She's A Fake ~ IV | d.m.

By M4_Master

May 23. 2021 - June 14. 2021 ~ I don't want any trouble just want to write, so if any mistakes are made or if... More

Forewarning and Recap
1. Destruction And Recruiting
2. Mad Times
3. So-Called Trust
4. Wands And Robes
5. An Advantage
6. Quibblers
7. In The End
8. Slughorn
9. One Of Them
10. You're Lying
11. A What
12. Just A Snowball
13. How Peculiar
14. Dinner Party
15. Quidditch
16. Twice In One Day
17. Christmas Party
18. Fire Crazy
19. Right Through You
20. Dragon Scales
21. Sectumsempra
22. Condolences
23. Horcrux
25. Innocent
26. Tears
27. Trapped
28. Lessons
29. Thunder
30. Interruption
31. The Mission
32. Tensions High
33. Ducking Spells
34. Morning Sun
35. Brides And Wills
36. Wedding Bells
37. Escaping
38. No Way
39. Muffins And Pancakes
40. Regulus Black
41. Nurmengard Tower
Thank You
Fifth Book!!!

24. The Chimes

437 11 2
By M4_Master

(I like this song :))

I paced the hall before the Room of Requirement, and I waited for the time to be right.

Dumbledore had asked me again to accompany him and Harry, but I knew I couldn't. So, I waited for the bell to strike its twelfth chime before I took my cue.

~*~

I couldn't let Draco do this, it would destroy him.

~*~

I can't believe Riddle lied to me.

~*~

This isn't my first time, why is this so hard.

~*~

You're overthinking this, don't think, just do.

~*~

They'll never see it coming.

~*~

I stopped and faced the closet. I held my hands against the doors and performed the spell one last time.

"Harmonia Nectere Passus."

I smirked, turning, leaving the room but only just before I heard the cackles of none other than Bellatrix Lestrange.

~*~

In quick strides, I made my way to the Astronomy Tower and sat down, watching the stars, contemplating everything.

~*~

I listened silently before standing over the railing to look over the school. The moon was full and standing high in the sky. I leaned over the edge and let out a sigh of stress as I then sat over the ledge.

~*~

Draco's POV ~

There was another chime of the bell and a strike of pain in my side. It was to happen today and I needed to get out of here. I couldn't let Scarlett do this herself.

~*~

I sat up in the hospital bed looking around for Scarlett, but she was gone. Everett was laying comfortably on my lap but no one else was there.

I placed Everett on my shoulders and threw my legs over the edge trying to ignore the pain that was growing as I made my way to my room.

I quickly changed into an acceptable suit and grabbed the small bag that Scarlett had charmed. I placed Everett and his cage into the bag before making my way to the Room of Requirement.

~*~

Opening the doors, I was only shocked.

"Hello, love. I heard quidditch was going well, anyways, don't you have a job to do?" My aunt laughed and pushed me out of the room following me up the stairs to the Astronomy Tower with her helpers from a distance.

~*~

That was the last chime.

There was a crack of apparation in the air. Shutting the door behind me, I followed the stairs to the top coming face to face with Dumbledore.

And Scarlett.

Scar's POV ~

The last chime was soon to strike so I quickly stood and hid behind a wall as Dumbledore and Harry returned.

"We need to get you to the hospital wing, sir, to Madam Pomfrey."

There was a moment of struggle as Harry tried to hold up the headmaster as he was helping him sit down, "No. Severus. Severus is who I need. Wake him. Tell him what happened. Speak to no one else. Severus, Harry."

Harry nodded and turned to leave only to stop when he heard a door shut below.

Dumbledore stood and waved for Harry to leave, "Hide yourself below, Harry. Don't speak or be seen by anybody without my permission. Whatever happens, it's imperative you stay below. Harry, do as I say."

There was another moment of hesitation before he finally left, I already knew how to deal with Harry if things got out of hand, so I revealed myself.

"Dumbledore."

"Scarlett, dear, you must leave."

"Oh, I'm afraid I can't," I smirked and met the professor's eye.

~*~

The last chime.

"Scar?" I snapped my head to see Draco standing behind me with his wand raised at Dumbledore.

"Draco? Draco go. You have to go."

"No, this is my task! Not yours." He hissed but I raised my hand and he took a step back before facing Dumbledore.

"Good evening, Draco. What brings you here on this fine spring evening?" I rolled my eyes as Dumbledore spoke to Draco, "Have you been whispering to yourself, Draco?"

I looked down to see Harry watching through the cracks. He met my eye and scowled as I shook my head, smirking slightly.

"Draco... You are no assassin."

"How do you know what I am? I've done things that would shock you."

"Like cursing Katie Bell and hoping that in return she'd bear a cursed necklace to me? As much as you'd like to take credit, it wasn't you responsible for hurting her, but you know who did it."

Draco turned to me as I stood with a stern expression meeting his eye as he started to shake, with his wand in hand, "N- no..."

"Now replacing a bottle of mead with one laced with poison? That was clever but again it wasn't your choice, was it?"

