π“π«πšπ§π¬π©π¨π«π­πžπ | A. P...

By a_raconteur

Harry Potter x BBC Merlin crossover ----- In which Arthur is the fool in love and Elizabeth is the oblivious... More

Summary
Characters
Aesthetics
Playlist
Chapter 1 - I'm Packing Up My Crayons and Leaving
Chapter 2 - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Wizarding World
Chapter 3 - Richer than Scrooge McDuck
Chapter 4 - So Back to the Future is a Bunch of Bullshit?
Chapter 5 - Cross Your Fingers, I'm Gonna Need It
Chapter 6 - You Had One Job
Chapter 7 - Goldilocks and the Three Bears
Part 1
Chapter 8 - Apparently the Obvious Isn't That Obvious
Chapter 9 - Unoriginal Insults
Chapter 10 - Vampire Teabags
Chapter 11 - Equestrian Class
Chapter 12 - The Avengers
Chapter 13 - Young Padawan
Chapter 14 - Therapy Session No. 1
Chapter 16 - The Original Great British Bake Off
Chapter 17 - Josh Groban is Completely Underrated
Chapter 18 - A Unicorn Named Bob
Chapter 19 - The Avenger's Map
Chapter 20 - Ip Woman vs. Arsehat
Part 2
Chapter 21 - I Made Uther Laugh
Chapter 22 - More Young Padawans
Chapter 23 - Oopsie
Chapter 24 - Error: Friends Not Found
Chapter 25 - I Am Not In Denial!
Chapter 26 - I Know, I'm Weird; It's Great
Chapter 27 - I Know, I'm Weird; It's Wonderful
Chapter 28 - Hello! I Hate You!
Chapter 29 - Gandalf = Dumbledore
Chapter 30 - Goldilocks Ate Too Much Porridge
Chapter 31 - Happily Never After
Chapter 32 - I Hate Geckos. I Truly Do.
Chapter 33 - Destiny is a Fickle Thing
Chapter 34 - Army of Padawans

Chapter 15 - Therapy Session No. 2

3.1K 106 52
By a_raconteur

The Beginning of the End

A/N- I'm not gonna lie, I hate this episode so much. I don't like it and no. Just no. But for the sake of y'all, I'll write it.

| | | | |

| | |

Over the last couple weeks, I've kinda been avoiding Goldilocks. I've been a little apprehensive since what happened. I've already forgiven him and I don't blame him for what happened, but it's just scary to be alone with him. I know that he won't hurt me, but the fear is still there.

A couple days ago I've been getting over the fear and can now be next to him in a room without flinching away. We've grown back to what we were before that bitc- I mean witch, Sophie came. Or was it Sophia? I can't remember, not that I really care.

He kept apologizing over and over again to the point where it got really irritating. So, I threatened him to dismember his manly parts and he shut up after that.

Sometimes it's fun to be intimidating.

Tonight, Goldilocks and I have another nightly therapy session. This time it's about what he was thinking when he asked Uther to marry Sophie a couple days ago.

"I don't know what I was thinking!" He exclaims, pacing the ground.

"I don't know either."

"Not helping, Liz."

"Okay first, calm the eef down. You're going to wake up the whole kingdom." I state. With reluctance he sits down on the stone steps besides me as I work on another wood carving.

"What are you making this time?" He questions, leaning over my shoulder to see my work.

I turn myself away so he can't see, "Oh no. You're not seeing it until it's done." I tease.

"Oh come on. Please?" He pouts.

"Cute face...but no."

He smirks as my words register in his mind. He smirks, "You think I'm cute?"

"Yes." I say and his smirk grows, "About as cute as the arse of a toad."

His smirks falls and I stifle my laughter by biting my lip. He just scoffs at my words and I start laughing, "Rude." He mutters, making me me have a harder time to control my laughter, "Shut up." He rolls his eyes and nudges me with his shoulder.

"I'm - I'm sorry, but that was just too easy." I chuckle with a large grin on my face.

As I finish laughing, we fall into a comfortable silence. For about 20 minutes it's just the sounds of some guards patrolling, trees blowing in the breeze, and the sounds of my knife on the wood. It's nice. Between the two of us, there's no need to talk or make some kind of conversation, we can just sit and be completely vulnerable with each other. I know I will never tell anyone what he says to me and I know he'll never tell anyone what I say.

"Do you believe in love?" He blurts out randomly, catching me off guard.

"W - what?" I furrow my brows, not sure I heard him correctly.

"Do you believe in love?" He says slower as he turns to face me.

"Why do you ask? Is Goldilocks in love?" I tease with a smirk.

He scoffs, "No...just answer the question."

"Okay...? No, I don't."

"Why not? Aren't women supposed to believe in that?"

"First off that's sexist, and no, I don't. When I was a kid, sure. I mean, I think most all young girls wanted the 'perfect love', the 'perfect relationship'. But as you grow older, you realize that it's impossible to get."

"How so?"

"My time is a hook-up culture. Meaning people have sex and then forget about each other."

