𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐔𝐒 , 𝐋𝐔𝐊...

Oleh scoopsaharrington

𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐄𝐒 𝐕𝐎𝐋 𝟏-𝟐 & 𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐊 BEST JATP FANFIC '22 WINNER the boys were connected... Lebih Banyak

✨ 𝕙𝕚 !! ✨
𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞.
𝐕𝐎𝐋. 𝟏 - 𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐔𝐒
𝟙 , ghost of you
𝟚 , ghost of us
𝟛 , birthdays and... is that julie?
𝟝 , used to be
𝟞 , big news
𝟟 , headaches & hesitations
𝟠 , secrets & reality
𝟡 , a tell
𝟙𝟘 , mental preparation
𝟙𝟙 , regret & confessions
𝟙𝟚 , better
𝟙𝟛 , too many questions
𝟙𝟜 , some bobbie therapy
𝟙𝟝 , whoops
𝟙𝟞 , now or never
𝟙𝟟 , that could work
𝟙𝟠 , tell me everything
𝟙𝟡 , clouded judgement
𝟚𝟘 , unsettling feelings
𝟚𝟙 , needing more
𝟚𝟚 , early risers
𝟚𝟛 , familiar words
𝟚𝟜 , what a time
𝟚𝟝 , my forty year old friend
𝟚𝟞 , spill everything
𝟚𝟟 , that spark
𝟚𝟠 , end
𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞.
𝐕𝐎𝐋. 𝟐 - 𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐈𝐌
1 - the abundant its
2 - the beginning
3 - good listeners
4 - the third crash
5 - happier
6 - still broken
7 - moving on
8 - parents suck
9 - meant to be
10 - traditions
11 - too close
12 - THAT NIGHT , her
13 - THAT NIGHT , him
14 - to healing
extra, how they met
extra, "can we do it again?"
extra, meeting the boys
extra, "we're playing the orpheum"
extra, lets get married
extra, drivers license
extra, just for a moment
extra, rehearsing with the band
extra, skateboarding with willie
extra, iphones & tiktok pranks
extra, tiktok pranks 2
extra, movie night / jealousy
𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐊.
shocks ♪ sunset curve
shocks part two ♪ sunset curve
willie's sister ♪ sunset curve
replaced ♪ sunset curve
tshirt ♪ luke patterson
amp in the rain ♪ reggie peters
back to december ♪ alex mercer
julie's mom ♪ sunset curve
guitar lessons ♪ luke patterson
interviews with the band ♪ the band
new ♪ reggie peters
new2 (lover who can play the bass) ♪ reggie peters
new3 ♪ reggie peters
mad ♪ luke patterson
nightmare ♪ luke patterson
nightmare pt 2 ♪ luke patterson
panic attack ♪ reggie peters
blue for you ♪ reggie peters
student drop off ♪ charlie gillespie

𝟜 , flashbacks & first kisses

4.6K 90 7
Oleh scoopsaharrington

whoops kind of a long one, but i already have the next one planned so YAY
in to the part of the story that comes after season one...
~ remember that night by sara kays ~
2179 words

♥ ♫ ♥ ♫ ♥

"you're turn," luke stood up, gesturing you to take his seat behind the piano, "pick a song."

free from the threat of leaving each other ever again, now that caleb was over and done with, you and luke only grew closer. every night that you and luke got the garage to yourselves, you would take turns playing around with the piano and your song books, singing personal songs and jamming out to some old sunset curve singles.

"hmm," you skimmed your personal songbook, trying to find one you hadn't done in a while. ghost of you actually had become a pretty popular one, the sting of the song had faded and the two of you had fallen in love with it. it was like the weight of all that grief was finally taken off of your chest. but tonight, you wanted something different.

your fingers found a page that set your heart to your throat, and you hoped you could flip fast enough for luke not to question it. he knew you better than anyone, and always seemed to catch your brief expressions of panic or fear.

but, at the same time, you hesitated. maybe luke should hear this one.

luke realized you had been staring at the page for a while, he could tell you were deep in thought.

"hey, you ok?"

you looked up to meet his eye, "umm, yeah." you sat down, pulling your songbook to your lap, "i do have this one song," luke jumped up at your sudden hesitant attitude, an intrigued smirk on his face.

