Conflicted (Boyxboy)

By InfamousLove

~ "When I first met you I had no idea how much you would end up meaning to me." ~ When Riley is once agai... More

1
2
3
4
chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter nine
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
chapter 14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
chapter 23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
chapter 34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
140
141

139

4.3K 138 148
By InfamousLove

Waking up this morning was slow, usually Aaron would get up around 9, even if he didn't have anything scheduled, but he stayed.

I woke up a few times as I usually did, taking note of the light and then going back to sleep. I was well rested, so didn't really need to keep on sleeping, but felt too relaxed to want to get up.

I vaguely remember grabbing Aaron's arm when he tried to move at some point, and hugging it stubbornly. I'm pretty sure he chuckled before gently saying something and kissing my temple.

Eventually I couldn't get back to sleep even if I tried. I didn't move though, just stayed still, smiling as I felt Aaron's fingers absentmindedly stroking my side.

I eventually sighed, readjusting my position and he leaned over my shoulder, playfully wrapping his arm around my waist. "How long are you going to laze around in bed?" He asked into my ear and I chuckled.

"How long are you?"

"Well I'm being held hostage." He excused and I tssked.

"What are you being threatened with exactly?" I asked, turning over to face him.

"Your incoherent mumbles of complaint mostly." He said and I snorted.

"I'm plenty coherent now." I raised a brow.

"Okay, then I'm free." He said, starting to get up and I immediately grabbed him making noises of complaint. "Riley."

"I have not released you!" I stated and he chuckled.

"It's nearly 10.30."

"Key word being nearly." I pointed out as I clung onto his arm.

"Sure." He sighed, lying back down and I smiled at him brightly.

He eventually raised a brow, then chuckled. "What are you smiling about?"

"Nothing in particular." I chuckled, kissing him on the cheek. He frowned in confusion, tilting his head a little.

"Are you in a funny mood again?"

"Wow ruuddee. What if that's my normal mood?"

"God help me if that's the case." He teased and I pulled my tongue out at him.

"It's too late to turn religious now, you're stuck with me." I joked, and he smiled at me warmly. "What?" I wondered when he didn't respond and he leaned forward and kissed me.

I blinked for a few moments before smiling. "You don't surprise me when you do that anymore."

"Yet you've gone just as red as usual." He quirked a brow and I frowned.

"Lies."

"Don't worry, it makes you extra cute." He commented and I made a face. "That doesn't." He complained and I chuckled.

I stifled a yawn before turning and looking out the window. The sun was out, and it didn't look too unappetising.

I flopped back down on the pillow. "Five more minutes."

"Sure. Just five."

"Did I say five? I meant thirty."

"Riley."

"Hrmph." I mumbled into the pillow.

He didn't say anything else, but eventually shuffled closer, pulling me against him slightly and resting his cheek on the top of my head.

Um, this is cute.

I didn't react much, just adjusted slightly and closed my eyes as I leaned into his chest.

We stayed like that for a while, knowing Aaron it was probably exactly five minutes.

"We need to get up." He eventually said, breaking the silence and I huffed.

"Whyyy."

"Because we need to be productive, and get ready to go out."

"Why do you need to be productive?" I questioned, raising my head and then just lazily planting my face into the crook of his neck. "Ughh."

"Because it's healthy."

"Sure, we are being productive." I commented and he fidgeted and chuckled slightly.

"You're tickling me." He complained and I smirked, raising my head again and staring at him.

"How is this productive?" He questioned and I shrugged.

"I don't know, self care and that, endorphins or whatever." I said lazily, dropping my head onto the pillow again.

"Riley, stop being lazy." He commented, pushing my head up and I chuckled.

"I'm just conserving energy." I stated, still not lifting my head by myself.

"You're always conserving energy." He complained, eventually tssking and giving up holding my head up. I chuckled in amusement as I plopped back down onto the pillow.

"Your point?" I questioned, slightly muffled and he rolled his eyes at me before pushing me over. "Harassment!" I complained as he leaned over me.

"Riley, you need to be ready to go at 11.15. Including having a shower." He stated, leaning in. "Because you have morning breath." He said and I chuckled.

"Oh really?" I raised a brow, lifting my head up and then dragging my tongue up the side of his face.

"Riley!" He complained, trying to escape and I laughed.

"Daww, now you smell better."

"Are you implying, that I stink worse than you?" He made a fake face of horror and I shrugged.

"Your words not mine."

