Suddenly I'm a Villainess

By TypicallyAsianGal

Poppy Grey is a romance novel fanatic, so obsessed that all she ever does is read. For a girl whose eyes glow... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Epilogue

Chapter Fifteen

2.4K 79 0
By TypicallyAsianGal

chapter fifteen|| birthday celebration pt2

I stood myself at a table away from all the commotion, why are there no chairs anywhere? Today was officially me making my debut in high society. In normal circumstances, I'd have people lining up to marry me however since I'm already engaged there wasn't any of that happening.

Next year Layla will be showing up and the timeline of the novel will begin. When Noah and Layla fall in love I will step aside and let them have their way. Before then I'll have to make as many connections as I can. 

" Will you give me the honour of being your first dance of adulthood my lady." Noah walks to my side and held out his hand. 

This is supposed to be a great day so I suppose a dance wouldn't be so bad. Noah leads me to the centre of the hall and begins to dance.  All eyes were on us but it wasn't uncomfortable. I was focused on the person in front of me the whole time. He grew up to be the man I always fantasized about.

Day in and day out, I always imagined what Noah would look like as a person. The way he cherished Layla, the way he spoke loving words to him in the novel gave me butterflies. I always wished he would be able to do it to me but loving him now will only lead to my death.

After our dance Christian and Rosie insisted they dance with me too however they were less experienced which lead me to be completely drained. I either had to lead or had to deal with them stepping on my feet.

I headed to an empty balcony to grab some fresh air after dancing. I leaned on the ledge and enjoyed the cold breeze of the night.

I looked below enjoying the view only to see a lady speaking to a maid she then handed a liquid capsule to the maid. It looked rather suspicious so I sent Bryan to check on it. When he came back Bryan said the maid was never found and the Lady apparently went home due to an illness. Weird I have a bad feeling about this.

" Leah!" Father called out from the stairs.

I made my way to him and gave him a brief hug. Father suggested it was time to unwrap my gifts however the night was still young, he must have been eager to flaunt my brand new assets to everyone. People started to gather around with presents at hand, one by one I started to unwrap and unbox the gifts.

Rosie walks up and hands me a big box, I place it on a table and opened it, books! There was a note on the top, it read, 'unreleased Romance trilogies, happy birthday Leah!' I looked over to Leah, my long-awaited books! She mouthed me a happy birthday, I nodded in reply.

I wiped tears away when Christian hands me a bunch of papers. I wonder what it was, ownership to land maybe? but there was no way he had any of these assets, then again he could have bought them. 

Over the years Christian was no longer just my bodyguard he was also a royal knight, he fought in the latest war and was acknowledged by the Emperor. He's grown so tall too.

" It's brand new recipe's for sweets that are not found anywhere else in the world." He signals a maid and she brings in a tray of desserts.

" I even managed to create the ice cream flavours you mentioned once. I think you called it, 'Goody Goody Gum Drops?" and 'Chocolate Fudge Brownie'. You also have full ownership of the recipes so you can sell them or distribute them, whatever you want. " I stare at the tray he wasn't lying.

I start to tear up again, my long lost friend, I have found you once again. I grabbed a spoon and took a taste of the ice cream. The ice cream slowly melts in my mouth as my taste buds took in all its flavours.

It tastes just how I remember it. I place the spoon down and cleaned my mouth with a handkerchief. I turn around to see Noah holding out a ring in one hand, a promise ring? Then opens his other hand to see keys.

" Keys to the palace library and restricted section, it was a gift from Mother and Father. The ring is my present to you. " He places the ring on my ring finger, " I hope you like it.

I did like it, it was beautiful. The way the diamond would glow from the light, and the beautiful design of the ring. 

" Don't feel burdened Lady Aleah, " the Emperor said.

" His Majesty is right, we only chose gifts that were befitting of our daughter in law. " I faked a smile, it's fine to hold on to them for now.

" Thank you, your Majesty, I'll treasure this." 

Now for the final presents from Jackson pushed in front of Noah smiling from ear to ear, he must have done that on purpose. I look back to see Noah glaring at him, who knew there was a side to Noah like that, it just makes me wonder how much I don't know about him.

" Well Leah, this is a gift from Mother, Father, Anna and I. " 

I opened the gift it was a Honeydew Crystals necklace. Honeydew Crystals was the rarest type of gold. Besides the necklace was a Rose seal. The rose was the symbol of the Dukedom, gifting it to me means that they've acknowledged me as an official lady of the family. 

Everyone gave me such amazing presents. My heart felt heavy knowing that these shouldn't belong to me. I don't deserve any of these, but today is a good day. Let's brush it off.

"Thank you, everyone! Thank you so much!"

****

Since my birthday party a few weeks ago, I've been attending banquets and tea parties as the lady of the Monroe duke. Fancy really, but it makes such a big difference. I attend as a lady of a duchy and not as the Cronw Prince's fiance.

I've been taking it as an opportunity to completely clear any rumours about me. Of course these rumours were dispelled quite a while ago however, I just had to make sure.

People surprisingly approached me first and everything started to build up from there. To the eyes of the nobles, I was no longer the irresponsible daughter of the Monroe Dukedom.

 I was the lady of the Monroe duchy who also happened to be engaged to the Crown Prince. Recently I've even heard that I am a popular topic in tea parties.

" Lady Monroe?" Viscountess Crescente called out snapping me out of my daze.

" Oh please pardon my behaviour I must have been lost in thought." I chuckled.

