๐“๐ซ๐š๐ง๐ฌ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ | A. P...

Od a_raconteur

Harry Potter x BBC Merlin crossover ----- In which Arthur is the fool in love and Elizabeth is the oblivious... Vรญce

Summary
Characters
Aesthetics
Playlist
Chapter 1 - I'm Packing Up My Crayons and Leaving
Chapter 2 - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Wizarding World
Chapter 3 - Richer than Scrooge McDuck
Chapter 4 - So Back to the Future is a Bunch of Bullshit?
Chapter 5 - Cross Your Fingers, I'm Gonna Need It
Chapter 6 - You Had One Job
Chapter 7 - Goldilocks and the Three Bears
Part 1
Chapter 8 - Apparently the Obvious Isn't That Obvious
Chapter 9 - Unoriginal Insults
Chapter 10 - Vampire Teabags
Chapter 11 - Equestrian Class
Chapter 12 - The Avengers
Chapter 13 - Young Padawan
Chapter 14 - Therapy Session No. 1
Chapter 15 - Therapy Session No. 2
Chapter 16 - The Original Great British Bake Off
Chapter 17 - Josh Groban is Completely Underrated
Chapter 18 - A Unicorn Named Bob
Chapter 20 - Ip Woman vs. Arsehat
Part 2
Chapter 21 - I Made Uther Laugh
Chapter 22 - More Young Padawans
Chapter 23 - Oopsie
Chapter 24 - Error: Friends Not Found
Chapter 25 - I Am Not In Denial!
Chapter 26 - I Know, I'm Weird; It's Great
Chapter 27 - I Know, I'm Weird; It's Wonderful
Chapter 28 - Hello! I Hate You!
Chapter 29 - Gandalf = Dumbledore
Chapter 30 - Goldilocks Ate Too Much Porridge
Chapter 31 - Happily Never After
Chapter 32 - I Hate Geckos. I Truly Do.
Chapter 33 - Destiny is a Fickle Thing
Chapter 34 - Army of Padawans

Chapter 19 - The Avenger's Map

2.6K 87 31
Od a_raconteur

To Kill the King

| | |

"Soooooo, I wanna make something."

He sighs and looks at me, "What?"

"I want to make my own Marauder's Map," I say with a large smile as I sit criss crossed applesauce on my bed, facing my roommate.

"What's that?"

"A map that can track the movements of anybody at Hogwarts, except, this one will be for the castle in Camelot."

"Okaaaaaaay. How do you want me to help you?"

"No no no no, I don't want your help-"

"Great."

"-I want to help you make it."

He sighs again, "You know we could possibly die if caught, right?"

"Yeah, but where's life without a little adventure?"

"You think possibly dying is an adventure?"

"Yes."

He sighs yet again, "Fine."

"YAY!"

"What do I need to do?"

"So the charm itself is quite hard and I don't know if I can do it, so I'm having you create it. Here," I pass him a large piece of parchment, "We're going to use this as the base of the map and use what's called the Homonculous Charm which basically tracks the movements of everyone, where they are, what they're doing, every minute of every day."

"Brilliant!"

"I know right, I got the idea from the Marauder's Map. My Granddad was a cool person. I mean, all the Marauder's were," I say with a grin. My grin falls and I pull a disgusted face at my next thought, "Except Peter, he can go fuck himself."

"Who is he?"

"Dick, traitor, arsehole, bit-"

"Okay okay okay okay, I get it."

"Yeah."

"So...map."

"Map."

We just stare at each other. An unofficial contest has just been initiated.

We continue staring at each other. Merlin's eye starts to twitch and I force myself to not close mine.

"Oi!" Gaius exclaims, barging into our room. Merlin blinks.

"Yes! I win! Suck it!" I laugh, pointing at the warlock.

Gaius just rolls his eyes at us and turns around, grumbling something under his breath.

| | |

In the lower town, specifically in Tom the blacksmith's workshop, powerful magic is being conducted. Powerful enough to wake Merlin up, who then proceeds to wake me up as well.

I Gibb's head slap him for waking me up and follow him out into the physician chambers where we see Gaius working.