"Really?" He looks bewildered at the notion of that.

"Yeah. I hate it. I don't think you should just do it with just anybody, especially if it's your first time. I think that for your first time, you should do it with someone you have complete trust in."

"Are you..." He trails off.

I raise an eyebrow that is Gaius worthy, "Are you asking if I'm a virgin?"

He just shrugs in reply.

"I don't even know why I'm going to tell you this, but I am. My thinking is that you can only give yourself away once. That was bad way to word it, but you get the idea. You can only do it once, so might as well make sure it's the right person. My thoughts, however aren't exactly shared with the rest of society. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only one who thought that way."

"But you're not. It's called making love, so do it with someone you love."

"My thoughts exactly, just minus the whole love part."

"Why don't you believe in love?"

"As a kid, I grew up reading stories of girls falling hopelessly in love with their knights in shining armor. But then I grew up. You can't get that, because the term 'love' has changed so much from your time until my time. Most guys in my time are complete dicks and string along girls, then...just drop them. You have this perfect view on what a relationship should be, and when you actually get in one, you get disappointed. So, to get around that problem, I just don't even believe in the notion of love to begin with. It's safer that way."

The Prince sits as he rests his head on his hands and ponders my words for a couple minutes. I return to my wood carving. I glance up when he breaks the silence, "Do you love someone?"

"Yes I do."

"But you just said you don't believe in it."

"I don't."

"I'm confused." He states with furrowed brows and an obvious confused expression etched on his face.

"I do love someone. I love a lot of people actually. There's different types of love. There's love for family members, then there's love for friends, then love for friends so close they're family members without actually being related, then there's the love as in a significant other. I believe in everything except for the significant other part."

"So you love others as family."

"Yeah. Obviously, I have my actual family members who are 700 years in the future, then there's the friends who are family here who are Lancelot, Percy, Thor, Merlin, Gaius, and Gwen."

"That makes sense- wait, where am I?"

"Oh, you don't even make the top 100." I smirk.

He takes mock offence over his heart, "It's okay though, you don't make the top 200 on my list."

Now I take mock offence by placing my hand over my heart, "Rude prat." I mutter. We stand up to end our second therapy session. We make our way back through the corridors as we be as silent as we could. He just shoves me into the wall as we laugh, "In all realness, you make the top 10."

"You make the top 10 too."

"Thank you Goldilocks, that means a lot." I say.

"I can't tell if you're being serious or not."

"I am. Just trust me."

"But I don't." He retorts back. I shove him him into a wall and sprint back to the court physician chambers. I laugh as he shouts my name over and over again while he chases me.

| | |

Merlin and I are just walking through the castle as he needs to do some tasks for Goldilocks. But in all realness, when is he not doing tasks for Prince Prat.

"Help." A small male voice sounds in our heads.

"Professor X?" I question out load. Merlin just looks at me weirdly. I shrug is reply, "What? It's a solid assumption."

We continue walking as we don't see anyone around us. We make it outside.

"Help me. Please." The voice sounds again.

I look around to see a small kid next to the fountain, holding his arm. I nudge Merlin next to me and point my head to the kid.

"Please. You have to help me." He says without moving his mouth.

"I will, just hang on." I say to the kid. The boy looks at me wide eyed. I give the kid a small reassuring smile.

"Help me."

Some guards of Camelot come and are looking for something. I furrow my brows as I make the connection of what or better yet, who, they're looking for.

"They're searching for me."

"Yes, I know."

"Why are they after you?" Merlin questions.

"They're going to kill me."

"Like hell they are." I growl. I look around and find a corridor to enter the castle. My maternal instincts kick in, "This way. Come on. Run. Run!" The boy looks hesitant, then he gets up and begins to run towards me, still holding his arm. The guards see him and shout to follow us.

Merlin and I each grab a hand of the kid and drag him around the castle to find a place to hide him. We reach Morgana's chambers to see her and Gwen talking.

"Have you forgotten to knock, Merlin?" She exclaims, standing up.

"The guards are after him. I didn't know what to do." Merlin explains as I hold onto the boy.

A knock on the door takes all of our attentions. "My Lady? My Lady?" A voice behind the door says.

I look at Morgana with a pleading look, "Please." She and the boy make eye contact and she furrows her brows with a confused expression etched on her face.

"In there." She orders, motioning to the alcove behind some drapes. We rush over, still holding the hands of the kid and Merlin pulls the curtains close.

I hear a door opening, "I'm sorry to disturb you, My Lady. We're searching for a young Druid boy. We believe he came this way." The guards explains, apologetically.

The boy collapses into my arms and I see his arm all covered in blood.

"I haven't seen anyone. It's just me and my maid." She lies. I have to give her props, she makes it very convincing.

"Best to keep the door locked until we find him." The guards tells her.

"Of course. Thank you." I hear the door close and they rush over to see my hand covered with blood. We all exchange worried glances.

