the light blue jeans, a grey hoodie, and a baseball cap probably made it much worse.

Until he saw a lady grab a plastic bag from the rack and put her items into it. He followed routinely doing the same thing, although, for a minute, he struggled to pull the thin plastic apart, finding it extremely hard to open correctly.

How do folks do this shit?..... He mumbled gritting impatiently. He ended up ripping the whole plastic bag apart because his hands were too large. He grabbed another one and went towards the onions, putting a few inside. He didn't know why but he felt like an old ass lady doing this.

"What the fuck.... He cussed in a mumbled tone. Why she didn't grab this shit in the beginning. If she did, he wouldn't be struggling right about now.

"Here, a woman shopper said amusedly, watching him fuck up for about a minute before extending her help. He rotated his body from the sound and glanced over his shoulder, seeing a petite female with long legs covered in thin black fishnet stockings, and long red boots that stopped below a red matching skirt with different colored patterns embedded in the design. The woman had a black charcoal-colored silk blouse on with short ruffled sleeves complimenting her brown skin, and russet highlighted brown mixed, pressed curls pinned up in the back while the ringlets fringed cascade in the front of her forehead like a bang down the side of her face.

It was no other than Lovita, the same woman he dreaded seeing since their last sexual face-to-face almost about a month ago. DeVante face tinged with horror as his chest slowly heaved up and down upon seeing her as something out of a horror film. Her presence generated a ton of confusion inside him, mostly dark like an evil omen in the skyline.

         Lovita formed an alluring smirk tailing her dark cherry-colored lipstick lips as her white teeth curved her bottom brim lip as she fixture her dark sunglasses property on her face by lifting them. It was as if she knew how he was feeling now, and thinking nonetheless could care less at all, especially when it came to what she wanted. He was what she wanted and desired, like a drug.

       Lovita took a fresh plastic bag from the roll and opened it wide in a way it should have been done in the first place.

       "Lovita!?..... He questioned as he kissed his teeth immediately, clearly unhappy laced in his tone. What the fuck are you doing here?!..... we're following mutherfuckers now. He deadpanned with a low grunt as the woman moved forward towards him in an attempt to touch him.

          DeVante yanked his arm away in a quick flash. You didn't answer my fucking question. He hissed lowly pointing a finger at her.

          "Here don't you want, your bell peppers?".... She questioned placing a few inside and handing them over to him. De scoffed incredulously, was she serious right now is what went through his mind. Even if so her noncooking ass didn't know shit about vegetables, he was surprised she could identify one.

       "Fuck no, I like my shit fresh. He said with a snort pushing the bag and her out the way and getting a new one.

          Lovita chuckled lowly and deviously to herself, she loved the simple fact that she could get deeply underneath his skin with just her presence alone. It made her feel like she had the upper hand which she did. She could control his feelings TSK.... just like that.

        "Oh.... come on don't be like that, De. She said softly walking over to him his back was turned away from her and towards the crate instead. Why do you have to be so hostile all... the time, it's so unnecessary don't you think ?"....

                 DeVante quickly sniveled whole his body around, knowing it was the only way to tuck his anger inside in front of all of these white folks. Unnecessary, he scoffed. Bitch, you got the nerve to follow me ?!..... he pointed to himself a little louder than he needed to be.

   Lovita quickly looked around, hoping a scene wasn't being caused. She stepped forward to him hoping passersby would look away.

       "Lower your voice.... She hissed back lowly to him. You do not want to cause a scene in here with all of these white folks looking upon you do you?".... She deadpanned seriously to him touching his shoulder. Latest news tonight, Jodeci member causes ruckus in the grocery store, how does that sound for national headlines?

DeVante paused for a moment, knowing simply that he had to be careful. He snatched away. "Don't tell me what to do. Matter of fact don't say shit else to me how about that. He leaned in and growled lowly in her ear. I'm out. He replied grabbing his items and walking away. Lovita folded her arms slowly across her chest and tapped her stilettos heels against the marble cream-colored floor, you could hear the annoying tapping penetrating his ears as he tried to walk away from the living demon in the flesh when he saw her.

      "You walk away from me, I'll make your life more miserable than it already is. Lovita said to him semi-loud. DeVante quickly stopped dead in his tracks before turning around slowly facing her. The simple movement caused her to smile and deepen over the authority power she had over him.

