My Client the Rockstar (Book...

By sbergeron16

I've been Steel Wolf's manager for years. I always managed to keep my personal life away from the band. Till... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53 (part one)
Author note
Chapter 53 (part 2)
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Authors Final Note
Steel Wolf Book 3

Chapter 32

660 30 2
By sbergeron16

Harper, Jack, Skylar, Vanessa and myself find ourselves on the outer edge watching the guys be over whelmed by the mob. This was not at all what I had been promised over the phone yesterday. The manager and owner had guaranteed no one would know we where here unless we wanted them to. The VIP section was completely going to be ours. I needed to find the manager and fast.

Ryder catches my eyes and frowns in my direction he too is not happy with the turn in events. I offer him a reassuring smile while I make my way to the bar. The bartender watches me approach with weary eyes. I'm sure my expression is anything, but pleasant. Being lied to is not something I take lightly.

"Can I help you," the bartender asks with a slight quiver in his voice. Bitchy Aubree is definitely out and ready to play.

"Manager now," I demand with narrowing my eyes. 

The bartender nods his head up and down quickly before rushing off to follow my instruction. I turn to rest my back against the bar while I wait keeping a close eyes on what was happening. Mason had a pained expression. Once again the poor guy was surrounded by people without any warning. Tray was trying to play buffer for him and slowly direct Mason to the edge of the crowd. If they get backed against the wall Mason is more than likely going to have a panic attack. 

Out of the corner of my eyes I catch Harper and Vanessa holding Skylar back and quickly seek to see the cause of her hostility. Doesn't take me long to see why. A few girls were clinging to Dimitri and pawing at him. One even reaches up to kiss his cheek. Dimitri's eyes keep shifting to Skylar. His express is like an open door. Dimitri is not at all pleased and concerned about Skylar. Ryder seems to be in the same boat. The  two of them continuously attempt to break away from the women pawing at them.

I need to stay in Aubree manager mode because if I was to slip into Aubree girlfriend mode nothing would be accomplished. Plus other then our core group no one knows Ryder and I are together, but then again by the way the women are treating Dimitri they don't care. 

The bartender and a new gentleman approach me. The new person has a sleazy smile and his face and I don't take to kindly to the way he want blatantly checking out my body. When they reach me the bartender returns to the bar and the gentleman stops before me.

"I was informed you wish to speak with me." He holds his hand out for me to take and for once in my life I contemplate not shaking someone's hand. I don't take kindly when people fuck with my family. "My name is Chris. I'm the manager."

My good manners with out when I take his hand. The feel of his skin against mine makes my skin crawl. "Aubree Parker. Steel Wolf's manager." 

He raises my hand to his lips and kisses the back of my hand. I snatch it back the moment I can. He eyes me as though I am presenting him with a challenge. I glace over my shoulder praying Ryder didn't see the exchange, but by the fire in his eyes he did. When he goes to shove his way through the crowd I shake my head stopping him. Ryder needs to remember yes I am his girlfriend, but I'm also his manager. This is not the first time I've been hit on like this and nor will it be the last. 

"Let me get you a drink and we can talk," Chris say's taking my elbow and turning me towards the bar. He nods to the bartender and drinks are soon placed before us. Chris picks up his and takes a drink where as I leave mine on the bar. I have no desire to take a drink offered by this prick. He's trying to play a game with me. Newsflash asshole I mastered this game many years ago.

I take a step back from him when he crowds my personal space. "I was promised the entire VIP section to ourselves with no one else here." I gesture to the room. "And as you can see that promise was not delivered." I take out my phone and snap some pictures wanting the evidence in case the bar tries to sue us when I cancel payment. A few videos end up on my phone when a time stamp and a location indicated. Over the years I've learned what a judge would need to see in order to throws cases like this one out the window.

"What are you doing," Chris asks yet again shifting closer to me and laying his hand on my arm.

"Collecting evidence." I state plainly continuing what I was doing.

He lets out a fake laugh. "Evidence," he asks in confusion. "for what. You asked for the VIP section and here you are. So what the owner and myself invited a few close friends."

More like people they knew would play good money for a chance to meet Steel Wolf. The club had more then enough time to get the word out Steel Wolf was coming here this evening to make a few more business deals.

