30 » blooded relationships

"Don't ever think that everyone who leaves wants to."

⋆ • ⊱◦ ☾✩☽ ◦⊰ • ⋆

⋆ • ⊱◦ ☾✩☽ ◦⊰ • ⋆

A hyperventilating doctor came into vision as soon as we entered Jaehyun's ward in the city hospital of Seoul, where Jaehyun had been admitted.

"Sunghoon—" Taehee, along with a fairly lean man on her heels, came running towards us as soon as we made our appearance in the corner of the lobby. Her eyes widened incredibly at my sight, probably shocked. All the while, I seriously had no energy to land a few karate punches at her for being the reason my boyfriend cheated on me.

She breathed in my irritated expression, gripping the situation more firmly, "Please follow," She bowed a little before she led the way.

The other guy, who had accompanied her, looked terribly troubled even after having his expression masked. He gave Sunghoon a short nod and I couldn't help but think back if the pair knew each other already.

Well, it wasn't even that of an impossible case after it turned out that Taehee and Sunghoon knew each other. A feeling of betrayal had almost immediately dawned upon me, but I had more trivial matters in hand to care about other stupid things.

"Dr. Sim here," She briefly motioned towards the guy, "Will carry on the procedures for filling in Jaehyun's hospital papers."

"What is happening?" I gripped Sunghoon's wrist, "Please, I'm so confused," My voice laced with desperation to get a clearer view of things around me made Sunghoon drown a little more into the pool of guilt.

"Come," Sunghoon gently took my hand off his wrist, and his large one gripped mine tightly. Taehee's eyes immediately flickered at the sight, at the softness he had for the other woman, his touch delicate and movements precise, "Jake, please lead the way." He beckoned Dr. Sim to lead the way to Jaehyun's ward.

The said doctor immediately nodded, passing a quick look of apprehension to Taehee, whom I assumed to be another doctor here, before we started walking further into the lobby of the clean hospital.

Even though the said place was clean, there was still a lingering smell of medicines, making me scrunch my nose, an awful reminder as to why I hated hospitals.

"He's asleep." Dr. Sim spoke before gently pushing open the door. My breath was instantly punched out of my lungs as I saw his pale body buried inside the sheets, numerous machines connecting his nasal passage, drip inserted near his wrist and the machines gave out regular beeps.

A whimper was suppressed as I shook off Sunghoon's grip from my wrist, making my way towards Jaehyun. Tears prickled my waterline, remembering how I had slapped him not too long ago.