       "Aye, what you just say to me?!.... He stomped back up to her this time up close and personal becoming centimeters from her face. The closeness didn't affect or threaten her but instead turned her on tremendously. If they weren't in public right now she wouldn't hesitate to strip out of clothing and climb on top of him. That was just how sexy and appealing he was to her.

      "You heard me. She spat with an evil smirk plastered on her face. You make one little move you'll see the worst of me. And I swear you will, you know how fucked up I can get. She threatened with a sneer.

DeVante heavy breathing was laced up with rage as his nostrils flared up over the simple fact she was yet again doing this to him as if he were a wooden entertaining puppet with strings attached to his backside and shoulders yet he knew how crazy she truly was and surprisedly that scared the fuck out of him. He sighed heavily taking two deep breaths.

"That's better, Lovita cooed out to him mockingly reaching out to touch his cheek. He pulled back from her embrace.

        "What do you want, ?"..... He grumbled. You trying to control me again ?".... Huh. I already gave Yah loony ass what you wanted, which is to manipulate my ass and fuck me right. He deadpanned bluntly yet menacingly as well.

       "See, why do you have to go there, why do you make me out as the villain all the time.... She joked. If anything this is all your fault why do things get this way in the first place? She shrugged.

DeVante jerked his head up very quickly. Was this bitch smoking dick instead of sucking it? How so ?" you are the one blackmailing me. He pointed to himself incredulously. To be your fuck toy like I'm a product off the shelves at fucking.... ToysRUs is my fault.

        Lovita laughed at his words, not only was it a laugh but it was very evil sounding as well. Don't be such a nuisance victim, it doesn't work for you neither is it believable. She shrugged. If anything I'm the victim here.

      DeVante grimaced, Oh you are ?!"..... He deadpanned. He wanted so badly to smack her ass into the basket of fucking watermelons. Maybe that green heavy shit will do some damage to her brain cells. Because this bitch was insane talking about she the victim. Lovita made The Joker from Batman look like an immature ass saint sitting in church.

"Pst.... You knew I was in a relationship let alone married when we started sleeping together. She growled back, her voice laced with venom. You didn't care, you didn't care at all, you didn't care if you were betraying your boss. She explained that the more she yapped the more he turned his face in the other direction because he didn't need to be reminded of the fucked up situation he put himself in. Lovita grabbed his chin and forced him to look at her as if she was this demon using her visual perception as a dark portal of how he lived his life since moving to New York and being signed to Uptown Records. He didn't need to be reminded about his fucked up choices because it wasn't a day he didn't think about it, it wasn't a nightmarish night or a waking morning and afternoon he didn't see what he had gotten himself into with the childish ass women he chooses to mess around with.

     "And lastly you didn't care about your bandmates and what you put the—

"Fuck no !!.... DeVante firmly replied cutting her off. She crossed the line the moment she said bandmates. Regardless of his choices and the situation he found himself in he would never fuck up anything for his brothers in the world. He loved them and he was a proud ride or die when it came down to every last one of them. Even if they annoyed him casually and he had tough periods when he wanted to smack the shit out of them, nonetheless he loved them, he loved his label artists and he loved him—

"Don't front like I did that shit willingly Lovita. He pointed a long finger directly in her face. Y-you has been manipulating my ass since day one, you fucking fraud !.... you fabricated to me about this.... unhappy ass marriage you claimed you were in with Andre. He stated. Oh, I'm so unhappy De, he mocked her girlish manipulative voice. Oh.... he never pays me any attention, Oh.... he's so mean and verbally abusive with Yah lying ass. You knew what you were doing this whole time.

Lovita let out an evil trail of loud laughter hearing his words or more like crybaby cries like a month-old infant. The cackling malice despite his low scowl written all over on his face. It caused him to blink back a midge as his nerves escalated tremendously over the un remorsefulness seen in her eyes. DeVante could see how much enjoyment she was getting out of doing him like this.

         "Aww.... Pooh, bear... She cooed out to him yanking his cheek. Her laughter died down. Mommy did a number on you, didn't she? She replied as if she were talking to a five-year-old child. Dealing with her he honestly felt like one. You are so.... sexy when you get all sensitive or whatnot. She said closing the gap between them as her hands left his face and shoulders going below his belt where his manhood stood, the unannounced feeling triggered him in sensitivity by her touch alone as she groped him with her free hand in public. It felt... hell of the good he wasn't going to the front and deny it, through all the midst he forgot how much Lovita knew about his good spot matter or factly all of them, shit because she was the one who put a stamp on them in the first place. He gasped failing to hold it in any longer creating a smirk of satisfaction from her red lips.

