47 » butterfly

"I'm trying to remember you, and let you go at the same time."

⋆ • ⊱◦ ☾✩☽ ◦⊰ • ⋆

⋆ • ⊱◦ ☾✩☽ ◦⊰ • ⋆

"An adoption centre?" Jaehyun mumbled, squinting his eyes at the red building in front of him, "Hey, I'm too young to become a father, and too old to be put up for adoption, alright." He raised his both hands in surrender, backing off a little.

"Shut up, smartass," Sunghoon rolled his eyes at his friend, "It's not an adoption centre. It's a youth nursing home," He informed Jaehyun, pulling his friend near him with a swift tug of his arm. Taehee smiled, nodding her head as she looked at the huge gates of the building, beautiful and colourful potted plants adorning the porch.

"There she is!" I exclaimed as we all turned around to look at the figure who had just stepped outside the building. She squinted her eyes around the place before she caught sight of me. Jogging her way towards me with open arms and a bright smile, "Saeun!" I smiled, taking the old friend of mine in a hug.

"It's been very long!" Saeun stated the obvious, taking a look at my figure before letting out an impressed hoot, "And you haven't changed one bit!"

I laughed in response, before turning around to introduce her to my fellow mates, "Friend, meet them. That is Jaehyun, that's Sunghoon and that is Taehee." I watched as the three passed soft smiles towards Saeun in acknowledgement. Jaehyun tilted his head a little bit, drinking the newcomer's familiar visuals in. She had soft features, her eyes radiating warmth at him once they made an eye contact.

"Pleasure to meet you all, I'm Lee Saeun. I'm the chief manager of this nursing home," She said, earning a gasp of realisation from Jaehyun.

"Wait, isn't she Juyeon's sister?" He asked, his eyelids parted hugely in recognition. He could make out Juyeon's sharp facial features on her, the siblings seemed to be splitting images of each other. No wonder she looked familiar, Jaehyun looked at her, their eye contact lasting a little long.

"She indeed is," I grinned, watching as Jaehyun's face morphed into a smug smile, a knowing laugh escaping his lips. "And, she is the one who'll be showing us around the place today." I informed him, earning a humble reaction in response.

Saeun nodded, "Please come with me," She said, and to our surprise, Jaehyun was the first one to follow her way.

"He looks genuinely excited for today, doesn't he?" Sunghoon let out a soft laugh, watching as Jaehyun and Taehee crouched down together to look at the potted flowering plants at the porch, with Saeun informing them about the botany. "Good job, Areum."

"I hope this plan works out," I said, and Sunghoon wasn't very dense to notice the little jitteriness in my voice. He slung his arm around my shoulder, giving me an encouraging pat.