The Nerd [ongoing]

By grtyvuvtcyvu

"don't judge a book by it's cover" I swing my left hand back and push it forward again with a lot of strength... More

THE NERD
prologue (0.)
characters (0.2)
arcane (1.)
eleutheromania (2.)
sweven (3.)
scintilla (4.)
quean (5.)
illecebrous (6.)
nepenthe (7.)
alamort (8.)
anagapesis (9.)
abience (10.)
cwtch (11.)
thantophobia (12.)
vorfreude (13.)
fika (14.)
natsukashii (15.)
noceur (16.)
selcouth (17.)
serendipity (18.)
oculoplania (19.)
toska (20.)
yonderly (21.)
hyperprosexia (22.)
filipendulous (23.)
clinomania (24.)
raison d'être (26.)
dormiveglia (27.)
elysian (28.)
kef (29.)
basorexia (30.)
accismus (31.)
erlebnisse (32.)
aprosexia (33.)
eccedentesiast (34.)
pteromerhanophobia (35.)
lyssophobia (36.)
agowilt (37.)
mamihlapinatapai (38.)
pistanthrophobia (39.)
tausendsassa (40.)
halcyon (41.)
hygge (42.)
lucent (43.)
apricate (44.)
happiness (45.)
forelsket (46.)
saudade (47.)
kalopsia (48.)
alethiology (49.)
redamancy (50.)

xenization (25.)

2.2K 69 35
By grtyvuvtcyvu

xenization

(n.) the act of existing as a stranger

My alarm lets me know that I should get up and get dressed but the dream I had is still lingering in my head. I shake it off and get up to get dressed.

While I get dressed I think of today. Reagan is going to distract the secretary and I will look into her computer for Ava's address. It has to be somewhere.

We decided to do it during lunch. If we're lucky the secretary's gone and there will be no one in the hallway either way.

I grab my fully charged phone and a black zip up hoodie that will serve as my jacket today. I walk downstairs after grabbing my bag. I kiss my mom on her cheek and thank her for the sandwich she made me. I take a bite while walking to the front door and yell a couple of words that slightly sound like a goodbye to my mom.

I almost decide to ride my motorcycle but it rained yesterday and the roads are still a bit slippery. I'd rather not fall.

So, I step into my car and start to drive. Highway To Hell by AC/DC playing from my phone.

~

I step out of my car after parking it and lock it before walking away.

"Hey man! Where've you been these past 5 minutes?" Jason grins while asking me. 

"What?" I look at Jason who's suddenly next to me before turning my head and seeing Elijah on my other side. 

"Oh, nothing. Just thinking 'bout some stuff." I rub the back of my neck.

We walk towards the school. I don't pay attention when Jason tells Elijah and I about some supposed new girl.

REAGANS POV

I probably look like I'm trying to crawl into my locker by the way I'm standing but I don't really care. My bullies just walked into the hallway. They started bullying me when I started to hang out with Ava and the guys.

I don't blame Ava, Elijah, Jason or Hunter in any way. They're just little jealous pests who can't stand the fact that the three 'coolest' guys in school hang out with me and Ava and not with them. Doesn't help that they're white and I'm, well, not.

And yes, 'coolest' is a word.

I let out a heavy breath, not realising that I've been holding in my breath since I saw them.

I feel a hand grope my ass. I turn around so quickly that I almost get a whiplash. 

"What the hell? Who are you to think you can just touch me like that?"

Being friends with Ava and the guys made me a lot more confident. I would've never said that if I didn't meet them.

"With a dress like that?" 

There's nothing wrong with my dress. Right? I thought I looked cute. 

"You were just asking for me to touch that sweet ass of yours little ni-"

A fist hits him in the face, instantly making a bruise form on his face. I am shook to the core. 

"Why the fuck did you do that you bitch?" The guy says with a painful face.

A feminine voice speaks up from next to me. "With a face like that? You were asking for it. Now get the fuck outta here before I do something I most definitely won't regret." 

She glares at the retreating jock and his friends before looking at me.

"Are you okay?" I look over to the girl that helped me out. The people that were surrounding us slowly disappear, seeing the show's over now. I lock eyes with the girl.

"Wh- how- Ava?!" I jump onto her and luckily for the both of us, she catches me just on time, saving us a trip to the floor.

I spontaneously burst into tears, letting everything that has been adding up out. My fear for Ava and my bullies. Both completely different but both draining me.

She starts to stroke my hair, telling me I'm okay, that we're okay and that everything will be okay.

ELIJAHS POV

My eyes search for Reagan as I walk through the school with Jason and Hunter. Hunter really seems out of it these days. I think it has anything to do with Ava not showing up. Oh, who am I kidding. It's probably true. I smirk. Hunter's whipped already and he has no idea yet.

The smirk disappears from my face when my eyes finally find Reagan. There are some guys standing around her. I quicken my pace and drag Hunter and Jason with me.

One of the guys grabs her ass and Rea turns around.

