Suddenly I'm a Villainess

By TypicallyAsianGal

Poppy Grey is a romance novel fanatic, so obsessed that all she ever does is read. For a girl whose eyes glow... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty

2.2K 72 4
By TypicallyAsianGal

Chapter twenty|| the long-anticipated date

" Oh, your back," I say to the priest who, once again, appeared in my dream. At this point I'm not even surprised,  " you know, sometimes it's hard to believe that this is a dream." I say sitting down on one of his chairs.

" you're a stupid kid," he goes.

Oh great, because that makes me so happy. Also isn't he supposed to be a priest? I don't think he's supposed to be saying stuff like that.

" The bad will come to you, young one. It will come no matter what you do. " What is that supposed to mean? That I'll die no matter what happens? Am I supposed to believe that?

 " It is trying to find its way to you, but all you have to do is live the way you want. It will pass. "

So to live, I just need to live the way I want to? I wonder what the bad this, Layla hasn't even appeared yet. When she appears, I wonder what Noah will think about her. 

Would he still be interested in me? Or would he leave me for her in a heartbeat? The thought of him leaving me dug a hole through my chest, maybe it would be right to break things off with him as soon as possible...

No, I'm overthinking things again. We don't know what'll happen yet, I can't just jump to conclusions but I still need to prepare for the worst. Nothing can change that.

" I hear you've got a date." He smirks how does he know? Suddenly a letter pops up on his desk.

It was the letter I sent to Rosie, how does he have it? I picked it up to verify its content and no matter how you look at it, it's mine. I looked at the priest who shrugged his shoulders. This is a dream so of course, it's here. Why wouldn't it be?

" This may be a dream, but I am an actual person with a conscious you know? Anyway, your date is on his way, I suggest you get ready." he flicks my forehead and everything turns dark, why does that actually hurt. 

Again with that priest. I keep seeing more after every day passes. The only thing that man does is call me names and point out my relatively obvious flaws. Like no shit sherlock. I slowly open my eyes it's so bright already.

Gosh, I just want to lay in my bed all day and not do anything. Just one day. All I ask is one day to myself, in my bed, procrastinating.

The maids burst into the room. They readied the bath and got my outfit ready. It's still so early I bet there's so much time left, even if we're a little behind schedule there's no need to rush.

 The maids scramble me out of bed by taking my blanket away from me. I really can't be bothered today.

" My lady his highness is almost here!" The maids gestured me to hurry up.

The maids carried on their tasks. I checked the clock that hung on the wall, oh my gosh it's this late already? That damn priest, he put me up to this. I quickly take a bath and thanks to the maids I get changed pretty fast, they even managed to plait my hair into a crown in time.

I heard footsteps that sounded just like Christian's from down the hall. It's a long shot but I'm he's probably coming to inform me that Noah was here. The girls aren't done with my makeup though! I feel like a natural look would have been better, but the makeup isn't too thick. I guess that's alright.

The girls finish everything just as Christian knocks on the door. He handed me a box and a letter that was from Noah. I wonder what this is for, but I guess we can start with opening the letter. 

Dear Leah, 

I apologise for what happened and I hope this makes up for some of it. The rest I'll make up for at our 'date'. I have thought long and hard about it so I hope you will receive it. 

From your Noah

'Your Noah' that's really cute. I opened the box inside was a beautiful dress and on top of it was a tiara and a rose. Everything seemed like it was made of gold, the dress was even tailored with diamonds in the shape of a rose.

" His highness is waiting downstairs," Christian said and gestured me to go.

I nodded and headed outside, Christian followed behind me. The butlers open the door revealing Noah in a casual village outfit. So he thought about the same thing Rosie did. I awkwardly walked towards him, why am I so nervous.

" Leah!" he said with a bright smile. 

The kind of smile that would leave anyone speechless. Judging by how he's cheerful, I don't think I hurt him back then. I still feel bad leaving like that, but I didn't know what to do; I was losing sight of everything of my goal.

" Noah," I say as he handed me a bouquet, he really prepared for this.

I looked behind and saw that he had brought a normal wooden carriage. I hadn't thought of that. I looked at the flowers that were actually red roses. Why are there so many roses today? I giggled to myself. 

" shall we get going?" he said and holds my hand; helped me inside the carriage, " I'm sorry I came with a shabby carriage but sin-" I interrupted him.

" It's fine," I say and he gets inside, the carriage starts to move and Noah initiated the conversations.

When we got to the village, it was bustling with people. That's right the summer solstice festival happens around this time of year. This must be the reason why he chose today of all day. Did he plan everything out beforehand?

The Summer Solstice celebrates the longest day of the year and the legend of Semima. The Saintess who brought light and warmth to a cold and barren land we now call the Salvatore Empire. This was centuries ago but people still believe in her legend.

Noah took me to a couple of stalls and I got to experience all kinds of foods. I even got to experience barbequing my own pork on a skewer and cheesy hotdogs again.

It did get a little burnt, I guess my cooking skills are a little rusty. Well not that I had any in the first place. Noah completely freaked out when the grill lit on fire, but it was all in good fun.