"Gaius," The raven haired roommate murmurs.

"Can't sleep?" The white haired man questions, seeing a disheveled warlock and pissed off, grumpy witch. I have an angry expression etched on my face and a blanket wrapped around me.

"Something woke me."

"Someone woke me," I mutter, glaring at the sorcerer.

"What?" The old man asks.

"I don't know. A feeling." Merl answers.

"What kind of feeling?"

"Powerful magic, here, in Camelot."

The door opens, revealing a Guinevere rushing in.

"Gwen?" I furrow my brows, still very much sleepy, "What's up?"

"My Father's been arrested," She says in a hurry.

"Arrested? For what?" I question, wrapping my arms and blanket around the shaken girl.

"They say he was making weapons for a sorcerer! They're charging him with treason!"

"No, I know your Dad Gwen, he won't do that. Knowingly at least," I defend.

We all head down to the dungeons to see Gwen's Father behind bars. They have a conversation about happiness I think.

'Gwen is awesome,' I think.

She walks over to our little group, consisting of Gaius, Merlin and I.

"What did he say?" Merlin asks.

"He said Tauren came to him at the forge, offered to pay him a fortune for his help, not to make weapons, for an experiment or something," She informs us, playing with her fingers.

"Experiment?" I clarify, creasing my brows.

"Tauren didn't say," Gwen says as she shakes her head, "But he used some kind of stone-- some kind of magic--" Gaius, Merlin and I all share glances at this new found information.

"Thanks for telling us, Gwen. Let's walk back to our room," I offer. I wrap my arms around her shoulders with my blanket covering us both. I lead her up where I help her down on my bed, covering her with a blanket. Not the one wrapped around me, but another one that I have. Big difference. I love Gwen, but not enough to give up my blanket.

I walk down from our room to where Gaius and Merlin are waiting for me, "She's sleeping."

"I don't understand it. Wat would a sorcerer want from Tom?" The raven haired warlock inquires.

"His forge, Merlin. It's the finest in the kingdom," Gaius reminds him.

"You think Tom was lying? You think he really was making weapons?"

"No, I don't," The old man says confidently.

"Then what?" I ask.

A few tense moments pass before Gaius finally answers, "When Tom was arrested, they found gold on him."

"So?" I say.

"And from what Gwen was saying, Tauren's experiment bears all the hallmarks of alchemy?"

"But alchemy's impossible, isn't it?" Merlin trails off.

"It's not. To change one thing into another is impossible. But with the use of magic...well, then it becomes possible," I answer with a shrug of my shoulders.

"Do you think that's what woke me?"

"Yes."

"It is possible, I suppose," Gaius replies.

The morning comes faster then expected, I guess that's what happens when you barely get any sleep from a certain all powerful warlock, constantly waking you up. Like he just did when he nudged me with his foot as he sensed the power from the stone.

The door to our room creaks open as Morgana enters, "Liz. Merlin."

Merlin stands up to greet her as I just give a lazy wave to her. "Morgana."

"How is she?" She questions, looking over her maidservant

"She's doing okay," Merlin assures her.

"We should let her rest," Morgana says after sharing a look between us.

"Yeah, let's go," I say, pulling my blanket around me even more.

"Morgana, have you spoken to Uther? He must realize this is a mistake. Whatever Tom was doing, it wasn't plotting against the King," The raven haired servant asks.

"I know that. Of course I do, but Uther-- Uther only sees enemies," She tells him sadly.

"But Tom's the most gentle soul I've ever met, besides Gwen," I argue, Merlin nodding his head in agreement.

"But he was seen with Tauren, and that makes him an enemy," She shakes her head and turns to leave.

"Then-" Merlin calls out from besides me, stopping the ward in her tracks, "there's little hope?"

"There's no hope, Merlin. None at all."

Morgana goes to the Crown Prince's chambers to find the key to the dungeons and she goes down there to see Gwen's father. She gives him a little motivational speech and then subtly gives the key to him.

Merlin dragged me out to go do his duties. I honestly don't know why I have to come with, I mean I'm not gonna help him clean his chambers or anything, and Merlin better not have me help him muck out the horse stables with him.

