just another world

由 soupyshroom

I swear I died just a few minutes ago... so why am I still breathing? ---------------- Reincarnation fic of B... 更多

Prologue
~I~
~II~
~III~
~IV~
~V~
~VI~
~VII~
~VIII~
~IX~
~X~
~XI~
~XII~
~XIII~
~XIV~
~XV~
Lol
~XVI~
~XVII~
~XVIII~
~XIX~
~XX~
~XXI~
~XXII~
~XXIII~
the potential love interests interlude!
~XXIV~
~XXV~
~XXVI~
~XXVII~
The Mystery of Midoriya Hisashi
~XXVIII~
~XXIX~
~XXX~
yo!
~XXXI~
~XXXII~
~XXXIII~
~XXXIV~
~XXXV~
~XXXVI~
~XXXVII~
~XXXVIII~
~XXXIX~
hiatus
abandoned

nori's kind of normal life

755 52 10
由 soupyshroom

a/n

felt bad for being on hiatus so heres smthn i wrote

time in this chapter is vague so dont assume theyre all in the same day/week

still on hiatus

(in this chapter: domestic family time, ikunori being a stubborn bitch, todoroki family dinner, and sexual orientation talk)

"Nii-chan, you gotta fix things with Kacchan," Izuku whines. I hum, flicking my eyes over to him, before going back to my book. Pride and Prejudice. Even though it was a classic and from way back then, it wasn't that hard to find. Most literature from my previous life's time were considered antiques, so it was rare and difficult to find. I couldn't even find Demon Slayer volumes due to how old it was. This led to me being called 'retro' by my peers, since I was usually seen with some old merchandise. Even Eijirou mentioned my old tastes, and he was into a hero from All Might's prime – which in this day and age, is considered old. That's not to say I don't enjoy stuff from this time. There's some pretty good mangas from this decade that I'm into, and I even got Izuku roped into one of them.

"Nii-chan, did you hear me?" Izuku's sigh interrupts my thoughts, and I blink. I turn to him, and chuckle a little.

"Yeah, but why should I? He should apologise before I even consider talking to him," I murmur, and flip a page. Izuku cries out in agony.

"It's so awkward whenever our parents decide to have dinner... you know how Aunt Mitsuki gets. She thinks we should have weekly dinners with them because she doesn't want kaa-san to feel lonely with just us."

I hum, and trail my finger down the page as I read.

"And whenever we eat with them, it's so tense! Kaa-san and Aunt Mitsuki talk a lot just to ease the tension, and Uncle Masaru asks us about school repeatedly..."

"That's his fault, for being a dick."

"Nii-chan, you're part of the problem and you know it," Izuku states with a huff. I sigh and place my bookmark between the pages, snapping the book shut.

"Yes, I'm aware. It's wrong, I know," I grit out. Izuku blinks at my sudden giving in. "Doesn't mean I'm going to do anything about it."

"You are so stubborn!"

"We have that in common."

Izuku lets out another cry of frustration.

"It's also affecting everyone around you! Not just kaa-san and Aunt Mitsuki!"

I huff and look away.

"Everyone in class keeps giving you looks, you know."

"As if I care, Izu-chan," I mutter. Izuku sighs.

"There's no use talking to you, is there?"

I send him a sardonic smile. Izuku sighs again.

"And I can't even talk to Kacchan because I'm his 'rival' or something. Shouldn't of that've been you, or something?"

I shrug. Izuku stares at me for a little longer, before standing up.

"I'm gonna go get something to eat."

I hum, and open my book back up again.

Izuku sends me one last glance, before leaving the room.

——————

It's just the sound of knife on board, carrots being chopped for the curry. Inko stirs the pot idly, sending me glances here and there. What is it with Midoriyas and being so worried?

"Nori, is there something wrong?" Inko asks suddenly, voice worried. Her question cuts through the silence like a knife. I blink, and turn to her.

"Yeah, why?"

Inko bites her lip, and glances down at the chopping board.

"You're cutting thin air..."

My head snaps to the chopping board with wide eyes.

"HUH?!" I exclaim. Inko wrings her hands. "What the hell..."

"Ikunori, if you ever need to talk to someone..."

I choke.

"Huh?! Kaa-chan, I'm fine!"

Inko furrows her eyebrows, eyes going watery.

"It's just... you seem distant. And you're not as loud as you used to be..." Inko murmurs, and she glances off to the side. "Even Mitsuki is wondering if you're okay..."

I rub the back of my neck awkwardly. Even Mitsuki, huh...