         "Someone.... really really missed me. She sang in gratitude as if it were a song on a CD player knowing the effect she had on the two things she declared ownership of her property. I much as I missed them. You know I learned in science that... the hormones in your body never never.... lie. She said slowly purring in his ear with diligently whispers. Something about a chemical being released by a cell or a gland. I don't know some science shit like that. Tsk... I'm not Stephen Hawking so don't quote me or anything. She muttered very whimsical dragging her finger.

      He bit his bottom lip thinking about the last time he had some which was a while due to working on music projects as well as forcing himself to a much-needed break from these loony ass women he found himself entangled with all the time.

         "You have been dodging me and my phone calls. She paused for a moment. I... I missed you. She whispered leaning into his lips slowly. He could smell the expensive pink pepper perfume made by Chanel her favorite fragrance, she wore it when they first met at Uptown. DeVante knew this because at one point it was his favorite as well her wore it whenever they engaged in their sexual activities. You haven't forgotten our little.... deal have you now ?".... She questioned trailing kisses along his neck and chin.

         He shook his head, No, but I haven't been thinking about this... retard shitty ass agreement either. He said fighting the moans that wanted to splurge out of his mouth whenever she kept feeling him up.

"Oh, really.... as if anybody can do what I can. She stated very cockily as if she was above all. In which honestly she was.

"I have, I have women lined up wanting to get a taste of what you can't have anymore. He said with a hiss removing her hands away from him. And guess what else? He said into her ear. They don't have tired worn-out ass pussy either.

          Lovita laughed."Like who ?!"..... She inquired throwing her head back to cackle. That slut Kim Porter who works the desk ?".... Or.... the groupie ass girl group of sluts signed to your label. Because if s— Lovita immediately stopped her sentence midway as she stared deeply into his eyes observing the young man's expression. Uh-Uh, wait a minute... I'm sensing a newcomer. She teased as he kissed his teeth and looked away immediately. "Who is she ?" She inquired with a smirk.

       "Pst.... I don't know what you talking about.

          "Yeah you do, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Should I be pissed off screaming hysterically over someone taking my place. She replied playfully to him although he looked blank not sharing her sense of humor at the moment. Oh come on, spill the baked beans to me now. Who is the wanna-be princess trying to take the queen's place?

       Suddenly Lovita gasped as her eyes nearly popped out of their eye sockets. It's.... here isn't it ?".... It's little Laura Winslow back to the daycare pin Uh-again ?!".... Lovita mocked before going silent. You have feelings for her don't you boy ?" She questioned him maintaining her low annoyance of a voice.

        "No, get the fuck out of here with that bullshit !! "DeVante spluttered out in denial causing the woman to jump a twinge. What the fuck do I look like !!.... I don't have to admit shit to you anyway. Who are you, God, now ?!"... He said smartly. Get your non-Jesus ass away from me.

       "One sick individual. Lovita said with a raised eyebrow and a deep Cheshire Cat grin carved into her face as she leaned on the crate of semi-green ripped bananas sticking up at all angles with her elbow propped on the fake light brown wood and one on her jutted-out hip ready to be the judgmental whore she was born to be.

        "Well.... if it isn't the pot calling the tea kettle fucking black.

         "Oh come on, I never denied being an insane bitch, I don't. She shrugged jokily. At least I admit it, but... I have seen you two over by the dairy section, and you look like a fucking couple from my peripheral, but.... it was so darn cute watching this, this deep.... chemistry explodes between the two of you shopping for little groceries as if you were prepping for your new place together. Aww.... She cooed out. Aww.... so adorable. So... do you love her?

          DeVante squinted, narrowing his eyes low hearing her say what he thought she just splurged from her serpent tongue colored red lips. Not only was she watching and following him around but she was spying on Babygirl as well and that didn't sit right with him at all. He knew the type of conniving human being Lovita could be or is currently, although he was blinded by the true love he had for her all these years to see her true intentions, but... what were her intentions in following the teenager who didn't pose any type of threat to her. After all, this was his bundle of messed up ass shit he had gotten him into, not hers.

       "Shut up, don't ask me no shit like that.