Draco didn't remove his gaze from me as tears started to fall down his cheeks, "Wait, what?"

"Forgive me, Draco, but I cannot help feeling these actions are that your heart can't really have been in them."

"He trusts me. I was chosen!" Draco raised his sleeve and revealed the mark as I looked away, biting the inside of my cheek.

"And what of you, Miss Grindelwald? Why now? How- my dear, why?"

I scoffed and walked between him and Draco.

"All my life, I've had to hide who I was, because of what you said my uncle was. I'm over it. I want what I deserve."

"How have you gone so far? How did I never see?"

"Well, you see, old man, my uncle used to tell me a lot of things. But most importantly, he taught me to be nice first, because you can always be mean later. But once you've been mean to someone, they won't believe the nice. So I was nice, but now it's time to stop." I smirked and laughed, "So I can destroy them." {~Laurell K. Hamilton}

"Oh, my dear, I'm sorry you were alone and I'm sorry you had to hide but-"

"You made me hide! You scared me to death because of what you told me about my uncle. You made him a monster, and you've certainly made me one."

"You aren't a murderer."

"Sounds familiar, is that what you told Forrest Wood. When you had him spy on me." His face widened but I continued, "I'm persistent, remember? I notice things. You don't know who I am, you never did, no one does."

"Well, then, I shall make it easier for you," he raised his wand, and in a swift move, Draco disarmed the headmaster.

"Expelliarmus!"

The headmaster's wand flew from his hand and landed on the floor, rolling slightly.

The Elder Wand.

"Very good. Very well, Draco."

I smirked and we all turned to the door opening once more, "You're not alone. You never were," he peered to me before turning back to Draco and continuing, "There are others. How?"

"The vanishing cabinet in the Room of Requirement. I've been mending it."

"Let me guess, it has a sister. A twin."

"In Borgin and Burkes, they form a passage."

"Ingenious. Draco, years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."

I snickered and stifled a laugh, "Yes, we all know Riddle was the lucky one."

Dumbledore ignored me, "Please, let me help you."

"I don't want your help! Don't you understand? I have to do this," Draco was shaking and quivering as tears rolled down his face, "I have to kill you. Or he's going to kill me, kill her."

Confused, I turned to face the other end of Draco's wand aimed just an inch to the left, towards Dumbledore.

"What?"

"He said, he'd kill you. I couldn't let him kill you."

I scoffed and cursed under my breath, "He's not going to kill either of us Draco. I promise."

"Well, look what we have here." I turned, only to see a smiling Bellatrix, "Well done, Draco."

"Good evening, Bellatrix. I think introductions are in order, don't you?" Dumbledore stood calmly, hands folded before himself.

"Love to, Albus, but I'm afraid we're all on a bit of a tight schedule. Actually, why don't I introduce myself? Pleased to meet you, I'm Bella." She spoke as if it were obvious and I had given her the ability to change at will, so she did.

Both Draco and Dumbledore stood shocked and disheartened, "Scarlett, I thought your cousin was transferring?"

"Well, you see, not quite. My cousin, Annabella Duval, is still at Beauxbatons, safe and sound. No, that was Bella here, like she said."

"Enough of this, do it." Bellatrix had changed back and hissed at Draco who was still slightly confused.

"He doesn't have the stomach, just like his father. Let me finish him, in my own way." I snapped my head, meeting Greyback.

I grabbed my wand and held him at the end as he smirked, gnashing his teeth as he laughed, "Don't forget, girl. It's a full moon tonight."

I smirked and thought of a curse that made me smile, crucio.

He fell to his knees and howled in pain as I only growled, "That's for my parents."

"ENOUGH!" Bellatrix yelled as I lowered my wand, Greyback heavily heaving, "This is your moment, Draco. Do it. Go on, Draco. Now!"

He held up his wand, trying not to shake. He cried and was hesitating. I lowered my eyes and noticed another arriving.

"No."

Draco quickly moved, dropping his arm as we turned to face Snape. Dumbledore looked down where Harry was before looking up again, "Severus. Please."

Dumbledore looked at Snape, as the twinkle that he used to carry in eye his disappeared, with every bit of happiness that left him at that moment. There was an eery silence as everyone looked at Snape.

I dropped my head, before closing my eyes.

"Avada Kedavra."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.6K 2K 43
*FULL SERIES COMPLETE* This is book 7 of the Draco Malfoy Series. I highly recommend that you read books 1-6 before this one or much of it will make...
308K 8.8K 35
~ Year one ~ Warning: this is a journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, over and done with, I don't believe this is fo...
144K 4.3K 74
Y/n Alwyn, a pure blood witch. Born and raised in the small town of Drinea, muggle life, basic bullies, knows nothing of the wizard world. Well unti...
3.4K 65 42
A Draco Malfoy love story. š•“š–‘š–”š–œ š–›š–šš–—š–“ Before you read, I left this piece of...trash behind, but you can read it if you want to lovelies, stay...