03 » a favour

"I have a thousand things to say to you, and a thousand reasons not to."

⋆ • ⊱◦ ☾✩☽ ◦⊰ • ⋆

⋆ • ⊱◦ ☾✩☽ ◦⊰ • ⋆

"Where are you?" I asked through the phone while watching the drizzle in front of me, as I sat on the steps of Jaehyun's door with a jacket over my head.

"I'm coming."

"Alright, but wher—" I groaned as he hung up the phone, not letting me speak.
"He might be in a hurry." I convinced myself as I watched the light drizzle slowly turn into a heavy downpour.

⤜ ⬪ ⋄ ⬪ ⤛

"There you are!" I exclaimed as he ran towards me with an umbrella over his head.

"I'm so sorry." He said as he handed me the umbrella, his hands digging inside his pockets to take out the house key.

"What took you so long?" I asked as I jerked the umbrella to remove the water droplets from it, folding it and sliding it into the umbrella stand by the door.

"I had stopped by a friend's house." He mumbled as I nodded.

"Sunghoon?" I asked as he turned to look at me for a fraction of second. Park Sunghoon was my boyfriend Jaehyun's best friend, and all of his alibis usually ended up at Sunghoon's place.

He nodded, "Sunghoon, yeah." He swallowed as he fumbled with the water jug.

I firmly took the jug from his hand, pouring him some water since he looked like he might drop the vesicle any second.

"There." I pressed the glass into his hands.

He smiled at me before he drank the water, as I watched his adam's apple bob up and down with each gulp.

"I'll have a shower really quick?" He asked after some time as I nodded with a small smile, making my way into the the room behind him to change into fresh clothes, since mine own were wet.

After I had changed my clothes and as soon as I heard the shower tap open, I rushed towards Jaehyun's phone, typing in the password.

"What the fuck—" My eyes widened as the screen showed that the password I had typed in was incorrect. I typed it in again, only to find the results same.

I was aghast knowing Jaehyun had changed his password. He always kept me informed of such things, it left a bitter taste in my mouth knowing I wasn't aware of this change.

I tried all possible combinations, sighing in relief as the phone finally unlocked after I typed in my birthdate.

The very moment, his phone beeped as a notification showed up. I furrowed my eyebrows at the unfamiliar name as my fingers tapped on the notification bar, opening the text message.

Taehee:
When do you want to meet up next? How does tomorrow at lunch sound?

My eyes squinted as I read the name I hadn't heard of before.

Who was she and why was Jaehyun meeting up with her behind my back?

I jumped the moment I heard the tap close from inside the bathroom, flinching as I hurriedly pressed the power button multiple times, tossing the phone back to where it was kept.

I hurried out of the room, into the kitchen while pretending to look around the shelves, humming along to some random tune I probably heard on the car radio the very day as I saw Jaehyun come out from the bathroom, drying his hair with a towel.

He picked up his phone the first thing, his eyes squinting in suspicion as he looked at me momentarily.

⤜ ⬪ ⋄ ⬪ ⤛

I softly patted Jaehyun's head, which was resting on my lap as he held on the blanket tightly, soft snores escaping his mouth. I watched as his chest moved rhythmically, his lips parted slightly while his eyebrows were knit together as if he was having a nightmare.

I smiled as I looked down at him, running my fingers through his soft, jet black hair.
I gripped his head as I lifted it up gently, getting up and placing a cushion underneath as I placed his head back firmly.

I kissed his forehead, his eyebrows parting as unconscious tranquility took over his face, before I tip-toed into the living room.

I dialled in the phone number, hearing to the ringing before the phone was picked up.

"Hello?" A deep voice spoke from across the line, slight annoyance hinting in his tone, probably for having been called late at night.

I hesitated for a second, clearing my throat abruptly as I spoke, "Sunghoon, it's Areum."

There was a moment of silence, probably him recalling who the fuck Areum was.

"Oh Areum? What do I owe you at this time?" He asked as I heard a commotion in his background.

"Can I ask for a favour? Can we meet up tomorrow?"

⤜ ⬪ ⋄ ⬪ ⤛

I jerked my handbag lightly, which was exposed to rain, as the droplets of water flew around.

In front of me was Park Sunghoon, as he ruffled his black hair, which were soaking wet, matching to his damp black shirt.
He felt my gaze on him as he turned towards me. He chuckled, "I didn't expect it to rain."

I laughed, "Guess I had luck." I said as I tossed my red umbrella into the stand by the door.

He motioned me towards a table for two by the window panel, as I followed.

Shortly after we had seated ourselves, a woman stepped up in front of us. White shirt rolled up till her elbows, first few buttons unbuttoned showing a hint of collarbone underneath, as the young woman casually flipped the pages of her blue notepad, a rather professional stance in her bait.

"Order?" She asked with a smile, one too wide for a customer she was meeting for the first time. But nonetheless, it made me want to reciprocate.

"Oh well hello to you too and we haven't looked through the menu yet," Sunghoon gritted out, forcing a smile over his lips. He reached out for the menu kept on the table, passing it on to me.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as the nameless restauranteur looked embarrassed, "Oh alright," She coughed away Sunghoon's rudeness, "Please look through the menu," She paused for a second, "And call me when you are done." She muttered out before leaving.

I looked flabbergasted as a chuckle left my mouth at the scene that just took place in front of me. They looked rather friendly, no way was it their first encounter.
"Don't mind that. She's my friend, Kim Suah. She runs this place." Sunghoon shook his head, "She has just started off, and is still new to the job so.."

I nodded in acknowledgment as I turned around to glance around at Suah, who was busy conversing with a colleague of hers. A pretty girl, young enough to be around my age. Fashion sense that screamed.. Lee Juyeon at me. And I blinked at the uncanny familiarity of her clothes before turning around back to Sunghoon, feeling a little flustered.