37 » harsh reality

"I spoke about you to the stars."

⋆ • ⊱◦ ☾✩☽ ◦⊰ • ⋆

⋆ • ⊱◦ ☾✩☽ ◦⊰ • ⋆

I fumbled with the lock to my and Jaehyun's apartment, my fingers trembling slightly. I really didn't know if it was because of the chilly weather or just anxiety of the events that had taken place in this apartment.

This place held a lot of memories, good and bad both. But they weren't worth losing or forgetting. It was the pain they held now that made me push them away.

That was why I was planning to move out, sell this apartment later maybe. I couldn't afford coming here without all those memories of Jaehyun and our time spent together playing in my mind like an endless reel.

Twisting the knob, I pushed open the wooden door— which was slightly jammed due to the humidity in the air— my hand darting to the wall to turn on the light switch.

"It's so messy," Sunghoon smiled at his friend's habit of not organising anything, taking the support of the wall as he removed his loafers.

"Just like I had left this place to be," I sighed, turning around to face Sunghoon, "I'll bring two suitcases, I can start emptying my stuff. Can you start with Jaehyun's clothes in the meantime?" I asked as Sunghoon quickly nodded, following me into the bedroom.

"There shouldn't be too much to pack for Jaehyun since we only need a little stuff," Sunghoon mumbled, helping me remove the luggage from the compartments. I nodded, looking at the messy bedsheets, Jae's clothes sprawled everywhere.

"This is going to take some time," I huffed, opening my cupboard, looking through my daily wear. Sunghoon's light chuckle behind me affirmed my statement.

⤜ ⬪ ⋄ ⬪ ⤛

"Areum.." Sunghoon called out, as I craned my neck behind to see him holding a diary. Jaehyun's diary. Sunghoon looked at me, his lips agape as he silently pointed at the diary.

Confused as to what he was saying, I got up and walked towards him, hopping over the piles of clothes in the way. I sat beside him on the floor, peering at the diary.

"He never let me touch that one," I mumbled, my hand darting out the dust the maroon cover of the book.

Sunghoon looked at it for a split second before flipping open the book. Diary entries, accounting each and every event of Jaehyun's life, came into view once after the other.

Each of them started with 'Dear Diary' and ended with a goodnight quote.

Once Sunghoon reached the middle of the book, a handful of pictures fell down on his lap. I reached out for them, looking through them.