31 » wounded

"Goodbyes hurt when the story is not finished and the book has been closed."

⋆ • ⊱◦ ☾✩☽ ◦⊰ • ⋆

⋆ • ⊱◦ ☾✩☽ ◦⊰ • ⋆

Hurt. Pain. Anger. Sorrow. The words had lost now their meaning. Didn't they say too much of anything is null? Maybe that was why he felt numb. Jaehyun saw a lot of emotions flash through Sunghoon's eyes as he saw Areum leave.

The blue started kicking into Jaehyun's system, a huge wave of guilt and realisation that dawned upon him how he had fucked up everything. Not only for himself, but for the two other people as well.

A chill ran up his spine, watching the man across freeze. Sunghoon was still processing the facts. Or maybe he just wasn't ready to accept the facts yet.

"Sunghoon—"

"I ruined it.." He mumbled mindlessly, staring at the beeping instrument beside Jaehyun's bed. He watched how the beeping had increased, indicating how fast the patient's heart was beating. And it was fucking booming inside his rib-cage at that point.

Dr. Jaeyun was too shocked to even realise that he had his mouth wide open, eyes wide as saucers. Too much stress wasn't right for Jaehyun, but the current situation didn't help. He was hell bent on ruining his own health it seemed.

"Hoon—" Jaehyun called again, his voice breaking audibly.

"I ruined everything!" Sunghoon yelled out, making the other two males in the room flinch as his deep voice resonated inside the room. He was still blaming himself. Oh how he had now drowned himself in self-pity.

Jaehyun was afraid he'd probably shit his pants if Sunghoon weren't to look away. He was staring at the younger with such an intensity, that it almost made Jaehyun feel naked.

"I gave into your shit plan, Wu Jaehyun. You really thought you could break her trust that she had spent two years gathering?" He asked, his jaw clenched so tight, "Well let me clear up the fog for you. You didn't break the trust, you broke her heart! She still fucking trusted you!" Jaehyun could almost hear Sunghoon's teeth set grit, jawline highly prominent and sharp. Sharper than his intellect.

Jaehyun couldn't afford to meet the older's eyes. Sunghoon never shouted at him unless he was very pissed, but he looked fucking mad at that moment. Not because the plan broke his heart, but because it broke Areum's trust on them.

"Sunghoon, stress is the last thing Jaehyun needs right now," Dr. Sim worriedly interrupted, seeing how the youngest's black eyes had filled with tears, a sob threatening to break out any moment.