        "Hmp.... fine I'll just go ask her myself then, I'm sure she's much more honest. I've been wanting to say hi to little Laura Winslow anyway. Lovita leaned forward into his ear. Maybe we can exchange dirty little stories about you. She sneered. Who knows if I'm phony enough she'll share all the deeds with me. Lovita mused brusquely in her malicious manner as she unlearned herself from the basket rack and began to walk away from him and in the direction of the store where Aaliyah was located.

          DeVante's eyes flushed with fear of depth as they glazed with anxiety but angry as he wetted his lips. Just the thought of Lovita standing a mere foot away from her caused a rage of anger as his nostrils flared with fire that was strong enough to give him the strength to choke her with his large bare hands around her puny neck. 

      "No, you won't !"..... DeVante said quickly, grabbing Lovita's arm aggressively and leading her away from the public's eye in case one may get the wrong idea and think he was hurting her which he honestly wanted to. He just wasn't about to go to jail for this lunatic as a human who would probably have a shrilling orgasm over making him miserable as hell.

       "Ow.... you hurting my arm. She wailed with a laugh through the immense pain of him practically digging his nails into her thick skin. He pulled her over to where the restrooms were, perfectly away from the shoppers who could witness. He slammed her against the wall and in reply, all she did was laugh in his face. I like when you touch me, I get turned on. She said very seductively like. DeVante couldn't but frown for a reaction. You want to make love to me in the restroom ?".... She said seriously. You can invite her too, you know you want to.

      "Listen slowly and carefully because I'm not going to repeat myself more than once. Stay away from her Lovita, I'm not joking. He said sternly with a low growl in her ear. Don't fucking talk to her, don't approach her, I don't even want you breathing the same goddamn air as her !"..... you fucking got me. Leave her the fuck.... alone.

        "Aww... look at that, she's so lucky to have a hunky protector. If only she knew the truth about you.

       "I'm not fucking kidding, He scolded. I can get crazy too, remember that shit. Stay the fuck away. He warned with his index finger, releasing his grip on her wrist before leaving her be. Once he let go, he hit the wall in frustration with his fist. Lovita cracked a malicious smirk, waving her manicured fresh velvet red finger back at him as he stomped away furiously.

      "Make sure you give Aaliyah a sweet kiss on the lips for me !!... She yelled out as he tried to make her voice inaudible in his ears. By the way can't wait to see you at Dalvin's party!!".... I can't wait!!.... She dauntingly said with a knowing smirk causing him to stop dead in his footsteps.

        It was as if he couldn't breathe all of a sudden over the declaration. He rolled his eyes, thinking about that bitch being in his house. The thought alone made him so sick to his stomach, as well as wanting to smother one of Hailey's boys for running their rabbit ass mouth, but he couldn't; after all, it wasn't as if they knew the fucked up situation he was in with this monster of a beast.

DeVante shook his head and rolled his eyes as the sound of her arrogant ass laughter sounded off the vibration of the stone walls and floors as the back of him kept going. The only thing on his mind at the moment was finding Aaliyah and getting the hell out of this store.

        He stomped through the aisles, making his way to the back of the store where the frozen and dairy products were located and where he last left her. But he didn't see her. She must have moved; he believed as he nervously paced over to different aisles, taking a quick peeking look. The less he couldn't find her, the more thoughts of his vivid images of Lovita spotting her before he could drench his brain in a heavy puddle of anxiety.

       Suddenly the shrill sounds of giggling could be heard, one he knew and could identify because it was contentment to his ears and aura. And it belonged to her; the closer he stomped to the beat of her angelic laughter, the more he could hear that she wasn't alone in the artery; it was someone with her as he listened to the distant conversion between the anonymous person. DeVante couldn't help, but panic as the thumping in his heart paced up rapidly as if pebbles were dropping into an empty swimming pool. Was he too late? Did Lovita already have her demonic, satanic clutches around the teen, brain-picking with it with a ton of lies made up about him?

         He couldn't think. He just knew he had to get to her, take her away, and protect her from the deep lion's den, ready to savage any meat-like substance it could devour.

          "Aww.... this is so cute. Aaliyah said and cooed out to a female employee standing in the pet aisle as the smell of strong stiff, dry cat food and litter flared inside his nostrils. Why was she even over here anyway? He thought as he practically slid over to her in a hefty prayer to God it wasn't Lovita there. Instead, it was Babygirl and... Nicole Wary, the young girl he met a few minutes ago and signed an autograph for on the other side of the store.

