Young Mate (Wattys2016)

By alphakim

Original #1 Wolf Story on Quotev Lexi Stine is 15 years old, care free, and perfectly happy with her boyfrien... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 Edited Up To Here
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 &10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Sequel
Update

Chapter 20

9K 259 15
By alphakim

Nickolas

The next several months were filled with nothing but happiness and peace. With Lexi calling me her mate, I felt more than satisfied. I started letting Lexi go to school alone, given she promised to text every hour, and I completed my pack work during the day. In the evenings we would play video games, take walks or visit the village for dinner.

Weekends meant taking her to the lake or going into town. It also meant taking the birds out. The three chicks we found were now a pure white color and enjoyed flying around everywhere. Lexi had managed to train them and therefore let them fly in the forest.

The birds were too domesticated to every actually live in the wild and Lexi was their adoptive mother. She had named them when we found out that one was a female and the other two were males. Angel, Comet and Jet were their names.

They had gone from formula to eating seed and only stayed in their cage at night; during the day they were allowed full access wherever they pleased, per Lexi’s request. Lexi continued her training with me and was now paying every bill and often spoke during pack meetings. She was also great at calming me down when bad news were heard, like rogue attacks or pack fights, something only a mate can resolve.

Aaron visited our home every week, often more than once. He was still very close to Lexi and I was still a little jealous. But he was still becoming my good friend and I was sure he’d be a great Beta once he came of age. 

Over Christmas break, I took the next step and linked my mind with Lexi’s. The process was very simple; on the night of a full moon, we stood alone on top of a mountain and asked the Luna to formally tie us as mates. We now had a mind link set up between us. 

Once a wolf is admitted into a pack, usually once the wolf comes at age 13, a general link is combined with their mind and the entire pack shares a connection. Private connections can be asked for close friends, family members and of course, mates.

Lexi still has yet to say that she loves me, though I say it to her daily, but I knew she would one day. I knew one day she would also forgive her aunt and uncle; she talks to them, but still has yet to call them ‘aunt’ or ‘uncle’ or to talk further about her identity.

Lexi was 16 years old now and had learned to drive. Specifically learned to drive my car; it appears she is greatly attracted to my car. I don’t blame her though, who wouldn’t be.

Her 16th birthday called for a large party for the entire pack as well as some neighboring packs. Lexi was very well known for being my mate and news of her age became the trendy gossip.

It was becoming increasingly difficult to restrain myself around her, especially at night when she wore her sleeping clothes which consisted of shorts and tank tops and the door was locked. I know what I always want to do every night, but I find myself taking cold showers instead. 

Lexi seemed perfectly happy now and was very loving towards me. She consistently hugged me and kissed me and always spoke to me in a kind manner. Her spunk was still there and during arguments she pushed me to the couch. But I was happy nonetheless.

The one thing that was still terrible for her was that she would occasionally cry when left alone. Recall the time I left for a meeting almost a year ago and returned to find Lexi crying on the balcony. Similar events occurred every few months but she still refused to tell me. All I could really do was hold her in my arms and stay calm despite the fact that I wanted to do whatever I could to fix it.

She still refused to tell me. And so did Aaron.

“What time do you think the party should start?” Lexi asks me.

“Do you really want another party for my birthday? Last year I only showed up for about five minutes.” I would be turning 22 years old soon. Almost an entire year had passed since I found my mate. 

“Not really, but it’s your birthday. You had a huge party for me.” She shrugged.

“We were there to cut the cake, then we got…sidetracked.” I smirk, remembering how we both snuck out of the party and spent the entire night in our room together.

“Yeah, well maybe we shouldn’t get sidetracked this time.“ She was trying to hold her blush.

“Maybe we shouldn’t have a party.”

“It’s expected.”

“Maybe for the pack, But I want to spend my birthday the way I want.”

“Which would be…”

“You know that cabin we have at the mountains?” It was the same cabin we stayed at when we went up the mountain to be linked as mates.