I click away on my phone canceling payment to the club and once I'm done I slip my phone in my bra because I wouldn't put it past Chris to try and steal my phone from my purse. This way with the device tucked safely in my bra if he was to go after the evidence I can sue him for sexual assault. Like I said no one fucks with my family. 

I cross my arms in front of my chest and face off against Chris. "I just canceled payment for tonight."

"You can't do that," he sputters staring down his nose at me.

I step into his space and tilt my head to the side. "You breached contract. I'm well within my right to cancel payment." I tap my finger against my lips. "In fact I'll make sure everyone knows about the little stunt you pulled here. I highly doubt any more stars will reach out to your club."

Not waiting for his response I spin on my heels and head back over to Skylar and the others. "Skylar is there any where else you can think we can go." 

She thinks for a moment keeping her eyes on Dimitri and the women close to him. "The only way we are going to have peace is if we don't go anywhere public."

"We could go back to my parents place," Vanessa speaks up. "They are practically in the middle of no where. We can play music as easily as they do here and have a fire."

"Just have the limo driver stop at a liquor store and we can pick up drinks for the night," Harper adds.

"Sounds like a wonderful idea to me," I tell them with a smile. "Are you sure your parents won't mind Vanessa."

"Not at all," she says with a shrug. "I'll head to the limo now and give them a call." She walks out the door and the rest of us turn to the mess before us.

"Now how do we get them out of here," I pounder out loud. 

"Fire alarm?" Harper suggests. 

"No if we do that I will have an even bigger mess to clean up." I explain with a sigh.

"Oh hell no," Skylar screams and takes off running to the mob. I follow her line of sight to see a women pulling at Dimitri's shirt and trying to kiss on his neck. Skylar storms in like a hurricane and people quickly try to get out of her way and those who don't she runs right over them.

"Or apparently we only need a pissed of Skylar." Harper says with a laugh.

Skylar manages to place herself directly next to Dimitri and is shoving the women off him. They exchange some heated words. Skylar goes to lunge at her till Dimitri and Ryder hold her back and by their expressions they are struggling. My friend is out for blood. Wonder what was said. The crowd parts like the red sea. Ryder and Dimitri drag a pissed off Skyler through the crowd and past us.

"Going straight to the limo," Dimitri informs me. 

I watch while Lucan, Tray and Mason take the opportunity to make their escape as well. Harper, Jack and myself take up the end making sure no one sneaks past us. We all head directly to the limo and jump in.

"Drive," I yell to the drive.

"To where," he asks.

"We aren't sure yet please just drive till we can figure it out," I say in a rush wanting to get away from this place. He pulls  away from the curb and starts to drive. I slump against my seat and close my eyes.

"So that happened," Tray says breaking the silence. I open one eye to stare at him. "Can't win them all Aubree," he says with a shrug. "You've been on a roll for awhile so you were due a dud." 

I open both of my eyes and sit forward in my seat. Mason and Lucan scoot further away from Tray eyeing me with fright. They should be scared. "What was that Tray," I ask sounding as sweet as candy.

"Umm... nothing..." he stutters eyeing me panic and sitting back in his seat. 

"Aubree what's your secret to getting him to shit up," Dimitri questions. "I've tried everything and nothing I do works. You say a few words and bam silent Tray." I turn my gaze on Dimitri and a smile spreads across my face when he scoots further into his seat and slight behind Skylar. "I think I get it," he mutters.

Ryder slides his arm over my shoulder and kisses the side of my bed. "Have I told you laity how much I love you?"

"No," I say tweaking his nose. "And just because we are dating doesn't mean you will get away with shit." I smile sweetly at him and kiss him.

"My parents said we are good to go. Now we just need a liquor store," Vanessa informs us. 

The guys all yell their excitement. Someone accidently hits a button and music floods through the speakers. Soon I find myself in a middle of a dance party, but I would have this night turn out no other way. Sure we weren't tearing it up at a club, but this was so much better because we got to be ourselves with no one judging us. I've never felt so free before. Very seldom am I able to let loose and have fun. Usually I have to be the adult in the group and keep an eye on everyone.  

Ryder tells the drive to stop at the first liquor store he sees. We continue to enjoy our impromptu dance party. Soon the limo comes to a stop and driver lets us know we are there. He also offers to go in for us, but the guys decline. The parking lot isn't all that busy and they want to be able to brows for what they want.

