You Are Mine

By MOONBORN19

The place he brought me had enough light to see the tall frame hovering over me. He had a black hoodie on so... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
Chapter 62
CHAPTER 63

CHAPTER 30

316 12 4
By MOONBORN19

~ Quinn's POV~

Dectective James and I awaited patiently as Mrs. Olive wrote something on her clipboard before meeting our gaze.

"Quinn, how's it been? I haven't seen you in here since the Dean's case" She smiled brightly, offering her hand for a firm shake. She greeted Dectective James before informing us of the report.

"Victims: Derek and Ryan West. Age 32 and 30. I checked for any drug uasge in their systems but came out clean. However, alcohol was definitely present. Most likely the killer must've abducted them whilst in this state" she paused to place her clipboard down and began pulling of the sheet on the victims bodies, revealing an almost disfigured face.

"Right here" she said pointing at their hands. "The bruises formed here are quite similar to that of rope restraints, which gives the means they were intentionally tortured while conscious and-"
She pointed her gloved finger at Ryan's forehead that had a thin, hollow hole in the centre.

"Upon thorough determining, it seems that this is the cause of death despite the innumerable tortured areas, the murder weapon used here definitely killed him. It seems that the weapon had a sharp edge and thick body, which I presume it's either an x - acto blade or an awl or something of that sort".

I quickly glanced at James who was intently absorbing the information and taking notes.
She moved to Derek and opened his mouth. Even though I've been in this job for 8 years, I always feel nauseous but never displayed it.

"This one was murdered upon being stabbed. The damage to the tissues and irregularity suggest it. Maybe a kitchen knife, I cannot determine it as of yet. The note, was in a clear resealable bag, I sent it to the lab for fingerprints, but came out clean."
She went on to explain the rest of the autopsy report.

A full hour had been spent. Mrs. Olive is the best in her department, providing reports in detail.

"Oh and Quinn?" Mrs. Olive called as I paused midway from exiting.

"Yeah?" I glanced back at her.

"Make sure you find this arse" she deadpanned.

Don't worry we will...

~Yolanda's POV~

"Alright class, I'll be your temporary substitute teacher for today. My name is Trisha Mill. So, why don't we all turn to page 56?" Mrs. Trisha beamed.

She seems nice.

Just then Kate, the straight forward beauty queen, raised her hand.

"Yes? You have a question?" Mrs. Trisha asked politely.

"Uhh yeah. Where's Mr. Cain?" She asked sassily. This drew everyone's attention to Mrs. Trisha.

"Ohh... well, Mr. Cain left for some family matters and will proceed to take your classes from next week Monday. Ok then, page 56 everybody" she concluded, shutting all those who wanted to be extra.

Thank goodness it's Friday.

Bryce has been hanging out with us for the past two weeks and he has been very timid, mostly around me.

That was the only condition placed by Logan, You can be apart of our group as long as you don't create any problems and you stay away from Yolanda. If not, you're out. I pity him. I can see the guilt everytime he peeks a glance at me.

I know he has bothered me enough but everyone deserves second chances right? Well, I'm the victim, so I will talk to him and I'll hopefully make him feel less frightened of me.

As for Unknown I have received absolutely nothing. Nothing at all. I'm starting to think Unknown has given up but the dectectives said otherwise.

Anyways.....

The day passed quicker than usual probably because the weekends here.

"Lily, that's extremely early. We're just going shopping aren't we?" I whined as we walked across the parking lot.

"Yeah I know but it's no ordinary shopping anyway since it's your natal day" Lily said with a grin, while we gave her a puzzled look.

"Natal day?" Blake scoffed. Our group felt incomplete, actually scratch that it is incomplete.
Sandra's recovery has progressed quite nicely. Physical therapy is really helping her at the moment. As much as she wants to return to normalcy, she still needs rest.

"You know you can just say birthday" Caleb remarked, his arms wrapped around Lily' s shoulder. Lily gave him a playful glare.

"So we invited to your birthday lands?" Caleb asked with a beam.

"Obviously, but you'll only gain access if you bring a gift in hand" I joked.

"Oh no problemo! Lily will get you a gift on our behalf" Caleb replied with a cheeky grin.

"Soon I'll act as if I do not know you" Lily warned as Caleb zipped his lips.