"I need to get my stuff." I say. I pass the barely conscious boy to the arms of Merlin. I get up and Gwen gives me a cloth to wipe the red off my hand. I make my way to the physician chambers to collect some supplies and I conjure some bandages with my wand.

Thankfully no one - Gaius - saw me.

I come back to bandage and clean the wound of the boy arms. I hold the kid in my arms as Merlin and Morgana look out the window to watch the execution of another Druid.

"People of Camelot," King Uther begins his speech as he stands on the balcony, overseeing the execution, "the man before you is guilty of using enchantments and magic. Under the law, the sentence for this crime is death. We're still searching for his accomplice. Anyone found harboring the boy is guilty of conspiracy, and will be executed as a traitor. Let this serve as a warning to your people." Morgana and the warlock share exchanged looks as I tighten my hold on the boy.

"You have let your fear of magic turn to hate. I pity you." The Druid man states.

The boy's chest begins to heave up and down.

"I can't watch this." Morgana says. She leaves the window to sit next to me.

Uther signals for the ax to drop.

"NOOOO!" The boy screams. I wince at the sound then a sound of a mirror shattering grabs my attention. I share the same look with Merlin; concern.

| | |

Merlin is eating his food while Gaius and I are working on making potions.

After some more moments of silence, Merlin breaks it, "So you know much about the Druids?"

"Oh for Rowena's left pinkie toe's sake." I groan under my breath.

"Very little. They're very secretive people. Especially now they're being hunted by Uther. Merlin, please tell me you haven't gotten yourself mixed up in this." Gaius says then stops working to point his quill accusingly at the warlock.

"Me? No. Mixed up in what?" He denies, badly, I might add.

"Oh for Helga's stomach acid's sake." I groan, again, as I resist the strong urge to face palm.

The older physician isn't convinced, "For someone with such a big secret, you are a terrible liar." I lightly snort at the comment. I get a glare from the warlock.

"Well, I haven't done anything." Merlin replies.

"Merlin..." He gives the horrible 'Eyebrow of Doom'.

"Ohhhhhhhh, you're in trouble." I sing in a high pitched voice.

Merlin thinks about it for a moment the sighs, "We heard the boy calling out. He was nowhere to be seen, but I could hear him...like he was inside my mind. Like Liz."

"Yes, I've heard of this ability. Elizabeth has it." Gaius says.

"I actually taught myself." I inform.

"Then perhaps not. The Druids look for children with such gifts to serve as apprentices. While they're searching or this boy, you must be especially careful otherwise it'll be your head on the chopping block."

"I'm always careful. You know me." Merlin smiles up at the white haired man.

"No you're not." I deny with a shake of my head.

"Yes, Merlin, unfortunately I do." Gaius says with a pointed look, going back to work.

Merlin and I walk back to Morgana's chambers with more supplies. She opens the door to let us after checking no one is to be seen.

"How is he?" Merlin asks.

"He's sleeping. He's very pale. I worry he may have lost a lot of blood." She explains as we walk over to the alcove.

"I'll make a Blood-Replenishing Potion." I say as I bend down to check the wound on the boy's arm.

"Has he said anything at all?" The raven haired servant questions.

"Nothing. He won't even tell me his name."

"You know, er, for a moment there, I - I thought you were going to hand us over to the guards."

"Merlin shut up." I warn.

"I'm glad you have so much faith in me, Merlin." She scoffs.

He stutters over the meaning of his previous words, "No, no, sorry. Erm, I meant, you're the King's ward. You're taking a huge risk helping the boy."

"I wouldn't see an innocent child executed. What harm has he ever done anyone?"

"Uther believes he has magic, and that makes him guilty."

"Uther's wrong."

I freeze and look up at the woman, "You believe that?"

"What if magic isn't something you choose? What if it chooses you?" She explains as he looks up to see the adoring faces of Merlin and I. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Nothing." We mutter in unison, dropping out gazes to the floor.

"Why are you helping him?" She questions us with a searching look.

We both hesitate for a moment. How do we answer that. I mean, we can't just blurt out 'We saved him because he talked to us in our mind.' Might as well say we both have magic. No, we can't do that. That's a death sentence. It's scary that could easily been us. So, no. I don't say anything. Merlin answers for me, "It was a spur-of-the-moment decision." I nod in agreement with him, "What do you think we should do with him? He can't stay here."

"We need to get him back to his people." I state. Morgana nods in agreement with me.

| | |

"He's burning up. How long has he been like this?" I question as I put the back of my hand to the boy's forehead.

"Since this morning." Morgana answers, "I think his wound may be infected."

"I think you're right." I wonder.

"We need to get him out of Camelot, and we can't do that while he's sick."

"I know. I'll get some more of my supplies."

A knock sounds on the door.

"Hide. Morgana and I will deal with it." I order the warlock. We stand up and Morgana goes to open the door as I close the drapes to the alcove.

"Arthur! To what do I owe this pleasure?" She asks, obviously irritated. He barges in with some guards following him.