In the castle courtyard, the executioner and some guards escort some men into the square. We all stand off to the side, watching them pass by.

"They're going to be executed?" Merlin asks, bewildered at the notion.

"Yes, Merlin," Goldilocks replies, arms folded across his chest.

Merlin looks at him, "Bu order of the King?"

"They committed a serious crime."

"Giving a man a bed for the night?!"

"Not a man; a sorcerer."

"Is that so bad?" I question for the first time.

He turns to look at us and Merlin involuntarily takes a step back as I meet the royal's glare, "It is not for you to question my Father's actions. Is that understood?" He snaps.

"Yes, Sire," My roommate mutters.

"Now go get on with whatever you're meant to be doing," The blonde waves him off, watching the figure of the warlock walk off. He turns to face me, "What about you?"

"It is my place to question your Father's actions when they're wrong," I state, now slightly glaring at him.

"He was caught with a sorcerer."

"Maybe he didn't know that."

"You have no right," He retorts back, pointing a finger in my direction. His eyes burning with fury.

I match his glare with my own as I look at his blue eyes now on fire, "If this is how you plan to rule when you're King, then I fear for the future of Camelot."

| | |

During the night, Tom th blacksmith tried to escape the dungeons using the key he got from Uther's ward. He got out until some guards cornered him and ran him through.

When Gwen found out she was completely distraught, her sobs echoing through her house as she cried into my shoulder. There's nothing I can do to take the pain away as I don't know what it's like to loose a parent. All I can do now is just hold her and whisper comforting words that will probably have little to no effect on her.

We leave he house and walk through the lower town where we see her father's body being carried off by a couple of guards in a cart. "NOOOOOOOO!!" Her wails echo off the walls of the walls, "No, Father!! No, Father!"

I hug her as she watches her leave the courtyard. She turns to me and hugs me as I rub her back soothingly and just hold her.

Morgana watches the scene from her window and goes to confront the man that is the King. She barges into his chambers and starts saying things Uther doesn't like. Eventually having enough, he has the guards drag her to the dungeons and shackles her to the wall with chains. He said he'll release her when she has 'learned her lesson'.

In Merlin and I's room, Gwen just stares off into the wall with her eyes bloodshot, and cheeks with dried tear streams. Merlin enters the room, "All right?" He questions.

"I just don't understand," She breathes out, "Why did he try to escape? His trial was this morning?"

Before either Merlin and I could enter, someone knocks on the door. The Crown Prince enters the room. Gwen stands up quickly to face him.

"Sire," She says, wondering what would happen to her.

"Guinevere, I...want you to know that your job is safe. And that your home is yours for life. I guarantee you that. I know that under the circumstances it's not much but, erm, anything you want, anything you need, all you have to do is ask," He says softly, looking at her with the occasional glance to me. I have a small smile on my face as I watch him. He begins to leave but paused to turn around, "I'm sorry." His apology directed to Gwen, but a little towards me.

"Thank you, Sire," She says before collapsing into me. I give a little nod and smile to Arthur for his actions. He nods back before leaving the room.

Later that night I walk Gwen home through the town as it's dark and the sorcerer is still on the hunt. Guess I made the right choice to be with her.

A man steps out the shadows, covering Gwen's mouth with his hand. She struggles and I hear her struggling and turn to see a man holding her.

"I want the stone! Where is it?" Tauren whispers into her ear.

She shakes her head, "I don't know what you're talking about. I don't know anything about--" She says before her mouth gets covered again.

"Now you listen to me, in two day's time, I'll be in the Darkling Woods at dawn. You find the stone, you bring it to me, or you will die. Now, do I make myself clear?" He growls.

She nods quickly with a small 'Mm-hmm' coming from her muffled voice.

I go up and grab the hand covering my friend's mouth and bends in a way it normally wouldn't bend. The man groans in pain as I twist his arm behind his back, right between the shoulder blades. I press him up against the wall of Gwen's house, "Touch her again and I will not hesitate to kill you." I hiss in his ear. I give a small twist in his wrist where I can hear some of the bones break. He grunts in pain, "Leave." I state, letting him go.

