Young Mate (Wattys2016)

By alphakim

Original #1 Wolf Story on Quotev Lexi Stine is 15 years old, care free, and perfectly happy with her boyfrien... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 Edited Up To Here
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 &10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Sequel
Update

Chapter 23

9.7K 270 20
By alphakim

Nickolas

“Wake up Lexi. The meeting’s in an hour!” I hate to wake up my sleeping mate, but she has to attend her first meeting. This was sort of a practice for her; I didn’t invite every pack leader around but just some of our closer allies that Lexi would have to get along with. 

Lexi groans and gets up. She grabs some clothes from her closet and goes into the bathroom. I use the time and change into some dark jeans and a button up shirt. 

“Is this appropriate?” Lexi has emerged from the bathroom and stands drying her hair. She looks both beautiful and proper. I eagerly nod. 

“You’re beautiful.”

“Thanks. You’re not too bad yourself.” She opens the cage to release the birds. Today would be a long day and I’m sure Lexi doesn’t want them to be cooped up, like us. 

Together we leave our room and walk down to the first floor. A small buffet table of breakfast foods are set up outside the board room, where the meeting would take place. Lexi grabs a granola bar and juice pouch while I pick up a quick sandwich. 

Lexi

Inside the room, each couple is seated next to each other at the large, granite table surrounded with wooden armchairs. Charts and folders are lined up on the table along with notebooks and pens. Each couple talks privately to each other, most likely to pass the time. It makes me wonder how Nickolas felt when he went to these meetings alone. 

We all take our time to finish our breakfast before Nickolas starts the meeting. 

Remind me to bring a book or some music for the next meeting.

You got it. 

The meeting spent the first two hours discussing current pack matters. That meant going over current populations, new born wolves and new mates. It also meant calculating the deaths, whether by old age and health or by pack attacks.

A chart revealed that the number of deaths by attacks has steadily been increasing for a few months. There was no confirmation of a rogue pack from any Alpha. It was just endless, insignificant information. 

Another hour was spent discussing the treasury for all wolf packs. The human government in this country set aside a large amount of tax money for us; not that they knew about it because we had wolves on the inside doing it for us. Each pack would get a certain amount of money based on their population. 

Then we spent another three hours discussing news of packs from Europe. The biggest pack in the world was currently in Spain although' our place of origin is unspecific; we’re from Europe though.

I also learned that Nickolas spoke fluent Spanish, and so did several other wolves. I had been learning the language in school and was taken by it; the language itself was soft and fascinating. It was also somewhat close to French, Portuguese and Italian because of the Latin base. 

Nickolas was very serious throughout the meeting, as were the other Alphas. The Alfas however seemed occupied by their phones or nails. They didn’t seem to give a care about the meeting.

The only thing they ever did was comfort their mates during the very short bathroom breaks. 

“We only have one more matter to discuss.” Nickolas pulls my chair out so I can sit down.

“We have to take action. We cannot wait until they attack another pack.” Jonathan exclaims. 

“The moment we call an attack on them, they will strike back and we have no knowledge of them. We have no idea how big their pack is, if there even is one.” Another spoke out. This was the first time all day anyone was arguing with each other; I was interested.

“If word gets out to the world that there is a pack like this, every rogue will have the urge to try and join it and-.” Nickolas points out. 

“But waiting around to confirm it’s existence would give more time for them to organize.” Matteo interrupts.

The males all continue speaking out and interrupting each other. It was sort of entertaining; granted I’ve been keeping myself distracted with the cap of a pen for the last several hours. To be honest this whole situation couldn’t be solved today and would need some careful planning and timing.

So say something.

Maybe I will.

Open your mouth.

Fine.

“There are 195 packs throughout the planet.  Does anyone have the exact number of wolves?” I shouted to be heard. Everyone shut up and turned to face me.

“About 100,000 wolves.” 

“Do we have the number of rogue wolves from each pack?” 

“We can figure that out. But rogue wolves can also be born outside of packs.” Claire points out. She’s deciding to speak now.