"Don't get all excited. It's not a social call. I'm looking for -- Elizabeth?" He explains but says my name when he sees me sitting on a chair with my feet propped up onto the table.

"I didn't know we were playing Hide and Seek." I muse.

"What are you doing here?"

"Do I need a reason to see one of my friends?"

"No."

"Well, you found me anyways. But next time tell me we're playing so that I can actually hide."

"We're not playing Hide and Seek."

"Then why are you searching for me?"

"I'm not."

"Then who are you looking for?"

"The-" He sighs, exasperating. I snicker as some of the knights in the background giggle at the Prince of Camelot, "I'm not looking for you, I'm looking for the Druid boy. I'm afraid I'm going to search your chambers."

"You're not searching my chambers." She scoffs.

"Don't take it personally. I have to search the entire castle. Only take a few minutes."

"I'm not having you mess up my things."

"I'm not interested in your things, I'm just looking for any evidence that the Druid boy's in the castle."

Merlin sees the kid's shoes sitting out in plain sight.

"Perhaps the Druid boy's hiding in your chambers. They're usually such a mess, you'd never know." Morgana retorts.

"It's hardly my fault I have such a lazy idiot for a servant."

"Or such a lazy idiot for a Prince." I mumble under my breath. Morgana tries to hide her smile as Goldilocks glares at me.

Merlin incants a spell under his breath, "Bestepe scós." I try to hide my smile by biting my lip as I see the pair of boots tip toe towards Merlin behind the red drapes.

"If you can't even find your own servant, what hope do you have of finding the boy?" Morgana taunts. I break out into a large grin.

"Gestile scó." The raven haired warlock mumbles again and the boots backtrack to hide behind a pillar as the blonde prince looks around.

"Really, I'm touched by the confidence you have in my abilities." Goldilocks replies, sarcasm dripping from his words, "And, as much as I'd love to stay and talk, the sooner we get started, the sooner we'll be finished."

Merlin mutters, "Astýre scós." I see the boots tip toe to Merlin and I stifle my laughter by pursuing my lips together.

"Well, we'll save you the trouble." Morgana says.

"Trust me, if I could find him, I would." The Prince replies as he digs around the place in the most unusual of places.

"The Druid boy's hiding behind the screen." She states, smiling. I see Merlin hide back as Goldilocks glances to the alcove where the Druid boy is actually hiding. I trust Morgana enough to not actually give the location of the kid, "I'm sure your father would love to know how you wasted your time by rifling through my things. Go on."

"So you can have the satisfaction of making me look like a fool?" He retorts.

"In our experience, you don't need help looking like a fool." I answer. He glares while Morgana just agrees with me.

"What are you waiting for? Take a look." She eggs him on, motioning towards the location where they are actually hiding.

"Why don't you go back to brushing your hair, or whatever it is that you do all day?" He asks, annoyance seeping through his tone.

He stomps off like a child. "Buh bye, Goldilocks! Good luck with the search!" I call out as he turns back to give me a sarcastic smile before he slams the door shut. "Jeez, someone's in a mood."

Morgana laughs at his expression as Merlin sighs in relief.

Merlin is looking through a book to find infections while I gather some supplies to treat the infected wounds on the kid's arm.

Gaius comes back to find the book Merlin opened, just laying on the table. He questions about the book and Merlin lies, saying he finds all of it fascinating. He tries to get out to follow me, but Gaius catches him, saying that he's quote 'not missing the chance to begin your education'. Merlin tries again but he gets ordered to sit.

I watch the scene, amused. Gaius slams a giant book on the table.

'A bit of light reading?' I think.

Gaius starts Merlin's 'education' with basic anatomy. I double down on the floor with laughter at the look on Merlin's face.

"Why isn't Liz also learning about this too?" Merlin questions, pointing at my laughing body.

"Because she has already learnt all of this." Gaius answers.

"Toodles!" I wave at the young warlock as he gives me a begging looks of 'don't leave me here'. I left him there.

Later that night, I applied the paste onto the boy's wound as Merlin comes into the chambers, complaining about Gaius and anatomy.

The boy lays there, struggling to keep his eyes open. Morgana goes up to get more water. "Thank you, Emrys." He says in our minds.

I freeze. Merlin on the other hand questions even more, "Emrys? Why do you call me that?"

The boy opens his eyes fully to see us, "Among my people, that is your name."

"You know who I am? How?" He presses telepathically. The kid passes out again, "Speak to me." He presses impatiently out loud.

"Merlin..." I warn him with a look.

Morgana comes back behind the curtain carrying a pitcher of water, "I don't know if he can't speak, or...he's jus too scared to."

Merlin tells me he's going to the overgrown lizard under the castle to find some answers.

I go back to the court physician chambers and wait for Merlin to return. Once he does, he tells me what the conversation was. Apparently, we shouldn't protect the kid for some reason. He asks me why we shouldn't and I just shrug in reply. He asks me about the name Emrys and I explain.