He rushes off into the darkness, but not before I kick him where the sun doesn't shine.

After I make sure he is gone, I turn towards the shaken girl, "Are you all right? He didn't hurt you, did he?" I scan over her face to see no scratches.

She shakes her head at my questions, "I'm just frightened."

"What did her say to you?" I ask her softly.

"Nothing."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive. Do you mind staying with me tonight?"

I shake my head and give her a soft smile, "No, of course not."

She leads me into her house. It's a quaint space with a wooden table in the middle with a small bouquet of wildflowers in a glass. The kitchen is overflowing with different pots and pans. There's a small bed pushed up against the wall in the back with a wooden screen dividing the space. "There's only one bed so I'll-"

I cut her off, "Nonsense. This is your home, you get your bed. The floor will be perfectly fine."

"Are you sure? It's perfectly fi-"

"Gwen!" I call out, stopping her rambling mid sentence. I give her a grateful smile, "Gwen, I'll be perfectly fine. Worst comes to worst, I sleep on the bags of grain in the corner." I point to the bags. She smiles at me and goes to get ready to sleep. "You have a beautiful home, Gwen." I say after a few moments of silence.

"Thank you, Liz," She replies, giving me a small smile as I sit on the bench at the table.

"I truly am sorry. I can't fathom what you must going through right now."

"Thank you, Liz. It was really kind of Arthur to give me the house," She muses, looking around her home.

"Yeah, it really was. Just imagine what's he going to be like as a boyfriend," I smirk at my knowledge of the future.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, if he did this as a friend, imagine what he could do as boyfriend," My smirk turns into a grin when she blushes.

"Oh hush," She playfully scolds, tossing a pillow at me. I laugh at her red tinted face. A couple more minutes later hen she settles down on her bed. She turns to me, "Thank you, Liz."

"What for?" I ask with furrowed brows.

"For being a great friend."

"I'll always be here, for as long as I live," I promise with a small smile. She returns the gesture, "Good night, Guinevere."

"Good night, Elizabeth."

| | |

The following morning after I split off from Gwen as we arrive at the castle, I walk through the court physician chamber doors, ready for the day's work ahead.

"Elizabeth, come take a look. I've been doing some research and found this," Gaius calls out.

I walk over to where he sits to see a book turned to a page, "The Mage Stone? That's a horrible name."

Gaius nods, "Wonder of the ancients. Lost for a thousand years or more."

"What does it do?" Merlin questions, stepping out of our room.

"Theoretically, it could give the bearer the power of transformation."

"Gold. The power of alchemy."

"Exactly, I believe it was the Mage Stone you sensed on the night of Tom's arrest."

"Of course! Gwen said that Tauren had some kind of stone," I realize.

The Crown Prince goes down to the dungeons to release Morgana. He also warns the woman about talking back to the King. She goes up to her chambers to see Gwen waiting patiently for her. The maid looks at her mistress, clothes and face covered in dirt and red burns on her wrists. Gwen explains that Tauren is waiting for a stone to be returned to him.

Morgana realizes that the stone she found is the same stone that Tauren is looking for.

That night, Merlin wakes up again, sensing the power of the Mage Stone. He goes to shake me awake and instructs me to grabs my dagger and wand. I Gibb's head slap him before doing as told. I also decide my Dad's invisibility cloak that I nicked from him a couple years ago during summer. So far, he hasn't found it; that man is completely oblivious.

I drape the cloak over Merlin and I as we follow a cloaked figure out of Camelot. He can sense the power from the horribly named stone coming off from the unknown figure.

We follow the person through the woods into, what Merlin tells me, the Darkling Woods. At least that name is pretty good.

"Stop breathing so heavy," I scold at my roommate as he still continues breaking heavily while he glares at me.

We stop besides a tree to see Morgana surrounded by bandits with swords. Tauren steps in front, "Where's your maid?" He asks, not so politely, I might add.

"I've come in her place," Morgana replies, not a drop of fear in her voice.

"Kill her," He orders.

