Lashton One Shots

By Haydenpumpkinchan

Contains baby 5sos, cliffhangers, mystery, pirates, blackmail, fluff, lemons, tons of Lashton and very few sp... More

Lashton One Shots
#Lashton
Baby Ashton
Baby Ashton Part 2
Baby Ashton Part 3
Baby Ashton Part 4
Skinny Love
Baby Luke
Baby Luke Part 2
Baby Adventures- Luke's Birthday Crush
He Likes Boys
Cake
Storm
"I'll Catch You If You Fall."
The Hybrid Story
Different Ending
Mute
Luke's Fairy
Luke's Fairy Part 2
Luke's Fairy Part 3
Superhero
Superhero Part 2
Countdown
Sick
Cop VS Criminal
Stuck In A Lift
Luke's Christmas Present
Heartbreak Boy
Glass Cases and Kisses
Note Passing
Princes
The Moviestar and the Maid
Wild Love
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll Part 2
Voodoo Doll Part 3
Bad Influence
Socks
The Five Day Challenge
I Love/Hate My Neighbor
Luke's Flower Child
Luke's Flower Child Part 2
Luke's Flower Child Part 3
Niall's Flower Children Mishap
Niall's Flower Children Mishap Part 2
Luke's Flower Child Part 4.5
Everyday
Punks VS Nerds
Punks VS Nerds Part 2
Sightless Eyes
Escapist
Saving Red
Switched
Freedom- Read All About It
Freedom- Never Surrender
Freedom- Bad Day
Freedom - Gives You Hell
Ashton's Fairy
Find Love On Earth
Luke's Birthday
The Taste Of Ashton
Friends With Benefits
Mango Smoothie
Reader Asks
Character Asks
The Cutest Delivery Boy
LashtonIsAKenguin
Tonight Love Slowly Blooms More
For Larry_Lashton ♡
Blackmail
Blackmail Part 2
Blackmail Part 3
Blackmail Part 4
Blackmail Part 5
Blackmail Part 6
Ashly and Lucy
Boarding School
The Good Life
Bubble Bath
Gravity
Promises
Super Models Mean Super Crushes
Mine To Hold
Luke's Kink
Unsouled
Candy Kisses
Ashton's Birthday
The Dare
The Dare Part 2
Stutter Boy Part 2
Stutter Boy Part 3
Mini Ashton
Smalla Than A Bug
The Problem With Santa
How It Really Happened
Stockholm Syndrome
Stockholm Syndrome Part 2
The Copper Scroll
The Copper Scroll Part 2
The Copper Scroll Part 3
The Copper Scroll Part 4
The Copper Scroll Part 5
Oblivious
Opposites Can't Attract
Opposites Can't Attract Part 2
Script What You're Going To Say
The Hunger Games
Friday The 13th
Luke_Is_A_Penguin
Not According To Plan
Petsmart
Luke's Flower Child Part 5

Fish Out Of Water

5K 223 176
By Haydenpumpkinchan

There's something off about Ashton's classmate, Luke.

Ashton notices him at school, and how he seems to act like he doesn't quite fit in, even though he tries.

One day, Ashton discovers Luke's secret and it suddenly all makes sense. Why does Luke act like a fish out of water? Because he is.

Luke's a merman.

And now he owes Ashton a wish.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Ashton's parents owned a fishing buisness off the coast of California.

He worked in the shop, although he actually found fish smelly and disgusting, so he worked the register while his dad did the actual fish handling.

He was just finishing a transaction when he glanced up at the clock. "Dad! I gotta go to school now or I'll be late!"

"What's so wrong with being late? Doesn't everyone despise school?" His dad called form the back.

"Yeah but if I'm late then everyone stares at you when you come in as if you just killed five people." Ashton explained as he ran to the back.

"I'm so glad I'm done with school." His dad said. "Well have fun, remember to say goodbye to your mom!"

"I will!" He went inside and hurried to his room to get his bag. He slipped on his shoes and went to the kitchen, where his mom was making sandwiches.

"Bye hun, remember to stop by the fishing nets after school so you can clean them before the rush." She said as she handed him his lunch.

Ashton made a face. "Ugh, but fish are gross and smelly!"

"And they need to be maintained, we can't sell our customers filthy fish." She kissed his head before nudging him out the door. "Have a good day at school!"

"Not possible." Ashton mumbled as he ran to the bus stop.

-

Luke sat down at his desk and smiled at the people who passed by him. A few smiled back.

Luke loved the people. He found them fascinating.

It took some persuading, but he managed to convince his family to let him go to school on land for a year, just for the experience.