I tell him about the prophecy that has been told. It consists of Emrys helping the Once and Future King to unite all the lands of Albion. That's not a lot to go off of, but that's what it is.

| | |

In Morgana's chambers, the fever taking the kid is getting worse. Gwen tried to get Morgana to sleep, but she was persistent on helping the boy. The boy then said her name telepathically.

A knock sounds on the door. "It's Liz and Merlin." I call through the door. Gwen goes up to open the door for us to enter.

"How is he?" Merlin asks from besides me.

"He's getting weaker. Whatever you did yesterday, it hasn't worked. We have to ask Gaius for his help. After all you've done, you can't give up now. Please! If he doesn't receive treatment, he'll die."

"Maybe he was allergic to an ingredient." I mutter. Merlin, Morgana, and Gwen all look at me for an answer. I think about it for a few moments then glance back at the sick boy besides the raven haired woman. I look up at Merlin, "Do it." He nods and runs off to find Gaius.

Around 20ish minutes later, Merlin return with Gaius to check on the boy. After talking with the other physician about what I gave him, he bends down to see the kid. "I will treat the boy, but as soon as he's well, you must get him out of Camelot. And woe betide anyone caught helping him." Gaius says after a few tension filled moments.

Gwen, Morgana, Merlin, and I are out in the town trying to devise the best way to get the kid out of Camelot.

"The guards are searching everyone leaving the town." Gwen says as she looks around the scene.

"There is another way out. There's a secret door by the armory. It leads to the lower town. I'll take the boy out that way." I say.

"How do you know what?" Merlin asks.

"With all the sneaking around I do, I know the castle better than anyone. That includes secret tunnels and doors."

"Why are you sneaking around?"

"Well, I need to keep my pranking skills sharp, and Artie is the perfect target." I grin. I get a lopsided smile from Merlin and Morgana while Gwen shakes her head in disappointment, but I don't miss the small smile on her face.

"No. It's too dangerous. I'll do it." Morgana replies.

"No, you're not. Imagine if you get caught." I protest with a shake of my head.

"If you're caught, Uther will execute you. The boy's my responsibility. I'll smuggle him out of the castle."

"Well, you'll need a key for the door."

"Who has it?" She questions.

"Goldilocks."

"Arthur."

Merlin and I say at the same time. We looks at each other with squinted eyes.

We devise a plan to get the keys from Prince Prat. Merlin's going to bring his dinner and distract him while I levitate the keys off his belt.

Merlin enters the chambers first with a bowl of soup that look rather unappetizing in my opinion. I grimace at the colour.

"Wingardium Leviosa." I incantate in my head. My eyes glow a gold colour and Merlin looks shocked for a second but quickly covers to avoid suspicion.

"Swish and flick." I think, "Thanks Professor Cledwyn."

"Is there any bread?" The blonde royal asks the raven haired warlock, turning his head.

As Merlin was bout the answer, they keys I'm levitating make a sound that makes the prince aware of it. Kinda aware of it. "What was that?" He questions, hearing the keys floating behind his head.

"What?" I inquire, shifting my eyes so they keys stay behind his head.

"There was a sound."

"Was there?"

"What is that? Can't you hear it?"

"I can't hear anything." I reply. Merlin looks like he's about to explode with how hard he is trying to contain his laughter.

"Are you deaf? It's like a...jangling sound."

"No, my hearings just selective."

"Like what?"

"Most, if not all words that come out of your mouth."

Goldilocks rolls his eyes at me and moves around trying to find the source of the 'jangling sound'. He's even more stupid than I thought. This is too much fun. He moves again and I loose my concentration and the keys drop into the disgusting coloured soup.

He spins around, "What was that?"

"What was what?" I raise and eyebrow at him.

"A different sound, like a...like a splash." He explains.

"Go easy on him, you're going to break his brain." Merlin tells me in my head.

I mentally snort and start laughing, I wink at him with a teasing grin. When the blonde turns around again I loose the grin and become stoic.

Merlin walks up and picks up a piece of bread, "Bread?" The prince walks by, banging his hands against his ears to unclog them. The warlock goes to the soup and uses the spoon to pick up the soup covered keys, "Good job."

"Thank you." I say, giving him a dramatic bow.

Merlin and I make our way back to Morgana's chambers and knock on the door, "It's Merlin and Liz." He calls through the wood.

"You ready?" I ask the Lady.

"Did you get the keys?" She questions.

"Yeah." Merlin answers, holding up the newly cleaned keys.

"The door is behind the shield at the far end of the armory." I inform her. She nods and remembers the information.

"I'll pack you some food and water for the journey. Be careful." Gwen says, smiling at her Lady.

I help the kid up and he hugs me around my legs. I give him a small smile and hug him back. They leave the chambers to make their way to the armory.

Gwen is packing some food and supplies for them while Merlin paces around Gwen's home. Gwen breaks the tension filled silence, to which I am grateful for, "I hope they're okay. Morgana really cares about the boy. I've never seen her this way with anyone."

"I'm sure she just want to protect him." Merlin answers, pausing his pacing.

