The Devil Made Me Do It

By greenmarisa

Meet Addison, a kind and gentle soul who has anything but a happy life. Orphaned at the age of 4, she was ado... More

Characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
Next Book

20

3.1K 158 41
By greenmarisa

^^(Addy)

I turned on my side and stretched my stiff limbs. I opened my eyes and glanced at the white interior. I then sat up and looked around. It looked as if I were in a hotel. How'd I get here? I then rubbed the back of my hand and was surprised it didn't hurt. Actually, nothing hurt. I remembered the surprise attack and being beaten, but I had no marks or scars to prove it. I'd have believed it was all a figment of my imagination if I hadn't mysteriously ended up in a hotel room.

I felt the bed dip, so I turned and saw Kiki looking at me. She gave me a small smile and held her hands out. I looked to see brand new black hearing aids. I hesitantly took them and positioned them in my ear. Kiki leaned closer to adjust the hearing aid.

"How are you feeling?" She sat on her hind legs.

"Better than I expected." I smiled. "I'm confused because I was in so much pain before, but now I don't feel anything." She smirked at my words. "How come?"

"I healed you." She smiled and handed me a plate of pancakes. "I also ordered these for you. Apparently, they have the best apple cinnamon pancakes." She blushed and handed the plate to me.

"How did you heal me?" I was confused as I ate the pancakes.

"I did a spell that was able to heal your entire body. I couldn't stand seeing you in pain. And then I got you some new hearing aids!" Huh, she must've taken me to the doctor or given me medical attention. "Though, I feel like I should constantly make your hearing aids under warranty since they get destroyed rather quickly." She winked while I groaned.

"The sad part is that no one will believe me." I sighed.

"What do you mean?"

"Have you ever found yourself speaking and no one believes or takes you seriously?"

"Yes, I answer all your questions, but you still don't seem convinced." I rolled my eyes at the thought of her always speaking in metaphors. "But go ahead..."

"Mama will refuse to believe me and my peers will say I'm a liar. They adore Paxton, so-"

"That's the boy's name." She spat. "I wish to disembowel him." I giggled at her ridiculousness. How would she disembowel him?

"How'd you even find me? Were you nearby or-"

"I heard you begging for me." I blushed while she sighed and looked down. "You sounded so frail... I thought I wouldn't make it in time. And then how broken you sounded when I arrived..." She cleared her throat and looked away. I could've sworn I saw tears in her eyes. "It was too much to know that you were suffering while I wasn't there to protect you."

"Thank you." I hugged her, catching her off guard. "Just please don't leave me again." I mumbled into her chest.

"About that..." I lifted my head to see a guilty expression on her face. "I have to leave again." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "M-My friends are in trouble and I have to help them-"

"No!" I shocked her and myself. "Please don't leave me!" I tightened my arms around her. "Please, I'm terrified to go home!" This was the first time I was admitting that. "Mama is gonna beat me and I-I can't take it anymore. I trust you and I feel like you watch out for me. Please don't leave. I'm terrified."

"Ad-"

"Don't go!" I was fully crying now. "I don't know what they'll do to me. I'm scared, Kiki. I'm really scared. I don't wanna go home. What are they gonna do to me?!" I clutched onto her shirt.

"I don't want to leave, but I-"

"Mama is gonna use the knife this time." I began hyperventilating. "She's used the bat and belt and punched and kicked and- you can't leave me!" I looked into her pained face. "If you go then they may actually kill me. They already took so much from me, so they wouldn't hesitate with my life." I mumbled into her chest. "You leaving is essentially killing me." I whispered.

"Addy, do not think I'm abandoning you-"

"Then why are you leaving?" Tears were pouring out my eyes. "You know what will happen when you leave, yet you refuse to stay." My voice wavered.

"I'm not refusing to stay, I'm just-"

"It's fine." I whispered.

I placed the pancakes down and stood up. I went to walk towards the door, but Kiki clutched my wrist. Her grip was a little tight and she yanked me. I grimaced, causing her eyes to widen and for her to release my hand. She tried to apologize, but I was too busy rubbing my red wrists. I then felt my necklace settle in an odd position, so I readjusted it where it hung over my clothes.

Kiki was about to speak again, but stopped. Her eyes were transfixed on the necklace. I tried calling her name, but she was distracted by the pendant. She then held the pendant and closed her eyes. When she opened them, it was like a new emotion overcame her. She looked like she was devoted and considered me to be above her?