     Well.... this was awkward. To say the least. The two girls snickered as Aaliyah held up a white and red stripe dog shirt that reminded him of "Where's Waldo ?"  He would look so cute in this. She gushed to the teen, who smiled.

          "How many dogs do you have?" Nicole asked.

          "Zero. Aaliyah said sadly, poking her bottom lip out. But De has five Pitt oh and an iguana, but... I stay far away from her because she has too many teeth. She semi-whispered to Nicole, who giggled. That looks so.... scary and creepy.

"Five dogs, DeVante has five dogs. Nicole asked in shock.

       "Girl, yeah, she waved off nonchalantly. But they're my babies though and his too. I mean, he doesn't act like they are, she semi-whispered to her. You know how men are; they always have to be all macho and challenging all the time, but PST... I see right through him chile. One time I secretly saw him singing to one of the dogs and then he gave him a peck on the nose. It was so cute... She explained as both girls were awed in unison. He couldn't help but grin a bit hearing her say that.

"Anyway, they are so cute; it's like we're raising a family or something. She joked.

    "Girl, you're lucky; my moms won't let me have at least one period, all.... because my little brother's annoying ass is allergic or whatever. Nicole scoffed, rolling her eyes. Blah blah, his eye is going to turn red. She mimicked her mother's voice. Like who gives a damn? He is a damn dog anyway. Nicole replied, flipping away her long braids to her back.

Aaliyah laughed."Girl, I already know; I have a brother as well, and he's a dog too, except he's a poodle, though, because when his hair gets wet, mmm... such a tragedy I can't even finish chile. She said as the two erupted in laughter amongst each other in the aisle.

Although the exchange of the two teens caught him off guard, he couldn't help but sigh that everything was going swell. He still wanted to bounce, though. Because he didn't like the idea of being in the same store as Lovita, let alone in the same state. He got nauseous thinking about it, and at this point, his focus was only on baby girl and scooping her up so they could leave immediately. The farther away from that woman, the better his nerves and anxiety loosen up.

      The girls resumed their lively conversation until DeVante appeared clearing his throat and sliding his hands into the pockets of his hoodie. When Aaliyah saw him, her head jolted up, and her eyes lit up like street lamps on a dark street, and her smile quickly widened, seeing the producer's presence again.

     "Ah.... finally. There he goes. She kissed her teeth and replied to Nicole as if the two were keeping time of his absence presence on an imaginary watch. He walked over to them, and their full cart of food. Took you long enough, I almost went up to the supervisor's office and asked if they could call you over the speaker but.... I figured that'd be stupid considering your celebrity and all. She shrugged. I didn't want you to get mobbed.

     "My bad, I got lost. He said halfway fibbing since technically he did get lost and stupid as hell too.

       "It's cool, luckily I ran into Nikki though. Aaliyah responded putting an arm around her new friend's shoulders as if they hadn't met a minute ago. Hell, they were already on a nickname basis with each other. She said she ran into you earlier so she didn't have a problem taking a small break to help me look for you. On our way, we got distracted by the dog's stuff. But she's very generous, she is. Aaliyah smiled over to her in gratitude.

         "Tsk... Girl, no problem. Anytime. She shrugged. Anything's better than stacking cans all darn day, Chile. She waved off and the two snickered from the comment. But I should get back to work before my supervisor comes out and trips again. She rolled her eyes.

       "Okay, girl. Thanks again.

        "You too, we have each other number now so don't be a stranger alright? She said to her before departing down the aisle and getting back to work ASAP. Once she left, Aaliyah turned her attention back to DeVante who looked like he wanted to barf any minute. The sight alone made her worry as she glazed him in the eyes.

        "Nikki told me you spoke to her on the other side of the store and gave her words of encouragement with her music and an autograph. Aaliyah said with a smile. I um... I thought that was very nice of you.

       DeVante shrugged."Who cares, it was nothing. He said, deadpan. Now can we leave, please... He replied urgently as if he had an attitude of some sort.

         "Okay.... grumpy the mean dwarf from Snow White. Or in your case, a tall one. She chuckled raising an eyebrow. "Did you get the stuff at least ?"....

          DeVante sighed."Nah.... they're all out, we'd have to go to a different place, now let's bounce. Aaliyah tilted her head to the side arms draped together.