I can't believe I did that. Viscountess Crescente was 8 years older, a dignified lady, someone who even some ladies of the higher society envied. 

She married as soon as she turned of age. Her and the Viscount had apparently married out of love. Despite their significant age gap of 9 years, they were still able to make things happen, a befitting love story for a lovely couple.

If I needed connections, Viscountess Crescente would most definitely the first person on my list. Which is also why I accepted her invitation to this tea party.

" Oh yes, that does happen recently due to the heat." Countess Wimber added.

" Oh yes that is absolutely true!" a lady spoke.

I've been going to a gathering after gathering for the past week I just want a day all to myself, but this is for my future so there's not much I can really do. The topic of Weather suddenly changed to Lady Mielle's dog that had died recently, then it changed to the man who has been courting Lady Miranda.

Keeping up with the topics is so exhausting, I just wanna scream out loud. Suddenly Viscountess Crescente's Butler walks in interrupting the gathering. This is great, I can use this opportunity to have a breather, the butler then nods and leaves. I wonder what that was about.

" I believe we have a guest. " Viscountess Crescente said with a smile.

The door opened again and the butler walks in but this time he wasn't alone. A man walked behind him holding flowers... Noah!? The ladies squealed at the very sight of him, Argh! of all times. I stop staring and kept quiet making sure to hide my presence.

" Your Highness the Crown Prince, what brings you to our gathering?" the Viscountess asked.

" Greeting ladies, I apologise for coming unannounced, but I am here to pick up my lovely fiancé," the ladies immediately turned to me.

I look at them awkwardly. Noah walks up to me and hands me his flowers, I force myself to receive them. The ladies became to whisper between each other. Now, this is going to be the main topic for the next few weeks! and I wanted a break.

" Well, my Lady shall we get going?" he holds his hands out and I look at the other ladies.

" Well then ladies, till next time." I place my hand in his.

Noah leads me out, it was a silent walk to the carriage. He opens the door and helps me inside. The coachman appeared by the door as Noah hands him a note before getting in himself. 

He takes a seat beside me even though the seat in front of us were taken. My face flushed red, It's getting rather hot in here. I hope he doesn't noticed anything is off.

" So why did you really come?" I initiated the conversation since it was awkwardly quiet.

he sighs, " there's really no getting past you Leah." He fixes himself so he's sitting down comfortably while facing me, " I Just heard you've been busy the whole week and thought you needed a break." 

He's not entirely wrong, I was dying back there, but I'd still hate to admit it directly to him. The fact that he knows me so well is suspicious, there's also the fact that he always knows where I was and what I was doing.

" Well, Don't I get a prize?" Noah plays with his fingers, so this was what he was going for.

He must have planned this whole thing. Well since he did get out of the boring tea part, I guess I'll play along and do something for him.

" Yes, sure." 

" I know you don't like the idea-" He paused for a second, " Wait what?!"

" I said yes. If it's within my capability then yes." His face lights up, his smile spreads from ear to ear, " So then what do you want as a prize?"

" A day worth of your time." He exclaimed.

A day? Well, it is within my capabilities so I can't decline. I wonder why he wants me for a day of all things. With a lot of compromising and reasoning, we agreed to have our 'date',a week f from now.

" So how did you know I was at Viscountess Crescente's tea party?"

" That-" I interrupted him.

" Don't lie to me, Noah."

" Argh, fine. I had one of my men secretly follow you. Are you happy now?" He slumps down on his seat and pouts. 

He had his men follow me? For how long? No wait that's not important, I should be the one that's mad right now. I was the one being followed.

This boy is so confusing. He rubs the back of nek awkwardly. I guess it's also what makes him so adorable. If it wasn't for my inevitable death I definitely would be in love with him. But there is still time until Layla shows up so I guess a little affection isn't bad.

I lean towards him and wrapped myself around his neck. I place his head on my chest as I slowly rubbed my fingers through his hair that was awfully soft for a guy. Suddenly he swings his arms around my waist.

He lifts me up and sits me on his lap smiling brightly. So now he's happy? Wow if this was in normal circumstances I'd believe he was bipolar but maybe it's just he's incredibly sensitive. He buries his head in my chest pulling me closer to him.

My heart started to beat faster as he starts to snuggle his face on my chest. Can he hear it? I hope he doesn't that would be so embarrassing. I start playing with his hair again, Layla is happy to have him, anyone would be.

The carriage stops abruptly and the butler opens the carriage door. My face flushed red, this is so embarrassing. I quickly push Noah away as I get up fixing my dress, I get out of the carriage and cleared my throat.

" It's not what it looks like Bryan, " I whisper and he nods awkwardly, he totally doesn't believe me.

" Well then Leah," Noah says as the coachman readies the carriage for departure, " I will see you soon."

TO BE CONTINUED

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

386 78 40
Drowning Utopia, a thrilling steampunk adventure novel, follows the remarkable journey of Tessa Copperfield, an inventor and part-time thief seeking...
102K 4.4K 88
Amber chose to become a VILLAIN Amber had worked all her life to become a surgeon and had died on her way home from her graduation ceremony. She'd do...
259K 8.7K 78
ENGLISH An orphaned high school girl trying to live a normal life was caught up in a bullying issue which made her high school life difficult. One ti...
241 41 35
Brennah Watson has spent her whole life running. She's run from the dark feelings spurred by a terrible past, as well as the nightmares of her presen...