Young Mate (Wattys2016)

Par alphakim

Original #1 Wolf Story on Quotev Lexi Stine is 15 years old, care free, and perfectly happy with her boyfrien... Plus

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 Edited Up To Here
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 &10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Sequel
Update

Chapter 18

7.8K 278 18
Par alphakim

Nickolas

I beam proudly as the crowds cheer for my mate; it’s always a relief when the pack accepts the mate of their Alpha, not that they really have a choice. I let them quiet down before continuing.

“I have recently been informed that Lexi was born as an Alpha along with being my mate, therefore I expect each of you to treat her the way she deserves to be treated.” The pack in turn began roaring with excitement; this was ecstatic. 

Lexi smiled shyly at the crowds, letting her hair fall in front of her face. I tuck the strands behind her ear and give her a soft peck on her lips before announcing the party to continue.

“I’m hungry; when’s dinner?” She asks as we stepped off the stage.

“In about an hour. But there should be some finger foods by the entrance. I’ll go with you.” I smile down at her. 

“No! I mean, I have to go to the bathroom first and stuff. Why don’t you go request a song from the DJ?” She suggested.

“Sure.” I smiled and quickly hugged her. She left and walked towards the direction of the restrooms.

My mate. Yes she is. 

Lexi

Once my vision was restored, I spotted Aaron in the crowds. His face was unreadable; I couldn’t tell if he was angry or upset or relieved. Our eyes met for a few seconds before he turned around and walked through the crowds. My eyes followed him as he walked through the main doors.

I made up an excuse about being hungry and going to the bathroom to leave Nickolas behind. I followed Aaron’s path and left the building as well. No one even noticed me leave, making it easier to do so.

Once outside I couldn’t see Aaron, but I was able to pick up his scent and follow it.

Holding my black heels in my hands, I traced him through the forest and over the river; it was already clear to me where he’d gone. 

The sun was still up high once I reached the caves. Aaron sat right in front of them, on top of a boulder. He was facing away from me and had taken off his jacket so he was wearing his dress shirt and pants.

“Aaron?” I called out to get his attention.

“Lexi.” He turned around and smiled at me.

Nickolas

Almost half an hour had passes since I’ve seen Lexi. I had been greeting the pack members and thanking everyone for their support towards my mate. I was grateful for the lack of females yearning my attention.

 They seem to have realized I fully accept my mate and don’t plan on leaving her or letting her leave me. I craved Lexi too much to every think about that. 

But she obviously wasn’t by my side.

Where is she? In the bathroom. But she’s taking a while. 

I instantly head to the tables of snacks and don’t see Lexi. At the bathrooms I ask a woman to check ands see if Lexi is inside; she isn’t. 

Find her! I search through the crowds of people unable to see her. I check with Kayla and Liam; neither one knows where she is; not even her Aunt and Uncle have seen her.

“Nickolas?” I turn and see a blond girl in a purple dress.

“Yes?” I ask, irritated that my search was interrupted.

“I’m Kristen. (Daughter of the third Beta.)”

“Nice to meet you.” I turn back around to leave.

“Lexi’s not here.” I stop. “That’s who you’re looking for, isn’t it?”

“Where is she?” I demand.

“She left a while ago.” She answers simply.

“Where?” Find my mate!

“I’m not exactly sure, but she followed Aaron out.” Find her and kill him! Obviously. I leave the building. Looks like that kids final day is today.

I have to kill him!

Lexi

I stand hugging Aaron, letting my tears fall silently. I never realized how much I missed him. He has his arms wrapped around my back, his head resting on my shoulder. We just stand there without exchanging words. Stop hugging him and go back to Nickolas! Like hell I will.

“You’ve been avoiding me at school.” I state.

“Yeah. Sorry about that.”

“I sense that has something to do with Nickolas.”

“You’re right.”

“Ugh. What has that idiot done now?”

“He told me to stay away form you.”

“That doesn’t explained why you’re so fearful.”

“He threatened to kill me if I ever touched you.” 

“That bastard.” Is he seriously this stupid?

“Don’t say that; he’s your mate.” 

“Not exactly thrilled about it.”

“He kissed you at the party.” Oh right. Aaron saw that.

“My parents aren’t really my parents.” I change the subject.

“Liam told me what happened; I’m so sorry about it, but hey, you’re an Alpha born.” 

“It still sucks.”

“Are you ever going to forgive them?”

“I don’t know. Probably when I’m older and get over the initial shock of it.”

“Are you ever going to fully accept Nickolas as your mate?”

“Can we not talk about him?”

“You love him.”

“No, I don’t.”

“I’ve known you for 13 years, I can tell when you’re lying.” 

“I don’t like him like that. He’s just a close friend, but maybe not anymore since he threatened you.” I had big plans for that. 

“I was ‘just a close friend’ once upon a time.”

“You’re different, you aren’t six years older than me. And it took 11 years to be more than friends.” I point out.

“11 years until I kissed you. Five months until Nickolas kissed you. Or probably even sooner; might’ve been within a week.” 

“It wasn’t.” I assure him.

“One month?” I stay silent, because he’s right. 

“It’s all right. I get it; he’s your mate.”

“But I don’t want him.”

“But you will. Just like one day I’ll want my mate, wherever she is.”

“We really can’t be together.” I’ve already accepted that fact, being with a wolf who isn’t your mate can slowly kill you over time. And I knew Aaron always wanted to find his mate…even if it isn’t me.

“But we can still be great friends.”

“Do you think we should be expecting Nickolas anytime soon?” 

“Not for a while; I doubt he’d leave that huge party.”

“Good.”