"What the hell? Who are you to think you can just touch me like that?" I smirk. She's been more confident ever since she started hanging out with us.

"With a dress like that? You were just asking for me to touch that sweet ass of yours little ni-" A girl hits him in the face with her fist, hard.

"Why the fuck did you do that you bitch?" The guy looks like he's in a lot of pain while saying that. Good.

"With a face like that? You were asking for it. Now get the fuck outta here before I do something I most definitely won't regret." The girl who hit the guy hisses.

"Are you okay?" The girl next to Rea turns to her and looks at her.

Hold up.

Is that Ava?

"Wh- how- Ava?!" Reagan looks ecstatic as she jumps onto Ava, wrapping her legs around her waist. Luckily Ava catches her in time.

Reagan bursts into tears and Ava starts to stroke her hair. Softly telling her that everything will be okay. I walk up to them, Hunter and Jason right behind me.

"I swear, if I see his face again I'll start punching him and won't stop." I grit my teeth after saying that. Reagan lifts her head at the sound of my voice and peels herself off of Ava and wraps her arms around my waist.

I freeze for a few seconds before wrapping my arms around her and holding her tightly. Ava looks at me and grins while tilting her head.

What is she trying to say with that?

HUNTERS POV

There are a whole bunch of things going on but I can only focus on one thing.

Ava is back. And she changed.

Gone is her hoodie, gone is her big clothing. She is wearing fitted jeans and a leather jacket. Which I like more for her to be honest.

AVAS POV

I feel a hand on my shoulder and try my hardest to not flinch. I could feel him standing behind me the whole time but I didn't expect him to touch me. I don't like it when people touch me. I have more bad than good experiences with it unfortunately.

I turn around to face Hunter while shrugging his hand off my shoulder. A look of hurt flashes in his eyes but he quickly covers it up.

I hear Reagan, Elijah and Jason creep away, as quietly as possible.

"Um, hi." I tilt my head a little because I didn't expect him to say that.

"Hey." I place my hands in the huge pockets of Tims jacket so no one can see me mess with one of his rings that he left in the jacket. Don't want anybody to think I am nervous. Which I shouldn't be, because why?Also I'm not nervous.

His green eyes make contact with my blue ones. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Why didn't I tell you what?" He gives me a pointed look. 

"Anything. I could've helped you if you let me." 

"I don't know where you were with your head but I just said that everything is solved."

I figured he would find out. He is very observant. "But he still hurt you." I glance around the hallway, luckily seeing no one around. The bell must've already rang.

"We need to go to class. And you need to let this go." I say before trying to turn around and walk away. I'm stopped when he closes his hand around my left arm, just above my elbow. I try my hardest not to let out a scream of pain as he is pressing against multiple bruises. Fuck, the pain-reliever wore off.

I turn myself back around and glare at him. "Let go." I try my best to conceal the pain in my voice but judging by his face I failed.

He quickly lets my arm go and crosses his arms while leaning against the lockers with his right shoulder. "How can I let it go when you're still hurting?" He sounds like he cares. He cares. Why does he care?

"You care?" Fuck. That sounded way too vulnerable. He looks down. 

"We all do, including me. Maybe a bit too much." I pretend not to hear the last part because it sounded like he didn't want me to hear it.

"We have to go to class." My voice is void of any emotion. I turn around and walk away before he can grab me again. I hear his footsteps follow me after a little while.

I open the door with a bang, not wanting to contain my frustration anymore. The teacher and the students look at us, startled. 

"Thank you Hunter for showing the new student around. I wasn't aware of a new student though." She shakes her head while looking through some papers. "Mrs Dunlear isn't very good at communicating such things." She says before looking up at me. "What is your name dear?"

She obviously misread the whole situation. And new student? 

"My name's Ava García. I've been at this school since freshman year. Is it okay if I go sit down in the seat I've sat in since the beginning of the year?"

Hunter and a few other students snicker at what I said. The teacher slowly nods her head while apologizing while I walk to the back of the class. I had no time to take my books out of my locker for obvious reasons so I just lean back in my chair and close my eyes.

Seemingly not paying attention but still hearing everything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

354K 7.9K 39
Haley Jacobs is not your typical teenager. Her once perfect life, long gone. She has gone through hell and back, and is barely hanging on by a thr...
20.9K 847 22
*04/06/2024 - 4th place in the Category 'Ex-boyfriend' 'A story of a girl in love with a boy who's in love with her best friend, and even with her fe...
261 42 34
"𝓓𝓮𝓵𝓪, 𝓶𝔂 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷. 𝓘'𝓵𝓵 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓬𝓾𝓶 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾, 𝓲𝓯 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓽𝓸...𝓯𝓾𝓬𝓴 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂, 𝓹𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓮 𝓼𝓪𝔂 𝔂𝓮𝓼." H...
19.2K 777 36
-------Winter 2017------ Cover by Ellipticall*** Evelyn Williams just wants to be a lawyer. She doesn't know what "kind" yet - but she will be a la...