"Come to think of it... Katsuki seems a little off too..." Inko ponders, and my head snaps up. Katsuki's the fucking reason why I'm like this. God, he's so frustrating. He ruins everything. Inko places her hand on my arm and my eyes meet hers.

"Did something happen between you and..." Inko trails off once she sees my clenched jaw.

"Nothing, kaa-san," I grit out. Inko frowns softly, before turning to stir the pot again. I rub at my temples, in order to contain my anger.

"You can go rest in your room if you want, Nori. I'll finish up," Inko says, and I blink.

"You sure?"

"Of course! I've been cooking meals on my own since I was fourteen; I think I can handle one night without my special helper," Inko giggles with a smile. I smile softly. Leave it to my mother to make me feel wholesome after such a stressful moment.

"Alright, if you're sure... thanks kaa-chan," I murmur. Inko smiles again and brushes a strand of hair behind my ear. "I'm gonna head to my room now."

"Okie dokie! I'll call you when dinner is done, okay?"

"Okay."

——————-

There's a knock at the door. Izuku peeks his head into the room and gives me a pleading look.

"Nii-chan, can you get it? I'm messaging Melissa-san right now and I don't want to miss this chance!"

I guffaw and nod my head.

"Yep, go get 'em tiger!"

Izuku frowns as a blush spreads across his face. Heh, he looks like a strawberry.

"Whatever, just get it."

"Yeah, yeah..."

I walk up to the door and look through the peephole. Oh, Aunt Mitsuki...

I open the door and am greeted with a hug.

"Oh, Iku-chan! I haven't seen you in ages!"

I choke, my face smushed against her boobs.

"Hi, Aunt Mitsuki!" I greet, my voice muffled. She pulls away and gives me a grin.

"Is your mother home?" She chirps. I blink and shake my head. "Eh?"

"Kaa-chan's getting last minute groceries..."

"At five in the afternoon?"

"Yeah, I guess?"

Mitsuki huffs and frowns.

"Alright... I'll come back later then..."

I smile awkwardly, my face flushed.

"Sorry..."

"Oh, all good, love. Just make sure you make me those sweet cookies again, kay?"

Mitsuki leans forward, her cleavage on show. My face erupts into a heated blush.

"Y-Yeah, sure!" I squeak. "I didn't know you liked them, though?"

"Did you really think Katsuki would eat sweets? He forces himself on that strict diet! Masaru doesn't have much of a sweet tooth either, so obviously I'm the one who eats those treats you make!"

Oh... I glance away. All this time I thought Katsuki ate them... he always said thank you the next day whenever we saw each other... turns out he's just relaying his mother's compliments...

My fists ball up. Mitsuki keeps chatting, though.

"And how well you make them! Oh, don't get me started on your cupcakes!" Mitsuki gushes. I smile, albeit reluctantly.

"It's no biggie..."

Mitsuki gives me a grin.

"You're so humble. I wish my brat was as good of a kid as you are."

I chuckle awkwardly. Mitsuki notices my discomfort after a while, and pats my shoulder.

"How's your brother?"

"He's good... he's met this girl, and won't stop talking about her..."

Mitsuki lets out a loud laugh.

"If only Katsuki had a girl to settle his nerves!"

Oh... a girl... Right, he's straight. Wait, as if I care.

"What about you, Iku-chan? Any girls or boys you're into?"

I flush red again, and look away.

A few faces come to mind... But one sticks out in particular. I gulp.

"I'll take that as a yes! Wanna tell me-"

"Eh? Mitsu-chan?" Inko's voice rings out. I sag my shoulders in relief. Thank kami-sama that Inko showed up. Saved by my mother. Mitsuki whirls around and squeals in delight and soon her attention is focused solely on my mother.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and I turn to see Izuku.

"Aunt Mitsuki's here?" He asks quietly.

"Yeah... we had a chat. Anyways, loverboy, how is Melissa Shield?"

Izuku hits the back of my head, sending me stumbling forward a little. I laugh and elbow him in the stomach and he keels over.

We both chuckle.

"Boys, hands to yourselves!" Inko exclaims.

Izuku promptly kicks me in the back, and I fall face forward.

"And your feet!" Inko shrieks and proceeds to scold Izuku, who has the decency to look ashamed.

Mitsuki lets out a shrill laugh and helps me up.

I smile at the scene, and thoughts of Katsuki escape my mind.

———————

"Nori, the Bakugous are coming over for dinner," Inko's wary voice calls out from the kitchen. I blink, looking up from my homework. Izuku, from in front of me, sneaks a glance, and I send him a pointed look. He frowns and goes back to reviewing his notes. I sigh and stand up, walking over to the kitchen.