I should be concerned about Steel Wolf getting more public exposure, but for once I only want them to have a normal night out. No reason to let what happened at the club dampen the rest of our evening. We exit the limo and head inside the store. When we first enter no one pays us any attention. Dimitri drags Skylar to their scotch selection. As she's trying to keep up with him she begs me to find something for us to drink for the night. Mason, Tray and Vanessa disappear to the beer section. Harper and Jake venture into wine country and I lose track of Lucan. 

"Aubree relax. They will be fine you don't need to keep an eyes on them every second of the day. They may act like children, but they really are adult and are capable of fending for themselves," Ryder says kissing the side of my head. He's right I need to loosen the reigns a little. Even if they get into some kind of trouble there are always ways to clean up the mess they create. 

I follow Ryder around the store while we try to figure out what we can make. The drink of choice end up being tequila sun rises. Ryder and I get everything we will need. A few whispers reach my ear when we trip over a group of guys getting drinks for the night. They are arguing over if Steel Wolf is really in the store or not. 

"Marco," Tray yells from somewhere in the building. A chorus of polo can be heard through out the store. Even Ryder joins into the silly game. "Marco," Tray calls again, but closer this time. 

"Polo," I hear again and find Tray coming around the corner towards us. 

"Caught you," Tray says tagging Ryder. "Now my minion you must help me capture the others." He rubs his hands together in glee and I have a funny feeling we are going to end up getting kicked out of the store. 

"No fucking way," a voice announces from the group of guys who where in a heated debate earlier. 

We all turn towards them and Tray exclaims, "yes fucking away." Then softer so only we can hear, "now what did I agree to."

"You're... You're Tray and Ryder from Steel Wolf," he stutters his way though. "My friends thought I was delusional for saying you were in the store." He calls his friends over and three guys join us in the aisle with mouth gaped open.

"As you can see your friend is not delusional," Tray affirms the guy.

Ryder positions himself closer to me and wraps a protective arm around me. He's not one to jump into conversation with fans unless they strike one up with him. He's more into looming in the background and observing. 

Tray strikes up a conversation and some how convinces them to play Marco Polo in the store. Soon enough Tray has just about everyone in the store engaged in a game of Marco Polo. No one has the ability to tell Tray Alard no. For once me included.

Oddly enough we have a great time. I put an end to the game ready to go to Vanessa's parents house for a fire. Mason and Tray complain like children being told to go to bed. We pay for our purchases and head out of the store. After the guys posed for a few pictures and signed some autographs. The people in the store were much more reserved then those at the club and th guys didn't mind interaction with their fans. 

We all pile into the limo and head to our next destination. The second the door closes beers have already been opened and the music turned back on. After we get to the house the guys work on getting a fire started. I will never understand men and their fascination with fire. Vanessa leads us into the house with our bags and I go about making tequila sun rises for all of us. 

Once I have the drinks made we head back out for a blazing fire. Vanessa stays inside along with Skylar to search out some blankets we can lay on the grass. The guys are all standing back staring proudly at the fire and commenting on how wonderful it is. Which of course we make fun of them for. Vanessa and Skylar return carrying their drinks and enough blankets for everyone.

Ryder grabs a blanket and lays it on the ground for us. He sits down first and drags me into his arms so my back is to his front. The other couples end up in a similar position including Tray and Vanessa. Mason offers to join Lucan on his blanket, but Lucan declines. 

We fall into easy conversation and enjoy the quite of the night. Pretty sure I caught Tray and Vanessa making out more than once. I cross my fingers in hopes they will make a go at a relationship. She seems like a great girl and already fits well into our group. Maybe he will be the next to fall. 

I snuggle deeper into Ryder's arms loving this moments with my family.    

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

788 112 20
▶ Kiana: For the past handful of years, hiding behind anonymous words suited me just fine. I could twist them, expressing myself, and know that peopl...
439K 28.6K 40
Logan and his bandmates had just finished with their concert and were on their way to the next location when they were in a horrible accident. Logan'...
210 7 21
The crowd was chanting so loud that they could be heard in the furthest lot, at the opposite end of the venue. The band hadn't even arrived yet, even...
9.4K 213 26
It's not worth it anymore. The fighting, the hurt, the beatings. It was never going to be worth it. But for love...well love makes you stupid. And I...