Resisting the Alpha

By AlexusXOXO

When Ellie was just 13 years old, her father died in a rogue attack, her mother couldn't bear the pain of los... More

Resisting the Alpha
Disclaimer:
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen: Resisting the Mother-In-Law
Chapter Seventeen: Resisting the Early Morning Training
Chapter Eighteen: Resisting the Female Beta
Chapter Nineteen: Resisting The Feelings Talk
Chapter Twenty: Resisting The Urge to Disappoint Her Mate
Chapter Twenty-One: Resisting the Need of Her mate
Chapter Twenty-Two: Resisting the Possibility of Being In Love
Chapter Twenty-Three: Resisting the Chance of Letting Anything Get In the Way
Chapter Twenty-Four: Resisting the Fake Smiles
Chapter Twenty-Five: Resisting Everyone's Idea Of Perfection
Chapter Twenty-Six: Resisting the Hidden Secrets of a Dead Man
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Resisting the Urge to be Nice
Epilogue
CLOSING STATEMENTS
Old Book Covers

Chapter Eight

12.3K 323 25
By AlexusXOXO

Chapter Eight

ALPHA NOAH

After destroying the whole entire house, I found Ellie in the dining room crying on the floor. After watching her for ten more minutes I couldn't take it anymore and left her there as I locked myself in my office. I was afraid of stopping her from her wrath, in fear that it could make things worse. Hiding in my office was torture, I was afraid she was gonna hurt herself, or possibly try to run away again. But at the same time, I knew she needed to get whatever this was out of her system.

"Ellie." She looked up at me and I couldn't help but cringed at the way she looked. Her hair was complete destroyed and tears stained her face. "Ellie-." Her cries interrupted me. My wolf urged me to comfort our mate so I sat down next to her and rubbed her back. After a while, she had fallen asleep. Picking her up I carried her to her bedroom. Covering her up I went back to my office and dialed Ryan's number.

"What's up man?" He answered the phone.

"I need you to tell me about what happen to Ellie," I asked desperately through the phone. If she wouldn't tell me I knew I had no other choice but to go to Ryan.

He paused. "It's not my place to tell you this."

"Ryan I'm not fucking around I need to know." I angrily slammed my hand on my desk.

"What happened?"

"I marked her last night and then this morning she was-."

He cut me off. "You forced a mark on my cousin." He asked taken back.

"She was saying things and my wolf got upset," I explained. I knew forcing a mark on her was wrong but I couldn't bring myself to be mad about it. She was finally mine and no one could do anything about it.

"I'm gonna kick your ass when I see you." He threatens and I was sure he would keep that promise.

"Whatever." I brushed it off. "Just tell me."

"Her mother was a very independent she-wolf before she found her mate. Him being traditional he, of course, had different beliefs. She changed a lot to be with him and somewhere along the line she lost herself."

"So Ellie is afraid of losing herself by being my mate." I put it all together.

"Correct."

"What about her parents now." Now that I think about it Ellie had not once mentioned her parents to me.

"Her father died in the battle. Her mother couldn't live without him and ended up killing herself. Ellie saw the whole thing."

I ran my hands through my hair. Now that Ryan had told me about Ellie I finally could understand her better. The idea of having a mate had so much trauma behind it that she couldn't bare the idea of having one. If I let her go I don't know if she'll ever come back. But if I make her stay she'll resent me for the rest of our life. It was a lose-lose situation. "I'm gonna let her go."

"What?" He yelled through the phone. "You can't just give up on her just because she has issues."

"No. I'm gonna let her finished her travels. I don't want her to resent me in the future."

He sighed in the phone. "That's rough. If I was in the same situation I don't think, I'll ever let my mate do something like this."

"Then why did you let her do this in the first place," I growled. I know for a fact that if he had never let her leave in the first place then I wouldn't be in this position that I'm in now.

"She met you didn't she." He had a point. If he didn't let her leave I would have never met her, or it would of never happen this soon.

"She would have eventually forgotten about it and we would have eventually met." I reasoned.

"Ellie? Forget? Yea right." He answered skeptically.

I knew he was right I just didn't want to admit it. When Ellie wanted something she went after it and wouldn't stop until it was hers. There is no way that this would have gone another way.

<><>

The next morning, I had showered and changed into some clean clothes before making my way to the kitchen where Ellie was eating a bagel at the breakfast bar.

"Morning." She said as I was pulling myself a cup of coffee. She looked better but from her face, you could tell she spent a great amount of time crying. She had showered and change into a simple white dress.

"I talked to Ryan," I told her.

She looked up so fast that I was scared she caught whiplash. "What did he tell you?" She glared at me.