Luke was happy and outgoing, so he made friends easily. His two favorites were two guys named Calum and Michael.

They didn't have this class with him, but it was okay, because Ashton did.

Luke thought Ashton was beautiful. Definetly the prettiest human being he had ever seen.

Oh, and speaking of Ashton, he had just walked into the classroom now. Luke beamed at him as the human passed his desk. "Hi Ashton!"

"Hello." Ashton gave him a smile and took his seat, a few rows over.

Luke bit his lip to hide his smile.

After a few minutes, the teacher came into the room. "Everyone shut up, we're cooking today so we need to get started right away or we won't have time to finish. Get into groups of two or three and go to a cooking station. We'll be making entree's for today's lesson." She said, tying an apron around her waist.

The students all jumped up and started calling out to their friends to pair up.

Luke looked over at Ashton. The boy was walking to the back of the room, where the cooking area was. He stopped in front of a station and grabbed an apron. Luke quickly jumped up and followed him.

"Can I work with you?" Luke asked.

"Sure." Ashton smiled and Luke's stomach erupted with butterflies. He quickly grabbed an apron too, and they got started.

"What are we making?" Luke asked, as he turned on the grill.

"Um, the recipe says fish." Ashton said, getting out the ingredients.

"W-what?" Luke stopped.

"Are you allergic or something?" Ashton questioned.

"Something like that." Luke mumbled. "I'll make the sides and you can make the entree."

"Okay." Ashton agreed.

He pulled a package of fish out from the freezer and cut open the package.

Luke gasped. "Do you have to be so brutal?"

"Huh?" Ashton set the knife down. "They're already dead...."

"Haha, right...of course." Luke laughed.

He ran to the fish as Ashton got the pans ready.

"I'm sorry this happened to you, my little friends." Luke whispered. "I'll help you." He pulled out a little pouch and opened it. He sprinkled some powder onto his hand and dumped it over the fish.

Instantly, the fish's color returned and they came back to life.

"Oh my person in the sky! These fish are still alive!" Luke called out. He scooped them up and dumped them into a pot of water.

"What?" The teacher came over. "Impossible!"

"Possible." Luke pointed to the pot and shrugged.

"I am suing the fish company for selling us alive fish!" She stormed to the office, and Ashton turned to Luke as their classmates gathered around the pot.

"What did you do?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" Luke smiled nervously.

"Those fish were dead when I cut open the package. I work in a fishing industry, I know a dead fish when I see them." Ashton crossed his arms. "What did you do?"

"Nothing?" Luke gave him an innocent shrug. "Should we start making the sides and skip the entree?"

"Hmm...I suppose, since our entree has magically come back to life." Ashton went to the fridge and Luke casually high fived the fish when no one was looking.

-

"I'm home, not that anybody cares." Ashton called out when he arrived at his house after school.

He went to the kitchen for a snack and spied a note on the table.

Hey hun, your father and I are out shopping. Be back at five. Remember to clean the fishing nets!

- Your supreme ruler

"Ugh, I hate cleaning the nets." Ashton grumbled.

He put his back pack away in his room and got out the cleaning supplies for the nets.

He slowed when he heard shouts coming from the back of the shop, where the nets were. He jumped when something dropped to the floor, making a loud clang noise.

"Hey! Who's back here?" Ashton yelled, trying to sound angry and threatening but it came out more like scared and timid.

The noises stopped.

Ashton hurried to the back and dropped the cleaning supplies as he wrenched the back door open. "Hey!"

Luke froze as he locked eyes with Ashton.

"Luke? How the hell did you get stuck in the net?" Ashton asked, walking over.

"Ashton! Oh gosh, hey! Hi, how you doing? Funny story actually." Luke said, trying to free himself from the net but only succeeding in getting more tangled in the ropes. "You're gunna laugh."

"Did you try cutting through the net with a fish knife?" Ashton asked, picking the knife up from the floor.

"Erm, well, yes." Luke admitted.

"Don't! It'll ruin the net and then we have to get a new one." Ashton put the knife away and grabbed a ladder. "How did you even get in here?" He set the ladder down besides the suspended net and climbed up it so he could reach the top, where his skilled fingers began untying the knot.

"Well," Luke hesitated. "I can't tell you."

"You better, or I'll call the police." Ashton warned. "Or maybe I'll just leave you there until you decide to confess."

"I wasn't going to rob you or anything!" Luke exclaimed. "And you can't do that, my family will be furious that I'm not home on time!"

"Shoulda thought about that before you came in here." Ashton sat down on the ladder. "So spill."