At that he grabbed his jacket and laid it over a large flat rock. Gesturing to me, we both laid down over it and faced the sky. It was only a little darker than before but the stars should be visible within an hour.

“I assume you haven’t told Nickolas about that night.”
“You’re right. I don’t want him to know yet.”

“I understand.” He paused as if waiting for me to continue.

“You do, but he won’t. I’m afraid of how he’ll react to it, what he’ll do.”

“Then make him understand when you tell him.”

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his side, knowing that the tears were already falling.

“It’s going to be okay.”

“I’m scared.”

“About that night?”
“About what Nickolas might do to you.”

“He’s not going to hurt me, okay? Just forget about that.”

“I just don’t want him to keep you away from me.”

“I’ll always find a way to see you. Not romantically, but still.”

“Do you really think we ever actually loved each other romantically.” I hate asking this, but I have to know.”

“Honestly? No.”

“Same with me.”

“I think that night just made you want to feel loved, and made me want to love you.”

“That night brought us so much closer together, but in a friendly way.” I tell him.

“Have you ever felt…lust…for me?” He asks. I blush and feel my entire face heat up.

“Neither of us are sexually mature.” 

“That doesn’t answer the question.” He smirks at me.

“I have before, but…”
“Not recently?” I nod.

“Same with me.” He admits.

“That’s good…I think.”

“You want Nickolas.” He chuckles.

“No I don’t!” 

“Yeah, you do.” He insists.

I slap his chest which only makes him laugh.

“Admit it so the guy can move on and calm down.” 

“I don’t want him like that.” I’m getting irritated.

“Right.”

“Aaron!” I scowl at him.

“Lexi! The guy has stood by your side for months. He doesn’t care that you’re six years younger! He’s not out sleeping with other females to satisfy himself; he’s staying by you! He helped train you, yeah I noticed, and helped you find out your true identity! He let you back at school and revealed you as his mate!”

“And he threatened to have you killed.”

“Why on Earth is he so damn possessive? You’re his mate and he’s yours; does he think there’s any way to change that?”

“Well, I haven’t exactly accepted him as my mate.” I confess.

“I know you haven’t completed the process or let him mark you, but you have accepted him, right?”

“Um, no.” 

“Lexi! Are you serious? No wonder he freaks out about other males!”

“We haven’t talked about it!” I defend myself.

“You guys are living together, sleeping in the same bed, seeing each other every hour, kissing and hugging publicly, but you have yet to call him ‘mate’?” His voice sounds as if everything he just said makes no sense. It does.

“Exactly.” I cross my arms.

“Then realize that he’ll continue acting this way, threatening me and every male that glances at you, until you do so.” 

“Is there really no other option?” I sigh.

“Not unless you want me exiled and possibly killed. And maybe if you did he’d let you go to school alone.” He coaxes.

I never thought my once-boyfriend, best friend would ever convince me to accept an arrogant Alpha as my mate.

“Promise me you will, soon.” He cups my cheek.

Accept Nickolas as my mate? Well, the word ‘soon’ isn’t exactly specific.

“Sure. I will. Soon.” Maybe.

“I love you, Lexi.” I bury my face into his chest.

“I’ll always love you Aaron.” I feel myself relax and my eyelids grow heavy.

We lay there silently for several minutes, watching the sky steadily get darker, until sleep consumes me.

“I thought I told you never to touch her!” Aaron and I jump off the rock at the sound of his voice. He stands about four feet away. The sky is dim and the stars are out.

“Nickolas? What are you doing here?” I demand. 

“I was looking for my mate! And I found her.”

“Nickolas, I’m sorry, but nothing happened.” Aaron voice is quavering with fear.

“You’re damn right nothing happened! And I have to make sure nothing ever happens!” At that he charges at Aaron, pushing me aside, instantly knocking him to the ground. 

“Aaron!” I scream. The two are rolling around the floor, thrashing and punching each other. I immediately step in and try to pry Nickolas off. Instead I’m shoved to the ground, unsure of which one did it.

“She’s my mate! Not yours!”
“She’s just a friend!”

“Yeah, right! I told you before!”
“Nothing is ever happening!” 

“You don’t touch her!”

I try again, and punch Nickolas in his side. He rolls off Aaron gripping his ribs. I pull Aaron up; his nose is bleeding, though his wolf should heal it soon. I feel myself fill anger.

Nickolas stands up again in front of us and glares at Aaron in an intimidating manner. I stand in front of Aaron, shielding him with myself and swallow a gulp.

“Move.” He orders, still glaring at Aaron.

“No.” I whisper.

“Move!”

“No!”

“He’s keeping us apart! I want him gone!”

“No he’s not!”

“Move Lexi, or I’ll move you myself.”

I stay silent, filled with nothing but hate against Nickolas.

He then takes a step forward, ready to lunge.

“Stop!” I find my voice.

“Just move!” He barks.

“If you ever cause any harm to Aaron or threaten him again I swear on my parents’ grave I will reject you as my mate!”

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

40.3K 874 55
Mariah is a trauma nurse her life isn't always perfect, three years ago her mother died when she graduated University her father abandoned her and he...
319 17 24
Cass is a normal She-Wolf. Except that she has not found her mate three months after her eighteenth birthday. There's this guy... Tall, handsome, the...
138K 3.8K 15
Maxine Daniels is a 18 year old werewolf. Her father is the Alpha of the Star Dust pack. Max doesn't have a mate until she meets the very gorgeous Al...
9.5K 167 28
Ryder Romano. He's a thirteen-year-old werewolf who is next in line to be Alpha. His dad, the current Alpha, gets notified that two new people will b...