We laughed at them. I know that they'll last. Despite Lily's many ex's, I surely know Caleb' s the one for her.

"Since it's my birthday, I decide the time. 2pm tops" I gave a toothy smile, while Lily rolled her eyes.

"Fine. Fine. See you on Saturday then" Lily embraced Blake and I before leaving with Caleb.

"You packed your toothbrush? Cause I ain't sharing" I snickered earning a frown from Blake.

"No one would use your toothbrush, don't worry, I packed mine" she giggled to herself.

Blake and I haven't spent much time together, so to get my mind off things and to have some company among all the planning which I'm not permitted to know about.

As much as I love surprises, I also hate the suspense.

My parents are plotting something with my squad, so they specially requested Blake's presence.

Dad arrived just on time and we drove out of town, to our family house, my original home. I do miss my once safe haven..

"So do you prefer Minecraft or Call of Duty?" Chase asked Blake as we sat around the dinner table, devouring mum's special Chicken Alfredo.

"Uh.. definitely Call of Duty" Blake replied earning a high five from Chase.

"Table manners please" my mum warned for the fifth time.

While Blake and I finished with the dishes, everyone else had dessert ready in the living room. Blake was busy savoring the fruit tart while I texted Logan.

[Logan:] How's it going sugarplum? Any idea whats being planned?😏

[Me:] Just enjoying some fruit tart. Why don't you spill the beans and tell me what you all have planned? 🤔

[Logan:] Haha.. no.. as much as I love you. I will restrain myself from talking. 😀

This guy....

[Me:] Fine then. No cuddles for you😋

[Logan:] Awww..... but.... you're a meany😝

[Me:] You know me too well😁

[Logan:] Can I call?

But I want to spend time with my family. I pouted, deciding to spend time with family instead.

"You better say Yes! Cause we want you outta here" Blake said with a mischievous grin, making me jump.

"What? Why? You scared me you fridge" I playfully smacked her.

"Well.... we have to discuss some... stuff" She spoke, while avoiding my gaze.

"Wow... and I wanted to say no to Logan just so I could spend time with my family. Nice you guys" I said while dramatically touching my heart.

"Shoo now. Go. We've got matters to deal with" my mother snickered. This lady.... a real charmer.

I pouted sadly and replied to Logan, all the while walking towards my room.

[Me:] Yeah sure but call on my dad's landline or mine. Whichever way is easier cause I need to charge my phone.

I closed my room door, plugged my phone to the charger and waited. Meanwhile, Max came and cuddled beside me, his soft fur tickling my skin.

After ten minutes or so, my landline phone rang. I picked it up almost immediately off the holder.

"Jeez... took you long enough. I've been waiting for hours Logan" I groaned in annoyance while plobbing back on my bed.

He chuckled lightly, sounding quite attractive if you ask me.

"Hours huh? I'm sorry my queen" He apologized. He sounds different, almost husky. I like it!

"You sound different. You ok?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just got down on a flu, that's all" He replied, stifling a sneeze.

"Oh no. Looks like you need the doc" I replied in a concerned tone.

"Nah... why should I go to the doc when I'm receiving my meds from hearing your voice" I blushed at his words.

"Stop blushing sweets" he spoke in a raspy voice.

He should be sick all the time, he sounds so sexy.

"So what you doing?" I asked, while getting off the bed to grab a scrunchie off the night stand.

"Well I'm talking to the love of my life, that's what I'm doing" He replied, making me smile like a maniac.

"You really know how to make me smile and turn me into a blushing mess, don't you?" I asked, placing my hands on my hips.

"Oh trust me.. I know way more" He replied huskily. One more word and I will collapse.

I smiled at my own thought as I pressed the phone to my ear while pulling back my wavy long hair back to tie into a ponytail.

"Don't tie your hair darling. You look more exquisite with it loose" I stopped midway, processing what Logan just said.
My eyebrows knit in confusion.

"What?" I asked almost breathlessly.

"Look out the farthest window, where the bed of white roses are" he commanded, totally ignoring my question. I looked out my farthest window abruptly, towards the roses.

"There we go. Now I can see those gorgeous face of yours" he spoke in his raspy voice.

Goosebumps immediately sprang around my body. The very hairs on arms stood upright.

Why is he talking like this? He's watching me?

"Logan, it's not funny-"
My door creaked open, my dad's head popped in through the gap.