"Mmm." He replies, clearly thinking about something.

A few minutes later, the warning bells sound through the air. I glance up to where Merlin is looking through a crack in the door, "They're coming." He says and I release a breath I didn't know I was holding. The door opens to let them through.

"There's enough food for three days." Gwen tells Morgana.

"Your horse is fed and watered. I'll take you to it." Merlin reports.

"No. There's no point in all of us risking our lives." She argues.

"What about you?" I inquire.

"I'm the King's ward. I'll take my chances."

"I don't like those chances."

"Morgana!" Gwen exclaims.

"I couldn't live with myself if anything happened to either of you. We must go."

"Goodbye, Emrys. Goodbye, Liz." The boy says in our minds. I give him one last smile and hug before they leave the house.

| | |

The next day, Uther and Morgana had a heart to heart - if you call ordering an execution and threatening your ward a heart to heart. Morgana and the kid got caught by Goldilocks when they tried to escape. In her chambers, Merlin and I are talking with her.

"I promised that I wouldn't let anything bad happen." She says quietly.

"You can't blame yourself. You tried your best." Merlin tried to reassure her.

"It's not enough." She replies, tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

"He's in jail now. There's nothing more we could do."

She thinks for a moments before walking up to us, "I will not let him die. Can I count on your help?"

"Yes." I say instantly. Merlin on the other hand, looks more hesitant. He thinks about the dragon's warning before he ultimately nodding in agreement.

"Thank you." She thanks gratefully before dragging me to help her look for the blonde prince.

We enter his chambers and she sits on the chair next to his table. I stand behind her, leaning against the wall, arms crossed over my chest. I look at the floor, my thoughts overwhelming me.

The door opens but I don't look up. "Make yourself at home." Artie states sarcastically, making a ghost of a smile appear on my face.

"You can't let your father execute the boy." Morgana starts.

"You're lucky he's not executing you." He replies. He pauses for a minute, "Are you telling me he was really behind the screen when I came to search your chambers?"

She nods, much to his annoyance as he groans, "I know you believe your father's wrong to execute him."

"What I believe doesn't matter. My Father's made up his mind. He won't be talked out of it. I tried." He takes his sword off his belt and taking a goblet form the table.

"Then the time for talking is over." She states, firmly.

He gives her and I a look before going to the window next to me, "Whatever you're thinking, it's not going to happen."

"We have to get the boy back to his people."

"No. Forget it."

"I can't believe you'd let an innocent die!"

"It's too late. He's been caught. I have no choice."

I sigh quietly before speaking. I can't believe I'm pulling this card out, but if it will protect the kid, then I'm okay with manipulating Goldi, "What if it was Nick?"

"No. Even if I could, I won't betray my Father."

"So you would let Nick die?" I reply, finally tearing my gaze from the floor to the electric blue I like.

"Of course I wouldn't-." He denies, then sighs, "My hands are tied."

"No they're not. Is this how you're going to rule? Letting an innocent die, much less a child. You are not your father."

"I will not betray him."

"If I know you at all, you won't stand by and let this happen. If you won't do this for the boy...then do it for me. Please." I look him dead in the eye. I search the blue for any sign he is going to give up. He sighs and I give him a small thankful smile, "Thank you." I whisper and Morgana looks at our conversation knowingly.

We start to devise a plan as Merlin's head pops through the door.

"Sorry. Was I interrupting something?" He questions looking at the scene in front of him. Goldilocks sitting in the chair Morgana was not 10 minutes ago, with her standing right next to the table and me against the wall like normal.

"Nothing you need concern yourself with. Go make yourself useful, muck out my horses." The blonde prat replies flatly.

"I trust Merlin."

The prince gives me a glance back and I nod my head in assurance. He turns back to face Merlin and makes a hand motion to allow him to enter the room.

"We're going to break the Druid boy out of the dungeons." He says.

"You can't do that." The warlock argues. I furrow my brows on why he's refusing.

"We have to. Uther's going to execute him at dawn." Morgan exclaims.

He quickly backtracks, "I mean...it's too dangerous. You've already been caught once, and if the King catches you a second time he'll never forgive you."

'That's not the reason.' I think.

"I'm not worried for myself." She replies.

"No, Merlin's right. When Uther finds out the kid has escaped, he'll suspect you being involved." I explain, defending Merlin.

"It's suicide." Merlin agrees.

Prince Prat comes up with a plan. Morgana will go to the King and apologize by dining with him so he can't hold her responsible when the boy escapes.

"You need me if the plan's to work. You can't do this on your own." Morgana argues.

"Merlin will take your place." Goldilocks smirks at his servant.

"Me?!"

"Him?!"

We share looks of disbelief as we say something at the same time again.

"Liz and I are going to take the boy out through the burial vaults. There's a tunnel that leads beyond the city wall. Get my horse and another one from the stables and meet us there. There's a grate that covers the entrance to the tunnel. Bring a rope and grappling hook to pull it off." He explains, walking to stand in front of the warlock.

