Beyond Pokemon

By NasukraBTsuki

In the world of Pokemon, there are some adult situations the cartoon failed to touch on. Many fail to realize... More

Chapter 1. Big Brother Charizard.
Chapter 2. Showdown
Chapter 3. Unsatisfied
Chapter 4. No "I" in Team
Chapter 5. Gyarados
Chapter 6. Sail away.
Chapter 7. First Pokemon
Chapter 8. Lake 0
Chapter 9. What?!
Chapter 10. Mega-Evolution?
Chapter 11. Too Much
Chapter 12. Return to Sender
Chapter 13. Back on Track.
Chapter 14. These Boots
Chapter 15. Invasion of The Pokemon League
Chapter 16. First Steps.
Chapter 17. Disagreeable Situations
Chapter 18. Takes a Ghost to Catch a Ghost
Chapter 19. Kyla vs Chad
Chapter 20. Blare's Match.
Chapter 21. Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 22. David vs Hermit
Chapter 23. Tsunami
Chapter 24. David vs Kyla, The Final Battle
Beyond Pokemon/ Part 2/ Interlude/ Announcements and Q/A
Part 2, Chapter 1. The Return
Part 2, Chapter 2. Back to School
Part 2, Chapter 3. Lesson Plan 1, The Bully
Part 2, Chapter 4. Class Assignment
Part 2, Chapter 5. A Close Call/ A Reluctant Bandit
Part 2, Chapter 6. Search for Salvation.
Part 2, Chapter 7. Evaluation Day
Part 2, Chapter 8. Rebellious and Abandoned
Part 2, Chapter 9. When You Thought You Could Rest.
Part 2, Chapter 10. Rise of Moltres, Part 1.
Part 2, Chapter 11. Rise of Moltres, Part 2.
Part 2, Chapter 12. A Loyal Enemy, A Jealous Friend.
Part 2, Chapter 13. Offical Challenge, Part 1.
Part 2, Chapter 14. Offical Challenge, Part 2.
Part 2, Chapter 15. When In Oblivia
Part 2, Chapter 16. Uphill All The Way
Part 2, Chapter 17. Land Ahoy!
Part 2, Chapter 18. Professor Elm
Part 2, Chapter 19. The Rising Tides
Part 2, Chapter 20. The Violet Tower, part 1.
Part 2, Chapter 21. The Violet Tower, part 2.
Part 2, Chapter 22. Ruins of Alph.
Part 2, Chapter 23. Guardians of the Sky and Sea.
Part 2, Chapter 24. Blare's Shocking Discovery
Part 2, Chapter 25. Fire & Ice
Part 2, Chapter 26. Adding Gas to Fire
Part 2, Chapter 27. Family Bonds
Part 2, Chapter 28. A Night Under The Stars
Part 2, Chapter 29. Surf's Up On Love
Part 2, Chapter 30. Road to the Battle Tower
Part 2, Chapter 31. Registration Day.
Part 2, Chapter 32. Battle Tower, Bracket J.
Part 2, Chapter 33. The Pokemon Cafe
Part 2, Chapter 34. Casting the Net.
Part 2, Chapter 35. SPTU Investigation
Part 2, Chapter 36. Bracket G, Sue's debut
Part 2, Chapter 37. Respect Is Everything.
Part 2, Chapter 38. Bracket F.
Part 2, Chapter 39. Giga-Evolution
Part 2, Chapter 40. Next Level!
Part 2, Chapter 41. Bracket C, Blare Vs. Grace
Part 2, Chapter 43. Zoey's Truth.
Part 2, Chapter 44. Ark's Judgment
Part 2, Chapter 45. Bracket A, Mind & Muscel
Part 2, Chapter 46. Bracket A, Beauty & Brains
Part 2, Chapter 47. Hoss.

Part 2, Chapter 42. Bracket B, Ghost From The Past

21 1 1
By NasukraBTsuki

After a long tearful talk with Blare, David returned to his office to find a form waiting on his desk. The form is for Deanna's training budget.

David sighs unhappily. "I am going to miss being a teacher.." He sits back in his chair. "I was really hoping.. it would last forever!"