"Hey, kaa-chan... can I sit this one out?" I ask quietly. Inko raises an eyebrow at my behaviour. This is probably the first time I've asked to not attend a dinner. "I've been invited to Todoroki-kun's house for dinner... since I'm a student of Endeavour's, you know..."

Inko's questioning expression melts into one of understanding.

"Of course, sweetheart. Just make sure you come home safely."

I send her a tight smile, itching to leave. The Bakugous would be here soon, after all, and I don't want to bump into Katsuki. If I do...

I might get fired up and do something that'll land me in court.

Izuku's at the doorway of my room, arms crossed and face pulled into a frustrated frown.

"Stop running away."

"Izu-chan, this is the first time I haven't attended dinner-"

"This isn't the first time you've tried to avoid Kacchan, though."

I huff. Why is he bothering?

"Did Todoroki-kun even invite you?"

"His sister did, actually. She said to drop by any time," I say with a grin. Izuku raises an eyebrow. "Fuyumi-chan is pretty cute, heh."

"Yeah, and way out of your league. Isn't she a teacher? That means she's older than you."

"And?"

"Gross, nii-chan."

I chuckle and shrug. Izuku sighs. Suddenly, his phone pings. Izuku perks up.

"Hm? What's this? Izu-chan seems excited..."

"Shut up, nii-chan."

"Melissa-chan?"

"Shut up!"

I guffaw and speedily make my exit.

Unfortunately, I stop laughing once I see who's in the dining room.

Masaru sends me a wave, while Mitsuki comes in for a hug.

"Oh? Nori? I thought you left already?" Inko asks, head tilting. I chuckle awkwardly.

"Yeah, I'm heading off now..."

Mitsuki lets out a confused noise.

"Why are you so dressed up for, Iku-chan?" Mitsuki asks. "Are you not joining us for dinner?"

"Ah, no Aunt Mitsuki... I've been invited out for dinner..."

"Oh? A boy? A girl?" Masaru asks, smile cheeky. I flush red. Even Masaru is teasing me! Katsuki seems to stiffen next to him, but I ignore him. "Oh! You blushed!"

"Uncle Masaru, stop teasing..."

Mitsuki laughs boisterously.

"Go on, Iku-chan! Have fun!"

I flush even darker and head out. Inko giggles at my embarrassment.

"He says he's going to eat with his mentor, but that might've been a cover up for the real thing!" Inko says, and I can hear her.

"A date! Good for him!" Mitsuki chirps.

"Yeah, whatever..." I hear Katsuki growl. I fight the urge to punch him.

Yeah, Katsuki, I can get a date (even though this isn't even a date). Why so surprised?

———————

Fuyumi ushers me in once she sees me at the doorstep, all smiles and airy giggles.

"It's so great that you decided to join us! I made cold soba, Shoto's favourite," Fuyumi says. Shoto sends me a nod, and I grin at him.

"Thanks for having me!" I chirp. Fuyumi shakes her head.

"No, thanks for coming over! Otou-san is still on patrol, so it's kind of lonely with just us two..."

I smile awkwardly as Fuyumi complains about her father.

"Nee-san, let's eat..." Shoto murmurs, sensing my discomfort, and Fuyumi concludes her rant. "How are you, Ikunori-san?"

"I'm all good! Just felt like stopping by!"

Shoto blinks, and nods. Fuyumi continues chatting, while Shoto and I enjoy the food she made.

"Woah, this is good!" I exclaim. Fuyumi flushes and glances off to the side in embarrassment.

"Th-thanks, but it's just a recipe I took from the internet..."

"Nee-san's cooking is always good. Her cold soba is the best," Shoto pipes up bluntly and Fuyumi flushes a darker shade of red. I grin, while Shoto casually slurps his noodles.

"W-well, let's just continue eating," Fuyumi stammers, and we all eat happily.

After we finish, I'm reluctant to go home.

"Ikunori-san, are you okay?" Shoto asks, watching as I wring my hands nervously. I jolt, and I glance to the side.

"Yeah... just... I don't really wanna go back home..."

Shoto blinks. Then he leaves, leaving me dumbfounded.

He comes back, but with a familiar pack of UNO cards. I blink, then my lips spread wide into a grin.

"You left this the last time you came over..." Shoto trails off. "Would you... like to play?"

"Hell yeah I do!"

"Ok..."

"Fuyumi-chan, wanna join?!"

"Yes, please!"

———————-

My stomach hurts from laughing so much. I finally beat Shoto at UNO!

Shoto blinks down at my empty hands, and the full stack of cards in his. Then, his lips twitch up slightly.