"Sorry dear but Logan's on the phone" My dad grinned brightly, his hand holding out his office landline phone.

I faintly heard Logan's voice on the landline, saying hello.

"What?" I asked in unbelief, more like in shock.

"Logan's on the phone?" My dad seemed puzzled by my response.

"Then who's this?" I asked, directing the question to the person I had been talking to for the past fifteen minutes.

"Hello cupcake... Missed me?" His husky voice spoke through the phone.

That same feeling of paranoia emerged in me once again. I didn't have to think twice to know who this was.

Deep down within my body erupted an unknown emotion that I didn't even think would surface especially in this situation with this creep. Anger.
I balled fists and felt my blood boil.

Who does he think he is?

"Who do you think you are, huh? Harassing and bothering me for whatever pathetic reason you have! You're sick! You hear me? Sick I say" I spat through gritted teeth.

My dad instantly knew what was going on so he left to call the dectectives. My mother, Blake and Chase ran into the room, trying hard to hear the conversation.

There was a moment of silence before deep menacing chuckles erupted from the phone.

"Oh my dear... you sound so sexy when you're angry. You actually look cute with your face red and balled fists" he continued chuckling to himself.

Then he became dead serious.
"Now.... I am sick. I'm a sick lover in need of my meds which is you" I scrunched my face in digust which he noticed.

"You didn't seem to mind when I said that before" he snickered as I mentally slapped myself for being so stupid and clueless.

"Look. It will be way better for you and for me that you stop all this stupidity, leave me alone and enjoy your life being less of a creep" I warned firmly.

Where is all this confidence coming from?

"A creep? I'm a creep? Fine then. If revealing my love to you makes me a creep so be it. I don't mind" his words sent shiver down my spine but I masked it.

"You don't hurt people when you love them. Yo-"

"I didn't hurt you and I never will" he reassured, while cutting me off.

"Well you have. Emotionally!" I stated plainly.

"Thats your fault for being too blind to see my love" he replied nonchalantly.

"If you love me so much, why don't you tell me who you are, huh? Why are you so sacred?" Each word spewed out with hate and rage.

Silence echoed through the phone making me think that he ended the call.

"I can't tell you now, but I will soon. I'm not scared just cautious of the fact that I might loose you. However, I will tell you a little something, and I mean it" he paused briefly before continuing.

"You can't get rid of me. I'll kill anyone who stands in my way. Process that in your intelligent mind and inform those around you" his words left me frozen in place. All the confidence that once was had now left unexpectedly, instead replaced by fear.

I shivered upon hearing his words. He's willing to kill those I love? Was he aiming to kill Sandra?

I looked up to see a worried father, and the two detectives, with  looks of concern and vigilance planted on their faces. Red and blue lights filled the house. Two black uniformed officers entered the room, guns drawn out.

Dectective Quinn nodded in the direction towards my farthest window. The two officers instantly ran out, which I'm assuming is outside at our backyard.

Well dad was quite observant.

"Looks like you have company. Well, I have to go now huh? Oh before I leave, just know that Mr. Cain won't be bothering you again" with that the call ended and the phone slipped from my hands, landing on the floor with a thud.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

Another chapter ✔✔

Yippee!! So... I hope you all are well.. please take care.

So, how was this chapter? If you liked it, then do vote and comment. If you didn't, thank you for reading/ just scrolling through 🙂

You can always comment or private message me for any suggestions or even who this Unknown is.. ?
I guess time will tell...

So.....

Until the next chapter my lovelies!!!🤗🤗🤗

Shalom & God bless 🙄

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Here By Bwilli2003

Mystery / Thriller

433K 14.6K 34
⚠️ MATURE⚠️ This story contains strong use of language and mature scenes. If you are offended easily do not read. _________________________________...
589K 28.9K 59
COMPLETED!βœ”πŸ”±βœ… "Don't worry little one there is no one here to save you from me, you don't know how desperately I have waited for this moment," he sa...
1M 36.7K 56
"Leave me"...I struggled hard ...but his grip was too tight around my waist.. . "Never in a million years....love..... you are mine"he said... . "I'...
1.5M 31.3K 47
I push the feeling away and ultimately concentrate my gaze on his upper body, which still bears the traces of my lipstick. "You did not remove them?"...