“The chances of a baby being born alive as a rogue are extremely slim; almost all rogues are directly from packs. That number should give us an estimate of just how big that rogue pack could become.”

“Assuming the pack gets to be that big.” Jonathan mutters.

“Assuming worse comes to worse. Which will only happen if we refuse to take action now.” I reply.

“Which is why we need to hunt them out.” Matteo counters.

“Which would only anger them, which is risky to any one pack because we still don’t have numbers.”

“What exactly are you proposing Lexi?” Nickolas smiles at me and everyones eyes settle on me.

“All packs must agree to a treaty, to become allies. If a pack was to encounter the rogues, we have to pull all our resources to stop it then and there.”

“That could be arranged, at least for this country.”

“We have trackers, don’t we? Send a few out a double agents and see what they can discover from the rogues they meet. Have the existence confirmed and then take action.” I shrug. I thought it was pretty simple.

“We would be putting a few of our best wolves at risk!” Another male shouts out.

“Would you prefer putting every pack at risk? Or even your mate and children?” The same male looks at his mate sitting beside him; they’re a middle-aged couple and must have some pups at home.

“No.”

Minutes silently pass.

“Those in favor of her plan?” Nickolas raises his hand. Every other hand slowly raises.

“That’s settled. Jetsons Pack, do you agree to confirm the numbers?” Nickolas asks.

“We’ll have them by the next meeting.” 

“Then this meeting is now adjourned. Dinner and the party will be tonight at 7.” 

With that each couple stood up and left the room, retreating to their own guest rooms.

Nickolas

“Your plan sounds really great.” I kiss Lexi’s cheek. It’s true; her idea was simple and could fix this problem, if there really is a problem. 

“Thanks.” She sighs. She’s probably tired from that long meeting. Well I’m tired of not kissing her. She was attacked. She’s still my mate. She’s still upset about it. 

“Can we just relax until the party?” Lexi plops onto the couch. I sit down next to her.

“Sure, but it’s a formal party and we’d have to change our clothes.” Lexi nods and yawns.

“I think someone wants a nap.” I chuckle. She nods again. 

I pick her up and lay her onto the bed. She immediately snuggles into the pillows and sighs contently. I pause a moment to stare at her stretched out on our bed. She’s mine. Not a day goes by when I don’t think about taking the next steps with Lexi. 

I think of the feeling I’ll get when I sink my canines and incisors into her neck. I imagine her moans when I’ll make love to her, when I’m inside her. I picture her relaxing on the sofa or bed, with my hands touching her pregnant stomach. 

I turn back to the couch before my wolf tries to take over yet again. 

There are no words to describe my desire and lust for my mate.

Lexi

I step out of our room with Nickolas beside me and walk down to the first floor. This place actually has a ballroom which is supposed to be strictly reserved for Alpha parties.  

“Please try and be nice. This is going to be your first real time socializing with them. At least try to get to know them.” Nickolas speaks as we walk down. I manage to give him a single nod before entering the ballroom. 

There are more people here then there were at the meeting; Nickolas tells me that Betas, Deltas and even important Combatants can also be invited to joint for the dinner and offer protection to their Alphas.

Liam is also here; I wave at him but he just turns away and keeps walking. 

“Why is he ignoring me? What’d I do this time?” I ask myself out loud. 

“Don’t mind him; he’s searching the others for any trace of his mate.” Nickolas wraps his arm around my shoulders.

“Everyone here has a mate.” 

“Not everyone; some of the Betas and Deltas are mateless. Since Liam is a Beta, chances are his mate is also one, or born one. Her sibling or parent could be here, and so would a piece of her scent.” He explains. 

“Oh, I guess that makes sense.” I never thought about the trouble searching for a mate could cause. Liam was trying to be discreet about his searching and I noticed a few others were doing the same. 

“Not everyone is able to find their mate when they come of age.” Nickolas kisses my forehead. I bite my lip; I found my mate way before I came of age. I’ve already found my mate, it makes me wonder now.