"Alright, time to get up," He started pulling me by my arm but I just ragdolled. "Unless you want me to bring the shower to you?"

"What does that mean?" I chuckled, only half off the bed and he huffed, giving up.

"You're going to find out." He suddenly turned and walked out of the room and I just looked after him in mild concern.

It was a few moments until he returned with a cup of water and I immediately darted up, screaming when my legs got caught in the covers.

"Don't you dare!!" I warned in a screechy voice and gasped when the water hit my chest and head.

I slowly turned to him with an unimpressed expression as he held back a chuckle.

"Watch your back, buddy." I threatened and he smirked. "I'm going to kill you."

"After you've had a shower, and got changed, preferably." He said and pulled my tongue out at him as I stood up to grab my clean clothes.

I pretended to make a move towards him and he quickly span around and fled making me chuckle.

---

After I had showered and changed I quickly made my way downstairs, not forgetting to brush my teeth, of course.

I made sure to be quiet, not wanting my presence to be known, I checked my bedroom first, because that's where Aaron would have showered, but of course he was done already.

I headed to the kitchen, and spotted Aaron, Chester and Luca at the counter. The others would be at school already.

Target acquired.

I quickly assessed the situation. Aaron and Chester were sitting on bar stools facing away from me, but Luca was standing opposite. He'd see me if I approached...

Hm, maybe he'll understand what I'm doing.

I entered the kitchen quietly, Luca didn't notice me at first, but tilted his head when I grabbed the spray bottle from the sink.

I put my finger against my lips and he raised a brow, then just awkwardly looked away.

Luckily that wasn't too unusual behaviour for Luca, and the other two didn't notice.

So close...

...Just a bit further.

Tied hair has made the perfect opportunity.

I quietly raised the bottle, aiming for the back of Aaron's neck, Chester noticed me in the corner of his eye but it was too late.

I squirted the bottle and Aaron made a yelping noise, getting up so fast the stool clattered onto the floor.

He span around and looked at me with wide eyes, then frowned, then made a face as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Riley!"

"What? I told you to watch your back." I shrugged as the other two just looked confused.

"You just sprayed fairy liquid down my back!"

"Watch and wash." I chuckled.

Chester snickered. "What on earth have you two been doing?"

"He assaulted me with water this morning."

"Okay, fair enough."

"Water evaporates!" Aaron complained. "I'm all slimey now."

"Yeah...you smell nice though." I smiled and he gave me a look, suddenly bringing his hand and wiping the soap onto my face. "Ew!"

"Seeing as you like it so much!" He stated and I chuckled.

"Don't you have somewhere to be Aaron?" Luca asked, but was smiling with a raised brow.

"Yes, as I was saying," He huffed as he walked over to the sink. "Riley is coming with me today to campus." He looked at me flatly as he washed the soap off with a cloth.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Luca frowned.

"It'll be fine." He said as he stood next to me, then snatched the spray bottle when I threatened him with it. "...I hope." He mumbled and I chuckled.

"It's highly unlikely anyone will notice he doesn't attend." Chester reassured while reading his phone.

"If they do you'll be in trouble." Luca worried.

"Non-students hang around campus all the time, there's that student hair salon and restaurant that brings people in so I doubt there'd be a problem." Aaron explained.

"Yeah they bring in friendly little old ladies not..."

"Not what?" He frowned.

"Murder victims?" I joked and he looked genuinely lost. "The scars and eye kind of make me stand out." I explained.

He shook his head. "I don't really notice the scars around your eyes." He said and Chester snorted.

"Yeah because you're too busy getting lost in them like a chic flick protagonist." He remarked and Aaron stared at him flatly.

I gave Chester a look and he shrugged. "What? Harrassing my brothers about that is my favourite thing."

"Remember when we talked about you finding a hobby?" I teased and he rolled his eyes.

"Harhar."

"The worst that will happen is that I'll be told to leave." I reassured when I noticed Luca still making an anxious face.

Aaron sighed. "Don't be such a worry wart, besides, he can't stay here. Only Chance and Zac are at home today. And Chance is busy."

"Do you really think there's a danger there?" Chester questioned.

"I'm not completely sure, so we're not going to take any risks." He stated and I bit my lip.

I don't think there is, I simply don't want it to be awkward. Or be on my own...

"Well you better get going." Luca commented while looking at his phone.

"Right, good point." Aaron handed me a bar before walking out into the hallway.

I smiled at Luca as he watched me. "Are you alright?" I wondered.

"Yes... don't stay out too long. And don't wander off by yourself." He warned.

