Monsters (Wanda Maximoff x ma...

By laserigneous

"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you. They will stumble... More

A/N, list of terms and playlist
Prologue: the Last Son of Krypton
Chapter One: Returning Home
Chapter Two: The Avengers
Chapter Three: New Recruits
Chapter Four: First Date
Chapter Five: Sitcoms
Chapter Six: First Mission
Chapter Seven: Second Date
Chapter Eight: Three little words
Chapter Nine: I Don't Know How
Chapter Ten: Flight
Chapter Eleven: Second Mission
Chapter Twelve: I'm Sorry
Chapter Thirteen: UFO
Chapter Fourteen: The Government
Chapter Fifteen: Zod
Chapter Sixteen: Wanda's Escape
Chapter Seventeen: World Engine
Chapter Eighteen: Battle
Chapter Nineteen: The Ship
Chapter Twenty: My Savior
Chapter Twenty-One: Lagos
Chapter Twenty-Two: Sokovia Accords
Chapter Twenty-Three: Choosing Sides
Chapter Twenty-Four: UN
Chapter Twenty-Five: Fugitives and Thieves
Chapter Twenty-Six: Rescuing Wanda
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Civil War Part One
Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Raft
Chapter Thirty: Siberia
Chapter Thirty-One: Don't Count On It
Chapter Thirty-Two: Captain Marvel
Chapter Thirty-Three: Meta
Chapter Thirty-Four: Intergalactic Cops
Chapter Thirty-Five: Justice League
Chapter Thirty-Six: Solitude
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Ruins of Krypton
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Infinity War
Chapter Thirty-Nine: We need you
Chapter Forty: United
Chapter Forty-One: A Broken Promise
Chapter Forty-Two: Knightmare
Chapter Forty-Three: Thanos
Chapter Forty-Four: Five years later
Chapter Forty-Five: A Second Chance
Chapter Forty-Six: Time Travel
Chapter Forty-Seven: Stones
Chapter Forty-Eight: Time Messes Back
Chapter Forty-Nine: Thanos' Return
Chapter Fifty: Portals
Chapter Fifty-One: Aftermath
Chapter Fifty-Two: Westview
Chapter Fifty-Three: A Newlywed Couple
Chapter Fifty-Four: Twins?
Chapter Fifty-Five: An Unexpected Visitor
Chapter Fifty-Six: Halloween
Chapter Fifty-Seven: All Along
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Final Battle
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Goodbyes
Chapter Sixty: Superman Rising
Epilogue: The Man of Steel and the Scarlet Witch
Monsters II trailer
1 Year Anniversary - Q&A Session

Chapter Twenty-Eight: Civil War Part Two

3.1K 77 9
By laserigneous

"Move, Captain. I won't ask a second time."

Steve was dealing with both T'Challa and Rhodey, as T'Challa tried to make his way to where Bucky was. Rhodey was doing his best to keep from injuring his friend, but T'Challa made no effort to hold back as he leapt towards Steve and started swinging at him with his vibranium claws, inflicting multiple scratches on the shield.

-----

Scott had moved in to take Natasha. "Look, I really don't want to hurt you."

She grabbed him by the arm and flipped him onto his back. "I wouldn't stress about it."

-----

Spider-Man had caught up with Sam and Bucky, and was currently doing his best to 'web them up,' as Stark had ordered.

"You have a metal arm?" He said to Bucky. "That is so cool!" He webbed Bucky's right arm, sticking it to the railing. "You have the right to remain silent!"

-----

"Sorry, Cap. This won't kill you, but it ain't gonna tickle, either," Rhodey said as he pulled a massive riot baton out of his suit and began swinging it at Steve. Steve easily cut it in half with his vibranium shield, and Rhodey tossed it aside, now uselsess.

-----

"Wanda, I think you hurt Vision's feelings," Tony said as he caught up with Wanda and Clint.

"You locked me in my room."

"Okay, first, that's an exaggeration. Second, I did it to protect you. Hey, Clint," He said, greeting the archer.

"Hey, man."

"Clearly retirement doesn't suit you, get tired of shooting golf?"

"Well, I played 18, I shot 18. Just can't seem to miss," Clint said as he shot an arrow at Tony, who dodged it easily.

"First time for everything," Stark said.

"Made you look."

Tony turned around to see that Wanda was using her powers to pull cars out of the parking garage and throw them at him. Tony dodged the first few, but was eventually hit with a few.

"Multiple contusions detected," His AI, F.R.I.D.A.Y informed him.

"Yup, I detected that too."

-----

(Y/N) and Batman had been throwing punches at one another. The gas prevented him from using his heat rays, and also brought his strength level down significantly, putting the dark knight almost on par with him.

"You say that you want to help people," Bruce was saying. "But you can't feel their pain, their mortality. It's time you learn what it's like to be a man."