"W-Where did you get this?" Her voice wavered.

"My mom." I gently took it back, causing her to gasp. "I should get going-"

"You have complete and utter dominion over me." Her voice shook

Kiki knelt to the ground and took my hand. I gasped when she kissed my hand and bowed her head. I felt a wave of power rush through my body, which terrified me. I ripped my hand free from her and ran outside. I could feel her still trying to process what just happened.

I ran out the lavish hotel and onto the road. I didn't want to go home just yet because I was terrified of what awaited me. I glanced at the massive hotel and found my eyes trailing upwards. I squinted and could make out a figure of a person staring at me through the window. I realized it must be Kiki, so I quickly ran away.

My natural thought would be to find Jer, but I know that's where Mama would check first. I couldn't implicate Jer or his family. My next course of action was to find Gad. I was hoping he'd allow me to lay low with him for a few days. I'd eventually work up the courage to return home, but I was too scared right now. I need to prepare myself for the cruelty Mama will put me through.

I ran into an alley and slipped under the metal fence. This time, I had cut myself. I winced and sucked on my wound. I held my hand and ran up the hill to where Gad normally hung out. I didn't see him, so I approached the bridge, but he wasn't there. I then remembered how much he loved the satanic cult tunnel, so I ran in that direction.

I stopped running when I reached the entrance. For some reason, I got a bad vibe about the place. I know a cult worships in there, but that wasn't the vibe I was getting. It was almost as if something evil lurked inside. I decided to continue searching for Gad tomorrow since it was already dark. I turned around and walked away from the entrance.

I began to think about where I'd sleep. I'm hoping there isn't a homeless person by the bridge, so I could sleep there. Or maybe I could find a homeless shelter and crash there for tonight. Actually, Miss Brown keeps the keys to the shop- I stopped when I heard growling.

I turned around, but saw nothing. I then heard the growling coming from my right, so I turned in that direction. I still couldn't see anything, even though the growling was intensifying. It felt like I was being circled by an animal. I'm hoping it's not a wolf or anything that can cause serious injury. I quickly began walking, but the sharp growl stopped me in place. My eyes then popped when I saw the beast walking underneath the lamp light.

The animal had a Rottweiler's head with a spider's body. I watched it growl before running at me. I turned and ran away from the monster. I felt the monster getting closer, so I slipped under the fence. The monster stopped and growled at me from the other side. I saw it crawl backwards before darting at me. I moved away to see the monster jump over the 12 foot fence. I shrieked and tried to climb the fence again, but it shot its tongue at me.

It's slimy tongue wrapped around my ankle and dragged me back down. I winced when I landed on the concrete. I could feel my skin ripping from the cuts. I tried to crawl away, but the beast's tongue had a firm grasp around me. I looked over my shoulder to see the demonic dog glaring at me.

"HELP!"

I heard a flap of wings sound in the sky. I was so close to the dog's mouth that I could smell its putrid breath. I'm gonna die! Then, a black sword sliced through the dog's tongue. The dog backed away and howled in pain while my protector used her sword to slice the dog in half. She then kicked the two halves away and turned to me. It was the blond girl that I often saw around Kiki.

"What-"

"You need to get home." She pulled me up by the arm.

"What was that?" I pointed at the dog. "And how'd you drop from the roof and-"

"Forget everything you saw." She sternly told me.

"I can't forget you saving me from-"

"Fine, but no one will believe you." She stated with a bite. I gulped at her dominating eyes. "Now, go home." She softly shoved me

I turned around to question her more, but she disappeared. I spun around, but couldn't find her. Where'd she go? Wait, where's the dead dog? Did I just imagine everything?!

X

It's been a few weeks since that incident. I've been very jumpy and have avoided walking around at night. I didn't tell anybody what happened (including Jer) because I wasn't even sure if it happened. I still had the scar from where I cut myself on the fence, but did the rest happen. Was there really a dog with a spider's body chasing me? And there's no way a girl could actually descend from the sky to save me.

I felt like my mental health is really taking a turn for the worse. Maybe it has to do with the abuse... I'm making my own fantasy to escape from reality? There have been so many things that I haven't been able to explain, so delusions would explain it best.