"No wait! I brought the stone," She says in a hurry, reaching into her bad as the men lifted their swords, ready to strike.

"What else have you brought, My Lady? The Knights of Camelot?"

"I came alone, I promise you."

'No she didn't,' I think to myself, 'Well, she doesn't know that she isn't.'

"Give me the stone," He says. She hands the Mage Stone to him and takes the bag in the hands and walks away from her, "You were foolish to come here. I had no quarrel with your maid. But you, My Lady Morgana, you are Uther's ward." He says, pulling out his word and aiming it at her stomach.

"If you kill me, you'll regret it," She states.

"Why is that?"

"Because I want Uther dead, too," She deadpans. Under the cloak, Merlin and I's widen at her words.

"You? An enemy of the King? And I'm to believe that?" Tauren asks with disbelief.

"Why else would I be here?"

"I can only guess at your motives, My Lady. You could be a spy, for all I know."

"And this--" She slips her sleeves back, revealing where the metal shackles were on her wrists. "Is it usual for Uther to chain his friends to a dungeon wall?"

I can't help but feel bad for her. She's the King's ward and he just shackles her up when she has an opinion. I don't like Uther Pendragon. He is a bad bad man.

The two just stare at each other for a moment before Tauren lowers his sword. "The stone. You took it to the forge. Why?" Morgana asks.

"With it a man can alter the very essence of things. He can turn a lump of lead into gold."

"Gold?" She scoffs, "A good man died for your quest for riches, Tauren. His daughter is now an orphan."

"I'm sorry for that, truly. But we did not want gold to line our pockets. The gold was but a means, a means to rid this kingdom of Uther Pendragon once and for all," He informs the ward.

"What are you saying?"

"Bribery is rife at Camelot. I will use the corruption at the heart of his kingdom, and such abundance of gold will but me into the King's chambers, even to the King himself."

"The guards may be fooled, Tauren, but the King is not," She says, shaking her head.

"Do you have a better plan?" He questions, sheathing his sword.

"To get to Uther, you need someone close to him."

"And do you know of such a person?"

"I do...Me."

Under the Invisibility Cloak, Merlin gasps silently while my jaw just drops.

Merlin and I silently walk back to Camelot, both of us mulling over what Morgana has just said. We make it back to the court physician chambers where Gaius sits at the table, waiting for us to eat breakfast with him.

"Pass the salt, please," The white haired man asks.

Without even looking up from his food, Merlin passes something. Not the salt, but the apple.

Gaius looks at the apple in his hand then glances up at us, "You all right?"

"What?" Merl and I say in unison, finally looking up. "Yeah, we've just a few things on our mind, that's all," I mumble.

"Anything you'd like to talk to me about?" He inquires, setting the apple down on the table.

"I can't imagine you'd be interested," Merlin replies.

"So long as you're sure," The old man says.

"I should be getting to work," Merlin stands up and headed to the door behind him.

"Merl?" I call out, making the warlock stop and turn, "That's a broom cupboard." I sigh as I get up to follow Merlin

"Where are you going?" Gaius questions.

I turn around, "To make sure our favourite warlock doesn't accidentally walk into a wall, no matter how much I would love to see that."

The other physician chuckles, shaking his head at me. I follow my roommate as he makes his way down some stairs towards the Great Dragon's cavern.

The reptile sleeps soundly on his rock. Merlin awkwardly clears his throat and the dragon stirs awake.

"Well, young warlock, Elizabeth, what is it you come to ask of me?" Kilgharrah asks.

"I need your help."

"Of course you do, but this time, will you heed my words?"

"The sorcerer Tauren is plotting to kill the King. He's made an ally of Morgana. I don't know what to do."

"Do...nothing."

"That's shit advice," I scoff.

"What do you mean? I'd do nothing, Uther will die," Merlin says.

"Don't you want Uther dead? It is Uther that persecutes you and your kind, Merlin, Elizabeth. It is Uther that murderers the innocent."

"But that doesn't make it right to kill him," I argue.

"Only if Uther dies can magic return to the land. Only if Uther dies you will be free, Merlin, Elizabeth. Uther's reign is at an end. Let Arthur's reign begin. Fulfill your destiny!" The dragon flaps his wings and flies off.