He hit him with another grenade, weakening (Y/N) further. He fell to his knees, choking on the green fumes.

"Breathe it in," Bruce taunted him. "That's fear. I am your Kryptonite."

The Batman pulled out his grappling hook, snagging (Y/N)'s cape with it, and dragged him, then threw him into one of the airport's control towers, sending him flying through the wall and onto the ground. He tried to get up, but he couldn't.

-----

"Are those wings carbon fiber?" Spider-Man asked as Sam continued to dodge his web attacks.

Finally, Spider-Man stuck one of Sam's arms to the railing. "Is this stuff coming out of you?" He asked Spider-Man.

"That would explain the rigidity flexibility ratio which, gotta say, that's awesome man!" he said, ignoring the question.

"You know, in a fight, there's usually not this much talking!"

Redwing shot out the back of Sam's jetpack, hitting Spider-Man in the face and knocking him out the window.

"You couldn't have done that earlier?" Bucky asked.

"I hate you."

-----

Scott had run over to where Steve was still fighting T'Challa and Rhodey. He grew back to normal size, and gave a silver disk with a blue dot in the middle to the Captain. He then pulled out a small, matchbox-style truck. "Throw it at this!"

They waited until Rhodey was directly in front of them. "Now!"

The toy truck and the disk collided in midair, growing the toy, once small enough to fit in someone's hand, into a full-sized truck.

"Oh, come on!" Rhodey yelled as the truck came down on top of him, exploding as it crashed onto the ground.

"Oh, man. I thought it was a water truck. Uh, sorry!"

"Alright, now I'm pissed," Rhodey said, getting up.

-----

"Is this part of the plan?" Natasha asked as she ran up to Tony.

"Well, my plan was to go easy on them. You want to switch it up?"

Clint and Wanda had gotten away from Tony and were making their way towards the hangar. "There's our ride!" Clint yelled.

Sam, Bucky, Steve, and Scott had caught up with the two of them, but (Y/N) was nowhere to be seen. As the group ran towards the jet, a yellow beam of energy traced the ground in front of them. Backup had arrived, in the form of Vision.

"Captain Rogers. I know you believe what you're doing is right. But, for the collective good, you must surrender now," he said as the rest of Tony's group regrouped around him.

"What do we do, Cap?" Sam asked.

"We fight."

-----

Batman had grappled into the structure where (Y/N) was still laying, battered and broken. He could barely move his head to see as Batman pulled on a metal rod that was stuck in the ground, lifting it up out of the ground into his hands. On the other end was a massive green rock that (Y/N) identified as the same substance in the grenades, but now in solid form, and a lot of it.

It would kill him.

"I bet your parents taught you that you mean something, that you were sent here for a reason. My parents taught me a different lesson, dying in a gutter for no reason at all: that the world only makes sense if you force it to," Bruce monologued as he approached (Y/N). He stood above (Y/N), looking down on him, and placed his foot on (Y/N)'s throat, and dragged the spear across his cheek, causing it to bleed.

Then he raised the spear over his head.

-----

"They're not stopping," Spider-Man said as the two teams started walking towards each other.

"Neither are we," Tony said.

The two groups collided. Cap vs. Iron Man, Bucky vs. T'Challa, Clint vs. Natasha, Wanda vs. Vision, Ant-Man vs. Spider man, and Sam vs. Rhodey.

"We're still friends, right?" Natasha asked Clint.

"Depends on how hard you hit me."

"You're pulling your punches!" Wanda yelled to Clint as she continued to fight Vision.

"I didn't kill your father," Bucky said to T'Challa, trying to reason with the prince.

"Then why did you run?"

The two groups of evenly matched opponents continued battling one another, Avengers vs. Avengers.

Steve tossed his shield at Spider-Man. "That thing does not obey the laws of physics at all!"

"Look, kid. There's a lot going on here that you don't understand."

"Stark said you'd say that," Spider-Man said as he webbed Steve's legs, flipping him over. "He also said to go for your legs."

Sam was currently being followed by Tony. The two of them were engaged in an air battle, weaving around each other in what one could identify as a mating ritual of an exotic bird species. "Clint, can you get him off me?" Sam asked.

Clint was currently aiming an arrow at Tony, following him with his eyes as he followed Sam. A shrunken Lang was sitting on the tip of his arrow, which he shot at Stark. It worked, and Scott landed on Tony's armor.

"Did Stark tell you anything else?" Steve asked Spider-Man.

"That you're wrong. You think you're right. And that makes you dangerous."

"I guess he had a point," Steve said, throwing his shield at Spider-Man, successfully hitting him and knocking him into a truck. "You got heart, kid. Where're you from?"

"Queens."

Steve smiled. "Brooklyn."

Tony tried to fire a repulsor blast at Sam, but it didn't activate. "F.R.I.D.A.Y?"

