6 - still broken

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

2 0 2 1

"I WISH I COULD say we were watching over you." alex said darkly.

"looks like it's your turn to talk." you sighed, thankful for the emotional break you would get. you laid down, resting your head on lukes legs. he stroked your head, and sighed himself.

"i wish there was much to tell. it was really just blackness."

"never ending, eternal, inevitable-" reggie kept going with the synonyms.

"we get it." you glared at him, realizing julie had said the same thing. you girls giggled, and alex spoke up.

"it was just nothing. but it was so overwhelming." the boy looked like every pore of his skin was stressed, so you reached over to squeeze his hand.

1 9 9 5

( kind of )lukes pov

my eyes opened. but, at the same time, i couldn't really tell if they did. the black shade of the back of my eyelids matched the scene in front of me, the only thing telling me i was awake was the soft touch of my eyelashes on my skin. i blinked multiple times roughly, just to check.

oddly, i still tasted those hotdogs. with the mustard that was more spicy then sweet. and the weird sour taste of the meat that had rubbed me the wrong way. just for a moment, and then it was gone.

i groaned. and it sparked another next to me.

"alex?"

silence.

a breath.

"about time the punk woke up." reggie.

"what the heck?" i sat up, though, it felt like i didn't even have a body to move, "what is going on?"

"you've been out for hours," alex spoke from the void around me, "or days. who even knows." i heard him sigh roughly, "i think we're dead."

the news hit me like a brick. i lost my breath, dead? this must be some joke.

"what? how?" i almost laughed, but the pressing eeriness of the blackness around me forced me to stay serious. "i don't remember anything happening."

"it was those hotdogs man." reggie said, "remember that awful stomach ache we all got."

"i told you it was just nerves." the last few moments, of my life apparently, came back to me, and i felt the phantom pains of that stomach ache. ripping, spoiling pain of the food digesting. we all knew something was up, but didn't want to admit it. getting sick wasnt an option; we were playing the orpheum.

"well, looks like you were wrong." he said bluntly.

"we never got to play." i said lowly, and, if i could actually feel emotional pain wherever i was, i felt it now. stronger then ever. we were so ready to play that night, and, if we were dead, everything we did was all for nothing.

"that's what your thinking of right now?" alex said the words in a tone that instantly made me guilty, "what about our families? bobbie?..." he went on a full on list of things that were more important than our band. and he was right about all of them.

and her.

( alex had said her name early in the list, due to obvious reasons of the teens relationship status, but luke had been too deep in thought to notice )