"And don't run away into the sunset either." Chester commented with a snicker and I flicked him on the back of the head as I walked past. "Ow!"

"I'm not a toddler going to the funfair, stop fretting." I sighed.

They never change.

---

The campus was huge, as expected, so many signs everywhere, different colours pointing to different parts of the campus.

There was even a horse sign for an equestrian course, and a sign to the mechanics campus down the road where I went with Zac. And a sign to the university hospital.

I felt a little out of place, everyone seemed so busy and put together. Well, as much as a student can be.

More than me is my point.

Honestly the staring wasn't bad, everyone was so diverse and unique that they were probably used to it. I had to stop myself from staring at some people who really stood out.

I got a little anxious as we entered the main building, so many people, think it was between lectures. I grabbed onto Aaron's arm when I nearly lost him and he chuckled at me.

People.

... People.

This isn't a good idea.

I just remembered I don't like people.

"Don't worry they're harmless." He reassured when he noticed my anxious expression.

We walked into a quieter place, looked like a large communal area.

He started walking over to a group of people on the sofas, and then grabbed my wrist when I began to fall back.

Noooppee.

"I promise they're friendly." He persisted when I gave him a look.

"I can't believe you're doing this to a fellow introvert, betrayal!" I complained as he practically dragged me towards them.

"Approaching is the hardest part." He stated simply and I froze when a few curious eyes landed on me.

I stopped pulling and smiled politely.

Forget a spray bottle, I'm going to drown this man when I get the chance!

"Aaron!" A woman smiled brightly when she noticed us, and then all of them turned.

Help me.

"He brought someone! That never happens." A rather flamboyant looking man chuckled.

I've never seen a more diverse friendgroup...

Lots of obviously queer people, one that honestly looks like a Mormon, one that is still in sports gear, and one that looks like they're about to go to a rock concert.

Are they classmates or something? But they can't be in Aaron's class...so a club?

Ah, let me guess, they're vegans.

"Gasp!" A pink haired girl stood up on the sofa while dramatically staring at me and I took a step back. "It's the British guy!"

"What?" I couldn't help but exclaim and Aaron chuckled.

"I may have mentioned you a few times."

"I'm a huge fan!" The pink girl giggled and jumped over the sofa.

Ummm.

"Restraint, Diana, he's shy." Aaron warned and I gave him a look.

"Aww just like you." The punk girl sitting next to where 'Diana' had leapt from teased.

"Except I'm used to you, and he is not."

"Well I'm glad you dragged him over here, for whatever reason." One of the boys chuckled.

I'm nottt.

"Well I need to go to my lecture and home isn't the best place right now."

"So you brought him here to be adopted by us!" Diana clapped her hands together excitedly and I smirked.

I want whatever she's high on. Seems like it's just life though.

"Uh, not exactly, was just planning on dragging him along with me?"

"What! No! He has to stay here!" Diana complained and the punk girl pouted.

"Um rudde, you still haven't introduced us!" A boy who hadn't spoken yet interrupted them.

"Oh right, guys, this is Riley. Riley..." He sighed looking at all of them. "That's ....them."

"Wowww." Another girl gave him a look and I smiled.

"That's a cute name! Ahhhh!" Diana dragged her hands down her face dramatically and I tilted my head.

She's insane.

"Calm down Dee, remember British people are sophisticated, poised, matureee."

"Overwhelmed." One of the ones on the furthest sofa smiled condescendingly while glancing up from a book.

"Who wouldn't be."

Are they expecting me to start talking about tea and scones or something.

I looked at Aaron and unsurely and he chuckled.

"Usually everyone isn't in one place." He excused awkwardly.

"We're not that bad. Anyway, that thing there is Diana, I'm Roxie, there is Lucy, Jamey, Florin and Josie." The punk girl introduced casually and I just blinked.

"Thanks, I may need you to reinforce that information at some point."

"He spoke!"

"Pleaseee speak more." Jamey, I think, smiled while leaning on his palm.

Discomfort is happening.

"They don't bite, I swear." Aaron reassured.

"At least not without consent." Jamey winked and I chuckled.

Coming on a bit strong there mate.

"James." Aaron gave him a warning look and he gasped dramatically.

"What did I do?!"

"How do you know eachother again?" Another boy whose name I had already forgotten asked.

"Um." Aaron paused, then looked at me with a frown.

"Right..uh..." I bit my lip. "Through family." I chuckled.

"Okay, but why bring you here I wonder." Diana dramatically stroked her chin.

