0.0.XLII

TO BE CONTINUED........

RECAP.....

She looked up and had the panic look still in her eyes. "One day? Are you kidding me? We only have one day to record this song. De you might be able to do that but I've never done this before and I'm not sure my voice is...

            Her words ended when he put his finger over her lips.

           "Shh...you can do this, baby girl. I know you can. Do you hear me? You... can... do... this.

             Suge voice sounded over to the two. Swing? Are we going to do this or not?"

The teen brought up her eyes and looked into his hazel ones that were only inches away from her own. His eyes were encouraging her to go through with this. They were almost pleading with her. They were also telling her that she really could do this if she put her mind to it. Most notably she could tell that he believed in her.

           Aaliyah took a deep breath to calm her nerves and nodded.

         "Ok, De. I'm ready to do this. But.... Does he have to stay?She looked over at Suge. Aaliyah wasn't sure she wanted another person in there with her while she did this.

DeVante couldn't help laughing at that."You're about to record a song that's going to be heard by HUNDREDS of people and you're worried about Suge Knight being in here?"

Aaliyah veered around her face white as snow and De put his hands on her shoulders to steady her."Don't lose it on me, you here. Now let's go show these Deathrow fools how we do it in SwingMob.

            "Time to make

            "Magic. Aaliyah finished the sentence. Together.

  ——————————————- CHAPTER ZERO-ZERO-FORTY-TWO  ———————————————

  ——————————————-
CHAPTER ZERO-ZERO-FORTY-TWO
———————————————

           "TIME TO HIT THE SIX-FOUR.....  And pump the bass at them just to let them know...... DeVante sang back to the teen as she read the white page filled with lyrics. He scribbled down a line to add to the first verse. He started from the beginning and read it to see how it worked with the previous lines. Not very well, so he scratched the unacceptable line out. That was the third line that he'd tried to end the first verse with, and so far no luck.

The two spent a few moments going over lyrics and warming Aaliyah's vocals before going into the booth. Okay now let me hear you. DeVante wavered glazed out at her. Aaliyah nodded.

          "TIME TO HIT THE SIX-FOUR.....

"That's it. Keep going for me.

"And pump the bass at them just to let them know. That I'm in the house so I think you'd better. Aaliyah hesitated. Crap! I keep forgetting. Said Aaliyah in frustration.