XXVIII

I just wanna be the one who serves you
Sometimes I feel as if I don't deserve you.....
I cherish every moment that we share......
And if I ever (ever fall) in love .... again (again)
I will be sure that the lady is a friend...

 again (again)I will be sure that the lady is a friend

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

             AALIYAH WALKED INTO the cafeteria for lunch and smiled as she saw her girls sitting down at their usual sitting spot over in the corner

AALIYAH WALKED INTO the cafeteria for lunch and smiled as she saw her girls sitting down at their usual sitting spot over in the corner. They have always sat there, it was their signature spot where all of their fun and most cherished memories as friends were filled. The table and even the massive size cafeteria held precious moments of her high school life. The long square table over in the far left corner was the first table the girls drifted to on the first day of freshman year when they were all nervous about starting high school for the first time.

The table where she had met her good friend Natasha Reed and invited her to have lunch with them on the girl's first day of school. She had sat at that table when Christopher Bennett first walked in and caught her brown eyes since then. She would watch him in admiration while he laughed and talked to his Basketball friends wishing she was a part of the conversation. Last but not least, this was the table where she excitedly announced the trip to New York to sing for DeVante.

   Nothing but fond remembrances .....

         The cafeteria had been buzzing with different cliques and tables as usual but maybe ten times worse since she came home from New York. The school had been as everything else had been chaotic. Everybody's been whispering in between classes and coming up to her every chance they get wanting to know why she was gone so long, and even a few crazy rumors have begun to spiral around the place to her chagrin.

          Jasmine had called her over but she decided to grab something from the snack bar to snack on. She wasn't starving for a huge lunch. Nevertheless, something small would be just fine. She paid for some hot chips and bottled apple juice before going over to her usual table.