“What happens to a wolf who hasn’t found their mate?” I ask him.

“Usually after the first year or two, a wolf will leave their pack, sent by the Alpha of course, on a journey to find their mate. Males leave in the winter and females leave in the summer to avoid missing a mate. They’ll get the chance to visit other packs and territories in hopes of finding their mate.”

“Why have I never seen any of these wolves? We also get them in our pack, right?” I ask.

“I have no interest in unmated males being anywhere near you, and same goes for me with females.” His voice has an undeniable trace of possessiveness. “A male could try and take advantage of you.”

I was born an Alpha. We’ve proved that I can defend myself, even from a full grown Alpha like Nickolas. I step away from him, annoyed that he’s questioning my ability to protect myself. What happened to me was in the past, before my wolf was even born. In just a little over a year I’d be fully mature.

“I’m getting some food.” It’s supposed to be dinner, but there are only large tables loaded with food on the sides. The center of the room is completely empty and music plays from the speakers in the corners. I guess people are supposed to be dancing. Not me. 

I turn and see Nickolas watching me. It’s one of the rare time we use our mind link. 

What did I do now?

Nothing, I’m just hungry.

I’m sorry for whatever I did. 

You didn’t do anything wrong.

All right, I’m going to go speak with some of the other guys. Try getting to know some of the Alfas. 

Fine. 

I grab a plate and walk by each table, picking up whatever looks good. I sit off to the side alone while eating and watch everyone. They all talk to each other as if they’ve known each other for years; I’m the oddball out.

A group of three ladies head towards the bathroom so I get up to make my effort of ‘socializing’ with them.

“Hello. What packs are you from?” I stand in front of them. I can’t remember them.

“I’m the Alfa of the Demtrius Pack and these are the mates of my Betas.” The lady gives me a tight smile.

“And you are?”

“Oh, I’m Alexandra, Lexi, future Alfa of the Devrend Pack.” But didn’t Nickolas introduce me to everyone yesterday? 

“Future Alfa?”

“Well, yeah. Nickolas is my mate but we haven’t…” I trail off, not sure of how to say it. Even after I become an Alpha at 18, I still need to be fully mated before becoming an official Alfa of a pack. 

“You refuse to mate with him?” The Betas mate looks at me in horror. 

“Not really refuse, it’s just, I’m kind of young compared to him.”

“I was about to say you are young. How old are you? 16?”

“Yes.”

“We know you’re 16 years old. And that you’re the youngest Alfa in the world. Or future Alfa. We know you were really Alpha born and that you have no parents.” The other Beta mate smirks.

“Uhh…how?”
“Lexi Stine, or Lexi Devrend, or whatever name you’re going by, you’re the hottest thing in pack gossip.”

“I am?” I am?

“Yeah, you are. You and your relationship with Nickolas.”

“Oh, that we’re not doing anything?” He is a 22 year old Alpha who has yet to mate.

“Well, that you’re not doing anything at least.”

“What do you mean ‘me’? He’s not doing anything either?”

“He’s 22 years old, honey. No male will wait that long.” 

“My mate hasn’t done anything with anyone. And he will not do so unless it’s with me, when I say so.” I grit my teeth. Nickolas is mine; no other female can ever touch him. 

“If you say so.” The three ladies give me fake smiles and walk back into the ballroom.

“You look pretty upset, Lexi.” I blond man stands in front of me.

“I am. I’m sorry, you are?”

“Matteo. Son of Alpha Ricardo of the Peisca Pack.” Ah, the 19 year old who was learning about his future job. 

“Upset about what?” I look at him; he’s tall and thin and has a look of interest on his pale face.

“Just some problems about my mate.” I sigh.

“Still not mated, huh?” I stare at him and let my jaw drop.

“Does everyone know about…that?”

“Pretty much. There’s also a lot of rumors about his not being faithful to you.”

“They’re all lies. Nickolas is mine.” I cross my arms in front of my chest.