In the end, I had to eat my barbeque with a massive plaster on my wrist. Noah went a little overboard on the first aid, wrapped it with bandages at least 10 times. Eating was a bit uncomfortable but I enjoyed it, especially when Noah burned his barbeque a little too much.

" Leah, look." Noah holds my hand as he leads me towards the stage.

They were having a competition. The winner would win any prize they wanted from the selection pile, I looked over at the options and I saw the cutest human-sized teddy bear ever. its fur even looked soft. 

It was just so cute I kept looking at it the whole time without realising that Noah disappeared. I looked around and he was nowhere to be seen, he couldn't possibly be lost in the crowd right? I looked around relentlessly I must have seemed like a lost child to some people. But Noah was nowhere to be seen.

 The announcer comes back to the stage holding his microphone. He takes centre stage and clears his throat.

" The next round is an arm wrestle! Our new contenders are Bobby Shaw and Noah!" He announces and moves to the side. 

NOAH!?!?! He walked onto the stage confidently. Our eyes locked for a second. Why is he competing? I can't believe that's where he ran off to. Why is he even there? 

He sat down on his knees on a mat and his opponent Bobby Shaw did the same on the other side of the table. They gripped each other's hand tightly, it hasn't even started yet. Noah looked at me and winked, making my heart race. I'd hate to admit it but all day my heart had been racing. 

 I've been anxious about today for so long but I didn't expect to have fun. I didn't know I could be experiencing this much fun and it has nothing to do with reading! 

Everyone counts down from ten. 9,8,7,6... Noah was getting ready, his eyes were burning with passion. It was kind of funny to watch. Whatever is making him zealous, it's working.

" 3! 2! 1! " I shouted and immediately the two started to weigh over the other.

Noah gritted his teeth, he looked like he was struggling a little bit. His opponent was twice as big as him so no wonder why he must be having a hard time. I don't think he'll win this, it's very obvious. In terms of strength, Noah is definitely at a disadvantage. 

But Noah is still the male lead, he'll find a way to win. Right now all I can do is cheer for him.

" GO NOAH!!!" I screamed over the crowd.

Noah looked at me shocked but then smiled. In an instant Noah was overpowering Bobby Shaw, it was a sight to behold. Everyone started to cheer for Noah, people who placed a bid for Bobby Shaw were getting angry.

I continued to focus on the match, the fact that Noah was winning made me feel proud. Finally, Bobby gives in and Noah slams his hand into the wooden box breaking it in half. The crowd paused silently, Noah just did that.

Well, he definitely ended the match with a 'bang'. The audience started screaming for him, even I was shocked to see him win. The announcer walks back on stage with the teddy bear I was gawking at before. 

He hands it to Noah, " Our Winner everybody!!" He announces, with one last applause Noah walks off the stage.

He heads towards me and offers me the teddy bear. He knew I wanted the teddy bear? That's why he participated in the first place! He didn't need to go so far for me though. What if he had gotten injured 

" Thank you, " I beamed hugging the teddy bear, it was so big and soft, just as I thought it was.

We continued to walk around until the sun had set a little. It was golden hour. We stopped but a fountain and took a seat by the bench, the sky burned red and orange with a hint of blue. It was a scene straight out of a movie.

" Look, Leah. " He stops to turn me around and face him.

The atmosphere started to feel awkward, and there was this random tension going on between us, " Yes?"

" This may have been a few years a little late but I... " he paused for a breather, " I love you Leah and I'll always love you," he vowed.

His hands intertwine with mine and our eyes fond each other. His eyes were clear and firm, I could see myself in them, literally. I wonder if he can see himself in mine, by how hard he's staring he must be seeing into my soul already.

My heart started to explode and my chest felt heavy again. It wasn't as uncomfortable as it usually was. This time it felt lighter because I knew the reason for it. But is it really okay for me to feel this way? 

I suddenly remember the Priest's words, I just need to live the way I want to. Even Rosie mentioned the same thing. Maybe it is alright after all.

The story has also changed so much. It's almost safe to say that I don't need to follow the storyline of the novel anymore. I've also got a lot of people supporting me, and I've also captured the heart of the most wanted man in the Empire.

I guess it's time to move on. From now on I'm not going to care about the book, or what might happen in the future. Just like how 'Lost In wonderland the original', It's written the way I live my life. So from now on, I'm going to pave my own path to survival.

I gripped Noah's hands tightly. I started to break into a cold sweat. This is now or never Aleah, it's just three words. I gulped to keep my mouth from drying up. Oh my gosh, I'm so nervous, but I have to say it...

" I love you too!"

To Be Continued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2 5 20
Leviathan awoke, along with thousands of others, in Leifhelm- A land shrouded in mystery and ominous ploys. With his identity erased, he begins an ar...
25.2K 964 29
Olivia was your average 18 year old girl. Keyword, 𝙬𝙖𝙨, until she drowned in a lake and woke up in a crappy novel her friend recommended to her. ...
3.7K 609 34
A Fairytale Princess who has a penchant for getting into trouble. A Steampunk Inventor with a keen mind and mysterious origin. What will happen when...
546 51 8
Eunice Louisiana Alvarez, a 20 year old girl who had no friends even though she was already in senior high school. Her classmates prefer her as the n...