"We have some weapons systems offline."

"They what?"

"Oh, you're gonna have to take this into the shop," Scott said from inside Tony's armor, as he pulled out wires.

"Who's speaking?"

"It's your conscience. We don't talk a lot these days."

"F.R.I.D.A.Y?"

"Deploying fire suppression system."

Scott saw as the white puffy substance came after him, as though it were from a giant fire extinguisher. Which, it really was, to him at least. "Uh oh. Oh boy."

Bucky ran up to Steve. "We got to go," the latter said.

"That guy's probably in Siberia by now."

"I'm gonna draw all the fliers. I'll take Vision. You get to the jet."

"No, you get to the jet! Both of you! The rest of us aren't getting out of here," Sam said to them through the comms.

"As much as I hate to admit it, if we're gonna win this one, some of us might have to lose it," Cint agreed.

"This isn't the real fight, Steve," Sam said.

"Alright, Sam, what's the plan?"

"We need a diversion, something big."

"Where's (Y/N)? He's something big," Steve considered.

"I think I saw him go into one of the control towers with the Batman," Clint informed them

"Someone's going to have to get him. Wanda?"

"I'll go," She said, and flew to the control tower with a massive hole in it.

"I got something kind of big, but I can't hold it very long. On my signal, run like hell. And if I tear myself in half, don't come back for me," Scott informed the group.

"He's tearing himself in half?" Bucky asked.

"You're sure about this?" Steve asked Scott.

"I do it all the time. I mean once... in a lab. And I passed out."

Scott grabbed on to Rhodey's armor, and pressed a few buttons on his suit. He then grew to the size of a building, and grabbed Rhodey in his giant hand, laughing maniacally.

"Holy shit!" Spider-Man yelled as he saw the incident.

"Okay, tiny dude is big now. He's big now," Rhodey said.

"I guess that's the signal," Steve said, and he and Bucky started to run towards the jet.

"Way to go, tic-tac!" Sam said.

"Give me back my Rhodey," Tony said as he flew to where the massive Scott was wreaking havoc. "Okay. Anybody on our side hiding any shocking, and fantastic abilities they'd like to disclose, I'm open to suggestion."

"You want to get to them? You got to go through me," Scott said threateningly.

Clint was on his way to the jet when T'Challa blocked his path. "We haven't met yet. I'm Clint."

"I don't care."

Scott was hit with a web from Spider-Man. He pulled it off without much effort. Vision approached him and phased through Scott's massive torso, trying to get to Steve and Bucky.

"Something just flew in me!"

Vision shot an energy beam at the tower near the hanger, trying to block Steve and Bucky's escape. The attempt would be unsuccessful, as the two of them were able to slide under the rubble before it collapsed on the ground.

-----

Bruce held the spear up above (Y/N)'s head, savoring what would be Superman's final moments.

"You were never a god. You were never even a man."

Superman groaned under the weight of Bruce's foot, struggling to breathe. He raised the spear even higher, ready to bring it down into (Y/N)'s skull.

That was when he heard someone yell from across the room. He turned and saw the Maximoff girl in the doorway, watching the situation with horror.

"Wanda..." (Y/N) groaned, barely able to breathe. "Run..."

"No!" She yelled, sobbing. "I won't leave you!"

And that was when Bruce remembered something. Something deep down inside, something that had happened, but he had chosen to forget.

He had an adoptive son, whose name was Jason Todd, alias Robin. The two of them fought together to rid Gotham City of crime, until one day, when Bruce so arrogantly sent Robin to kill the clown prince of crime himself: the Joker. But the plan had gone horrible. The Joker and his mistress, Harley Quinn, had brutally stabbed Jason with a crowbar and painted the words 'HAHA JOKE'S ON YOU BATMAN' on his suit. By the time Bruce arrived, it was too late, and Jason died in his arms.

Bruce remembered how it felt to lose someone he loved so dearly. And he couldn't take that from Wanda. She is the key.

Bruce lifted his foot off (Y/N)'s throat. He coughed, and sat up as Wanda rushed over to him. Bruce stepped back, horrified at what he had almost done. He dropped the spear on the ground, and tore his upgraded armor off, leaving it there on the ground.

"I'm sorry," was all he said before leaving.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.9K 345 43
This is a Peter x Wanda x Natasha loved story I was inspired for this while reading another story some time ago. Peter Parker is Spiderman, and is of...
7.1K 310 22
You are the younger sister of Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. You are younger by three years and six months. They are extremely protective of you. All of...
367K 15.1K 103
Olivia, a young FBI agent, is forced to work with S.W.O.R.D to help them bring Wanda Maximoff back to the US to face legal prosecution for her previ...
13.2K 701 68
Wanda Maximoffxfemale reader Y/nxWanda Y/n Summers had a troubled past. She had lost so much, but her past seems to always be at her heels. She decid...