10 - traditions

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

2 0 2 1

"ARE YOU OKAY?" LUKE asked as you tossed and turned in bed that night, for hours, "is all this talking okay?"

"about my past?" you thought, "i think so. why?"

"you haven't laid still for more than 43 seconds." he flipped to face you, and you raised your eyebrows, "i've been so bored i've been counting." you both laughed.

"you're a dork."

"and you're easy to read." he sighed, "you've been acting strange the past couple days." he reached the your hand, "tell me what's up."

"it's just a lot." you sighed, "reminiscing and all that."

luke saw the exhaustion in your eyes, and smiled.

"ive got an idea."

in a flash you both were on the roof, staring at the dark purple midnight sky above you, the stars twinkling like a movie scene. it had been gently raining, and you felt an overwhelming peaceful feeling as lightning struck a few miles away. "this always helps, doesn't it?"

you snuggled up next to him, "always."
_______________________________

1 9 9 4
your pov

you smirked as you slowly snuck out of lukes window, shifting slightly to the side on top of his rough roof. the sun had been down for hours, so the black top was cool under your finger tips.

you laid back, hesitantly at first as to not slide down the roof and fall off the third story, but your vans stuck to the roof and you sighed out, letting your eyes close.

this would become a new tradition for you, staring up at the starlit sky gave you the peace and quiet you constantly needed to think.

the window sliding upwards startled you, and you turned to see luke from inside it.

"what the-" he gasped, still half asleep as he looked around his house for you. he sent out his hand to you, "hey, get back inside. i don't want you to fall." he was scared you had gone insane. or crazy.

"luke, it's fine." you reached your hand to his, "come join me."

he was hesitant, but grasped your hand tighter as he scooched next to the roof closer to you. you muttered a soft "i wont let you fall." and he grumbled something about how he should be the one saying that. you smiled at his little defensive side, which came out a lot as you would break gender norms about a few things, especially when you asked him to prom (which you never ended up getting to go to, but still)

( you had asked with a 'i would be amped up if you went to prom with me' poster, reggie had helped and was extremely proud of his work )

once he got settled and stuck, he smiled over to you.

"this is nice." he smiled more, and you giggled.

"told you."

so, a tradition had started for the both of you.

laying side by side, counting the stars, and being with each others presence.
_______________________________

2 0 2 1
your pov

"do you ever think about him?" luke asked, trying to hide the smile on his face, "bobbie?"

he was just making fun of you, as you had asked bobbie a similarly-silly question back in your lifetime. you pushed his shoulder, saying a sarcastic "never" like he had.

"you had been talking about how hard our lives were," luke whispered, "but think about his. i mean, he might've not had many daddy issues, but he sure lost a lot." you frowned, as this wasn't the first time you had thought about it.

a moment went by, both of you thinking.

"do you want to go see him?"

you tilted your head the exact way when he had asked that question for the first time, "serious?" you asked.

"arent i always?"

"sure," you mocked your old self, "lets go see an old friend."

__

you both flashed to bobbie, expecting his bedroom or mansion to surround you both. instead, you were in a car. the backseat.

bobbie was driving.

"unexpected." luke muttered, but you had gotten excited actually. something a little unexpected was always nice.

"i wonder where hes going." you whispered, even though you didnt need to. you had figured out over time bobbie couldnt always see and hear you. you were thankful for that power at times like these.

"i think hes on cherry road." the fact of lukes words hit you both instantly, and a rock rose in your throat.

cherry road.

the road.

with the bend.

it was the road of your death, of bobbies crash, and the scene had hit too close to that nightmare of a night.

and, to make matters worse, it was pouring rain.