𝟠 , secrets & reality

hope you're still enjoying :)) leave a comment on your thoughts so far!!

♥ ♫ ♥ ♫ ♥

the rest of the night was pretty quiet.

julie had told the gang she was tired and she'd be up to figure something out in the morning, and reggie had already passed out on the couch. the boy held a pillow close to his chest and lightly snored, a scene you would describe as cuter than a puppy.

luke had brought you over to a bean bag chair with him, and both of you laid on top of it. it was actually more comfy than it sounded and you found your back against his chest, which slowly rose and fell as he quickly fell asleep.

you, on the other hand, did not.

you stayed awake almost the whole night, thinking and processing the whole day. you had always been a bit more like alex than anyone else, but you never let it show as much as he did. you only let it show when no one was around.

or, on nights like these, when they were asleep.

you let tears fall from your eyes and tried to keep your breathing at a steady pace as to not wake up luke. this was all just... too much.

seeing bobbie tonight opened your eyes to how much he was hurting, and how much you were too. you didn't really know how much you meant to the kid back in the 90's, how much you had helped him. and when you died, how alone he must've felt.

suddenly, you didn't feel the hatred you used to feel for bobbie. he was alone, and scared, and didn't have anyone to tell him what was right and wrong. he had the boys songs, and he produced them. maybe he didn't see it as a big deal or thought he was honoring the boys legacies. no one knows for sure what he went through, and you were all too quick to assume the worst.

something you're father used to say, assume good intent, rang in your mind like a clock tower, and another tear fell down your cheek. it tickled your hair line.

and the possibility of talking to him made bile rise in your throat. it frightened you, to be honest. what would this do? would bobbie flip out? would you be okay? who knows how this could effect you mentally, talking to an old best friend when you're dead.

and what was luke hiding?

you knew your significant other extremely well, and you were certain something was bothering him that he wasn't sharing with you.

and you hated it. you closed your eyes tighter as to stop thinking about it. all of it.

you had found about an hour of sleep before your shoulder shook slightly. your eyes were still sticky from the hours of crying, but they peeled open to meet with alex's.

the sun was just barely creeping above the trees, and the garage windows let it cast slightly in the boys face.

"come on," he said dryly, "we need to talk."

♫ ♥

he brought you just outside of the garage, looking at the rest of the sleeping boys before shutting the door quietly. he seemed... tense.

"what's up alex?" you yawned, acting like you were wiping your eyes out of exhaustion, when in reality you were trying to clean them up from last night. more secret... you had lost count of the things hidden from your friends.

"it's about luke."

this made you stop, and lean against the garage door like alex was. you raised your eyebrows to show him you were intrigued, and he took a deep breath.

"remember that day that we missed julies gig because we were with caleb," he paused until you nodded, showing you remembered the event and the drama it brought, "well, earlier on, we all went to bobbies, and luke was the most determined for answers." he looked down at his feet quickly before looking back at you.

you were now more lost than ever, "what?"

he shrugged, "luke told us not to tell you, because he didn't want you getting upset about it. and we weren't even sure we'd be able to have the ability to talk to him yet, but now," he looked down at his shoes again, rocking back on his heels, "we might. with you."

you had so many questions. you weren't sure if you understood or were mad that luke kept that fact from you. the only question that escaped was "then why the sudden mood change?"

"i wish i knew!" he shrugged again, "it's really weird. but," he paused, "the only difference between this and the last time is..."

"i'm here." you finished, sighing, "this is why luke has been acting weird." you bit your lip, putting the puzzle pieces together. to why he was so distant during your talk last night, like he was hiding something. since he had gone without you, having the ability of talking to bobbie was probably the last thing he wanted you to do. but why?

"yeah, and now you might be our only way to talk to him." alex shrugged again, "i mean, maybe he has a point. you have barely spoken since we found all of this out. are you okay with all of this?" a rock settled in your stomach suddenly, and it was almost like a weight had been added to your body. the bile from last night rose up in your throat again and your knees buckled. all the stress from the past day built up at once. you began to panic, and tried to come up with an excuse to leave. to run. to vanish away from this entire afterlife madness.

alex's eyes showed more concern as your quietness continued, and you desperately searched for an answer.

i'm fine.
i'm more worried about luke.
i want to talk to bobbie again.
we deserve answers.
julie needs this.
it's just one conversation.
it's not like we're going to die!

i'm fine.

but instead, all you did was vomit.

alex said your name as you turned away from him to let out a second, and he tried to gather your hair and necklace away from your mouth. he helped you to the ground slowly, and rubbed your back.

you only let out a third, and groaned loudly. alex took his sleeve to wipe the sweat on your forehead.

"d-don-" you could barely get a word out, your breathes became so irregular. but you had to say this before anyone-

reggie calmly walked out of the garage doors, but his face changed when his eyes fell on you. his eyes said a million things at once, and his mouth fell slightly open, but the boy said nothing.

you looked at him sternly, when in reality your next words were directed to both of the boys, "don't tell luke."

a/n she's NOT pregnant, just stressed :)