"But I really can't tell you!" Luke cried.

Ashton studied his nails. "Why not?"

"I can't tell you that either." Luke sighed.

"Then I see we have a problem." Ashton said. He faced Luke, who was almost hanging upside down in the net. "What should we do about it?"

"You could let me go and I'll grant you a wish." Luke said.

Ashton laughed. "For real though."

"Im serious." Luke said firmly. "I swear on the power of love, I will grant you a wish."

Ashton eyed him. "You're so strange. I can't quite put my finger on it, but you're different."

Luke squirmed in the net. "These ropes are cutting off my circulation, please accept my deal."

Ashton sighed. "Fine, just don't sneak back here again." He untied the top of the net and it crashed to the ground.

Luke stood up and pulled the net off him. "Thank you."

Ashton picked up the fallen cleaning supplies and started walking.

"Wait!" Luke called. "Where are you going? I owe you a wish!"

"To wash these cleaning tools since I dropped them." Ashton said. "You can just leave."

But, the wish-"

"I'm not five. And you can go home before your parents get mad." Ashton called over his shoulder.

He left Luke alone and the boy frowned, determined.

"Ashton somethingcute Irwin, I will grant you a wish if it's the last thing I do. I promise." Luke vowed.

-

At school the next day, Luke came into class late.

He held his cheek with one hand and handed the teacher a note with his other hand.

Ashton watched as he took his seat, not making eye contact with anyone.

Feeling a bit bad about yesterday, Ashton cornered Luke after class.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked. "You were quiet all hour. Did you get in trouble with your parents?"

Lule kept his gaze at the ground. "I shouldn't talk to you."

Hurt, but trying not to show it, Ashton gave him a smile. "But you owe me a wish."

Luke finally looked at him. "What's your wish?"

"Oh...umm...." Ashton thought.

"Just tell me it when you think of it." Luke mumbled, his hand still covering his cheek.

"Wait!" Ashton reached out and grabbed Luke's hand, pulling him back. He gasped when he saw a large bruise cover Luke's pale cheek. "Luke! Who did this to you?"

"No one, I tripped." Luke quickly covered his cheek again and turned away, hurrying down the hall.

Ashton sighed as he watched Luke leave.

"Did I cause that?"

-

Previously...

Luke sprinted home after Ashton let him go.

Even with his long human legs, he knew there was no way he was gunna make it home in time for curfew.

He burst through the door, fifteen minutes late, out of breath and sweaty.

"Lucas, Lucas, Lucas." His father tsk'ed.

"I know, I'm so sorry." Luke pleaded for mercy.

"If you were really sorry about arriving late, you would have been on time." His father scolded, rising up from the couch. "What kept you?"

"I just...lost track of time." Luke lied.

"Let me rephrase it, who kept you?"

Luke sighed. "His name is Ashton."

"Then I forbid you to ever talk or see that boy again." His father scolded. "Humans are dangerous and stupid."

"But Ashton isn't! He's super cute and nice-"

Lukes dad struck Luke's cheek, knocking him to the floor.

"Never talk back to me again." He growled. "Now go to your room."

"Yes sir." Luke went to his room and cried silently. He loved Ashton, he didn't want to have to never talk to him again.

But his father's rules were always final.

-

At lunch, Ashton spotted Luke's known friends eating. He quickly went to their table and took a seat beside them. "Hey, you're Calum and Michael right? Luke's friends?"

"Um, we're kinda more than just his friends, but yeah." Michael said. "I mean, we're our own persons too. Just because we're not the main charcaters of this plot doesn't mean we don't play an important role."

"Ummm...okay." Ashton gave him a look. "Anyways, do you know how Luke got that bruise? I know he didn't trip and I wanna know who would deliberately hurt him like that."

"Okay, but why?" Calum asked, sipping his drink. "I mean, we're his friends and he wouldn't even tell us, so why would a random stranger like you even care?"

"I, well...because." Ashton blanked. He looked to the writer, who was literally just pulling this out of her ass because she knew she needed to update this but never planned out a fucking reason because she was too busy watching Gordon Ramsey slay bitches. She dropped her flash cards and said fuck it. Just go with it.

"Um, because, I- I care about him. And it may have been my fault." Ashton completely saved the situation and the writer will be eternally grateful.

"How so?" Michael asked.

"I may have angered his parents." Ashton mumbled.

"What are you doing here?" Luke asked.

Ashton looked up. "Hey, I just wanted to make sure you were alright."

"I will be as soon as you leave." Luke snapped. He slammed his tray down in front of Ashton. "You're in my fucking seat. Move."