"Hmmm." Roxie smiled and chuckled.

"Thought you'd appreciate meeting another vegan." Aaron answered after a few moments of contemplation.

Sureeee that's believable.

"What!!" Diana jumped up again and practically attacked me with a hug.

"Okay then." I froze up while Aaron winced.

"Diana don't just manhandle people like that, you don't know how they feel about being touched."

"Don't catch whatever she has." Roxie commented.

I'm confused, and scared.

"Wait a second." The boy with the book frowned. "You said you didn't actually bring him to campus to meet us."

"Right, well we just needed to get out of the house."

"You live in the same house?"

"Oh stop with the interrogation! This is the British kid that was his stepbrother but isn't anymore because his mother is actually a conwoman and they had the whole stalker attacker guy scenario thing." The other girl, Lucy I think, blurted out and I turned to Aaron with a raised brow.

"She wanted to know why I was skipping lessons." He excused and I chuckled.

"We're also late to one!" She got up, and one of the boys followed suit.

Classmates I guess.

Aaron looked at me. "You should probably still come with me."

"Oh don't be so jealous! We'll look after him, I swear!" Diana clinged onto me again and I smiled at her politely.

I looked at Aaron as he frowned in contemplation.

If you abandon me I swear to god.

"I don't know about you but I wouldn't risk it with Henrietta's hawk eye, she would totally notice him." Lucy said as she waited for him.

"If you think so."

I just stared at him, expressionless, but still probably getting my feelings across.

He chuckled awkwardly. "They'll calm down once you get to know them, I swear."

He better not be.

"I'll only be an hour."

He is.

"Yesss. We'll treat you right we swear!" Jamey exclaimed while fidgeting in his seat.

Oh dear.

"Sure, see you later." I smiled at Aaron and he smiled before turning around and leaving.

Count your days mister.

"Sooo, what's it like being a vegan in England?" Roxie inquired, leaning on her arm, and Diana started to drag me towards the sofa.

"Sit downnn, make yourself at home!" She dramatically patted the seat and I chuckled.

Okay she's kinda cute.

"Um, I'm not really in England that often." I answered as I gave in and sat on Diana and Roxie's sofa.

The worst sofa to sit on, not like I had a choice.

Diana squeeked excitedly before sitting down on the other side of me and putting her hands on her lap like she was holding herself back.

I feel genuine fear. Like I'm sitting next to a bomb.

"Ooh...like Josie I guess. Where are you from then?"

"LA, Texas, a little time in Wisconsin and other places."

"Other places? Mysterious." Diana chuckled.

"What's Aaron like at home?" The boy with the book asked, changing the subject.

"In what aspect?"

"Does he talk to you a lot? He never talks to us, he's like a silent brooding BFG." Roxie stated dramatically then chuckled.

"Talks a normal amount I guess."

"Normal?? What! No fair, doesn't he like us?" Diana pouted.

"You just get on his nerves Hun." Jamey pouted back and she threw a pencil case at him. "Ahh! Homophobia!"

"Soo, spill the tea, wait, is spilling tea like, scandalous in England?" Diana asked, assuming she got sidetracked from wherever the start of that sentence was going.

"Um, you mean gossiping?"

"No, actual tea!"

"Diana." The book boy gave her a look. "Pretty sure we went over this when we met."

"You don't count Josie! You're not from England, you're Welsh."

"It's literally the same culture."

Huh, I didn't notice the accent.

"No it's different! He's like the people on TV, and you just sound funny!"

When the boy didn't say anything she looked back at me expectantly.

I chuckled. "No, tea isn't sacred or something strange."

"Oh okay..."

"So?" Roxie frowned at her.

"So what?"

"Why were you talking about tea? You were going to say something."

"Oh! Ah, nah...I need to observe for longer me thinks." She nodded to herself and leant back in her seat.

Kay.

"Excuse my boldness, but may I ask why you're all friends?" I questioned and Jamey chuckled.

"So polite! Speak clean to me more honey." He chuckled again.

"Oh!" Diana sat up excitedly. "It's a long story"-

"-We're the college's vegan society." Josie, the rather stern looking one with the book, stated bluntly and Diana snapped to him with a betrayed expression.

"I guess that explains why you're all so different."

"Yep, kindred spirits, with individuality." Roxie smiled.

"Can you tell us some more juicy deets about Aaron please." Jamey leaned forwards and I frowned.

What the hell are deets.

"Pardon?"

