Book of One-Shots

By Super_Human456

Just a book of one-shot stories here and there. More

Look Out for the Quiet One
Hot Coco
Crazy Valkyrie Day
Velveteen Rabbit
Trust in Me (Lemon)
I Love You, My Rose
Never Miss a Heart Beat
Beach Volleyball Champ
Good Night
Evil Love (Lemon)
Dance, Dance
Morning Sunshine
Family
I Need You
The Therapist (Lemon)
Morning Tea
Bandits
Not Sorry
The Bodyguard
Spa Day (Lemon)
Night in the Void
Rainy Day Dew
Darkest Day
Burning Sunny Fun
Loving Ruby (Lemon)
Gypsy Girl
Catch Up
Tai Him Up
Birds of a Feather
Welcome to the Pancake House (Lemon)
The Barista
The Hunt
Because She's a Nerd
You're a Soldier
King of Everything
Collaring the Wolf (Lemon Part 1)
Collaring the Leopard (Part 2 Lemon)
Collaring the Kitty (Lemon Part 3)
Collaring the Tiger (Lemon Part 4)
Collaring the Panther (Lemon Part 5)
It's Not Her Tempo
Lifelong Love
Bar Fight
Firebreather
Sleepy Snowflake (Lemon)
Hover Board Racer
Meditation Practice
Rosey
Emerald in the Rough
Making Babies (Lemon)
Pina Colada
She's Your Favorite Lil' Gangster
Double Trouble
Dark Magic
Dark Magic (Part 2 Lemon)
War and Death
Helping an Assassin
Playing Press
Hardcore Test Taker
More Collecting (Lemon)
Diamond Thieves of Heart
Working Days and Lemonade
Faunus Belle
Something New
Vibration Mode (Lemon)
Apathy Part 1 (Lemon)
Apathy Part 2 (Lemon)
Apathy Part 3 (Lemon)
Apathy Part 4 (Lemon)
Honey, I'm Home (Lemon)
Thought on Thought
An Explanation
Rainy Day Parade
Punk Rock
Power Couple
Crazy Lady
Mind Control Mountain (Lemon)
Surf's Up
I see You
Arm Wrestle
I'm Not Joking
Ms. Cutsey (Lemon)
Zero-G's
Creating Memories
Boku no Deku
Illusions
Hypnotic Relationship (Lemon)
Long Distance
Age of Love
An American Tail
I-Birthday
New Girl in Town (Lemon)
Green Thumb
Rookie Year
Your Boss is Hot
Rock Hard Will
Subliminal (Lemon)
Support Group
Saleswoman
One For All
Sea Tip
Anniversary (Lemon)
To America
Scientific Advancements
Fashion Business
Explosive
Wave Sensor (Lemon)
Music Club
Invisible Crush
Dragon Ball
Tutor
Honeymoon (Lemon)
Tour Bus
Yar Har
Masochistic Midnight (Lemon)
Circus Freak
Creation Myth
Underground Gang
First Time
Morning Kitten (Lemon)
Fairground Fun
Childcare
Mountain of Trouble
Mismanagement
Taming the Dragon (Lemon)
Nine's Five
Explosive Competition
Science Geeks
Rookies 1 and 2
Beauty Guru (Lemon)
Burnin
Aged Up
Maximum Intelligence
The New Teacher
Cow Lady (Lemon)
School Dance
X Marks the Spot
Workout Buddies
A Friendly Game
Cumming Home (Lemon)
Plant Girl
Ghost Girl
Riding Places
Ice, Fire, Baby
Cave Story (Lemon)
Echo Location
Science Lovers
Proposal
Just in Me (Lemon)

Broadway Visit

1.3K 11 2
By Super_Human456

The height of the economic boom in the US was truly grand after the war! Busy streets! Parties left and right! Oh, it was oh so grand and you were gunning to get your start here and now! You had stopped your taxi just at a little theater in downtown New York and quickly got out. Your apartment was a few blocks down the road, but that wasn't your main goal of today. That could be handled later on. Here, you were looking for a job.

Work should be easier to gather up now and since the economy was shooting up, you should hopefully be able to move out of that apartment and get yourself a nice house soon over in New Egg. You walked into the theater and opened the main hall and saw the room in all its glory. And why what a hall it was. Rows upon rows of seats. A massive stage directly at the bottom. As a small-town kid, this was more than impressive. When you turned back down to the stage, you saw a man walk out and usher a few dancers together, and began to direct them.

The girls were all cute, one with the body of a dancer for certain. But then there was this one girl. Pink skin but still rather lovely. You were still admiring them as a hand was placed on your shoulder. You turned back and saw a blonde man in a suit.

Kaminari: You must be (Y/N), right?

(Y/N): Yes sir.

Kaminari: Well, my good sir, welcome to Broadway.

(Y/N): It's...big.

Kaminari: Ha ha! Indeed it is. Well then my friend, step right into my office and we can discuss your employment. And besides, we wouldn't want to distract the girls, now would we.

(Y/N): Valid point.

You looked down at the six dancers again as your new boss guided you away. The girl in pink skin slightly locked eyes with you as you were pushed away. You entered Kaminari's office and you sat down at his desk. He sat down across from you and together, you both discussed business.