“Yeah, we spent a night there.”
“Let’s spend a week there.”

“What about school?”

“You’re my mate, they can’t say anything.”

“What about the pack?”

“Liam will be a good Beta and so will the other two.” The other two being Aaron’s and Mikey’s dad.

Liam was recently promoted to Beta on his 18th birthday, but had not found his mate yet. He was very loyal and well suited to the task already. Seeing as he was dear to my mate, I treated him as a great friend. 

“A whole week?”

“Why not? I think we deserve some time completely for ourselves.”

“I guess that’d be fun.”

Lexi

“I won’t be here all of next week, can I have the assignments?” I spoke to my teacher at the start of class.

“Oh, right. You’re going on a…trip with the Alpha. He’s already spoken to me about it and you don’t have any work to take.” He remarked. 

“The other kids won’t be doing anything next week?” I was beyond confused.
“They will, but you don’t need to.” Wait, is he bowing his head slightly?

“And why not?” 

“The Alpha has made it clear that he doesn’t want either of you two to be disturbed by school work. “ Yeah, he’s bowing his head.

“Well I’m making it clear that I’m taking the work.”

“But the Alpha-“

“I’m his mate, and also an Alpha born. I don’t care what he’s said, but I’m taking the work, so please hand it over. If there are any problems, Nickolas will be talking to me about it, not you.” 

I wasn’t mad at my teacher, all wolves submit to their superiority, but Nickolas would put my education on hold for this trip? And does he mean by not wanting to be disturbed? Disturbed from what?

Nickolas

I had already taken some suitcases out of storage for this trip; we wouldn’t be gone long so just two would suffice. I was folding in my own clothes and pulled out some for Lexi. There was a small lake by the cabin that Lexi hadn’t seen yet so we would also be needing swimming suits. 

I was also playing father when packing up some seed and bedding for the birds; Lexi insisted we take them. She should be home very soon and we could probably be at the cabin in a few hours. My Betas knew what to do and I would be taking a satellite phone just in case of emergencies, not that anything would happen. 

I was just really eager to have a week alone with my mate.

Lexi

“Lexi?” I turned around and faced Marisa. I was on my way to the top floor to see Nickolas.

“Yeah?” I still avoided her as much as possible because I didn’t want to think of my history. Not yet anyway.

“You mind having a little chat with us?” Christina, Nickolas’s mother stood behind Marisa.

“Uh, sure.” They led me into an office on the second floor of the Alpha house.

“What’s up?”

“Nickolas has just informed the pack that you two would be taking off for a while.” Christina started.

“Yes. And?”

“And you both…want to go?” Marisa raises her eyebrow.

“Yeah, it’s for his birthday, and I love the cabin.”

“You two also went to the cabin a few weeks ago…”

“To link our minds.”

“I’m sorry, this is just all strange.” Christina crossed her arms.

“That I want to be alone with my mate?”

“That you’re going on a run.” Marisa threw her arms up. “You’re 16 years old! You shouldn’t have bred a child yet!”

“Hey, its okay that she’s mated! I just think that a run could actually harm the baby!”

The hell? They think I’m pregnant.

“Um, still a virgin here.” I gave a small wave. 

“But you’ve been my son’s mate for over a year.” Christina stared at me in confusion.

“Yeah, and I’m still a virgin.” I shrugged.

“What do you mean you’re not pregnant?” Harry, Nickolas’s father stormed into the room.

“Harry?”

“I was eavesdropping! Are you telling me my son hasn’t mated with you after all this time?”

“I don’t have a mark and my scent is still pure, so yeah.” I was annoyed at all the commotion about our relationship.

“But…the trip…”
“Is his birthday getaway.” I explained.

“Oh, so you guys’ll do it there! I get it.” Christina smiled.

“What! No we won’t! He’s not touching me, not for a long time.” I exclaim.

“Honey, he’s almost 22 years old, he needs to produce some heirs very soon.” Christina spoke in a clam voice. Well I wasn’t calm.