David reluctantly stamps the form with approval and places it in his outbox. Just before he begins going through more paperwork, his phone goes off.

He looks at a text that reads, "Babe.. How is Blare?!"

He smiles as he replies, "Much better, now that I have talked to her. However, after the tournament, she may focus on her doctor duties and breeding."

Moments later another text comes through. "I can understand that. It takes a strong stomach to even treat a Pokemon who is near death let alone be the cause of its pain. I hope she can forgive herself."

"I am sure she will.. eventually." David mutters to himself as he looks out a nearby window. His reflection stares back at him. "It took us a while.. didn't it?"

On the Bracket A ship, Kyla rolls over, looking at Chaz. "Are you going to stay out of your Pokeball again tonight?"

Chaz nods, handing her a bottle of Miltank's milk.

Kyla takes the bottle, her hands shaking as she brings it to her lips. She downs the bottle slowly. "I remember this helping more than this.."

Chaz grunts.

"I guess you are right.. The fresher the milk, the better it works." Kyla says with a yawn.

Chaz grunts back.

"Yes.. please do.." Kyla says as she drifts off to sleep.

Chaz smiles as he reaches into Kyla's backpack and pulls out Miltank's Pokeball. He releases her.

Miltank looks around curiously. Translations follow.

"Hello.. Chaz.. What can I do for you?" Miltank asks nervously.

Chaz holds up the empty bottle. "Kyla needs more milk, please." He replies with a blank expression.

Miltank looks around at the cabin. "Is.. there anywhere.. I can milk.. myself?"

Chaz shakes his head. "What you see is a cabin on a ship."

Miltank hesitantly takes the bottle and turns around. She slowly begins to fill the bottle before looking back, over her shoulder, at Chaz. "Would.. you mind.. closing your eyes?"

Chaz shrugs. "Whatever makes you feel better." Chaz turns away from her and closes his eyes.

"I am sorry to be a bother.." Miltank says calmer than before, as she fills the bottle. "I am.. just shy about milking." She finishes the bottle and sets it down. "Do you have any more bottles?"

Chaz turns and rummaging through the backpack. "Looks like we have three more." He says handing them to her.

Miltank looks up at him sadly. "I.. can only fill three total bottles a day."

Chaz smiles down at her. "Every little bit helps."

Miltank blushes as she turns back around, looking back at him to do the same.

Chaz chuckles knowingly as he turns around. "Kyla would be in really bad shape without you, Miltank. I can't tell you how much I appreciate that."

"No thanks are needed. It is really second nature to me. It is actually fulfilling to see that I have helped, even in some small way." Miltank says softly as she finishes the two bottles.

"You are an amazing help! Seriously!" Chaz replies happily.

Miltank turns and bows. "Thank you, Chaz!"

"You are welcome!" Chaz looks at Kyla. "I guess she can have another bottle in the morning, huh?"

Miltank nods. "Correct. She should not have too many at once. It may make it difficult for her to digest."

"I will make sure she takes it slow." Chaz replies.

The next day, Jordan meets Zoey and Debra in the middle of the 100th floor battlefield. The stands crowd quickly with spectators, including Kyla, Blare, and Sam. 

Debra looks at Zoey with unhidden disdain. 

"That chick looks like she is out for blood!" Sam comments with concern.

Blare glances up from a notebook before looking back down. "She is absolutely holding a grudge of some sort.."

Sam peeks over at the notebook curiously, seeing all manner of medical notes. "What are you doing, nerd?!" She asks jokingly.

"I am trying to unlock a new Eevee evolution through cross-breeding." Blare replies blankly.

Kyla is the next to peek at the notes. "A dragon type?"

Blare nods silently.

"How are you doing, Kyla?" Sam asks, trying to redirect the conversation.

"Actually a lot better! Chaz and Miltank have been caring for me!" Kyla replies with a smile. "Not really much to say, but let's just watch this match for now. I am very curious about that Zoey girl."

Back on the field...

"Okay, ladies, let's have a nice clean battle." Jordan says feeling the tension between them.

Zoey holds out her hand. "May the best trainer win!" She says forcing a smile.