The talks were small pace and very personable. Fortunately for you, he hired you on the spot. Your quick wit and business mindset made you the perfect candidate in his eyes. Which you mean...hey, got work. What more was needed? You smiled as you shook hands and he explained more details about the job.

Your goal was to ensure that the theater ran smoothly, efficiently, and with no major customer issues. Yeah, you were a PR guy, but hey, it wasn't so bad. As you two were talking, there was a slight knock on the door.

Kaminari: Come on in.

The door opened and that pink-haired/pink-skinned girl from before walked in. Unlike before, she was now out of her dancing clothes and into a sundress with a little hat on top of her head.

Kaminari: Ah, Ashido. What seems to be the trouble?

Ashido: Biff. Who else. That scumbag got handsy with a few of the girls. Now he's threatening us to even go out and back to our homes.

Kaminari: Well, (Y/N), seems to me like you got yourself your first job here. I need you to write up a statement. This is the third time this week and I'm not standing for it.

(Y/N): On it, Boss.

You got up and quickly locked eyes with the girl now known as Ashido. You both looked at one another and she smiled slightly.

Ashido: So, you're the new PR guy, huh?

(Y/N): Yes, Ma'am.

Ashido: Mina. Not ma'am.

(Y/N): Right. Sorry. Yes, I'm the new guy.

Ashido: Well, you have fun with all that. I'm going home. Or at least I'll try to.

(Y/N): I could always walk you back?

The two of them looked at you confused.

(Y/N): If someone is threatening the girls, then someone should stay with them. And if this Biff guy tries to attack a PR manager, then it will be a waking nightmare for him.

Kaminari smirked as he leaned back in his chair.

Kaminari: And that kid, is why I'm paying you the big bucks.

(Y/N): Yes, sir.

You turned to Ashido and she smiled at you. She held her arm up and you wrapped your arm around hers. Together, the two of you walked out of the building and out into the streets of New York, New York. Like always in this city, the streets were jammed back and everyone was moving from someplace to another. You kept Ashido close to you as you continued to walk down the sidewalk.

Ashido: So, you new in town?

(Y/N): Relatively. I moved here about a week ago. Been living in the Chester Building a few blocks from here. Been looking for a job. When I heard they needed a write-down at the theater, I had to jump at it.

Ashido: Smart man.

(Y/N): And yourself?

Ashido: Been here half my life. My daddy left me a sum when he was killed in the war. Got myself a nice place just down from here. Penthouse. Figured I followed my dreams and start acting.

(Y/N): Well, this is the land of opportunity.

Ashido: Indeed it is.

You both laughed as you two continued onward towards her apartment. Once there, you were amazed by the size of it all. You looked around, spinning almost in our aw of it all. Ashido walked past you and gave you a wink as she went into the kitchen.

Ashido: Care for a drink? Vodka? Martinee?

(Y/N): Thought the government banned that stuff.

Ashido: If you know the right people, you can get anything you desire.

(Y/N): Good to know hard work and determination is out there as well.

Ashido: Oh, they are darling. Just not nearly as important.

Ashido walked past you with a drink in her hand. She placed it down onto the table and then walked over and opened the window. You moved over into her living room and glanced around at her all possessions. Over on a desk was an old typewriter. You moved over and looked at it as Ashdio turned back around.

Ashido: Oh, that's just my father's.

(Y/N): You write?

Ashido: Trying to is more like it. I'll be drafted, it's not as easy as it looks.

(Y/N): I could teach you. Give you some advice.

Ashido: How would a legal errand boy know about writing romance?

(Y/N): You're not the only one here who worked on a stage. I come from a small town. Plays were big there. I've seen plenty of scripts in my time. I can help you. Easily.

Ashido: You really think so?

(Y/N): I know so.

Ashido: Well then, Mr. Writer, show me.

You smiled as she walked over to the typewriter and sat down before it. You scanned over her work and smiled a little bit. Wasn't awful. Just needed some work on it a bit more before she could call it a day. You gave her tips for characters, improved dialogue. She really liked her lyrics for musical numbers, something you weren't the biggest fan of, but still, this was her work and you were going to help her with it.

As you continued to work more throughout the theater, you helped Ashido with her work. You were also one hell of a pr manager, easily able to blow off issues of the theater as more and more people began to rush to it. Kaminari was very pleased with your position, giving you a slight raise since then.

As for you and Ashido, you two were spending more time with one another. Honestly, it was rather lovely. You two would write, talk, explain and talk about the theater and work, go to parties. Hell, she got you to experience the joys of alcohol. As you two spent more time together, the more you began to feel for her. Eventually, you came over to her apartment one day, not to help her writing, but to kiss her and go on a lovely date.

You broke the kiss after a few seconds and looked her in the eyes. You gave her a smile and she returned it. You both leaned in and kiss once again.

Ashido: Ready tough guy.

(Y/N): You bet sweet cheeks.

Ashido smiled at you and pecked you again. Together you two paraded out of her apartment and out and about among the town. Boy, what a time to be alive. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 321 18
Sequel to "Speed of a Beast"
208K 3.4K 62
This story is discontinued ( I don't own rwby or any picture in this fanfiction)
36.8K 213 18
Title says it all folks ready for round 2
2.5K 241 93
read and find out