Stunned, Ashton rose and Luke snatched away the chair.

"Goodbye." Luke shooed Ashton away when Ashton just stood there.

Reluctantly, he backed away.

"Dude, what the hell was that?" Michael asked.

"Nothing. He was nothing." Luke glared.

-

After school, Luke started hurrying home, hoping not to be late again today.

"Luke!" Ashton called out. He ran over. "What was up with you at lunch today? You're never rude!"

"I'm only rude to people I hate." Luke shot him a glare. "Can't you take a hint?"

Ashton stopped. He grabbed onto Luke and made him stop too. "Tell me what's going on. The Luke I know is sweet and kind and caring."

"Get off me, peasant!" Luke shouted.

"Not till you tell me whats up!" Ashton glared. He looked at the bruise. "Who did that to you?"

"I already told you, I tripped." Luke seethed.

"Onto a hand?" Ashton raised an eyebrow. "Floors don't have finger marks."

"This one did." Luke stuck out his tongue.

"Luke please." Ashton begged. "I feel like I caused it. Please don't hate me, I really like you."

Luke felt his will power wilting under Ashton's puppy eyes. "Just...stop talking to me."

"Luke...why?" Ashton asked.

"Because I'll get in trouble." Luke cried. "I don't want to get in trouble again."

"Did...did your parents do that to your cheek?" Ashton whispered.

Luke stayed silent, torn between lying and confessing.

"Oh Luke..." Ashton sighed. He wrapped the taller boy in a hug. "I'm so sorry, this was my fault."

"No, it wasn't. My dad is just strict because he cares about me." Luke mumbled. He stepped back. "Im sorry I was so rude to you today. Do you still want that wish?"

"I only want you to be happy." Ashton smiled.

"I'd be happy if I could get home on time." Luke sighed.

"Where do you live?" Ashton cocked his head.

"Why do you ask?" Luke frowned, nervous. Had he let something slip?

"Like, what street?" Ashton explained.

"Oh." Luke relaxed. "It's the street that cars drive down."

Ashton glared. "Don't be such a smartass, I'm just trying to help."

Luke was confused. "But...an ass is a term for a butt, which does not have the capabilities of being either intelligent or dumb."

Ashton huffed. "Whatever, be late then." He stormed off.

Feeling like he missed something, Luke hurried the other way.

-

Later that night, Luke Googled 'smartass' and a list of insults popped up.

He frowned. "Oh."

-

When Ashton came into class the next day, he went straight to Luke's desk.

He slapped his hands down on the wood, creating a loud slap.

Luke looked up. "You've announced your presence successfully."

"I'm sorry." Ashton admitted. "About yesterday."

"Me as well." Luke said. "Boyfriends?"

"What?" Ashton asked, confused.

"I mean....friends?" Luke stuck out his hand.

Slowly, Ashton took it and they shook.

"Do you know what you want for your wish yet?" Luke asked, smiling.

"I kinda wish I knew what was so different about you." Ashton said thoughtfully.

Luke tensed up. "W-what? I'm-no! I mean, I'm normal like you! Not saying that you're, like, average, because you're like extraordinary! But not saying that you're an alien! You're just perfect!" Luke was blushing so hard, he could feel his cheeks burning.

Ashton himself was blushing too. "I, uh, thanks." He brushed back a stray curl and ducked his head. "You're like a mythical creature."

Luke bit his lip. "If only you knew."

-

After school, Ashton waited for Luke at the front doors. "Hey."

"Hi." They started walking.

"I have a question." Ashton stated.

"Ask it."

"How the hell did you get stuck in that fishing net a few days ago?" Ashton asked.
"I mean, how did you even get inside?"

"Oh..." Luke looked up at the sky. "Well uh...."

"Tell me." Ashton stopped in front of Luke and put his hands on his hips.

Luke sighed. "It's...it's a bit complicated."

"Do I look like I give a fuck?" Ashton demanded.

"No." Luke admitted.

"So spill."

"Alright alright. I'll explain everything to you tonight. Can you meet me at the dock at six?" Luke asked.

"What? Why?" Ashton cocked his head.

"You'll see." Luke smiled. "I'm gunna wow you."

-

It was a little past six when Ashton sat at the end of the dock.

"Luke?" Ashton called. "Are you here?"

"Ashton! Over here!" Luke climbed over a large rock and Ashton frowned when he saw that he was shirtless.

"Where are your clothes?"

"Not important." Luke took off his pants and jumped into the water.

