INTUITION | ๐๐’๐‡ โœ“

By jyuscent

[COMPLETE] A story where your boyfriend is your wingman. Time was like a ticking time bomb for Wu Jaehyun, a... More

PRUDENCE
OFFICIAL CAST
01 ยป bad habits
02 ยป drunken intuitions
03 ยป a favour
04 ยป false alibi
05 ยป catching up
06 ยป caught
07 ยป one night
08 ยป sweet lies, bitter promises
09 ยป staged
10 ยป the beginning
11 ยป teach her
12 ยป her hazel eyes
13 ยป premature enemies
14 ยป two down
15 ยป guilt
16 ยป a little more
17 ยป her golden memory
18 ยป crossroad
19 ยป maze of lies
20 ยป digging up their past
21 ยป unveiled yet hidden
22 ยป shattered once again
23 ยป his embrace
24 ยป a night together
25 ยป desperate
26 ยป unexpected plans
27 ยป misfits
28 ยป our memories
29 ยป undeserving
31 ยป wounded
32 ยป not again
33 ยป together, but alone
34 ยป man up
35 ยป one last time
36 ยป finally free
37 ยป harsh reality
38 ยป some company
39 ยป unlike himself
40 ยป the real victim
41 ยป midnight strolls
42 ยป wild fantasies
43 ยป a big deal
44 ยป scenery
45 ยป idle hours
46 ยป lustful kisses
47 ยป butterfly
48 ยป our closure
49 ยป stranded
50 ยป miracles happen
51 ยป a new beginning
52 ยป i think i will miss you
53 ยป happy ever after
54 ยป epilogue

30 ยป blooded relationships

1.5K 97 77
By jyuscent

"Don't ever think that everyone who leaves wants to."

⋆ • ⊱◦ ☾✩☽ ◦⊰ • ⋆

A hyperventilating doctor came into vision as soon as we entered Jaehyun's ward in the city hospital of Seoul, where Jaehyun had been admitted.

"Sunghoon—" Taehee, along with a fairly lean man on her heels, came running towards us as soon as we made our appearance in the corner of the lobby. Her eyes widened incredibly at my sight, probably shocked. All the while, I seriously had no energy to land a few karate punches at her for being the reason my boyfriend cheated on me.

She breathed in my irritated expression, gripping the situation more firmly, "Please follow," She bowed a little before she led the way.

The other guy, who had accompanied her, looked terribly troubled even after having his expression masked. He gave Sunghoon a short nod and I couldn't help but think back if the pair knew each other already.

Well, it wasn't even that of an impossible case after it turned out that Taehee and Sunghoon knew each other. A feeling of betrayal had almost immediately dawned upon me, but I had more trivial matters in hand to care about other stupid things.

"Dr. Sim here," She briefly motioned towards the guy, "Will carry on the procedures for filling in Jaehyun's hospital papers."

"What is happening?" I gripped Sunghoon's wrist, "Please, I'm so confused," My voice laced with desperation to get a clearer view of things around me made Sunghoon drown a little more into the pool of guilt.

"Come," Sunghoon gently took my hand off his wrist, and his large one gripped mine tightly. Taehee's eyes immediately flickered at the sight, at the softness he had for the other woman, his touch delicate and movements precise, "Jake, please lead the way." He beckoned Dr. Sim to lead the way to Jaehyun's ward.

The said doctor immediately nodded, passing a quick look of apprehension to Taehee, whom I assumed to be another doctor here, before we started walking further into the lobby of the clean hospital.

Even though the said place was clean, there was still a lingering smell of medicines, making me scrunch my nose, an awful reminder as to why I hated hospitals.

"He's asleep." Dr. Sim spoke before gently pushing open the door. My breath was instantly punched out of my lungs as I saw his pale body buried inside the sheets, numerous machines connecting his nasal passage, drip inserted near his wrist and the machines gave out regular beeps.

A whimper was suppressed as I shook off Sunghoon's grip from my wrist, making my way towards Jaehyun. Tears prickled my waterline, remembering how I had slapped him not too long ago.

I crept my hand forwards, biting my lower lip in order to stay strong. His hand was cold. It didn't have the warmth like always, it looked pale and lifeless, even though he was breathing peacefully.