"You actually won..." Shoto says in disbelief. I snort.

"I'm not horrible at uno, Sho-chan! You're just really good!"

Fuyumi giggles, and sips idly at her hot chocolate. She had the great idea of making us some, and now we're drunk on sweet cocoa and the fun of playing with friends.

"Man, I'm tired... I think it's time for me to head off," I say, and both Todoroki siblings perk up.

"Wanna sleep over?" Fuyumi asks. "It's not like you haven't, and you don't have school!"

"Yeah! I'll message kaa-chan really quickly!"

I shoot off a message to Inko, who replies with a 'have fun!' and 'are you picking up stuff?'

"Sho-chan, wanna come to my place to pick up my stuff?"

He nods an affirmative, and we head off.

————————

The Bakugous are still there. Shoto glances at them curiously, but I briskly walk past them to my room.

"Sho-chan, my room's over here!" I chirp. Shoto nods and follows me.

"Half-and-half?" Katsuki growls. "What are you doing here?"

Shoto blinks, but turns to me. I send him a look.

"Ikunori-san is staying at my house tonight..." Shoto murmurs. Mitsuki lets out a squeal.

"Already? Iku-chan, you sly dog!" Mitsuki gushes, before turning to Shoto. "Did you have fun?"

Shoto tilts his head, before nodding with a slight smile. I gulp; they're gonna take this the wrong way. Mitsuki and Masaru turn to each other with a grin, while Inko looks on with a slight smile. Izuku raises an eyebrow, before shrugging. Katsuki... looks livid.

Not my problem.

Soon, I pick up my stuff and we leave. In the car, I turn to Shoto.

"Sho-chan, you know they think we're dating, right?" I ask, and Shoto chokes. He turns to me with slightly wide eyes.

"We're friends, though?" He mentions. I roll my eyes.

"Yes, but they don't know that..."

"Hm, I can't be bothered to correct them, though. Let them think..."

"Same..."

"What's your sexual orientation?" Shoto murmurs suddenly. I blink, and glance to the side. "It's okay if you're gay... I think Natsuo-nii is... Fuyumi-nee mentioned him having a boyfriend, but I haven't talked to him personally..."

I giggle a little.

"I'm bisexual, Sho-chan."

"Oh, yeah. Makes sense."

"You?"

"Straight? Asexual?"

"It's ok, you'll find out when the time comes."

"Okay," Shoto concedes, and I laugh. "What's funny?"

"You took this so calmly... I guess that's what I should expect from you..."

"Love is love? Isn't it?"

"It is, Sho-chan... it definitely is..."

————————

Fuyumi bursts out laughing when we tell her what happened.

"They thought you're dating?! You guys are more like brothers!"

I laugh with her, while Shoto tilts his head.

"I don't mind dating Ikunori-san, though," He states, and I blink. He turns to me. "You're not a bad person."

"Sho-chan, you should date someone who you really love. You know, in that way," I say gently. Shoto furrows his eyebrows, before looking at me again.

"Like, butterflies?"

"Yeah!"

"I haven't met someone like that, yet..." Shoto mutters, downcast.

"It's okay, not many people find the one so early in life," Fuyumi comforts. "What about you, Ikunori?"

"Hmm, yeah, I have... but they don't like me..."

"Bakugou?" Shoto asks, and I flush. "He seems to like you, though..."

"No."

"Oh..."

Fuyumi senses the tension, and asks us what movie we want to watch.

"Demon Slayer: Mugen Train!" I suggest.

"That's such an old movie..." Fuyumi mutters. "Would I be able to find it?"

I sulk.

"What about that new movie adapted from that manga you like, Ikunori-san?"

I perk up. Shoto knows me so well!

"Yeah!"

————————

Izu-chan: r u and Todoroki dating??

Me: no lol
Me: just friends

Izu-chan: Kacchan is wayy angry rn
Izu-chan: probs jellyyyyy

Me: bruh he doesn't even like me

Izu-chan: surree

[read]

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

48.4K 1K 80
You find yourself falling in love with someone unexpected, you only came to UA to become a hero. But now your heart is torn between two enemies, dra...
20.9K 593 22
DISCLAIMER! THIS IS THE OLD VERSION! CHECK OUT MY PROFILE FOR THE REWRITE THANK YOU :) _______________________________________________ She started ou...
1.4K 7 10
I'm Izumi Midoriya you may remember me from my first life when I wasn't a hero...It seems as though God had other plans for me which brings us here...
124K 4.4K 53
Being reincarnated was not on my to-do list. Even if it was into my favorite anime. Speaking to a random voice. Getting two wishes granted. Also not...