Debra looks down at her hand and then back up at Zoey's eyes. "I am not shaking your hand!!" She growls. 

"Deb, please.. there is no need for this aggression towards me.." Zoey says sadly as she lowers her hand.

Debra moves closer to Zoey, whispering in her ear so Jordan can not hear. "You stole my friend's appearance, let her die, and now you have the nerve to tell me how to feel?! I will crush you!! When I am done, the whole world will know the murder you are!!" She then turns in a furious huff and marches to her side of the field.

Jordan looks at Zoey, a shocked expression now dawns her face. Tears slowly well up in her eyes as she clenches her fists.

"Is.. that really what you think?" Zoey mutters.

"Are.. you okay?" Jordan asks.

Zoey glances at him. "Yeah.. Let's do this. I have a point to hammer home!!" She growls as she retreats to her side of the field.

Jordan looks confused at the two trainers before keying up his radio. "How are we handling this match?"

Up in the announcer booth, Kate turns up her nose as David glances at her.

David sighs. "Sudden death match." He replies. "One Pokemon each, first one to be knocked out loses."

Jordan announces the conditions of the match, but Debra quickly protests.

"I object to these conditions!! That.. she should be made to show more effort!!" She shouts.

"You have already crushed my feeling, Deb.. What more do you want from me?!" Zoey rebuts sadly.

"I WANT you to beg on your knees for forgiveness!!" Debra snaps back.

Jordan glares at Debra. "Our ruling will stand. If you don't like it, there is the door."

Debra grits her teeth. "FINE!! I will.. submit.. to your ruling."

"Deb uses only Ghost-type Pokemon.. so I need to think of a solid strategy and fast!" Zoey thinks to herself. "She will likely throw out Gingy first.. I.. He will recognize me immediately, I am sure of it. I could never get a trick past him." Zoey shakes her head, clearing the fond memories. "I only have one shot to overpower him." She pulls out a Pokeball and stares at it for a moment. "It may not be a speed advantage, but she is my best shot at winning!"

"Are you done yet?!!" Debra exclaims.

Zoey looks at Jordan and nods.

"Oh.. you are going to ignore me now, huh?!!" Debra pulls a Pokeball out and holds it at the ready. "I will teach you!!"

Jordan groans before raising his arm. "BEGIN!" He shouts, quickly lowering his arm.

Zoey and Debra both throw their Pokeballs. Gardevoir and Gengar emerge and seem to instantly recognize each other.

"No time for friendliness, Garden Goddess! We are in a fight for our honor this time!" Zoey shouts.

"What would a grave robber know of honor?!!" Debra shouts back. "Gingy, we show no mercy!"

Gengar turns slightly and looks straight at Zoey. Zoey looks back into his eyes sadly. His eyes speak for themselves, no malicious of any kind, only fondness for an old friend. His eyes then turn back to GG, who seems to be motivated to battle. Gengar shrugs and takes a readied stance.

"LET'S GO! MEGA EVOLUTION!!" Zoey and Debra shout in unison as their Pokemon transform into their mega forms.

"Gingy, Shadow Ball!" Debra orders.

"GG, Moon Blast!" Zoey orders quickly.

The two attacks meet in the middle of the field, shadow and light dancing around each other. The two attacks explode with energy before disappearing. Once the attacks disapparate, GG is nowhere to be seen. Gingy looks around questioningly before being hit, from behind, with a Psyshock. Gingy turns but is once again hit, from behind, with Psyshock. Gingy growls angrily before sending out a Dark Pulse, which emerges from his body and spreads outwards. GG appears, between Gingy and Zoey, and uses Reflect to redirect the damage back to Gingy.

"Cheap, very cheap." Debra scoffs. "But that will not save you from what comes next!"

Gingy uses Imprison, trapping GG in a psychic gage. GG looks around at the gage, for a moment, before attempting a teleport, which fails. 

"Trapped, just like YOU are trapped, poser!!" Debra shouts at Zoey.

Zoey grits her teeth with her head down. "I am not a poser.. I am not a murder.." She looks up at Debra. "AND I AM NOT TRAPPED!! GG, LET'S TAKE THIS TO THE NEXT LEVEL!"