“Well, they are understandable. A 22 year old man wants sex. I’m only 19 and I’ve wanted sex for the past 4 years.”

“Where’s your mate?” He should’ve found her a year ago.

“Don’t know. I was kind of hoping you were, until Nickolas introduced you as his.” I wrinkle my nose is disgust at his words. I only want my mate. Exactly, not…this. 

“I can still see your face, you know. But hey, at least I’m not letting any females near me.”

“Neither is Nickolas.” 

“Which is why he’s dancing with another woman inside the ballroom.” Matteo smirks and leaves.

Immediately I return into the ballroom and see Nickolas by the cocktails. Nickolas never drinks. 

“Why the hell are you drinking? And why the hell were you dancing with another female?” Nickolas looks surprised by me and puts his glass in my hand. Then he grabs my other hand and pulls me out of the ball room.

The glass in my hand doesn’t have an alcoholic oder, so I taste it; soda. 

“You know I never drink.” Nickolas assures me once we’re in our room.

“Did you dance with another female?” I confront him.

“Yes b-“

“You promised me you were waiting for me! You promised me you never did anything with anyone else! This is the first time I’m hosting a meeting with you and you dance with someone else?” I snap at him.

“Lexi. She was an elder. An eighty something-year-old lady.” And now I feel like an idiot. 

“Did you ever do anything with anyone? Even before you met me?” I ask. I just need to hear him say it.

“I kissed another girl when I was 12. I had a crush on a T.V actress when I was 15. I fell madly in love with you when I was 21. That’s all the history with females I have.” 

“You’ve never had a girlfriend?”

“No. And you’re technically not my girlfriend; we’re mates and ‘girlfriend’ is a human term. We’re mates.”

“Why all the suspicion of me with other females?” He asks me.

“Some people were telling me that you were…running around.”

“I promise you I wasn’t.” He leans down to kiss my forehead…again.

“Stop. I’m still mad at you.” I pull away.

“Why? I didn’t do anything.”

“That’s exactly it!” 

“I didn’t do anything?”

“No, you’re not doing anything!”

“Okay…I’m lost.”

“You’re not being with me the way I want you to be with me!”

“I thought you wanted to take things slow after you told me about that night!”

“I told you because I trust you and felt comfortable!”

“Comfortable?”

“Yes! Comfortable with you! I feel completely comfortable with you!” 

A moment of silence passes before Nickolas presses me against the wall and pushes his lips to mine. Yes! I want my mate! I begin kissing him furiously as his hands grip onto my waist. I wrap my arms around his large shoulders and he picks me up, holding me by my thighs. 

Nickolas carries me to our bed and lays me down before climbing over me. 

“I don’t want to mate yet.” I breath, he nods in response. I feel his hands leave my waist and they start running up and down my body. I let him do what he wants and make no effort to stop him. 

His hands touch my still dressed chest and hips. I let quiet moans escape as he keeps kissing me. His tongue enters my mouth and I wrap my legs around his torso. 

Nickolas separates to breathe.

“Is this what you wanted?” He smiles at me. 

I pull him closer to be and kiss his lips again. Seconds later I pull away. I’ve made up my mind.

“No.”

“No? What did you want?” I gaze into his dark eyes. I love him, I love my mate. I know he loves me and that he’s been waiting for me. I know he’ll continue to wait for me until I’m ready. But I’m ready for a little more now.

“I want you to mark me.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 9.5K 11
Avery Williams - a regular pack member. Trent Denver - the alpha. They don't get along, her being too hard-headed and him believing whatever he says...
256K 6.9K 27
~In a world full of mythical creatures and other terrifying beasts~ **MATURE CONTENT** Alpha Layton Bailey, the alpha of WinterMoor. He's ruthless a...
5.9K 336 24
Carly is a almost 16 year old dealing with teenage life while also having to deal with her over bearing mother who wants to mate her to a neighborin...
303K 9.6K 44
17 year old Scarlett Breigh has a pretty bad life. Her mate, is the alpha of her pack and does he hate her? Well she only got rejected and abused for...