"Luke!" Ashton yelled. Luke didn't surface, and Ashton was about to dive in after him. But then Luke popped back up and smiled.
"Are you ready to be wowed?" He asked with a look that made him look like he was up to no good.

"What are you doing?" Ashton scolded. "That water is freezing!"

"Not to me." Luke looked smug. "I broke in to your storehouse because I saw a little minnow was stuck in one of your nets and I wanted to bring him back to life."

"What are you talking about?" Ashton exclaimed.

"You know how in cooking class our entree was alive?" Luke explained.

"Yeah?"

"Well, that was because of this." Luke pulled out a small bag and opened it. Ashton saw blue powder inside.

"What is that?"

"Watch." Luke swam over to a patch of dead grass and sprinkled the powder over it.

Instantly, the grass turned green again and stood up straight.

"What the fuck?" Ashton cried.

"Don't freak out!" Luke pleaded.

"I-Im not." Ashton said indignantly.

"Good, cos this is the best part." Luke smirked and slowly raised his glimmering blue tail out of the water.

Ashton was speechless.

"It's real. Im real." Luke smiled. "That's whats so different about me that you were talking about."

"I...you, wow." Ashton reached out and ran his fingertips across Luke's tail.

Suddenly, the water started churning. Waves grew bigger and violently slammed against the dock.

"What's going on?" Ashton cried, jumping up. "Are you doing this?"

"No! Its my dad!" Luke yelled. He ducked under the water and opened his eyes.

Overhead, Ashton saw the clouds start to spin and the sky darkened.

Luke surfaced again. "He knows I told you and now hes pissed!"

"Well turn human and lets get out of here!" Ashton reached his hand down to help Luke.

"I cant!" Luke yelled.

"What? Why not!"

"He can always find me, even if I turn. As long as im part merman, he can always track me down." Luke pushed Ashton's hands away. "He's going to drown you for knowing my secret, you have to get out of here!"

"I can't and won't leave you here!" Ashton protested.

"You have to! I'll be fine!" Luke splashed him. "Go!"

"No, there's gotta be something..." Ashton thought frantically.

"Ashton, there's not! Okay? Please just-"

"I wish you were human!" Ashton shouted. "I wish you were fully and completely, 100% human!"

Luke gasped as white wisps formed from nothing around swarmed him. They grew brighter and brighter and Ashton had to shield his eyes.

When it dimmed, Ashton lowered his arm and gasped when he saw Luke in the water. His tail was gone, and two pale legs were in its place.

The water had calmed down, and the sky was peaceful.

"Your dad lost your trail." Ashton whispered.

"And I lost my tail." Luke stared in shock at his legs. "Damn these are long."

Ashton helped him out and Luke pulled his clothes back on.

"Now what? I can't go home...like ever." Luke said.

"Sorry, I wasn't really thinking." Ashton led the way back to his house. "You can stay with me until my parents get suspicious. But no more turning dead fish back alive, we'll go out of buisness."

"I'll try to refrain." Luke said honestly.

"You can keep sleeping over at my place, we'll say we have to work on a big project together." Ashton walked as he thought. "I really didn't plan this out, I kinda shouted out that wish in the heat of the moment."

"I can't believe I'm fully human now." Luke murmured.

"Yeah, sorry again, you'll get used to it." Ashton waved him off.

"But think of the bonuses now!" Luke grinned. "Now we can have sex!"

"Luke no-"

"You can give me blowjobs!"

"Luke please-"

"I can join track!"

"Lucas! Oh wait, that's actually okay."

"And now you can also come swimming with me." Luke clapped his hands.

"Ew, and get my hair messed up? I should think not." Ashton snorted.

"What's my dad gunna do?" Luke fretted.

"Not find you, that's what." Ashton said firmly. He took Luke's hand. "I promise."

"Does this mean I get to sleep with you?" Luke giggled into his hand.

Ashton sighed. "I really really really should have thought this through."

Luke smiled and kissed Ashton's cheek. "But I'm glad you didn't."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

326K 15.2K 26
In which, Ashton has returned and Luke can't resist // LASHTON HEMWIN // CAKE HOODINGS // COMPLETED // ASDFLKJHG5SOS 2015
241K 2.8K 33
read my newest one shots on ao3, my username is dancingmalum these are my one shots from before I quit posting on wattpad.
129K 4.8K 200
(these are so bad and are from so long ago i wouldn't recommend) boyxboy blurbs that are MINE and there's MANY- ©michaelcliffwhore | 2014
93.2K 3.1K 199
so many blurbs so little time (and chapter space) ©michaelcliffwhore | 2016