Losing Hope *EDITING*

By jensenclays

(Glenn Rhee love story) Living through hell is hard for Claire. That hell just so happens to be trying to sur... More

Chapter 1; Claire Curvel
Chapter 2; Claire Curvel
Chapter 3; Claire Curvel
Chapter 4; Claire Curvel
Chapter 5; Claire Curvel
Chapter 6; Claire Curvel
Chapter 7; Claire Curvel
Chapter 9; Claire Curvel
Chapter 10; Claire Curvel
Chapter 11; Claire Curvel
Chapter 12; Glenn Rhee
Chapter 13; Claire Curvel
Chapter 14; Claire Curvel
Chapter 15; Claire Curvel
Chapter 16; Claire Curvel
Chapter 17; Glenn Rhee
Chapter 18; Claire Curvel
Chapter 19; Claire Curvel
Chapter 20; Claire Curvel
Chapter 21; Claire Curvel
Chapter 22; Claire Curvel
Chapter 23; Claire Curvel
Chapter 24; Claire Curvel
Chapter 25; Glenn Rhee
Chapter 26; Claire Curvel
Chapter 27; Claire Curvel
Chapter 28; Claire Curvel
Chapter 29; Glenn Rhee
Chapter 30; Claire Curvel
Chapter 31; Claire Curvel
Chapter 32; Glenn Rhee
Chapter 33; Claire Curvel
Chapter 34; Glenn Rhee
Chapter 35; Claire Curvel
Chapter 36; Claire Curvel
Chapter 37; Claire Curvel
Chapter 38; Claire Curvel
Chapter 39; Glenn Rhee
Choose one please (A/N note)
Chapter 40; Claire Curvel
Chapter 41; Claire Curvel
Chapter 42
a/n; please read
Chapter 43; Claire Curvel
Chapter 44; Claire Curvel
Chapter 45; Claire Curvel
important!! please read.
sequel
a/n

Chapter 8; Claire Curvel

6.1K 154 81
By jensenclays

I groaned, tossing my arm over my face to cover my eyes as the sun beat down on my from the window. My swollen ankle was propped up on a couple of pillows -courtesy of Glenn sneaking in the house when he wasn't supposed to.  I was told to stay in bed by an angry Hershel until the swelling in my ankle went down. Too bad I never really know how to listen to people eh. 

I rolled off the bed, standing up and pulling the shorts Beth lent me down a bit. I pulled the converse I was given to burrow on, wincing as the left one tightened around my ankle. I walked slowly to the door, opening it and walking out without trying to limp much. Hopefully no one saw me until I was outside or they'd just send me back to the room. 

I leaned against the stair railing as I bounded down the stars -clenching my fist at my side as I got out the front door. Maybe I should have just stayed in bed because this ankle hurts like shit. 

  "Claire why are you out of bed? Is something wrong?" 

I froze, turning to Glenn who sat on the porch swing behind me. Dammit. I've been caught. I shook my head slowly, licking my dry lips. I stared at him, raising an eyebrow as I noticed the egg yolk on his head.

  "What happened to you?" I questioned, cracking a smile in humor.

  "Maggie," He said simply, getting up and standing next to me. I gulped, taking a small step back from how close he was. He looked at me confused, making me look down at the converse I was wearing. "That ankle doesn't look like it's better Claire."

I looked at him with pleading eyes. "Don't tell Hershel," I begged. "I don't want to lay in bed anymore. I've been there half the day already."

Glenn sighed, looking out towards Dale's RV. He looked conflicted as he stood there silently. "Alright, only if you stick by me."

I nodded excitedly. "Thanks."

Glenn stepped down the porch steps and I followed him, not caring about my limp.  I tilted my head in confusion as he went inside a tent, coming back out with a water bottle and a t-shirt. He handed the water bottle to me. "Can you pour this on my head so I can wash the egg out?"

I nodded, opening the bottle and pouring it on his head as he combed his fingers through his hair. Once the bottle was empty he straightened back up. "Thanks," he said with water dripping down his face. 

My face heated up as my eyes widened, turning around quickly as Glenn pulled his shirt up over his head and off. Jesus, could have given me a warning that he was going to change. I bit down on my lip, playing with my fingers as I waited for him to finish.

  "I'm done. You didn't have to turn around."

I bit the inside of my cheek, turning back around. "You were changing so I was giving you privacy," I objected, not making eye contact with him.

He laughed a little, going in the direction of Dale's RV. "Come on, I promised Dale I'd keep watch today so you can help me."

Glenn climbed up the ladder, looking down at me patiently. Great a ladder. I took in a deep breathe before slowly climbing up the ladder, my ankle screaming at me to stop. A hand appeared in front of me, making me stare up at Glenn. I grabbed it, letting him pull me up the rest of the way. He nodded towards a chair, indicating for me to go sit over there.

I huffed. Should have known he was going to make me sit down somewhere even if I wasn't inside the house. I sat down on it, crossing my arms as I sat there pouting. 

  "You didn't think I'd really let you walk all over the place with that ankle did you?"

  "You suck," I grunted, making him laugh loudly. I rolled my eyes, leaning back against the chair so the umbrella could cover me from the sun. I squinted my eyes, seeing Shane over by the barn. "What's Shane doing over there?" I asked, pointing towards him.

  "There's walkers in the barn."

Oh. I figured. When I ran over there the night Rick stopped me I could hear the moans and the stench coming from the barn only added to my assumptions. I don't know why the Greene family would have walkers over there, but it's probably for a reason.

