The Day My Love Flew Away (Ju...

By reverienna

Justice Series #2. Raszea Shekainah Zarate, a prim and proper type of lady but can also be adventurous at the... More

Justice Series #2
Simula
Kabanata 1
Kabanata 2
Kabanata 3
Kabanata 4
Kabanata 5
Kabanata 6
Kabanata 7
Kabanata 8
Kabanata 9
Kabanata 10
Kabanata 11
Kabanata 12
Kabanata 13
Kabanata 14
Kabanata 15
Kabanata 16
Kabanata 17
Kabanata 18
Kabanata 19
Kabanata 20
Kabanata 21
Kabanata 22
Kabanata 23
Kabanata 24
Kabanata 25
Kabanata 26
Kabanata 27
Kabanata 28
Kabanata 29
Kabanata 30
Kabanata 32
Kabanata 33
Kabanata 34
Kabanata 35
Kabanata 36
Kabanata 37
Kabanata 38
Kabanata 39
Kabanata 40
Wakas (1 of 2)
Wakas (2 of 2)
Author's Note

Kabanata 31

263 11 1
By reverienna

Kabanata 31 : Tough

My phone beeped again followed by another text from jane.

From: Jane

Anyways, he said that he dropped something in your car. Well, I hope it didn't got your hopes up.

Then she send it with a winking emoji. I took a deep breath, and type in a reply.

To: Jane

Ano daw nahulog niya? Tell him that I'll look for it. Ipapadala ko nalang diyan sa ospital kapag nahanap ko na iyon.

Jane replied but she said that he didn't told her what he dropped in my car. Hindi na ako nagreply pagkatapos non, I just patiently waited for mommy.

I think Mom and Dad are a bit fine now after what happened these past years. It hurts for my part that their relationship got scarred. But what can I do, it's their choice.

Nang makita kong papalapit si Mommy ay ngumiti agad ako sa kaniya.

"Let's order first, are you hungry?" she asked and got the menu.

"It's fine mom," I answered and picked from the menu too. I just ordered a pasta and some vegetable salad while Mom ordered some rice meal and a soup.

"How have you been in Clark?" Mom asked while we're waiting for the food.

I cleared my throat, "It went well po, nagkaroon po kami ng medical mission sa Zambales noong isan araw po." I started and continue the story by telling her what's only important.

We we're just talking about work when Mommy suddenly changed the topic.

"Do you have plans to get married? You're not getting any younger hija,"

"I know mom, it's just that it's not my priority and besides, I don't have a... boyfriend." She sighed and laughed a bit.

"You don't have a thing with Treyvor? You don't feel anything towards him?" She asked and I squeezed my hand below the table.

"I only think of him as a friend, Mommy and to be honest since then.. I tried to like him but love can't really be forced, Mom."

"Yes, I know that. Love should be felt and not be forced. I just want you to be happy when you fall in love, hija. Choose the one who will accept your flaws and will not hurt you, that's all I want for you, Raszea." I nodded and stopped myself from crying. Gladly, the food arrived and we started eating. The pasta was so delicious and it was just perfect for my taste.

"What if you should take a break and maybe take a tour around the country?" I smiled at Mom's suggestion.

"I want to focus on work muna po," I politely declined. Tumigil na nga ako sa trabaho ko sa Clark tapos ngayon naman hindi nanaman muna ako magtatrabaho sa Ospital.

"Okay, but are you not lonely or what? I'm really bothered hija, you should find someone who can take care of you.." Kumuha ako ng table napkin at pinunasan ang bibig ko bago ako nagsalita.

"I can take care of myself, Mom." I smiled and said it in a polite way. I know she's just bothered because I still don't have a boyfriend. I want to tell her that I don't need one but I'm afraid she might freak out that I'll stay single whole my life.

Good thing she didn't insisted on that topic. We just talk about some random stories, nang matapos na kaming kumain ay agad na kaming lumabas ng resto.

I badly want to ask Mom if they're now okay with Dad but I just shrugged it off. I don't want to open some wounds again. Our car both arrived and the valet handed us the keys. Mom went to her car but she stopped midway, I walked towards her and hugged her tight.

"Thank you for tonight, Raszea." She tapped my back, I hugged her for a couple of seconds before I withdrawed from the hug.

Nauna na si Mommy habang ako ay nakasunod lamang sa kotse niya until we took different lanes. Sa condo na ako dumiretso para makapagpahinga na ako pero nang makarating ako sa parking ay naalala ko iyong nahulog daw ni Jac. I opened the lights and tried looking inside but I can't find anything and besides I don't even know what it is.

Tumigil na ako sa paghahanap at umakyat na sa condo para makapagpahinga na ako.

***

I'm meeting Aisha today, she still doesn't know the reason why I was gone for a long time. I didn't have the guts to tell her back then and I feel so guilty that I wasn't there for her when Tita Ashienne died.

I got at our meeting place first so I just ordered a cup of coffee while waiting for her. I was busy scrolling through my socmeds when a message popped up.

From: Iya

Doc, can you call me right now? Jane is bugging me and I'm kinda annoyed right now because it's my time of the month. Pleaseee.

I dialed her number and she answered immediately.

"Hello? Makulit ba?" I asked and chuckled.

["She's so annoying, mabuti at hindi na ako sinundan pa." She said and I can feel her rised up tone. ["Anyways, thank you for saving me,"] she chuckled on the other line.

"It's fine, wala rin akong ginagawa ngayon e'. Just waiting for a friend," I said and take a sip on the coffee.