"Tell us about him at home, he doesn't talk about himself much." Roxie translated.

"Uh, what would you want to know?"

"Where does he go in his spare time? Apart from the sanctuary of course." Josie asked.

"Well, the daycare I guess, around the woods, and prefers to stay indoors, introvert stuff."

"I thought the sanctuary was the daycare? Day care, of the sanctuary." Diana frowned.

"No Diana, it's the kindergarten." Roxie clarified.

"Children? Ew!"

"You're so dense." Josie commented and she scoffed and then hit him.

"Rude!"

"Get a room." Jamey made a face at them and Diana threw another item at him.

"Shut up! Don't say things like that."

"Aw does it make you blush!"

"He's bullying me! Roxie."

"Don't bully the child James."

Friend groups are so...hyper.

"Come on I want the British cutie to speak more, think of a question." Jamey chuckled.

"He wasn't talking about you by the way." Diana looked at Josie flatly and he put his middle finger up at her while making a face.

"Ummm, do you like unicorns?" Roxie asked then cringed and chuckled.

"They're pretty neat." I smirked.

"Oh oh unicorns! I've thought of a question." Diana exclaimed, then frowned. "Hmmm. How to ask it...."

"I've got your back honey DW." Jamey brushed her off. "Can you say yes?" He looked at me seriously.

"Yes?"

"No like, exclaim it!"

"Whyyy?" I raised a brow.

"Oh, not that kind of exclaim. Like Shalissa the drag queen just finished her song." He said and I chuckled.

I see where this is going.

"Yasss?" I chuckled again as he nodded his head.

"Yep, he's gay." He stated and I shook my head with a smile.

"I am."

"Darnit!" Roxie huffed.

"I win, bitcccch!" Jamey pulled his tongue out and laughed, getting a few looks from passer bys.

"Are you single babe?" Jamey winked and I shook my head and smiled politely.

"I'm not." I answered vaguely.

"HAH." Roxie pointed at Jamey dramatically and he pulled a ridiculous face at her.

"Fight me whore!"

What an intriguing dynamic these lot have.

"What about Aaron?" Diana suddenly asked.

UH.

"What about him?" I kept my cool.

"What's his sexuality? It's still a mystery."

"Pretty sure he's ace." Roxie commented.

"Even if that's true you can have romantic sexuality! Is he into girls??"

"I don't think I have the right to answer something private like that." I explained.

"You don't." Josie stated and Roxie scoffed.

Is that shade?

"Sheath those claws! Damnn" Jamey laughed and Josie gave him a look.

"I'm just saying, only the person who's sexuality it is can answer a question like that. Not like someone who's only known him a few months would know anyway."

It was silent for a few moments and I realised they were all looking at me.

"Sorry what?"

"I don't know, expected you to fire back at least." Roxie chuckled.

"Fire at who?"

"You kinda passive, it's cute." Jamey smiled, leaning on his hand dreamily.

Why do I get the feeling this guy is doing things to me in his head.

"They're always so sophisticated and wise, and mature." Diana sighed.

"They really aren't Dee." Josie gave her a flat look.

"Don't ruin my fantasy!" She stood up and started hitting him with her bookbag.

What is they? I have a feeling she's talking about British people again.

"Aren't British people usually villains in American movies?" I wondered.

"That OR they're the hunky gorgeous new guy at school the protagonist dreams about and eventually marries." She sighed dreamily.

"Not hunky at all, so he must be the other one." Josie commented and I chuckled.

"If you knew I'd have to kill you."

"All your shade just evaporates when it reaches this adorable bean honey." Jamey chuckled at Josie.

"I'm not shady." Josie frowned.

I have a feeling this guy is just on the autistic spectrum, so I'm not going to take it personally.

That or something has made him decide not to like me. Or both.

"Are you a high school student?" Roxie suddenly asked.

"Not exactly. Dropped out."

"You're not a minor are you??" Jamey asked with wide eyes.

"No." I answered and he relaxed.

"Phew."

"How did you drop out of high school?" Josie frowned.

"A few things happened, got in the way.."

"Ah, the, you know, face thing?" Diana cringed and I nodded.

"That and I'm not very bright." I smirked.

"Don't matter to me, I love a stay at home hubby." Jamey commented and had yet another object thrown at him.

"Don't be a home wrecker James, this gem is taken." Roxie stated and put her arms defensively around my shoulders. "By me." She added then started giggling.

Cute.

"Always knew you were desperate enough to steal from the other team." Jamey commented while sassily inspecting his nails and she scoffed.