“Then he can go knock up some slut, because he’s not going to have sex me any time soon.”

“An Alpha needs their mate.” Marisa replied.

“I don’t care; he’s waiting.”

“I don’t just mean him, I mean you. You need Nickolas.”

“I will eventually.” I admit. It’s true, chances are my wolf would force me to be with him before I’m 20, even if it’s against my will.

“But he needs you now. His wolf must be making his life a living hell right now.” Harry spoke up. “An Alpha will not be able to concentrate or focus on everything else when his own mate isn’t with him.”

“I’m six year younger, humans don’t even consider our relationship legal. I have agreed to be his mate, but on my terms, with my own pace. I would expect you three to drop this matter and let me mate with him when I decide, or I’ll just postpone it further. I’ll see you in a week.” With that I stand up and leave, slamming the door behind me.

I’m almost to the top floor when my tears start hitting the floor. Oh, god. 

“Lexi? I’ve been packing all day! I have a lot of your stuff and my bag and the birds are already in the car and-“ His excitement crashes when he studies my face. When he sees the tears.

Automatically, he pull me into his chest and wraps his arms around me. He shushes gently and I start sobbing into his chest. Nickolas still doesn’t know why I have these moments but he doesn’t stop comforting me when I do. 

He picks me up gently and sets me down on our bed before he lays down beside me and continues hugging me. The pain from that night combined with the pain I know I’m causing Nickolas makes me cry out louder.

An hour later I’ve completely calmed down, Nickolas hasn’t spoken a single word.

“You want to leave? Or go another day?” His voice is concerned.

“Now.” 

“Okay.” He pecks my cheek and helps me up. 

Together, we quickly finish up my suitcase and zip it up. I change into some clothes since it’s really warm out. He carries my suitcase down and loads it into the truck. I don’t have to look to see all the faces peering out windows, wondering why we’re leaving. I sit in the passenger seat of his car and Nickolas pulls out. 

We drive by the village, where several people stand watching our car leave. They all have smiles on their faces, as if they know what’s going on between us; ignorant wolves. 

Nickolas stops by a pizza restaurant and comes out with a meat lovers. We are canine after all.

“Almost there.” He announces.

“I’m sorry.” I blurt out. 

“About what?” 

“Everything. For making your life hell in the beginning, for hating you, for almost rejecting you and for not mating you.” 

“Is that the problem? You upset because of all that? Lexi, I don’t care about what happened in the beginning, I was an asshole. I’m the one who threatened you that first night and tried forcing you to accept me.”

“And that mating part?” I shake my head. He hasn’t mentioned it.

“It’s not easy. But I promised you, my mate, that I would wait for her to mark and then to mate her.”

“Am I hurting you? Please be honest.” 

“My wolf wants nothing more than to mate with you, every minute of every day. I control him constantly but it can hurt to block out your wolf.”

“My own wolf also tries to make me mate with you.”

“I know. Both our wolves are some pretty horney mutts.”

“I’m still sorry for hurting you.”

“Then I’m sorry for being older than you. We can’t prevent these things, but we can work past them.” He smiles and takes my hand in his own. 

A few more minutes of silent driving and we park in front of the cabin. A beautiful, large cabin surrounded by woods and tress, miles from any other source of civilization. Nickolas and I will spend a week here, completely alone. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 336 24
Carly is a almost 16 year old dealing with teenage life while also having to deal with her over bearing mother who wants to mate her to a neighborin...
903 22 15
17 year old Alexis or Lexi as most call her is a normal teen girl just trying to get through her high school years without trouble. But when she find...
239K 5.2K 32
|Highest Ranking: 76 in Werewolf, 13/3/21 | After the murder of her parents, sentenced to live the rest of her life out as a rouge. What happens when...
40.4K 874 55
Mariah is a trauma nurse her life isn't always perfect, three years ago her mother died when she graduated University her father abandoned her and he...