"ooooh," he taunted, reaching for your songbook, which you quickly brought away from his hands. your movement made his face drop, and he put his elbows down on the piano in front of you, "what's up?"

you looked down, "it's another song i wrote..." you sighed, "after you died." he frowned, but nodded, shifting to sit on top of the piano right next to you. right now, the boy was just happy you were willing to share something with him, so he didn't want to do anything to mess it up.

so he took your hand, "start when you're ready."

you smiled up at him, and took a deep breath.

you started the slow chords that set the tone of the song, and tried not to look at luke's face, that seemed to fall more and more by the second.

you took another breath, and sang.

"The day after you had all died
All I did was lay in bed and cry
and after one month, i couldn't just move on
but after two, I felt alright
Then three months in, you were still on my mind"

you took your first look back up at luke, who looked down at you from his position on top of the piano, and his eyes made your stomach drop. but you tried not to focus on their sadness as you continued.

"And month four and five, I was living my life
I was better and didn't have to try
to not cry over you, until he reached out
And said, 'Remember that night?' "

you closed your eyes as the memories came flooding back.

1996, a year without him

you sighed as you plopped yourself on your bed, smiling as you turned your head to face the picture frame on your nightstand. of you and luke, you smiled as you stroked it.

it was another day, another day had passed where you hadn't cried over your loss. you still thought of them, of course, but the grief had slightly lifted.

you smiled, and placed the frame back in its place.

the phone right next to it rang, and you stretched your torso farther to pick it up.

"hey." it was bobbie.

"hi bobbie." you smiled, happy to hear his voice. he had really been the one that helped you through all this, he was the only one that got it, and you could go through it together.

"what's up?" you titled your head so it held the phone in place against your shoulder, and you grabbed the frame again, holding it in your hands, placed on your lap. it always had calmed you that way.

"i was just thinking," his deep voice came through the phone, "do you remember that night we all hung out at that pizza place?" you heard his chuckle, "luke and alex wanted to try anchovies, and they both ended up throwing up. and we all made fun of your pineapple pizza." you laughed now, remembering how gross the fish topping really was.

"yeah," you muttered, sighing.

he sighed as well, "i drove by that place today," you smiled, loving how whenever either of you got a memory you just had to share it with the other, "i miss them. a lot." he hummed, and your smile dropped as you nodded.

"me too, bobbie."

it was then it hit you, you remembered. luke had driven you home that night. you had stayed for hours at the pizza place, even post vomit, just talking for hours with the band. it was close to midnight, and you all had called it quits.

"i'll drive you home"
his sweet voice echoed in your head, and you shuttered.

"hello?" bobbies voice pulled you out of your daze, and you cleared your throat, shaking your head slightly.

"you ok ?" bobbie said it like he already knew what just happened, because it had happen many times, both on the phone and right in front of him.

"n-no, i'm fine, i think i'm just tired." you tried to sound convincing, but bobbies tone proved you wrong.

"alright, just get some sleep, ok?"

you agreed, thanking him, and hung up the phone. it wasn't bobbies fault, he hadn't know what had happened that night. you closed your eyes, knowing you had to finish the flashback for you to feel better.

1994, that night

luke had driven the girl home, and it began to pour, so much they had to pull over.

his head rested back against his seat as he put the car in park, "sorry you're not going to make it home." the girl smiled, knowing her parents wouldn't care, and neither did she.

"it's okay." she giggled, being in the car alone with luke was never a problem.

"so," she hummed, "what should we do?"

the pair had talked for hours. they sat on the side of the road, fighting the noise of the rain hitting luke's jeep windshield. they laughed at each other and sang to the radio and spoke of fond memories that their mutual group of friends shared. they hadn't even realized it had hit 2am.

and then, the pair just smiled at each other, finding each other in a moment of silence. the boy had leaned over to kiss the girl that very moment. it was just then, that moment of pure silence and bliss, that they both had realized that the rain had stopped.

they both pulled apart, sharing a look of shock and disbelief that the other had felt the same way. it was like every bone of theirs was happy, their lips still close enough to share a few breaths as the moment processed in their minds.

and then, she just started to laugh. she laughed and laughed and tilted her head back, leaving the boy to question every decision he had ever made. his head tilted to the side,
was it bad? had he made a mistake?

once the girl finally caught her breath, she forced the sentence out.