"Oh really ?" She inquired. As much as she went shopping with her mom, she never heard of any store running out of vegetables or fruit unless it was a sudden apocalypse of zombies attacking and folks quickly needed to rack up in a bomb shelter.

"Yeah. He said quickly and hastily grasping her hand in his and pulling her forward, it was sort of aggressive which was strange coming from him. He was never aggressive with her.

        "Wait, wait D-DeVante, ow you hurting my arm? And can you stop for a moment? Aaliyah said yanking her arm away. She paused for a moment. That's what's wrong with you ?"She asked glancing into his eyes, to her his eyes always told the truth even when he didn't.

       Aaliyah paused. "Hey did something happen?".... She inquired. DeVante kissed his teeth as he became irked with all the plastering she kept doing.

        "Can you stop asking me that, I just don't like fucking grocery stores !".... so can we bounce !!! He jeered with agitation which startled her by his tone.

        "Alright. She replied softly. She didn't want to quarrel so she went over to grab the grocery cart so they could leave since he was in such a rush. She couldn't understand why his mood took such a dive in over an hour.

        DeVante exhaled feeling guilty, he rubbed his temple with his thumb and dwindled on his rude behavior. After all, it wasn't her fault. It wasn't her fault at all.

        "Wait a minute. He replied taking ahold of her hand this time much gentler than before."I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to overreact and shit. I just... got scared or whatever.

        Aaliyah furrowed her eyebrows. "Why because I was talking to Nikki ?" She suddenly questioned.

             He ripped his eyes away from the shelves of dog food items and craned his neck and head to the side so that he could look at her more intimately. Which made him feel so much better, to him she made everything better just by looking into her deep pool of chestnut brown-colored eyes.

      "Come here. He motions her over with his finger. Look I can't always.... explain shit because I don't know how to correctly. He sighed.

        "Just spit it out, like you do everything else. She said jokingly with an eye roll. DeVante laughed at her words, allowing his finger to rub the inside of the palm of her hand. The feeling was soft and ticklish to her but it was nonetheless so nice. He pulled her closer to him which gave him ease as she stepped into his line of vision.

      "Nah, it's not that. I just can't go into details right now. J- Just promise me that you'll be mindful of the company you keep. It'll make me.... feel entirely at ease. Aaliyah raised a concerned eyebrow as well as an alarmed face. She didn't understand the issue of what he was asking of her, all of this because she was talking to Nikki, she's harmless not Michael Myers double. She knew De was paranoid at times but.... this was ridiculous, to say the least.

      "De, is this about Nicole ?" She inquired. Because if so that's crazy—

"Nah, no, no. I'm not thinking about her ass. He kissed his teeth and deadpanned. Aaliyah looked him up and down. That's not what I meant, relax. I like Nicole she's a sweetie pie. I'm just saying I can't always be around even when I want to. I-I just want you to watch your back when I'm not here, Okay.

       Aaliyah nodded, even if he sounded weird. Uh.... okay I guess.

       "Thank goodness, thank you. That's all I'm asking. Don't talk to strangers either. He added as they began to walk again.

         "What... if it's an Angel ?"

         "Huh ?"

         "Well, the Bible says to be kind to strangers because you never know if you're entertaining an Angel in disguise.

         "And so what, questioned their asses too and asked them to show you one of those.... big ass feather wings or some shit. In other words, you need collective evidence.

Aaliyah laughed. "You are so silly, you know that. Collective evidence. She snorted.

        "Shit I can't help it, it's my nature and why were you holding up that ugly ass Freddy Kruger looking ass sweater back there. You ain't gonna have my pups out here looking like they evading people's dreams and shit.

        "Uh-Uh, that sweater was cute. Besides, since I'm practically like their surrogate mother, that means I get to dress them however I want to. She mocked with a teased grin nudging him playfully in his side softly. DeVante squinted lowly over at her finding it extremely hard not to birth a Sunday morning smile.

      "Yeah, Aight. we're going to see about that. DeVante cackled out mockingly, and strutted his face closer to hers in a daring challenge, but... Baby girl didn't back down. Instead, she raised an eyebrow and threw a smirk in his direction.

       "I don't care, See it, take a picture, or draw one. She motioned and stuck her tongue out playfully. He shook his head and snorted lightly over her prideful gratitude. She always had to have the last say no matter what the situation was, which didn't bother him at all but was another amazing quality that made him intrigued by her.

