2 - the beginning

"the day bobbie showed up on my doorstep, soaking wet."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

1 9 9 5

FROM TEARS AND SWEAT, that is. you first had guessed rain, when you opened the door to find the boy just outside it, but it hadn't rained in months. it was california, in the depths of summer. rain was already forgotten.

and the boys were supposed to be at the orpheum right now. playing the show of their lives.

"bobbie?" you felt your eyes squinting in disbelief, and something in the air made your hands shake. maybe it was the look on his face.

"why are you soaking wet?" you asked, grabbing one of his hands abs pulling him inside, he just stared at the floor.

"i ran here." he mumbled.

"what- from where?"

"my house."

you started getting annoyed, "bobbie, why were you at your house?" you had begun to think you were dreaming, or that the boy in front of you had gone insane.

"because they're gone." he finally looked at you, "the boys. they're- theyre gone." his voice swelled into a stern one, as if it was your fault, "the boys are dead."

you wanted to laugh. you wanted to scream.

you did neither. you would soon learn shock and guilt would do funny things to a person.

"they left the orpheum, i stayed back to talk to some girl. and they got hotdogs. and they were found- they-" bobbie had been talking a mile a minute as he began to hyperventilate and sob, so much you had to hold him up, "we saw ambulance lights-"

"no." you finally interrupted him, "you're confused." you spoke harshly, like how a mother would scold a child, "they are at the orpheum! they're on," you looked at the clock, "they've been on for ten minutes and your missing the biggest show you guys have ever played because you're hear wasting time with me." you were speaking loudly, loud enough to attract your parents from upstairs.

"what's going on?" your mother said, half asleep.

"bobbie, tell them it's a lie." your throat croaked as a sob threatened to escape it, "tell them your joking!" it was finally settling in, something inside you had started to believe the boy in front of you. maybe it was the sadness in your dads eyes that grew with every sob, like he knew something you didnt, and didnt want to tell you.

"baby, we just got the call." your dad then appeared to your side, "it was lukes mother. they're gone sweetie."

at his words you fell on top of him, and your body gave out. he met you on the ground, stroking your hair and rubbing your back. your mother whispered sweet apologies in your ear, but not enough words to fill ten novels would be enough to fix the pain in your stomach. the guilt in your mind.

the uselessness of your being without them in this life.

and with you on the floor, both your parents above you, and bobbie standing staring mindlessly at the wall,

you screamed.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───