"your breath smells like anchovies and vomit." she giggled again, and luke gasped, doubling over in laughter as well. he had forgotten about the whole night in just that second. that one second of bliss.

the pair laughed for what seemed like hours.

he look over his shoulder again though, smiling over at his girl and taking her hand as he put the car back in drive. the pair had left each other extremely happy that night.

and they never stopped laughing until she got out of the car.

1996

but all you could do now was smile at the memory that felt like a dream, and wipe the small tear that had left your eye. you know one day you'd feel better, about all of this, today wasn't quite that day yet.

you shifted down in your bed, and began to count all the memories just like that one as you fell asleep.

current time

you looked back down to your songbook, haunted by the days where you didn't have each other. the days that inspired this song. you started the chorus.

'we went for a drive, 2:30 in the morning
I kissed you, it was pouring
We held each other tight before the night was over
You looked over your shoulder"

you looked up at luke just as he began to remember that night too.

"Oh, I was doing fine
then he said, 'Remember that night?
Remember that night?'"

you took a deep breath, knowing the hard part was over. knowing that you were okay now, you were happy with luke again, there was no need to be sad anymore. you sat up straighter, clearing your throat, and continued the song.

"the day after he had reached out
I was broken for the second time around
I prayed on the third day that I would be okay
That I'd forget you were ever mine
Oh, I don't think you realize...
How long I had to fight to be living my life
To get better and never have to try
Not to think of you until he reached out
And said, 'Remember that night? Remember that night?'"

you had found luke appearing next to you on the bench, adding some melody behind your low keys, and joining in on the last chorus, peeking over to the song book in your lap for the lyrics. you just kept your eyes on him.

"we went for a drive, 2:30 in the morning
I kissed you, it was pouring
We held each other tight before the night was over
You looked over your shoulder.

Oh, I was doing fine
he said, 'Remember that night?
Remember that night?'"

you felt your fingers relax against the keys just as you finished the song, and there were a few seconds of silence, just your breaths were heard.

"it was bobbie who called," luke gently whispered, "wasnt it?"

you nodded, "we always called each other when we remembered something, or needed to talk." you smirked over at him, "he reminded me about that night we kissed."

luke smirked right back up at you, "well i got that part," he moved to bump his shoulder against yours, "who could forget that night." you blushed, nodding, "really though, you guys must've gotten close." he looked over at you again, curiosity plagued his eyes.

you nodded, "in a way, yeah. he was the only one who knew what i was going through. we both had lost you guys, and i can't believe he then lost me." you sighed, "i feel so bad." you leaning your head over to rest against his shoulder, and closed your eyes, "he must've felt so lonely."

"it's not your fault." luke put his hand on your head and stroked your hair, "i'm glad you had someone who was there for you though," you nodded against his chest, "and i'm also glad you didn't fall in love and have babies." you bursted out laughing at that.

"i'd rather kiss you with anchovies and vomit breath again."

you both chuckled.

"do you want to go see him?" you lifted your head, a confused expression crossing your face as you processed luke's words.

"i thought you hated that man."

luke nodded, "i do. he took everything from us, didn't honor our existence at all, basically forgot about us as a whole," luke pondered as he went through the list, "...but, he also helped my girl through the roughest years of her life and i think it would be good for her to see him again," you gave him a stern look, "fine! and it'd be good for me to see him too!"

you laughed, jumping up to your feet, "okay! let's go see an old friend."

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

24.6K 619 19
Reggie x OC [Season One Completed] Sydney had never really thought about death. She never expected it would come so soon. Her life was cut off at the...
354K 9.7K 21
Stephanie was living the dream. She was in an amazing band called Sunset Curve with her best friends. Not to mention they had the biggest gig of thei...
29.8K 574 17
"we're not who we used to be we're not who we used to be we're just two ghosts standing in the place of you and me trying to remember how it feels to...
111K 1.9K 48
Kayla never asked to join a band, but it was the best decision she ever made. Along with her best friend Alex and new friends Luke and Reggie, Kayla...