"No- no, I can't..."

"Merlin. Do you understand? If you're not there to meet us, we'll surely be caught." He says seriously.

"No pressure, bro." I add in.

He nods hesitantly and the blonde walks out.

Later that night during dinner, Merlin picks at his food as his face is in a frown, a sign of deep thought.

"I assume it's the plight of the Druid boy that's causing your forehead to wrinkle like a lizard's elbow." Gaius asks wryly. I slightly chuckle as I have been to a zoo and didn't set a python on my cousin.

"Would you let something terrible happen if it meant you'd stop something even worse happening in the future?" He asks looking up at Gaius and I.

"I suppose it depends on what the 'terrible' and 'even worse' things are." He replies.

The warlock sighs, "One of them's bad, really bad. And the other, it's...unthinkable."

"It sounds as if you've already made your decision. You can only do you believe to be right, Merlin. I just hope it doesn't involve you putting in terrible danger."

"For once, you don't have to worry. I'm going to do nothing."

I furrow my brows again. Do nothing? He can't. Everything is riding on Merlin to be there to get us out of the grate.

Back up plan initiated.

| | |

Morgana goes to dine with Uther while Goldilocks and I go down to the dungeons to get the kid out. Since Merlin decided to sit this out, I grabbed my wand to use. It's currently strapped to my shin.

Artie has a sack of something burning. He hands me a cloth to use to cover my mouth and nose while he does the same. He lights the sack thing and it starts to smoke and he lowers it below us to guards and they pass out.

"Look at you, the prince breaking his own rules." I lightly chuckle and smirk. He rolls his eyes at me, "I like this rebellious side of you."

We continue down to stairs and he grabs the keys off the guards and opens the kid's cell.

"Don't be scared. I've sent word to your people, I'm taking you to them. You must come with me." Goldi assures him. He extends a hand out to him and the kid places his smaller one in it.

We run out of the cell and down a tunnel with a torch in hand. "This way." He say, leading us down. I continuously glance back to make sure we're not followed.

The guards woke and I hear, "It's the Druid boy. He's escaped!"

"Merde." I mutter as I grab the kid's other hand. (Shit.)

We make our way to the grate and the prince drops the torch on the ground and leans to grate calling out for Merlin.

The boy does the same. I look back over my shoulder to watch the only entrance and exit.

"Merlin." I say in his mind. The boy sends me a glance and I send him a small reassuring smile.

The warning bells sound.

The Prince of Camelot pushes against the metal bars, in a feeble attempt to open it. "Damn it, Merlin." He curses as he failed.

"Merlin, please." I say again.

A door closes behind us. Goldilocks quickly puts out the torch with his foot as I grab the boy and put him behind me. "I think they went that way." A guard yells out.

"Emrys. Emrys. Where are you, Emrys? Emrys. Help us! Please! They're coming!" The boy behind me cries out.

The shadows of guards are coming closer as they carry torches that glow down the dark tunnels.

"Look over there. Look over there. Check in there." The guards yell out.

"Yes, sir."

Goldilocks draws out his sword.

"But you look down here." A guard ordered.

"I'm scared, Emrys. They will kill me. Don't do this. Don't ignore me. I know you can hear me. I thought you were my friend. We're the same. I don't want to die. Emrys! Emrys! Emrys!" He cries out again.

"Merlin!" I yell out.

Silence.

Nothing comes.

Backup plan initiated.

I go to grab my wand from my shin when Goldilocks grabs my wrist, stopping me. "What the hell are you doing?" He whisper shouts at me.

"Plan B."

"You can't."

"And if I don't we all get caught."

"What about him?"

I glance back at the boy, "Promise me you won't tell anyone for as long you live? Promise?!" I question the kid with a serious look of my face. He nods vigorously. I turn back to the blonde, "See? It's all fine."

"I will not let you."

"I'm not asking for permission."

"I refuse to. What if you get caught? You can get executed."

"I will if we don't get out of here." I argue. I point my wand at the grate and get ready to Bombarda the crap out of it when Merlin shows up.

"Hey." He greets, slightly out of breath.

"Where the hell have you been?" The blonde prince hisses.

"I had trouble getting out of the castle." He explains.

"Lies." I say in his mind, completely frustrated with him.

"Well, get this grate off, they're coming!" Artie orders.

Merlin attaches the grappling hook and pulls the grate off. Artie sheathes his sword as I strap my wand back to my shin.

We rush out of the tunnel and mount the two horses. I get on one and Merlin helps to put the boy in front of me as the Prince mounts the other one.

"If my father asks where I am, I've gone on a hunting trip and decided to take Liz with me. You'd better make yourself scarce, or they'll execute you in his place." Goldilocks orders.

"Goodbye, Emrys. I know that someday we will meet again." The boy in my arms says telepathically.

"Comfortable?" I ask the kid in front of me. He nods, looking up at me. I smile at him. I make eye contact with Goldilocks and he's looking at me with a look in his eyes that I can't decipher, "What?"

