The one that got away || DM

By Fantasydreem

A Draco Malfoy love story. š•“š–‘š–”š–œ š–›š–šš–—š–“ Before you read, I left this piece of...trash behind, but you ca... More

Introduction
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
New character
038
039
040

028

53 1 0
By Fantasydreem

"You have to go," Liam says while shaking his head he was shoving his hands through his hair repeatedly.
"What's wrong?" I asked jumping out of bed running towards him but he backs away and kept shaking his head.

"Pack your things, let's go," He says again more urgent, I heard footsteps above my floor and hear creaking stairs coming down to the guest floor.

"Please tell me why," I say grabbing onto his arms he shook me off of him making me fall to the bedroom floor.

"What the hell are you doing here mate?" Draco says pushing Liam to the side then grabbing my hand to help me up.

"We have to go, now," Liam says he was acting mentally insane. Where did my brother go?

"Go find my mother," Draco says into my ear, I look at him but he looks at me sternly.

I run down the stairs to Narcissa and Mr. Malfoy's room and open the door, I click on the lights and they weren't there. I let out an exhausted sigh and run back up the stairs to see Draco holding back Liam,

"What the hell?" I yell and push away Draco, he gave me a look of confusion "They aren't here"

"What are we supposed to do about this?" Draco points a finger at Liam, his eyes were crazy and his hair messy.

"Liam, you have to calm the fuck down and tell me what's wrong" I turn to my brother who was on the ground.

"Things are about to change Jessa, it's not good" He shakes his head at me, I didn't take a good look at what he was wearing until now. His shirt was dirty and he was also wearing jeans that were ripped.

"Everything has already changed, Liam," I say quietly. I was scared for my brother and my whole family.

.

After Draco and I helped my brother we both sat on a couch in the parlor and let our heads fall to the backrest.
"How can this change more than it already has?" I ask with a sigh.
"I don't know Rivera" He sighs.

Two months later...

I walk down the stairs to the kitchen and walk through the entry to see Draco with his hands clasped under his chin.

It's the last month before school starts again and nothing has changed, Liam has been staying here with Draco and I at the Malfoy manor, this is the first night Liam has slept without screaming.

"Can't sleep either?" I ask than take a seat next to him, it was one in the morning and I recently noticed we both haven't slept since.

"Guess not" Draco chuckles lowly as he shifts his position in his chair, "Your brother is finally sleeping" He continues,

"Yeah, finally" I sigh,

"Have you gone anywhere yet?" Draco asks. He's been gone almost every day, usually with Parkinson.

"Just shopping around London, I guess" I shrug, I don't want to go to Diagonally, I've tried believe me.

"Nia and Theo have been asking about you" Draco sighs turning his attention to me.

"I don't want them to worry about me, that's all," I say lightly, trying to pass this conversation,
"How's Pansy?" I continue.

"I broke up with her, she wouldn't leave me alone" He scoffed and looked back out the window.

"Ah," I say, tucking a strand behind my ear awkwardly. Why did I ask a stupid question like that? We aren't children anymore.

"Do you still think about him?" Draco asked, I could tell he was tired and when he's tired he gets serious.

"Yes," I mutter. I guess asking questions is better than insults in my book.
"Where do you think the parents go?" I continue, changing the topic to him again.

"Don't ask me" He says as if he thought I knew.
"Why aren't you living in your own house?" He pushed, I took a moment to think but stopped trying.

"I'm too tired to think, Draco" I sigh lifting a hand to my forehead to numb the ache.
"Just think about it Rivera," He says and gets up from his seat pushing a hand through his hair.

He leaves me in my train of thought, is this what's keeping him up at night?

I sit in the same chair until sunrise then make coffee for Liam and Draco.
I could smell the coffee beans in the machine and close my eyes, I think of what it used to be like in this house when Draco and I were younger.

Jessamine's flashback

The smell of coffee filled her nose on her way down the stairs to the kitchen. Jessamine finally woke up from staying up past midnight.

"Good morning dear," Narcissa says kindly and hands her a plate of freshly made pancakes.

End of Flashback...

"Good morning sister," Liam says and hugs me from behind. He has gotten his sanity back- kind of, but he's been helping me sleep for longer than an hour.

"Good morning has Draco woken up yet?" While handing him a mug of coffee.
"You've been asking a lot about him" Liam chuckles as I shake my head.

"Asking a lot about who?" Draco enters the room rubbing his eye with his fist.

"No one," I say quickly while Liam chuckles lowly.
"Do you want coffee?" I ask Draco while taking a sip on my coffee.

"Sure," Draco says groggily and takes a seat at the small round table in the kitchen.

After handing Draco a coffee I take a seat by Liam.
Draco was sitting in front of me while Liam was to the left of me.

"I want to go to the Manor," I say abruptly. Liam went stiff, I could see his eyes turning a different color as he got angry. "Nevermind," I sigh before he got angrier.

"You aren't going home" He cringed as he said 'home' since it felt like it wasn't home anymore, then he left the kitchen.
I still wanted to go, I will figure it out later.

"When do you want to leave?" Draco says with a hint of mischievousness in his voice, I was surprised he wanted to go even though it may be dangerous.

"Really? Are you serious?" I ask slightly squinting my eyes to see if he was lying, Draco nods slowly as if he was second-guessing himself.

"Do you have a plan?" He asks as I shake my head,

"Not yet," I say with a hint of worry.

I get up from my seat and bring the plates to the sink, I wash the dishes not even thinking to use soap, I was in a trance. I still had to think of a plan.