GG turns with a knowing nod.

Zoey holds her arm out to GG. "LET'S DO IT, GIGA EVOLUTION!!!"

One Ultra Ball glows on Zoey's side as her mega bracelet glows.

Zoey smiles. "Thank you, Celebi." She whispers.

GG glows a brilliant shade of pink as her body goes through the transformation, emerging in her new giga form.

"SO PRETTY!!!" Sam exclaims.

Blare glances up, but her eyes linger on the site. "Another.. Giga Evolution..?"

Kyla perks up. "Gardevior's Giga Evolution! I hope it is not for show.."

"I hate to do this to you, Gingy, but I know you will forgive me!" Zoey exclaims. "GG, Giga Beam!!!"

Kyla watches as Lugia's Pokeball begins shaking violently, on her side. She reaches down and picks it off her belt. "What is wrong with you?!"

The Pokeball continues to shake as GG charges up her Giga Beam.

Kyla's eyes dart between the Pokeball and GG. "GIRLS, GET DOWN!" She shouts as she opens Lugia's Pokeball.

Sam and Blare both duck down in the stands. Lugia emerges over the stadium quickly putting a barrier over the field.

David stands quickly. "JORDAN!!!"

As GG charges up her Giga Beam, she holds out her hands, teleporting Jordan, Debra, and Zoey outside the barrier.

Zoey quickly leaps back at the barrier, banging her fist on it. "DAMN IT, GG!! WE ARE A TEAM!!"

GG fires off her Giga Beam forcing Gingy back into the barrier. Lugia noticeable strains against the power, quickly tripling the thickness, of the barrier, as a precaution. 

"ENOUGH OF THIS FOOLISHNESS!!" Lugia roars. "POWER DRAIN!"

The energy of the Giga Beam begins to siphon out of the barrier into Lugia.

"If I can not contain your power, then I will take it.. FOR MYSELF!" Lugia roars again, his appearance changing as he absorbs the energy until finally all the energy is drained.

Lugia looks down at GG and Gingy, who had reverted back to their original forms. Gingy lays on the field, unable to move. Lugia seems to search the mind of GG, looking for any explanation for the problems between Zoey and Debra. He lowers the barrier, sensing that GG would not oppose his authority. 

"This is unheard of!!" Debra shouts angrily. "Another trainer's Pokemon has interrupted our match!! I demand they both should be disqualified!!"

Jordan begins to speak, but Lugia cuts him off, turning to Debra. "Had I not interfered, you, Zoey, Jordan, your Pokemon, and even some of the spectators might have died!!"

In a breezeway, Sue watches cautiously, trying hard not to be noticed by Lugia.

"I am one of the guardians of this region, and by my authority, alone, I intervened!!" Lugia continues with a sharp stare and growl to his voice.

David stands and begins to walk calmly out of the announcer booth.

"Where are you going?!" Kate asks.

"I will need to address this matter personally." David replies as he steps out.

Debra glares back at Lugia. "You have no right to interrupt the business of other trainers!!"

"When you both put lives at risk, over a misunderstanding.. I do!!" Lugia snaps back.

Debra points at Zoey. "This murder deserves much worse than you prevented!!"

Lugia points to Jordan. "This innocent man would have suffered for your ignorance. Zoey is not a murder." He replies calmer than before.

"YOU DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING!!" Debra shouts back, pulling a Pokeball from her belt.

"ENOUGH!!!" David shouts as he ventures onto the field. He looks at Jordan. "I am glad you are okay! Would you mind removing the spectators?"

Jordan glances around at the situation and then nods, turning to the spectators. "Ladies and Gentlemen, the Pokemon League is handling this situation. Please exit in an orderly fashion. We will announce our ruling shortly."

The spectators grumble and complain as they get up and slowly exit.

"Should we go too?" Sam asks.

Kyla nods. "I will have to answer for Lugia's actions, but you two are not involved."

Blare stares down at Gingy. "Gengar does not appear to be seriously injured so there is really no need for me to stick around." She then looks at Kyla. "I hope you do not get in much trouble."

Kyla shrugs. "I did let him out of his Pokeball, so I am to blame!"