["Ahh"] malisyoso niyang sabi. ["Sige na Doc, enjoy your day, with your friend."] she said and I just ignored the tone of her voice. Kasi naman, it's just Aisha I'm waiting. We bid goodbye before we cut off the line.

Medyo matagal pa akong naghintay bago dumating si Aisha na mukhang nagmamadali. Natawa ako nang bahagya, umupo siya sa harap ko at nagpunas ng pawis.

"Sorry, may tinapos pa kasi ako." She said. Malaki ang pinagbago ng kaniyang mukha, her face became more mature. Namumula siya nang bahagya dahil sa pagod at medyo magulo rin ang buhok dahil sa pagtakbo niya papunta rito. "Titig pa, matutunaw ako uy," Sabay kaming natawa, lumipat ako sa tabi niya at niyakap siya.

"I miss you, Aisha," Sambit ko at hindi napigilang mapaluha. She's my closest friend and I can't help but to feel sad because I feel like we have a big gap to fill in again after years I went away.

"Zea," she just said and tapped my back. Bumitiw ako sa yakap at pinakatitigan siya, namumula na agad siya dahil lang doon. "May problema ba?" She asked and reached for my face to dry the tears. Umiling ako at hinawakan iyong kamay niya.

"I feel like I'm a bad friend," sabi ko na sinundana naman niya agad ng ilang beses na pag iling.

"Hindi... for me you're the best." She said. Napatingala siya at pinipigilang umiyak. I look around and stood up. 

"Can we talk somewhere else? I think I'm gonna cry a lot," I said ro her as tears pooling at the side of my eyes.

"Tara," she help me stood up and we went out the cafe.

Nag drive thru muna kami bago dumiretso sa condo ko. Wala naman daw siyang trabaho mamayang hapon dahil tinapos na niya lahat kagabi hanggang kaninang umaga.

When we arrived at the unit we sat down the couch and played some random movie on the tv. 

"How's life been going?" She started to ask after a few seconds of silence between us.

"Tough," I said and just stared at the wall.

"Yeah, life's tough because it's how it should be. Not everything goes the way you want to be because life doesn't favor anyone."

"Fate never favors with anyone," I added.

Kung ano ang nakatadhana, siyang mangyayari. I don't believe those who said write your own destiny becuase if destiny isn't with you it will never happen. Any obstacles, circumstances, in any situations, in the end... what lies in your fate.. it will happen.

"I'm sorry if I wasn't there for you when your mom died," I said and sighed.

"It's okay, I wasn't even with her 'till her last breath." She bit her lip and covered her eyes. Lumapit ako sa kaniya at niyakap siya. "She died suddenly, way to early..." She said in between her sobs.

I feel like my heart aching. What if I died too? Will she be okay? I don't want Aisha to feel the pain of losing someone dearly to her again.

"What happened to you in Florida?" She asked when she stopped crying. Tumingin siya sa akin at tumango lang. "Tell me," she urged me.

I told her everything that happened. I feel like a heavy baggage was lifted in my heart.

"I didn't even know that my best friend," her voice cracked, unable to say some words. She just hugged me tight instead.

"From now on, we still have each other..." She said and we cried together for the years we spent by apart.

We've been friends since we're teens and I'm so happy to have her in my life. 

"You can always call me if you have some problems? Don't shut the door, Zea." She said and took a deep breath. "Kain nalang tayo, mas mabuti pa 'yun." She said and stood up to arrange the food on the table.

Tumayo na rin ako dahil napagod ako sa pag-iyak but somehow I feel relieved.

All you need is a heart-to-heart talk to release all those unwanted thoughts and I'm thankful that I have a friend like Aisha in my life.

***

I arrived early at the hospital because I have to do some things. Inaayos na din ang schedules ng operations na gagawin ko, I think I will be full-packed this week.

As I was walking in the middle of the halls, my feet automatically stopped when I saw a familiar man. May kausap siyang nurse pero agad ding lumiko pagkatapos makausap iyong nurse.

Maghapon akong babad sa trabaho. Mukhang magkakapaltos pa ko dahil sa heels ko kaya nagpalit nalang ako ng flats. It's almost seven in the evening and I was on my way to the left wing where my office is located when suddenly the emergency button was ranging around the hospital.

Tumakbo ako papunta sa emergency room. Maraming sugatan and most of the beds where occupied and all the doctors were busy reviving and attending the patients.

I roamed my eyes around and saw a stretcher being pushed it's way to the emergency room. I went near them and saw a familiar face. 

"Doc, he lost a lot of blood and there might be some fractures in his body. He jumped out the building with that woman." Tumingin ako sa kabilang banda at nakita ang isang babaeng walang malay at maraming dugo.

"Be careful," I said as they transferred him to the bed. I checked his vitals and his head. His condition is... not good. "Prepare the operating room," I said but his vitals started to dropped.

I did everything I can to make him stable as we prepare for operation. When I got his vitals stable we prepared to go to the operating room. We can't afford to lose a single second because his condition is critical.

While they were transferring him to the OR, I suddenly remembered why that guy is so familiar. That guy is Ryland, and he's Jac's cousin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 3.9K 21
Dice and Madisson
371M 8.9M 100
This work of fiction may include potentially disturbing readings, scenes and discussions around topics such as sexual, self-harm, physical violence...
1.4K 853 90
Blue and Jai were cousins ​​and they had a relationship that their family never imagined.
803K 41.2K 61
• NOW A PUBLISHED BOOK • Available in National Book Store and Fully Booked, also in Precious Pages Bookstore's Shopee, Lazada, and TikTok shop. • Fea...