My Alpha Mates

By RachelEllen7

After leaving her ex, Rachel moves to a small town in rural Missouri. She quickly finds herself between two m... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 1

3.3K 96 8
By RachelEllen7

Rachel POV

I felt the hot tears start to roll down my face and the familiar burn rises in my throat as I thought of him again. Cheating bastard! I hated myself for missing him and questioning if I was doing the right thing. As if he can read my mind his name comes up on the caller ID on my phone as I continue to drive.

My heart beats quicker and I feel my hand go to answer it before my mind can stop it. I hold my breath as the music stops and his voice comes on the speaker in the car.

"Hey, where are you? Sugar I'm sorry ok? Just forgive me and I'll make it up to you. I promise." His words fill the tiny space in my car and I feel my heart longing to be in his warm touch again. Then flashes of her and him run through my head and I feel the sob leave my throat.

"Sugar, don't cry. I'll come get you just tell me where you are." He tries to coax me into telling him what is going on. I hadn't seen him in a week and he had no clue where I was or what I was doing.

"Come on, I love you. Please she meant nothing. You and I can fix this. I know you are my soulmate, and I am so sorry." His voice sounds desperate through the phone, but something in my mind says not to believe the emotion in his voice.

"I have to go." I choke out as I continue to sob. I pull my car on the side of the highway. I try to calm down and see through my eyes that are filled with tears.

"Sugar come on, let me in. I promise I will never hurt you again. It was a one time thing and I will make it up to you. You were so busy with work and I was lonely." He tells me and my grief turns to anger in a split second.

The rage fills my lungs as I scream, "You were lonely? I was fucking always at home waiting for you. You were the one that was out. I worked from home so I could make you happy, but you cheated on me!" My chest was heaving as I gasps for oxygen to replace what I just yelled out at my ex.

"Now, you know to not talk to me like that. I said I was sorry. You need to get over it and come home now." He says as his voice fills with disappointment and slight anger at my outburst.

"I can't." I say simply and hang up. I feel my chest constrict as I sob and sob and sob for everything that has happened. For the life I had planned with this man to the fact that I was running away from my home and family for a new start. For the love I still had for him and how pathetic that made me feel. For all the time and energy, I had put into this man and our relationship. For everything that will never happen now.

I only stopped when I had no more tears left to cry. I sat there and rocked back and forth trying to soothe myself. My life was sitting in this car and moving attachment. I was so lonely.

I heard a knock on my passenger side window. I look up with my tear stained face and see a police officer standing at my window motioning me to roll it down. I press the button and look up at him. He was in his fifties with a big belly and large mustache.

"Ma'am is everything ok? You're on the side of the highway do you need any car help?" He asks me kindly as he takes in my face and soaking wet shirt. I look down and feel tears well up again.

"No Sir, I'm sorry I started crying and pulled over so I wouldn't hurt anyone. I can get moving." I tell him quickly rubbing my face.

"It's ok. Are you ok to drive? You can take all the time you need." He tells me with a small smile. I look at the clock and see that I need to get going if I am going to meet with my new landlord soon.

"I do need to get going I have to meet someone to get the keys to my new place. Thank you so much for checking on me." I tell him honestly. He smiles at me.

"Of course, where are you heading?" He asks curiously.

"New Haven." I say automatically.

"Well welcome to New Haven Ms. Are you moving into Donna Jefferies house?" He asks me and I gasp in shock that I am already here, and he knows where I will be staying.

I nod at him and he laughs. "It's a small town, everybody knows everybody." He tells me. I smile and nod at him.

"How bout I follow you to make sure you get there ok?" He suggests to me. I nod and say thank you as he walks to his cop car.

In twenty minutes we have pulled into a drive way by a small house on the end of a dead end street. A woman in her 70's comes out the front door as I get out of my car. She waves at the officer who gets out of his car and comes up to my side.

"Here you go ma'am. I hope you are ok. If you need anything I live three houses down." He says as I look at the house he has pointed out. It was a two story white house with a beautiful lawn. "My wife, Mirabelle and I would love to help you out." He tells me. I smile at him and can't believe he is being so nice.