"Nothing." He shakes his head and trots off. I roll my eyes and ride after him into the night.

We continue making our way through the dense trees as a fog settles in. The only sounds of the forest are the horse's hooves on the ground and the occasional hoot of an owl.

"Do you know where we're going?" I question the blonde besides me, careful not to wake the sleeping boy in my arms.

"Yes."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Are you 100% sure?"

"Yes."

"Are you 110% sure?"

"Yes! Now will you shut up!"

"Jeeeeeez, calm down. I'm just asking a few questions."

"Well, it's annoying, so stop."

"Okay then." I mumble.

A few more minutes pass as early morning begins to come.

"Why were you so keen on helping the boy?" He asks.

"Because it could've been me." I say.

"What?"

"It could've been me in his place. I have magic and for that, it makes me evil. I so easily could've been me waiting for my execution the next day."

"I would never let that happen." He states with determination. I glance up at him.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

I send him a small smile, "Thank you."

A few more minutes we dismount the horses to see three figures covered in cloaks, waiting in the forest. I lead the boy to the figures and he walks over to the middle figure.

"We are forever indebted to you, Arthur Pendragon, for retuning the boy to us." The Druid in the middle says.

"You must not let it be known that it was we who brought him to you." Goldilocks says.

"We will tell no one. You have my word."

The Druids turn to leave, "Wait, I don't even know your name! At least tell me your name." He calls out to the boy and figures.

The boy looks to the middle figure for assurance, "It's all right."

The kid turns to us, "My name is Mordred."

I freeze. My brains goes to overdrive.

"Good luck, Mordred." The blonde prince wishes before he turns to walk away to his horse.

I stare at the boy, knowing what will happen later in years to come.

"What is your name Miss..." The middle Druid asks me.

I tear my eyes from the boy to look up at him with a wary smile, "Elizabeth Potter."

"Potter? You have magic yes?"

"Yes, I do."

"Thank you bringing him back to us."

"No problem." I give one last small smile before walking back to my horse.

"Thank you, Elizabeth." Mordred says in my mind. I glance back and give a curt nod.

I mount my horse and we make the trek back to Camelot. We walk for more hours and I get lost in my thoughts. The sun rises, signaling the day has begun.

I get broken out of thoughts when a rock bounces off my head, "OWWW! The bloody hell was that for?" I question the Prince as I hold my head with my hand.

"I've been calling your name for the last 5 minutes." He deadpans, as if that is a real reason.

"That doesn't give you permission to throw a rock at my head!"

"It was a pebble."

"Still a rock!"

He just shrugs with a small smirk plastered on his face, "What are you thinking out?"

"Nothing."

"Okay." He says, ending the conversation. I'm grateful he doesn't press any further cause how am I going to explain that the kid is going to be the one that ultimately kills you in a few years. It's not something I can just bring up in a conversation.

| | |

Wen Artie and I get back to Camelot, bringing a few dead rabbits with us so it actually looked like we went on a hunting trip, I make my way up to the physician chambers for some much needed sleep.

But before I do that, I'm going to interrogate Merlin.

I find my roommate in our room, hands clasped together as it sits on the side of his bed, looking down at the ground in deep thought.

"You knew." I say as more of a statement than a question. I sit in the side of my bed, making eye contact with him, "You knew that Mordred is going to kill Goldilocks later."

He nods solemnly.

"Is that why you didn't come at first?"

He nods again.

"Why did you come than?"

He sighs heavily before talking, "Because I heard his pleads and I couldn't just sit around, signing his death sentence. Plus, there was you and Arthur with him.

I nod, "But you know what the future holds now, right?"

"Yeah...I just couldn't."

"I know."

"Why didn't you recognize him when we first met him?"

"I got a name, not much of a description. When Artie and I dropped him off, when he said his name, I froze. I know that name and the story with it. I just don't know how small kid like that could have such a bad destiny."

He sighs again, not knowing the answer.

This is going to a drama filled next few years.

| | |

Spells

Wingardium Leviosa- to make a target levitate

Bombarda- to create an explosion

| | | | |

A/N- Well, that was fun. I still don't like this episode, but it's rather important so...whatever.

Thank you for 4.5K reads and over 200 votes!! That means the world to me!

This 1/4 birthday present to y'all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 368 8
Merlin's spell accidentally went wrong causing him and Arthur travel to the future, more specifically - to Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardr...
7.1K 314 17
VIGILANTE SHIT- ❝ revenge is a good look on you ❞ IN WHICH, two sorcerers in camelot are both destined to take care of the king's most beloved, arthu...
166K 6.6K 27
A Merthur fic set in canon era. After two years of putting up with his useless excuse for a manservant, Arthur begins to suspect that there may be mo...
17K 836 59
𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖐 π•Ώπ–œπ–” 𝔖𝔲π”ͺπ”ͺπ”žπ”―π”Ά: From trolls to dragons to foreign princesses, Astraea Aphelion grows stronger as she continues to navigate medieval...