"Wait! Where does it say my destiny includes murder?!"

"Free this land from tyranny, Merlin! Free us all!"

Merlin and I watch the gold reptile fly off into the darkness of the cavern.

In another part of the castle, Morgana goes to the council chambers to apologize to King Uther. He accepts her apology, but she brings up her Father. She manipulates the King to feel guilty for his decision in the heat of the battle. She walks out, smug that her and Tauren's plan is set in motion.

| | |

Merlin sits off to the side, bouncing his leg up and down. Gaius and I work at the table, preparing different potions for our patients.

"Do you think Uther's a good king?" Merlin asks out of the blue. Imminently, I already know what he's referring to.

"Sorry?" Gaius replies, glancing at the young warlock.

"Uther. Do you think he's good for the kingdom?"

Gaius turns to look at him, taking his time to answer. "Yes. Yes, I do. In the light of recent events, you may find that hard to believe."

"Hard? No. Impossible? Definitely," I scoff.

"Elizab-"

"Everyone hates him," I cut him off.

The white haired man looks at me, "It is not Uther's job to be liked. It is Uther's job to protect the kingdom. Most of his methods are right. Sometimes he may go too far."

"Really? Like executing anyone who just even passes a sorcerer on the street?"

"Yes. But despite Uther's failings, he has brought peace and prosperity to this kingdom."

"But at what cost? At the cost of women and children, fathers and sons! When will it end?" Merlin argues.

"It will end when Arthur is King," Gaius states.

"Then why not let that time be now? Why not let Arthur be King?"

"Arthur's not ready. The responsibility would be too great. Brave through he may be, but he lacks experience, he lacks judgement," Gaius stands up from his spot and walks to the warlock. "Is there anything you want to tell me?"

On the one hand, I can see where Merlin is coming from. Innocent people are dying for simply existing, and that takes a toll on someone. He wants it to stop and the only way for that to happen is if Artie becomes King.

But on the other, Gaius makes a good point. Goldilocks is young and inexperienced. If he picks up the mantle of King, he might makes the wrong decisions.

Merlin looks at me. I subtly shake my head no. "I can't. I just-- No, I can't. You've just got to trust me. Gaius, it's something I've got to work out for myself," Merlin stutters.

"I do trust you, Merlin. Whatever it is, I know you'll make the right decision."

Elsewhere in the castle, Uther calls out to his ward. They make light conversation about getting come closure and putting the past behind them. Morgana offers to visit her father's grave the following morning to do just that. Uther eagerly agrees, saying he will make the arrangements before walking off. What he doesn't realize, is that he is walking straight into the trap she set up.

As night falls, Morgana leaves the castle to meet Tauren just outside. He questions whether she is willing to go through with the plan. She replies with an icy look in her eyes, saying she wants him dead as much as anyone in this rotten kingdom.

Merlin and I eavesdrop on them from behind a pillar. We both look at each other, knowing what we have to do.

| | |

Gwen and I walk by Goldilocks's chambers to see the door ajar with Merlin looking out the window, watching Morgana and Uther leave.

"Merlin?" She asks, bringing the warlocks out of his daze.

"Liz. Gwen, how are you doing?" He greets us.

"I was about to ask you the same question."

"I'm fine. Fine," He replies unconvincingly.

"Very convincing," I whisper in his ear.

Gwen loos out the window, also watching Morgana and the King leave, "Morgana's been amazing these last few days."

"I think you've been amazing. After all that's happened, getting your life back together..." I say, giving her a small sad smile.

"It's better than sitting in an empty house, waiting for my Father to walk through the door. The thing I find hardest to bear is that people will always think he was guilty because he tried to escape," She sighs.

"I know he was innocent. We both do," I tell her.

"I think he tried to escape because he knew no matter whatever he said or did, he'd be killed. Uther already made up his mind. That's the kind of man he is."

"I wouldn't blame you if you wanted him dead," Merlin mutters.

She turns to face him, "If Uther dies, I'd feel nothing. He means nothing to me," She dismisses.