"Thank you so much officer-." I begin but realize I don't know his name.

He chuckles and extends his hand to me. "You can call me Tom." He says his voice full of warmth.

"Thank you, Tom. My name is Rachel." I say as I shake his hand.

"Now I'll check on you tomorrow. Mirabelle is dying to meet the new neighbor." He says as he walks away. I wave goodbye to him and turn to the old woman waiting at the house.

"Hello, you must be Rachel. I'm Donna." The woman says to me as I approach her. I shake her old wrinkled hand and smile at her.

"Hello, it's so nice to meet you." I say.

"Come on in and I'll give you the tour." She says as she turns and heads in the front door. I follow her into the small red house and am glad to see furniture and hardwood floors in the living room. We walk around the house and I see the kitchen, basement/laundry room, bedroom, and bathroom. It was plenty of room for just me and that was all I needed.

"Well sweetie what do you think?" She asks me.

"I love it." I tell her.

"The furniture is included in the rent and rent is due the first of the month." She says as we sit on the couch.

"Sounds great. Here is the deposit and first and last months' rent that we talked about." I hand her an envelope full of money.

"Well you are all set. Here are the keys and you have my number if you need anything." She hands me a key ring with three keys on it and I take it. She walks to the door and says goodbye as she walks out.

I immediately start unloading boxes into the house. I get half of the boxes in before my stomach grumbles at me. I quickly go to my room and change and check my face in the mirror. My face was pale but wasn't blotchy from crying anymore. It was good enough to go grab some food.

I head to my car that I had already unhooked from the moving part and head to the grocery store I passed on my way through town. It takes five minutes before I'm in the parking lot of the mom and pop grocery store.

I walk in and grab a cart. I see multiple people stop and look at me, probably since I was new to town, but I try to ignore them. I grab kitchen staples like milk, eggs, bread, and a few things for stir fry. That will get me through the week I think as I stand in the checkout line.

A teenage boy is ringing me out as I put all my items on the belt. "How are you today Ms." He asks me.

"I am fine. How are you?" I ask politely.

"I'm doing well. Are you new in town?" He asks me curious.

"Yes, I just arrived today." I tell him. He smiles at me and finished bagging everything. I put my card in and pay.

As I do that he says, "Welcome to New Haven. We are happy to have you."

"Thank you." I say as he hands me my receipt. I give him a smile and take my bags and leave. As I am packing up my car I feel someone staring at me. I look up and don't notice anyone at first, but then I look across the street and see Tom standing at the exit of a Café with several other cops.

They all look at me and wave as I'm sure Tom is telling them I am his new neighbor. I wave back as the door opens again. I see a tall man with dark black hair and piercing blue eyes exit the café with a coffee in his hand. He had broad shoulders and a handsome face that was Hollywood worthy.

I felt the air go out of my lungs at his hotness. He notices their gaze on me and looks my way. Our eyes connect and I see his face drop. Oh, ok. Well that was not what I was expecting. A smile maybe but not a look that looks like I just destroyed your world.

I quickly climb in my car and pull away as I feel confused and embarrassed by his reaction. I notice him still staring after me in my rearview window and I head back home. I put my groceries up and continue to unpack my clothes when the doorbell rings. Surprised I head to the door and can't believe what I see when I open it. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 4.2K 19
Callie can't seem to take her mind off of Alpha Knox. After seeing him when she was 8 for the first time he never seems to leave her mind. What happe...
1.2M 27.3K 33
ʟʏᴄᴀɴ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ʜɪꜱ ᴘᴀɪɴᴛᴇʀ ᴍᴀᴛᴇ ✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨ 𝓢𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂 𝓲𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓼𝓲𝓬𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓫𝓪𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝓸𝓷 𝓼𝓮𝓰𝓰𝓼. 𝓢𝓸 𝓷𝓸 𝓿𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓷 𝓸𝓻 𝓼𝓪𝓭 𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓲�...
MONSTERS By Bella

General Fiction

14.5K 537 13
They are all monsters and she is an innocent angel trapped in their world. Being a human in a world dominated by supernaturals is hard but it is noth...
825 18 26
What happens when her true love is a guy she despies