Red Shadow

By lanzagba

Rosemary is a fighter, an assassin, a killer, a hitwoman. The best hitperson in the underground world until o... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
ANNOUNCEMENT

37

1.3K 38 0
By lanzagba

"Do you want to eat ice cream and watch a movie?" Damon asked in a whisper. They were trying to sleep but Damon just couldn't after what she said earlier. He couldn't deny that he was falling in love with her and he was just really happy. "Ace," he said while poking her shoulder.

"Damon, go to sleep," she groaned and buried her face in the pillow.

"I can't," he whispered and got on top of her to kiss her ear. "Wake up."

"You're squishing me," she groaned and huffed while turning her head to the side.

"Then wake up," he said rolling off of her. She turned and glared at him.

"Why do I need to be up? Watch a movie yourself," she said and he frowned while gathering her in his arms.

"Because I want attention," he whined and pulled her on top of him. She groaned and pushed off of him. "Ace."

"Damon, go to sleep," she said and threw at a pillow at his face. He smirked and leaned over kissing her cheek. He kissed down her jaw and neck while running his hand down her body. He knew exactly how to wake her up.

"Come on Ace," he said and slipped his hand in her panties. She turned to lay on her back and looked up at him. "Hey," he said and kissed her nose. He went to take his hand out but she grabbed it.

"No no. You aren't going to wake me up and then tease me," she said and he smirked kissing her.

"Hmm, better make it count then," he said and went under the covers. They both laughed when he grabbed her legs and pulled her towards him. He smirked before eating her out. She grabbed at the sheets until she finished. Damon came back up and kissed her. "Good?"

"Average," she said while sitting up. He scoffed and knocked her back on to the bed. "Damon!"

"Ace!"

"You annoy me," she said and sat up knocking him back. She climbed on top of him and held his arms above his head.

"Yea, what are you going to do about it?" He asked and she smirked before leaning down and kissing him. He tried to move his hands but she just held them down. He groaned when she moved her hips against him and tried to move his hands again. She pulled back and climbed off of him to walk away. "Ace, that wasn't fair," Damon said and got up jogging over to her.

"Sure it was," she said and he grabbed her waist to turn her to face him. "It's 1 in the morning. Why can't we just sleep?"

"Because I couldn't sleep," he said and tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Then go drink a mug of chamomile. Oh, I should show you the mugs I got," she said and happily jogged to the kitchen. "Look how cute," she said holding it up to his face.

"Adorable," he said and set it on the counter. "But I don't want tea, I want you," he said and kissed her forehead.

"I'm tired," she whined and walked back towards the bed. Damon followed and climbed into bed next to her. He grabbed the book from the table and looked down when she rested her head in his chest. He wasn't going keep her up if she was really tired.

"Goodnight cara mia," he whispered and kissed the top of her head. She hummed in response and he rubbed her back while reading the book. With in a few minutes she was already back asleep. Damon looked down when he heard her soft breathing and smiled. He already knew that he loved her but he was going to wait until she was ready. Especially after hearing what happened to her.

He thought maybe that's why she was good with Vel. She was a mother at one point but never got to really be a mother. He couldn't really see her being a mom but it was possible. She had a soft, playful side that she only showed with him. Damon ended up falling asleep a couple hours later while in the middle of a paragraph.

Rosemary woke up first in the morning and felt something hard on her head. She brought her hand up and pulled the book off of her face. She marked the page it was opened on and set it back down. Damon was out cold so she got up and walked to the bathroom. After brushing her teeth she decided to make breakfast for them.

She decided that since she wasn't going to be working for a while she should at least start training more. That meant high protein and working out everyday. She used to make quinoa egg scramble all the time so she put the quinoa on before going to the closet to change. She put on some workout clothes and French braided her hair before walking back to the kitchen. She grabbed a pan and started cooking the scrambled eggs.

She looked over and saw that Damon was still sound asleep. She smiled small before moving to drain the quinoa and added it to the pain. She put a couple pieces of bread in the toaster while grabbing plates. It would be good for her to get back into working out daily. When the toast popped up she jumped before taking them out and spreading almond butter on them.

"Hey baby," Damon said in his low, raspy morning voice while wrapping his arms around Rosemary from behind. She didn't even hear him get up or walk over. He kissed her cheek while grabbing the toast and biting it. "What's this?"

"Scrambled eggs, spinach, and quinoa," she said while putting some on a plate. Damon walked over and picked up the fork to take a bite.

"Why the fancy breakfast?" he asked while grabbing his own plate. She walked over and sat at the island bar.

"Not fancy, high protein. I'm working out today," she said while eating her food. Damon joined her and put an arm around the back of her chair.

"So you're becoming a fitness geek?"

"Yes," she said nodding. She needed to do something to keep herself fit and occupied.

"I have no problem with that but can we please keep eating cookie dough ice cream because that's sort of our thing," he said and they both laughed.

"I'm not doing some super diet," she said and laughed again. She shook her head and they made some small talk before she cleaned up the dishes. "Are you coming with?"

"Yea," he called from the closet. Rosemary was washing a plate when she remembered something.

"Hey, isn't Vel's birthday coming up?" she asked and Damon walked out of the closet in sweat pants and a cut tank top.

"Yea, it's this weekend," he said walking over to her. "We are having a small thing, you're coming."

"You think that's a good idea?" she asked and he nodded while kissing her temple. She was still just a bit uneasy about how Vel felt about her. Rosemary's first impression wasn't that great.

"She asked me to invite you. Almost forgot actually," he joked and Rosemary just nodded. "She doesn't hate you. I think she actually likes you."

"I don't understand why she does," Rosemary said while leaning against the counter. Damon chuckled while rubbing his forehead.