"But if you had-- you know-- the choice, what would you do? If you had the power of life and death over Uther, would you kill him? For what he did?" He asks.

"No!" She exclaims, horrified of the idea.

"No?" Merlin and I both question, both equally confused at her answer.

"What would that solve? That would make me a murderer. That would make me as bad as him."

"You're right. Of course you're right," He says, more to himself. He and I make up our minds before rushing out.

"Is anything wrong?!" She calls out.

"Nothing! You're a genius, Gwen!" I say, grabbing her head to kiss it. "See you later!"

Merlin and I run through the castle corridors to our room. W burst open the door. I go over to my side of the room so I can grab my wand. Merlin pushes a chest around, revealing a loose bard in the floor and grabs the magic book out. He hesitates and ultimately grabs the staff that he took from that Sophie girl all that time ago.

We run out.

Uther, Morgana and a couple of the Knights of Camelot ride out to visit the grave site on a hill. What they don't see is Tauren's men hiding behind trees, waiting tor the time to strike.

They dismount their horses and Morgana asks for some privacy and Uther agrees, stating there is no danger.

Oh how wrong he is.

Merlin and I run through the forest. "I can just head the dramatic music playing, right now," I say, kinda breathlessly. Merlin just shakes his head, a smile dancing on his lips.

We stop when we see 4 horses tied to a tree, but no people around. We walk forward towards the animals to see 2 knights, dead on the ground.

I look up to see a couple of Tauren's men slowly stalking the King, ready to kill him. I nudge my roommate and point in the direction that I'm looking at.

Morgana kneels on the ground of her father's gravestone, "Father." She says. Uther sticks his sword in the ground.

"Akwele!" Merlin says, a bolt of blue light comes from the staff's stone and hits on of the two bandits. The other one turns around and un sheathes his sword.

I point my want at him, "Stupefy!" The man gets stunned and falls back, unconscious. Merlin looks at me, impressed. I just cheekily smile at him and shrug.

"Your Father was the greatest man I've ever known. He stood for everything this kingdom represents- truth, justice, valour. A hundred times he saved my life on the battlefield. His courage and honour were without equal," Uther says. He kneels and presses his forehead to the gravestone, "When Gorlois died, I lost the truest friend I ever had. For he was fearless in questioning my judgement as he was in defending my kingdom. That's the make of a true friend."

I can't help but think about Merlin and Goldilocks at that. Merlin because he is one the closest friends I've ever had, and I trust him whole heartedly. Goldi because even through we but heads, a lot, I also trust him with my life. I mean I literally proved that like a 2 weeks ago with Anhora.

They're my closest friends, and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.

"I know how he respected you, My Lord. But I don't share these memories. How can I? I was ten years old. I only know I loved him and he was taken from me," Morgana reminds him. Uther looks at her and puts his hand on her back.

"When he died, and I took you into my care, you fought me from the beginning. Your will is as strong as my own. You challenge me as a friend must. Ad your father did in his time."

"And when I do, you clap me in irons," She hisses back.

"I know I'm not an any man."

'Understatement of the century,' I think.

"My temper blinds me sometimes-" He says.

'I mean, your family isn't named after fire breathing reptiles for nothing.'

"-There are things that I regret." He finishes.

"Gwen's father?" She asks.

"Yes," He confirms.

She looks at him, surprised, "Are you saying you were wrong to have Tom killed?"

"Yes."

Tauren watches the scene from behind a tree. He hears a branch snap under Merlin's foot and turns around to see us. He snarls at me as he recognizes me from when he attacked Gwen. He pulls the Mage Stone from the bad.

"Akwele!" Merlin says, raising the staff. The same blue jet comes out of the staff, but Tauren's stupid rock absorbs the energy and sends it back at Merlin. My best friend falls back to the ground, unconscious.

"Merlin!" I yell out. I turn around slowly and glare at Tauren. I swear I saw a little fear flash in his eyes. "You shouldn't have done that," I say slowly. "Expelliarmus!" The Mage Stone goes flying out of his hands and into mine. As I look up to catch it, I miss the fact that Tauren rushes me and runs into me, knocking me off balance. I hit my head on a rock and my vision becomes disoriented. He tries to get the rock from my grip, but fails to do so.