Sam and Blare exit with the others as Kyla reluctantly makes her way down to the field.

Once all the spectators have left, David gathers the trainers on the field and has all, but Kyla, recall their Pokemon. "Let me get this straight.. Debra, you believe Zoey, here, to be a murder?!"

Debra points at Zoey. "This.. thing.. is not Zoey! Zoey has been dead for over two years now!"

David looks at Zoey, who is looking sadly at the ground. "Do you have anything to say in your defense?"

Zoey glances up, meeting David's eyes for only a moment. "I.. am not a.. murder, sir.."

David looks at Jordan. "Begin research to confirm this claim."

"That will not be necessary. I was the one who paid for her burial." Debra replies, pulling documents from her backpack. "Here is her death certificate, receipts from the funeral, and documentation on the release of all her Pokemon."

David takes the documents from her and begins looking through them. Once done, he looks at Zoey. "Young lady, I am afraid you may be in a lot of trouble. I am going to need you to submit to detainment and inquiry."

Zoey sadly holds out her hands. "I.. understand.. I will comply."

David calls Sparks to the field to detain Zoey. Once Zoey has left with Sparks, David turns to Kyla, Lugia, and Debra. "Now for the other matter. Kyla, what happened?"

"Lugia began shaking in his Pokeball, I determined he was reacting to the Giga Beam, so I let him out so he could protect everyone." Kyla replies.

"So you admit you interrupted our match!" Debra exclaims harshly.

David turns to Lugia. "In your opinion, had you not stepped in, what would have happened?"

Lugia looks David straight in the eye. "Zoey, Debra, and Jordan would have died. Also, many of the nearby spectators would have been killed or injured."

David looks at Debra next. "There you have it, Lugia saved your life."

"But..."

David steps closer. "You either thank the nice legendary Pokemon, or I put in my report that you hold no consideration for other's lives and should not continue to battle here." He growls.

Debra straightens up quickly and slowly turns to Lugia. She then bows. "Thank you for saving my life and everyone else's lives!"

Lugia chuckles. "You are welcome!"

Debra then turns back to David. "What shall I do in the meantime?"

"Return to Bracket B's ship. We will contact you when we are finished." David orders.

Debra nods and quickly leaves.

David gives a long sigh of relief. "Sweety, you and Lugia just barely got by with that one!"

"I know.. But we could just stand by either!" Kyla replies looking up at Lugia.

"It is my duty as a guardian." Lugia adds.

David looks blankly at Lugia's new appearance. "So what of this transformation? Is this like your mega form?"

Lugia looks himself over. "I.. am not sure what you would call it. I absorbed the Giga Beam and the two Pokemons' mega energy."

"So it is like an advanced legendary evolution!" Kyla chuckles.

"How long will you stay like that?" David asks.

Lugia shrugs. "I imagine until I use up the excess energy."

David and Kyla look at each other with concern.

"That might take a while." Kyla comments.

David nods. "But until then you are our best defense against our second suspect."

Lugia nods confidently. "I have no doubt that mysterious suspect would no dare cross me, at the moment."

Sue slowly backs out of the breezeway and completely leaves the arena.

"We need to do something. These Giga Evolutions are proving to be a threat to our trainers and spectators. If this continues, the next evolution might bring the whole battle tower crashing down around us!" David says worriedly.

Kyla nods. "Perhaps it is time to relocate to the ship and televise the rest!"

"I was thinking the same thing. Worst case the ship sinks." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.7K 775 15
Exactly what it says on the box. you're [Y/N], a 16 year old who moved to Sinnoh from Unova when you were 5, befriending Cynthia from a young age. Yo...
27.3K 1.2K 63
[Will be edited eventually] I couldn't wait to go on a journey and become Champion of Johto. It would've been a dream come true, achieving a goal som...
2.2K 55 22
The world of Pokémon is not as beautiful as you may imagine. Getting electrocuted by a Pichu is not something you can just laugh off. Being hit dead...
376 7 5
Remake of the original MSA. Book one of the "Adventure!" Series. Maverick, his sister Rika, and their friends embark on a life changing journey thro...