07 » one night

"Just because I didn't react doesn't mean I didn't notice."

⋆ • ⊱◦ ☾✩☽ ◦⊰ • ⋆

⋆ • ⊱◦ ☾✩☽ ◦⊰ • ⋆

The sight of my boyfriend started blurring in front of me as I felt my eyes sting with tears. I squinted my eyes at the male, to make sure it wasn't some random stranger who replicated Jaehyun.

Tight-fisted jacket, baseball cap, combat boots and tattoos— It was Jaehyun.

Without sparing another second, I turned around and started walking in the other direction, away from him.

Sunghoon clenched his jaw as he saw at his best friend on the other side of the street, fire raging within the brown orbs of his as he took his time to imprint the figure of the female.

If only one thing were to be evident in Park Sunghoon's eyes, it would be hurt, and not anger. He closed his eyes for a brief second, inhaling deeply as a shudder passed down his spine under the warmth of his coat.
The next thing he knew, his feet were blindly taking him to catch up with Areum as he jogged his way towards her.

"You're not going back to his apartment, are you?" He asked, his voice soft and breathy, as I ran my hand over my cheeks harshly.

With my heels clicking with every step I took, I decelerated my speed seeing how Sunghoon had to jog by my side to keep the pace.

"No," I whispered as I halted, "Maybe I can stay at Juyeon's place." I mumbled whilst fishing for my phone. Sunghoon watched patiently as his eyes traced every movement of mine.

An incoming call halted me from dialling Juyeon's number.
"Hello, Ju?"

"Can't come with you, Areum. Meet you tomorrow. Sorry, I'll tell everything to you tomorrow, love. Bye!"

And just like that, before I could reply, he hung up.

I groaned in disappointment as Sunghoon cocked up an eyebrow, unaware of Juyeon's blatant denial. I slowly shook my head, embarrassed. Where was I even going tonight?

"Come with me. I live alone anyways."

I looked up, wide-eyed as I furrowed my eyebrows, unsure if I heard him right. He gave a short nod, confirming my doubts.

I chewed my lip in thought. It was just a matter of one night and it was anyways better than renting a hotel room for the night or crashing at Juyeon's place and ruining whatsoever plans he had.

"Okay." I softly added. He smiled before taking out his car keys from his pant pocket, motioning me to follow him.

We walked till the end of the street, it being the only place available for Sunghoon to park his car. I gaped at the black Maserati in front of me. Sleek polished surface, golden logo embroidered in the front, black filmed windows as the car gave out a royal beep, its flashlights momentarily lighting up with white bulbs.

He opened the door for me, pulling me from my trance as I abruptly closed my mouth, seating myself inside the car. He closed the door as I saw him walk towards the driver's seat. I ran my eyes all over the interior, not making it obvious as the golden-brown surface gave me chills.

⤜ ⬪ ⋄ ⬪ ⤛

"The couch—" Sunghoon pointed at the sofa in front of us, "—is where I'll sleep. You can sleep in my room." He said as he seated himself on the couch head.

"No, let me sleep on the couch—"

"The air conditioning doesn't work here. You won't be able to sleep." He said, a small smile hugging his lips.

Before I could argue further, the doorbell to Sunghoon's house ran. His eyes too widened, before he removed the pillow he had kept on his lap and got up to reach towards the door.

"Jay, what—"

"I had a petty argument with Yeona over the date of our wedding," The newcomer said as he picked up his shoes, having removed them in advance, and walked inside the apartment forcefully, "I'm crashing here tonight."

"What? No, you can't. We don't have enough space here tonight. Shouldn't you have informed me before coming?" Sunghoon frowned as he crossed his hands.

"Well, I certainly didn't plan to have a fight with my fiancée," His brother barked at him before closing the door behind him. The uninvited guest, Jay, was looking between me and Sunghoon in confusion before a smirk broke out on his face in realisation.

"A new girlfriend? You want me to leave you two alone so you could bang—"

"Jay! She's just a friend!" Sunghoon yelled abruptly, seeing how my face had turned all red. "You cannot sleep here because my room will be occupied by her and the couch by me—"

"It's alright. I'll adjust myself beside you." Jay smiled, patting the younger's shoulder gently. Sunghoon contemplated for a moment, looking at me for assertion to which I simply nodded.

Unspoken apologies were shot my way by the two men before Jay decided to break the silence, "I'm Jay by the way," He said, "I'm Sunghoon's brother. And you must be..?"

"Areum, Byun Areum." I said, trying my best to put up a bright smile as Jay went blank. Totally blank.

"She's the one—?" He was abruptly cut off by Sunghoon, who pinched the elder's arm as Jay winced in pain, shooting a disgusting glare at his brother.
I squinted my eyes in suspicion at the sibling duo before something struck me out of the blue.

"Sunghoon, you haven't eaten yet, have you?" I asked, my eyebrows jumping up worryingly as I remembered that Sunghoon was heading to the restaurant before getting caught up with my shit.

We looked at Sunghoon, who slowly nodded, feeling his stomach growl in protest which made Jay chuckle.

"I haven't eaten anything either. Hold up," Jay raised his hand, "I'll make something. Park Special Dinner."