I walk up the stairs to the guest floor and walk into my room. A lightbulb flashed in my brain as I thought of a plan. It wasn't great but it was enough to get past Liam and get into the house.

I slip on my clothes and rush up the stairs to Draco's room. "You have a plan?" Draco asks from the couch in his room.

"Yes," I say lowly, this was a stupid plan.

"Okay, and," He says waiting for my plan.

"This is stupid but here it goes... first we tell Liam we are going on a date and we'll be back tomorrow morning, to give us more time. Then we get on the train that leaves to the manor in an hour then we use my-"

"A date, wow Rivera never thought in a million-"

"Shut up, anyways so we get on the train and get to the manor, I don't want to use magic because it may bring attention to us then we use my brother's window to get into the house because he always leaves it open" I sigh, that was a lot to say.

"Well, why are you wearing that if we're going on a date?" Draco says while smirking, I was wearing a t-shirt and jeans.

"I'm not going to wear a dress," I say while rolling my eyes and crossing my arms.

"Well you can't look like that" He sneers while waving his hand at me.

"Fine, I will look better for you" I scoff and leave the room.

I put on red lipstick and tie my hair up into a bun then go back up the stairs to Draco's room, he was wearing a black turtle neck and grey dress pants with shiny black shoes.

"You can't possibly wear that" I sigh looking him up and down.

"Well it's better than what you're wearing" He smirks while walking towards me then out the door, I follow him down the stairs to see Liam in the kitchen.

"We will be gone for a while," I say taking a step in front of Draco
"Where?" Liam says while looking at us suspiciously.

"We're going on a date, we'll be back tomorrow morning," Draco says while sliding his arm behind my back and holding onto my hip to drag me closer to him.

"Ah, I see" Liam smirks at me, I look down at my feet as Draco pulls me over to the entryway out of sight. I pull away from Draco as soon as we reached the other room.

"Don't do that" I whisper while putting on my shoes.
"Awe did I scare you, Rivera?" Draco mutters slowly into my ear.

"Just shut up," I say and open the door, the air was hot and sticky, I was glad I wasn't dressed like Draco...

..

We get to kings cross and it made me think of Hogwarts and how different things will be this year.

We both get to our compartment and take our seats it was small in here and I didn't like it. "Don't close that door" I sigh closing my eyes and putting my head in my hands.

"Claustrophobic?" Draco asks while I nod.
"Ah" He continues while tapping his chin with his pointer finger.

"Just distract me" I sigh while pressing my fingers into my forehead.

"What is your ideal date?" He chuckles, We used to ask these kinds of questions when we younger.

"A picnic on the beach, I don't think my answer has ever changed" I give a small smile under my hands

"I don't think mine has either, fancy restaurant" He also gives a small smile, I look up from my hands and he was staring at me with this weird look in his eyes.

"What?" I ask as a slight blush creeps upon my cheeks.

"What would we do if we were on a real date?" He places his elbows on the table and rests his head on his hands.

"I don't know," I say starting to breathe unsteadily, I was frozen in my seat. I could feel his hot breath on my face making me shiver.

"I think I would take you to a fancy restaurant," He chuckles,

"Ah, and I would ditch you for a picnic on the beach" I smirk while he scoffs,
"As if"

He leaned in closer lips almost touching when the train stopped knocking our heads together. "Ow," We both chuckle with our palms on our foreheads, I guess this is what moving on looks like.

"Round two another time?" I ask while he nods, still rubbing his forehead.

We get up from our seats and get off the train.

..

We get to the Manor and I freeze, should I have come here?

"Come on, we can't let anyone see us" Draco hurries me and grabs my hand, we run to the fence where the flowers are usually planted but now a perfect ladder to Liam's window.

"Ladies first" Draco smirks as I scoff, I felt like I was a spy for some movie even though I was sneaking into my own house...

I open the window without a thought, I roll my eyes at the stupidity of Liam.

The room was trashed, posters ripped, pillow feathers everywhere, and picture frames smashed. It was almost like someone was looking for something important... But what?

"Just keep walking" Draco mutters noticing my worry.

We walk out of the bedroom and down the dark hallway towards the grand staircase,

"I'm getting closer to her, she's strong but she can't defeat me" A voice that I've had nightmares about for too long, it takes the air out of my lungs. Voldemort
"She doesn't know it yet, but she will become one of us" He laughs sinisterly.

I creep down the stairs and press myself against the wall right next to the dining room where I hear the voice. "We need to leave, Rivera" Draco whispers in my ear as he was right next to me, he still calls me Rivera as if nothing changed.

"If she is to refuse, well" Voldemort laughs as Draco pulls me up the stairs, there were footsteps suddenly.
They were coming towards us.

...

he he, sorry not sorry :) Luv u all <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.5K 2.3K 79
"I used to think you were just a bully. But I'm coming to realize you're merely misunderstood." (ch. 27) Ever since he introduced himself by demandin...
45.6K 1.1K 48
We had made our own ending. - A Cedric Diggory love story. A Draco Malfoy best-friendship. Warning! This story lightly covers some mature topics suc...
602K 7.1K 68
Draco Malfoy love story. Friendship, smut, love, hate, trauma, broken hearts. MATURE CONTENT! 15+ ~ "You make me feel like I'm stuck, Emelia! Like I'...
7K 171 28
"But all those things you said to me." "It was all just a mask Hermione," I told her, "I had to say those things. I had to, because..." I thought abo...