"It doesn't matter at this point." I took a deep gulp of my coffee. Buying time to make sure that I was making the right decision. "I've come to a decision. You may leave starting tomorrow at dawn, Ethan will be accompanying you."

"What? Where is this coming from?" She asked surprised by my sudden change in behavior. I too was shocked I didn't think I'll ever willingly let my mate leave my pack.

"I don't want you to resent me." I avoided eye contact.

She glared at me. "Ryan told you didn't he."

I ignored her question. "You should go pack."

"Don't start treating me-." I cut her off from her rant.

"I'm not. I'm just adjusting to the new situation. As much as it kills me I want you to be happy."

"Fine." She rolled her eyes. "But I go alone."

"The only way you'll be leaving is if Ethan accompanies you, or you could just not go. This isn't up for discussion."

"Fine. I'll go pack." She gritted out before stomping her way up the stairs. It baffled me that even though I was giving her what she wanted she still found a way to be mad about it.

I followed her up the stairs and watched her as she packed her things. I was trying to engrave everything about her in my mind. The way her eyebrows scrunched up when she was confused. The way she bit her lip when she was nervous. Even though she wasn't opening up to me as much as I wanted her too, I was figuring more and more about her as we spent time together.

"You guys can take the SUV and Ethan will have enough money to pay for whatever you want to do. Also, if you wouldn't mind I would love to come visit you every couple of weeks." I silently begged that she wouldn't object to this. My wolf hated this as much as I did and I knew that if I wasn't able to see her a few times out this short year I would go crazy out of my mind.

"Okay." She agreed. She pulled out her other suitcase and begin filling it with her clothes.

"Is Las Vegas your first stop?" I asked considering it was the place she was headed when I found her at the dinner.

"Yea, I think it will be. I always wanted to go there." She smiled. "My mom loved it there. She created these beautiful painting when she was out there." She began opening up to me. I took this as an opportunity to ask more question.

I walked so I was standing in front of her, "Can we talk about... your parents."

She sighed avoiding eye contact with me, "What do you want to know?"

"What happen?"

"I know Ryan already told you." She walked around me and continued placing stuff in her suitcase.

"Yes but I want to know it from your mouth."

"If you don't mind I rather not talk about that." She said after a few moment of silence.

"Fine. Since it's your last night how about we get dinner." I asked hopefully.

She hesitated. "I don't think that's a good idea considering I'm gonna be on the road the whole night." I nodded and left her to finished packing. I had tried to ignore the disappointment but me and my wolf couldn't help it. She had once again rejected us.

<><>

I hadn't been able to sleep the whole night, no matter how hard I tried. My wolf was angry that I had agreed to let her leave us. I tried to explain to him that it was for the best if we wanted our mate to be happy. He wasn't convinced and in result decided to ignore me.

At 5 a.m. I felt her wake up. As she showered I carried her bags to the bottom of the stairs near the door. About time she was done, I had fixed her and Ethan some food for the road plus some toast for breakfast.

"Thank you." She said when she notices the pack food and toast on the counter.

"You're welcome. While you eat I gonna have a word with Ethan." She nodded and I went outside with her bags where Ethan was busy loading up the car.

"Morning Alpha." He greeted me.

"I want you to keep an eye on her the whole time. Do not let her out of your sight. I mean it. Scope out every place before settling. If my mate is harm, I will kill you." I promised.

"Yes, Alpha." He bowed his head to show his respect.

Ethan was my Gamma, so I had no doubt he could take care of my mate. I didn't feel the need to go over the room situation or where his hand was not to go because I knew he wasn't looking for a death wish. Plus, Ethan has always shown his loyalty, after all, if he didn't I would have never agreed for him to go with my mate.

After I finished up with him I went back inside to have one final conversation with my mate.

One year isn't that long. Right?

Gamma Ethan

Sam Smith: Latch (Acoustic)

Check out my other stories...

The Human Mate

The Young She-Wolf

The Gift of the Moon Goddess 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

795K 21.1K 50
I'm falling for the Alpha... ... Book 1 |Highest ranking #1 in werewolf - October 18, 2022| Started : Feb. 28, 2017 Finished: May 9, 2017 I#1 in w...
2.3M 51.5K 30
BOOK ONE TO THE "Rejection Series" Ellie Martin had been harassed and ignored since the age of 13. She was once the child that always smiled, alwa...
5.1M 134K 37
Alpha Cross of the Macabre Pack was a ruthless killer. He was known for leaving pack after pack in a bloodbath with not a single survivor in sight. A...
5.9K 179 20
"Mate." they both whispered at the same time. Both. Two. I couldn't fight it either, "Mate." Came out of my mouth and my eyes glanced between the bro...