Sunghoon watched me entwine my hand with Jaehyun's larger one, a whole tsunami on emotions wanting to break free from his system. He looked away, not in jealousy, but in guilt. It was all too painful for him than it was for anyone else.

Jealousy wasn't even an option here. He didn't deserve to be jealous after what he had done.

He had drowned every bit of his senses in friendship. He had drowned himself in guilt the moment he had given into Jaehyun's little act of making Areum hate him. But did anyone look at it from his perspective? The glossy eyes of Wu Jaehyun, begging him to keep the truth inside, his words coming as whimpers, broken and desperate, it wasn't easy for him.

Life was never an easy one for Park Sunghoon.

"Sign here.." Jaeyun passed a paper file towards Sunghoon, his eyes examining my every movement, "She's the one?" He whispered to Sunghoon, who did nothing but reply with a short, firm nod before scratching his signature over the crisp paper.

He was about to hand the file back to Jaeyun before it was snatched away from his grip. He looked up in shock, finding Areum flip through the pages of Jaehyun's hospital folder.

"Areum, no—" He exclaimed in fright, but I was quick to pass him a glare, shutting his system down and drowning every last bit of protest inside him.

"Blood clotting?" I read out aloud, looking up in disbelief, "What is happening?" I panicked, "What is all this?" I asked again, going as far as raising my voice a little, "Will he be okay?"

"Maybe," His firm voice came out as the three of us snapped our heads towards the now awake patient, "It's just a tissue damage."

Stab. The words came out icy and cold, pickled with distaste from his mouth as if my presence were to be a mere bother to him, but wasn't I supposed to feel that? Wasn't I supposed to have a upper hand in us?

"Why didn't you tell me—"

"Would doing so stop you from slapping me the other night?" He looked sharply in my eye, his aura so bitter as if he wasn't laying lifeless on the bedsheets minutes ago.

"Jaehyun, stop this—" Sunghoon intervened, pleading the younger to stop with his act. Areum was still too dense to notice, it would only end up messing up things beyond extent.

"I slapped you because you cheated on me—" I yelled, tears now prominent in my eyes, "This has got nothing to do with your health!"

"Do something," Jaeyun hissed into Sunghoon's ear, wanting the man to put his worries into play, "Before it gets out of hand."

"Areum—"

"You were in on this, weren't you?" I turned towards Sunghoon, whose eyes grew big by every passing second. He looked down at my accusing finger pointed at him, jabbing at his chest.

He couldn't speak anything now. Not when she was overpowering him, not when he peeked at her teary eyes. Tears that had formed because of him.

"All men are liars," I hissed when I got nothing but silence as a response, "You never fucking cared about my feelings, did you?"

Sunghoon looked up in pure surprise, immediately shaking his head, earning a scoff from me.

"My feelings aren't a toy." I whispered to Sunghoon before turning on my heels, not wanting to look at his beautiful face morph in pure sorrow.

It was a lie. Whatever she said was all a lie. They two cared for her too much for themselves to even know.

Jaehyun finally got what what he wanted. But at the cost of what? Sunghoon and Areum's bond was no more. He didn't want things to turn out this way, he wanted her to find warmth in his friend's embrace. He didn't want her to detach herself from both of them.
He got what his mind wanted, not what his heart wanted.

Soaked in guilt, Jaehyun didn't interpret what she just said. But Sunghoon did.

A light he dreaded to see was finally visible to him, but fortune was tragic, he couldn't reach it and embrace it.

Areum had finally reciprocated his feelings, and look how lovely gift of betrayal he gave her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.7K 2.7K 45
A sunsun, sunjay au where sunoo and sunghoon is in relationship for a year only to find out that sunghoon cheated on him. To make things worst, his...
145K 6.7K 42
โ you're beautiful, eunju ... and i'll make sure you know how beautiful you really are. โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ หŽหŠห— ๐—ฏ๐—ฎ๐—ฒ๐—ธ ๐—ฒ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ท๐˜‚ likes popula...
89.2K 5.3K 29
wherein hana tries to comprehend what went wrong with their relationship. ยฉ FLAUVIER 2021 ENHYPEN FANFIC ...
21.7K 1.1K 34
Things were supposed to get better once Sunoo admitted his feelings for Sunghoon. Instead, they've only gotten more complicated. There's still more t...