0.0.XIX

CHAPTER ZERO-ZERO-NINETEEN

         THE SUN PEAKED through Aaliyah's curtains as she yawned tiredly from her position in her satin pillow-covered grey-colored bed. Nikki was on the other side of her sleeping sloppily converting her face to the other side where the wall was. Aaliyah chuckled at the sight. The teen had a laborious night last night and got completely wasted.  Aaliyah knew for a fact a hangover ensued when she regained consciousness. Nevertheless, as much as she loved Nikki's company and the simple fact that she had her back last night after only knowing each other for a week however sharing a bed with her was horrendous.

Aaliyah got up and saw Missy and Charlene's sleeping blankets on the floor however they weren't inside them, so she knew right on that they were up already. She went ahead and did her morning routine of scrubbing her face, brushing her teeth, and lastly fixing the dingy jumble she called hair on her head. Aaliyah came downstairs serenely in her movable joints refusing to allow anyone or anything to be the ruin of this new sunny day. Incline toward the Bible verse "old things are passed away; behold, all things become new however she didn't have to forget the old things that transpire.

             Aaliyah swiftly trotted through the kitchen as the smell of bacon, eggs, pancakes, and french toast became a friend to the nostrils of her nose. Her brown eyes traced the aroma over to the gentlewoman she had forgotten existed or maybe she didn't want them to due to the impoverished treatment she received from them last night. Aaliyah saw them laughing and galloping around like kids making breakfast. It seemed that Susan also snuck glances from the adjacent end of the island, her arms intersected over her chest standing by Radiah and Chonita laughing like school girls over a joke Rolita made. Aaliyah ignored them and pretended to be a ghost in their presence refusing to say anything to them.

She had nothing to say really.

         "Morning baby girl !" Susan countered while plopping pancakes on plates.  Aaliyah put forward an eyebrow wondering if she was greeting a wall behind her or plain delusional, maybe both. Susan giggled in reaction. TUH, Yes, I'm talking to you girl. Haven't your parents taught you the common courtesy to say good morning when it's announced to you ?" She deadpan causing the other to giggle in reply.

         "And haven't yours taught you not to lock children outside at nighttime?" Aaliyah deadpans nattily to Susan's chagrin showing the woman she can be just lethal with her comebacks. Last night proved it and she had no problem rehashing the limo lash out again. She was tired of people assuming that they could bully her around and she would merely shut up and take it. Radiah and Chonita laughed finding the catastrophe from last night funny. If a rewind button exists in life they would press it to catch the moment on the teen's face when she got locked out. She looked like a lost puppy in a park.