Glenn looked at me quizzically. "You have nothing to say to that?"

I shrugged. "I figured. I heard them a couple of nights ago," I confessed. "It's not my farm though so I don't see any problem with it."

  "There's walkers in the barn," Glenn said slowly, emphasizing each word. "You know, those things that want to tear us apart and eat us."

  "It's still none of mine, yours, or anybody's business if you think about it."

I stared at him blankly, mentally cursing at myself as he frowned deeply at me and turned around. Guess he didn't like that I disagreed with him. I'm not someone who just follows what everyone else thinks though, I'll speak my mind if I think it's right. 

Glenn walked to the edge of the RV, peering down at something. "Andrea's looking for you," Glenn informed someone down below.

  "Thank you, Glenn." the calm voice of Dale answered. 

I could tell him apart from the rest of the group easily. He didn't sound so hard ass and demanding like the others of Rick's group. He was different. Someone that people needed around in this world now. Anyone could tell that.

  "Any chance you got an extra hat?" Glenn asked, the wind blowing his hair around. 

  "Nope."

  "Thanks."

I giggled to myself as Glenn stuck Dale's fisherman hat on his head. It really didn't suit him, but a hat is a hat one way or another. It was quiet as Glenn looked around at the farm grounds. I kinda get the feeling he's ignoring me. Fine. 

I cleared my throat loudly. "Think I might just go stand watch with Shane by the barn," I suggested.

Glenn gave me a side glance, a look I almost didn't catch crossing his face before he turned around. Was that jealously? I shook my head, standing up with a little struggle as I hobbled my way over to the ladder. I must be seeing things. Glenn's ignoring me anyway so no way he could be jealous of anything.

  "Stay," Glenn urged, the tone of his voice coaxing me enough. I sighed, sitting down on the top of the RV, my legs dangling over the edge where the ladder was. If I was staying I was going to ignore him too. I don't see why he's so upset about the walkers in the barn and me not siding with him. They haven't harmed anyone.

  "You okay?" Glenn asked as Andrea walked out of the RV, directing it down to Dale.

  "Yeah." Dale answered simply with a loud voice. "You and Claire mind running and getting me some water? I just need a second..."

  "You'll keep watch?" Glenn asked, waiting in silence for Dale's reply. "Dale?"

  "Yeah sure."

I turned to look back at Glenn, earning a slight nod from him. I rolled my eyes, climbing down the ladder and waiting at the bottom for Glenn to get down. He jumped to the bottom from the last two steps before walking off. Still ignoring me eh.

  "Jerk," I noted. 

Guess I will go help Shane keep watch. Might as well apologize to him while I'm at it. I limped my way over to the barn, passing by Rick who gave me a worried glance. He didn't say anything as I avoided his gaze. I'm sure he'd tell Hershel I was walking around on my ankle that's for sure. I've learned that Rick is nothing but a tattle-teller when it comes to something Hershel is disapproved upon.

Whatever. I finally made my way down to the barn, Shane leaning against the dirty old tractor in thought. I don't even think he noticed me here yet. I walked slowly over to him, bumping his shoulder as I stood next to him.

  "Thought day dreaming was for kids," I joked, looking up at him with a smile. He tried to crack a smile, but it came out more as a grimace. "What's wrong?" I asked.

  "Nothing. Just thinking," he quickly waved off my question. "Ain't you supposed to be bed resting sunshine?"

I shrugged, leaning against a part of the tractor, the cold metal seeping through my shirt and making me shiver.

  "Sure, don't mean I'm gonna do it though." Shane laughed, ruffling up my hair. "Hey, not the hair mister," I grumbled, swatting his hand away.

Shane laughed, crossing his arms over his chest as he stared at the barn. I tilted my head to the side, watching the barn doors bang as the walkers inside growled. They don't seem like they could easily get out so I don't know why everyone was getting so paranoid about it. Hershel and his people locked 'em up pretty good. 

  "You know, you nearly scared us half to death when you disappeared last night," Shane spoke up.

  "Did I now?"

He nodded. "Yeah, Rick sent out a whole damn search team on Hershel's request."

I get it now. "By us, you mean Hershel and his girls," I stated as a fact.

  "Well yeah..." Shane trailed off awkwardly. "But we were worried too. We already lost a kid in them woods out there."

  "I'm not a kid."

  "Keep telling yourself that."

I rolled my eyes, not responding back to his little comment. I wasn't going to get angry and say the wrong thing again. Don't want a scary Shane jabbing his finger towards me again. I turned, seeing Andrea walking over with a gun in her hand. She must be coming to help Shane keep watch.

  "See ya later,'" I mumbled, pushing myself off of the tractor. "Oh and don't do anything to Hershel's barn," I added seriously.

I stalked off, biting my lip as my ankle felt constrained in my shoes. Guess I better go rest my ankle up before it gets any worse. I passed by Andrea, giving her a small smile in which she didn't return. I don't think she likes me much. Not that it really bothers me.  I got other people I could talk to if I get bored. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 929 11
❝How do you deal with the depths of hell? How do you pretend like the world isn't falling about? Those are the questions that Marnie is begging to fi...
6.2K 187 27
In which a girl finds herself falling in love at the end of world with her leader, only he thinks he's hard to love but loving him is like breathing...
730K 17.9K 72
-.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。. 𝐓𝐖𝐃 | 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦; 𝘪...
1.5K 66 11
𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖 𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚖𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝, 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚗𝚘𝚝...