      "C'mon, let's bounce before you get distracted by cat food next, and we'll never leave. DeVante teased a smile, returning to his once mean, aggravated, mugged face.

Aaliyah smiled at him and extended her hand out to him; he looked at it confused as if it were a foreign language."I don't bite; it's only a hand, not a grenade. She replied with a giggle.

DeVante kissed his teeth, throwing a slight smirk before gradually heaving his hand into her warm, soft one. "Now we can never lose each other. She said to him with a teasing smile. He never really held hands with a lady before because no one ever really asked him to, so being affectionate was a weird language to him, as odd as him writing love ballads for someone who hasn't experienced half of what he talks about.

She gave him one of her gorgeous smiles as they walked hand and hand to check out. The feeling to him was comfortable; I'm at home safe kind of feeling. So this was what that gushy mushy shit felt like; ironically, he used to make fun of couples exhibiting affection shit like this in public as a little homey. Now he understood why because.... it felt nice.

They finally got to the checkout counter. Aaliyah immediately started loading items on the conveyor belt; once everything was bagged, DeVante went into his pocket to fish his wallet out to retrieve his credit card. He was about to pay until the cashier stopped him.

"Your, fine sir, everything's taken care of. You're good to go.

DeVante's face frowned up in confusion."What are you talking about?" I just got up here. He inquired sternly to the man.

He shrugged."A nice-looking lady came up to the register counter and said she was your wife. She said you forgot your cash and card back at the house, and she wanted to return them to you ASAP on her way to work. She wanted to surprise you by just... paying for everything. She explained that it was your first time shopping with your guy's daughter and you needed all the help you could get.

"What?!..., DeVante replied heatedly. His anger is rapidly escalating, waiting to burst into hot flames as he clenched his jaw tightly. He had to calm down quickly, though, because he didn't want to make a scene, especially with Aaliyah standing centimeters away. Luckily she was too focused on reading a magazine on the rack.

This bitch is fucking crazy, He muttered to himself. And clearly can't fucking count. He couldn't decide who was more stupid, her or the damn cashier. If Aaliyah was his daughter, that meant he had her when he was seven in a half. Which makes Lovita a pedophile.

           Aaliyah looked up, setting the magazine back down on the rack. As usual, she could sense something was wrong again. "Hey, what's wrong ?"

"N-nothing. He assured. He wasn't about to tell her about Lovita because then questions would be asked, waiting for answers he couldn't explain even if they made sense. We're good to go; you ready ?"... He said, glancing her way, feeling the enormous lump in his throat as the same worries appeared on her face.

"Yes!..... grocery shopping is very much exhausting. She sighed. I don't get how my moms do this every week.

            He chuckled."Yeah.... that's why we have personal assistants to do this type of stuff. It's too time-consuming as fuck.....

           "Yeah, I know, but I'm not famous yet, so I want to be able to enjoy the freedom of doing simple things such as grocery shopping. She explained. You know, before... things get crazy and I need a million bodyguards around me like you. She snorted.

DeVante kissed his teeth."Tsk... I only got a few. And the majority is to keep the women away. He said in a non-adultant way. But I get what you are saying, though. Enjoy it while the shit lasts. He snorted. Because the shit will be a handful when it does comes.

"Yeah, that's why I'm so lucky to have you to teach me everything there is, and everything that's not. Aaliyah smiled, holding the bag close to her chest and walking ahead outside to the parking lot.

He followed behind her, grinning from ear to ear over the sudden compliment. However, the sudden wave of what happened back there crept back to haunt him like a dark spirit. Lovita was very skilled at having her way with whoever she targets and that made him fearful of how far she was willing to take it. How far was she willing to go to control the stakes of his life?

______________________________

*TBC

*VOTE/COMMENT

*Let me know what you all think about the current situation. I had to make this one long so be prepared to do some reading. Lol. It was a lot of important details that needed to be put in there and I got tired of splitting them up but the other chapters won't be.

*ENJOY and EXCUSED ERRORS AND MISTAKES.....

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

176K 6.2K 32
𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 𝟕͟𝟐͟𝟑͟ devanté swing © 𝙼𝙸𝙰 𝙶𝙾𝙻𝙳𝚂 ❝ what if everything you ever wanted, cost you everything you believed...
37.2K 2.7K 56
A zatima story 🫣
21.9K 1.4K 20
welcome valued customer, happy reading!
22.3K 1.3K 25
A Fatima Story