"Because you're a girl and you helped her. She never brings up the whole holding a knife to my chest thing," Damon said since she knew that's what Rosemary was doubtful about.

"Well, if I'm going I need to get her a gift. What does she like?" Rosemary asked.

"Anything pink, she likes cows. I have no idea why she likes cows but she's obsessed with them," he said and she laughed. "She's been talking about Uggs and bath bombs. I have no idea what those are," he said and she just chuckled at his confusion.

"We can go to The Grove later," she said and grabbed her duffle bag along with her keys. Damon tucked his phone in his pocket and followed her out the door. "Oh and Uggs are boots. Bath bombs are like these things you put in the bath water and it makes it smell good and turns it different colors. I've used them before."

"I don't see what the point is. She's been wanting to play basketball too since Jay and Luca play," he said and Rosemary raised an eyebrow.

"I played basketball in high school," she told him and he chuckled while looking at her. "Point guard."

"You didn't strike me as an athlete," he said and her jaw dropped.

"I used to be a fighter too," she laughed and got in the car. Damon chuckled and followed.

"I just mean that you're not really a team player."

"Yea I fouled out quite a bit," she said laughing as she drove off. Damon put his hand on her thigh and chuckled.

"What was the worst foul?"

"Oh, full blown fight sophomore year. She was talking smack and pulled my damn pony tail. Got her ass beat," she said and Damon laughing shaking his head. The gym wasn't that far so it only took a few minutes before they got there.

"3 miles, under thirty minutes, inclined. I can finish first," Damon said walking over to the treadmill. Rosemary raised an eyebrow and followed.

"You're on," she said and stepped on the edges of the machine. Damon smirked while they both set it up. "Start on 7."

"You're going down Ace," he said and she shook her head. They set up their timers and started jogging. Rosemary immediately turned her speed up to nine miles per hour. She usually did eleven or twelve but the incline made it harder.

"Jessi!" Rosemary called after a couple minutes. The long haired body builder popped up from behind the desk. "Good music please," she said and he laughed.

"You say that every time. This is what the people want," he said while changing the playlist on the computer.

"And I'll keep saying it," she said and Jessi waved her off. Damon chuckled and Somebody Told Me by The Killers came on. After around seven minutes she was a mile in. She increased her speed to ten and sweat was already dripping from her forehead. Damon looked over and increased his speed too.

"Try hard," Damon said and she laughed shaking her head. By fifteen minutes she had already hit her second mile and Damon had too but his legs were burning a bit more than Rosemary's were.

"Anddddd done," Rosemary said at twenty one minutes. She turned the speed so it slowly decreased the speed.

"I should've figured you would finish first," Damon said at twenty six minutes. She smiled and hopped off using the towel to wipe her face and neck.

"I literally run all the time for my job. I did when you fucking captured me," she said and he raised an eyebrow at her.

"Hey hey, that was just business," he said raising his hands up and she scoffed.

"Yea okay," she said and laughed before starting to stretch some more. Damon joined her but could barely do what she was doing. "You should really stretch more."

"Shut up Ace," he said and she laughed while going into a side split and resting her arms on the ground in front of her. For the next few hours they lifted and did bag work. They decided to spar next time they came. They went home and took quick showers before driving to the mall.

"I haven't worked out like that in a while," Damon said while rolling his shoulders.

"Yea neither have I," Rosemary said and cracked her neck. She reached across and held onto his hand while driving. He squeezed it and ran his thumb across it.

"Where are we going?" he asked when she pulled into a spot.

"Nordstrom, Sephora, and Nike," she said and he blew air out his lips while getting out of the car. He never really went shopping since he didn't like it and didn't see a need for it. "They have good coffee here and there's this sushi place that's really good."

"Well we are getting lunch there because I love sushi," he said and Rosemary nodded her head. They walked hand in hand through the stores gathering different bags and gifts. Rosemary had gotten her cute Uggs that had bows on them, a set of bath bombs with flowers in them, and a pair of basketball shoes.

"Do you think she'll like it?" Rosemary asked as they walked into the restaurant.

"I think you're spoiling her," he said and she waved him off.

"It's exactly what she wanted."

"Exactly," Damon said and she shook her head while sitting down. "You can't buy her forgiveness when you already have it."

"I'm not! I just have more money than I need," she shrugged. She liked having spending money and money to save. She always went all out for giving people gifts and going on vacations. "Speaking of that. I'm going to Amsterdam this year."

"That's interesting. What's there?"

"The Jordaan, Van Gogh museum, Anne Frank house. A bunch of stuff. You should come with," she said and Damon shook his head. He wanted to go but that was going to be when the attack was and he couldn't.

"I can't. I don't want to leave Vel for that long," he said and she nodded.

"Okie. You have to call though," she said and he scoffed.

"Of course I'll call," he said and she smiled. He was honestly not sure how long he was going to be able to call for. He could die during this and knowing that could happen made him feel so guilty. He knew that Rosemary had love for him and that if he died it would destroy her. Not only that but he had Vel to think about. She was still a little girl who needed her dad. Growing up in this world with out a parent makes it so difficult. Rosemary would know. Damon knew he was going to fight to come back to his two girls. He would fight and fight until he couldn't anymore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 30.2K 39
He's rich. He's dangerous. He's sexy. After moving to California, I met a notorious bad boy named Ace. As my feelings for him grew stronger, so did m...
1.9K 68 30
I never considered the possibility of saying it outloud to him. To tell him the words i wouldn't even dare wisper to him. The way his eyes are focuse...
79K 1K 16
| book #1 | ~The story of Valentina Russo and Ace D'Angelo~ ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Two broken sou...
82.3K 1K 61
𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆: 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄, 𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐆𝐒, 𝐀𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐇𝐎𝐋, 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒, 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 ...