Mama and my sisters were out of town, so I didn't need to make them dinner. I didn't want to go home to an empty house since I didn't feel safe there. I'd have gone to Jer, but he's busy with family stuff. And Gad... I haven't seen him in a while. I'm starting to get a bit antsy to know if he's okay.

I realized I was walking to a little cafe. I entered and ordered a scone. Right before I could pay, someone leaned over to swipe their card. I turned to see James smiling at me. I smiled and gave him a hug.

"Make that 2 scones and 2 hot chocolates." He winked at me. James then led me to a table near the back. "What's up with you?"

"Nothing much... just school and work." I neglected to tell him about my crazy imagination.

"That's boring." We chuckled. "So it's my cousin's birthday tomorrow and I want to practice my signs with you." I nodded and held my hands up. "Okay, feel free to correct me." He began to sign the song. "How was it?" He smiled.

"Great... is your cousin young?" He nodded. "Then I'd suggest making antlers when you say the word dear. It's a little cute thing to do." I blushed.

"Okay- thanks." He turned to thank the waiter. He began to sign again and I applauded when he finished. "Thanks! It's nice to practice with someone." He then cleared his throat. "This has been the most free I've felt in a while. I can finally relax and make friends that are normal and- FUCK!"

He pointed behind me. I gasped and fell to the floor at seeing men mutilate people inside. These men didn't look human and had jagged teeth. Some used daggers to impale people while others ripped people's heads off. I looked to see James shaking. The entire cafe was painted blood and these men weren't stopping. They saw me and wickedly grinned.

Their black tongues licked along their black lips. James tried to protect me from one of them, but the evil man ripped James' head off. I screamed an ear splitting scream. The men laughed when I tried to move backwards. My back was touching the wall and I knew I was about to die. My hand found its way to the plushie in my bag. I squeezed it hard and begged for someone to save me. Kiki, I don't know how you always end up in the right place, but I need you! I'm gonna die, so please-

The men were suddenly thrown across the room. I watched Kiki march up to them and grab their necks. One tried to escape, so she used her mind to close the door? How'd she do that? She ripped the weapons from their hands and started to strangle one of them. I was then surprised when the blond, who saved me, entered the room. She ran to Kiki and placed a hand to her shoulder. Kiki glanced at me and motioned for the blond to fix this.

I slipped down the wall, so Kiki had to scoop me up in her arms. I shrieked when I watched the blond rip the men's heads off. The blond looked over her shoulder to see me petrified. She said something in a different language, causing Kiki to sigh. Kiki carried me away from watching the blond use her mind to burn the men alive?

I hid my face in Kiki's chest as she carried me outside. Kiki and I locked eyes, so she sighed and averted her eyes. My eyes then widened at seeing the black wings materialize on her back. I then yelped when she shot into the air. I held her tight as she flew us across the city.

"Hold on." She spoke.

I was about to ask what she meant, but I soon felt my body move insanely fast. I squeezed my eyes shut and buried my face into her chest. I then felt the wind cease, so I opened my eyes. I saw the Vegas strip below us. Kiki flew through the window of a mansion. She placed me down on the bed.

I'm glad she placed me on an object since I don't think my legs could support me. She brought back some water, but I was too traumatized to move. Kiki sighed and sat next to me. I wearily watched the non-human next to me.

"Perhaps, I should explain my constant disappearances." Kiki focused on a wall. "It may help to explain what happened back there."

"W-What are you?" My voice shook.

Kiki eyed me intensely, which only made me more fearful. I was shaking in fear. She easily handled those men back there and then her friend... her friend killed them so savagely. What's going on?

"I'm a devil... the princess of Hel."

Poor James 😢 Now I feel bad for killing him 😂 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 165 36
The world is divided, the supernatural and humans. Alexis has to decide who she will be in this world as the powerless witch of a powerful legacy. Al...
58.2K 2.3K 23
In a world similar and yet very different from ours, that's where our story will lead us. Even in a world of supernatural and magic, there can still...
6.7M 227K 75
Skylar Mason lives the perfect life with her parents, but one day her father, a social worker, decides to bring home a girl who he has been strugglin...
294K 1.1K 13
Worlds filled with sex and steam, with some romance mixed in. Come and enjoy the dirty smut, don't be shy (⁠~⁠ ̄⁠³⁠ ̄⁠)⁠~ I update it randomly. Also I...