He turns to leave to sneak up behind Uther.

"I will strive to listen to you more and quarrel with you less. You've been a blessing to me, Morgana. You are the daughter I never had. Your counsel is invaluable, as is your friendship and love. Without you, I cannot hope to be the king his land deserves," Uther continues.

"My Lord..." She warns.

"Please forgive me, Morgana," He begs.

She sees Tauren sneaking up behind Uther, sword raised. "No! No!" She cries out.

Uther blocks the blow, making Tauren loose his weapon. They start wrestling with each other on the ground. Merlin starts to wake up from besides me. My vision is still very blurry and I'm pretty sure I have a concussion. Merlin gets up after checking on me.

"Die, Uther Pendragon," Tauren spits out, as he pulls a dagger out, dangerously close to the King's neck.

The man gets stabbed in the back by someone. Tauren gets pushed off by Uther and he looks up to see Morgana holding a dagger. She drops it and hug each other.

Merlin turns back around to help me walk back to Camelot. Yeah, I'm now sure that I have a concussion.

We made our way back where Gaius is helping me treat my concussion when Merlin walks back in, after completing his duties for Prince Prat.

"Ah, busy day?" Gaius asks.

"Had it's moments," Merlin and I say together.

"I hear Tauren tried to assassinate Uther."

"That's what we heard," W replies together.

"And that Morgana saved him. How many men were there? Three? Four?" He questions, crossing his arms, trying to get the truth out of is.

"Yeah, something like that," We answer.

"Morgana must have shown extortionary courage to have defended a king at such odds. I suppose you both had nothing to do with it?" He raises his eyebrow.

"Oh, you know. Just background stuff," We shrug off like it was nothing. I swear, it's like we prepared our responses.

"No need to be so modest, Merlin, Elizabeth."

"Sorry," We apologize.

"It's not a criticism. It's a compliment," He chuckles, grinning.

"Right. Thanks, Gaius," We reply, grinning back. We turn back to our room and both collapse onto our respective beds, face first.

I sigh into my pillow, "Well today was eventful."

"You're telling me," Merlin scoffs.

"We both deserve a break. Like, a nice vacation or something."

"Yeah."

"What if, I take you to Diagon Alley?" I inquire, sitting up on my bed, looking at my best friend.

"What?" He questions, also sitting back up.

"What if I take you to Diagon Alley? In the Wizarding World."

"How would we do that?"

"Portkey."

"Okay, whatever that is. What about Arthur? I can't just not show up."

"Then we take him with us. We can just tell Uther that we're going on hunting trip or something. We both know that Goldilocks loves his hunting trips."

"True."

"Soooooooooooo, what do you say?"

"Sure."

"YAY! This will be so much fun!"

| | |

Spells

Homonculous Charm-to allow an object to track the movements of people

Stupefy- to make a target unconscious

Expelliarmus- to disarm the target

| | | | |

A/N- Well, that's done. Almost done with Season 1 of Merlin. Also 5.6K reads? That's absolutely crazy! Thank you for reading! And don't forget to vote!

So, a question that I need some input on.

Should I start a new book for season 2 or just keep going with this one?

My plan is to just keep things going, but if y'all want a sperate book, I can do that.

Tell me what y'all think.

Thanks!

Pokraฤovat ve ฤtenรญ

Mohlo by se ti lรญbit

2.2K 103 35
Finding herself one thousand years back in the past and in the legendary Kingdom of Camelot was something Hermione had never seen coming. But with no...
12.5K 705 9
After some time, when the round table was just established and knights went out on patrols, they eventually start talking about events that have happ...
109K 2.7K 36
Summary: When Merlyn first came to Camelot and had to be a maidservant and silent protector to the prat Prince Arthur Pendragon, she never imagined s...
86.1K 2.1K 22
description edited 7/13/2022 hi, it's ya boy ambyssall. merlin is my comfort show and i am a gay little boy who is absolutely bonkers over these stup...