"At least I'm not drooling over somebody else's man!" She fired and he scoffed.

"Bitch! I don't drool."

"Speaking of, do we know your boyfriend?" Josie asked bluntly and I chuckled awkwardly.

"I don't know who you know." I answered vaguely.

Please don't dig. Please.

They only know one person I know...this is a loaded question.

"We know of the brothers and a few other connections, just say their name and we might recognise it."

Is this tactical warfare in question form?

This hoe is coming for me for real.

"Don't pressure him!" Diana pouted and hugged me defensively.

Wow, stuck between two women, in another life I would be enjoying this.

They're probably only doing it because I'm gay though.

"Besides if he doesn't answer I can still pretend his boyfriend doesn't actually exist." Jamey commented and Josie rolled his eyes.

"You're a thirsty rat Jamey!" Diana exclaimed while throwing an empty cup at him and he gasped dramatically.

"You say that like being a rat is a bad thing! Scrapper and Daisy would be offended!" He exclaimed and I chuckled.

Let me guess, those are his rats.

"Aren't you guys here to study?" I wondered and they all made noises.

"Wow way to kill the fun!" Jamey tssked.

"He's right you have a test." Roxie commented.

"We're in the SAME CLASS."

"So? I'm done."

"What?? Show me you backstabbing whore!" He got up and approached her.

"I'm still using it!" She huffed when he grabbed it.

"Would you like me to swap seats?" I suggested as they had a tug of war.

"Oh, sit where you've been, my pleasure!" Jamey exclaimed and I chuckled as I stood up. "It's like second hand touching." He commented and I shook my head at him.

"You're going to freak him out James we want him to come back."

"Don't worry, I've met stranger people before." I reassured.

"With a face and body like that I bet you have honey." Jamey commented and they all just looked at him.

"Whoah, dude, insensitive."

"What?" He frowned, then went wide eyed. "Not the scars! I meant the gorgeous features. Sheesh." He defended and I smiled.

"Ever thought about wearing make up on that?" Diana asked curiously.

"No, not really... haven't had the chance to, they're kinda fresh."

"Oh..." She trailed off. "I should probably shut up."

"The amount of times I've prayed for you to say that." Jodie commented and she made a face at him.

"Shush, children!" Jamey demanded seriously and I smiled at them as they started to settle down and study.

---

Not like I really expected any better, but their collective attention span only lasted around ten minutes until they started questioning me about strange things again.

They wanted to know about the queen, and driving on the wrong side of the road, and scones, if there were vegan scones, what animals lived there, are there strip clubs there. You know, totally normal questions.

It seemed like Josie was more qualified to answer those questions than me, seeing as he actually went to visit family there often, but I guess the novelty of his accent had worn off a while ago.

Rip.

They eventually moved on to asking me questions about Texas, if I'd ever hooked up with a cowboy, did I ever run into a cult, have I ever seen a bull with those giant balls. You know, more totally normal questions.

I was on my phone when Aaron eventually came back, and tensed up when he sat next to me until I realised who it was.

"Oh, hey." I smiled, forgetting about the picture I looking for.

"How's it going Sunshine?" He smiled, and the girl that had just walked in behind him paused. Lucy, I think.

"I'm great, I survived the onslaught." I commented and Diana chuckled.

"What did you just say?" Lucy asked quietly, dramatically staring at Aaron.

"What?" Aaron frowned.

"A second ago, you just called him..." She drifted off, then stared at me intensely. Aaron just gave her a stern warning look.

What is happening.

She then smiled, and chuckled.

"So Riley," She sat the other side of me. "We haven't had time to talk yet."

Um.

"No we haven't." I smiled politely.

Just going to roll with this.

She looked me up and down. "You're pretty cute, I approve."

"Uh, thanks?"

"Wow Lucy not you too, we've already had Jamey and Roxie harassing him for an hour." Diana rolled her eyes.

"At least we haven't been insulting him like Josie." Roxie commented and Josie scoffed.

"I was not insulting him!"

"Bullshit! Big Texan Big Balled Bull Shit!!"

"What happened?" Aaron questioned, ignoring the strange sentence that just came out of Roxie's mouth.

"I can't even remember most of them." I reassured but he frowned.

"Most of them?"

"Oh, they weren't really insults." I chuckled.

"Honestly this guy is pretty patient and passive to have survived the whole hour, which is unusual considering, you know." Roxie commented and made a face.

Diana blinked at her. "I don't know..."

"You know..." She went a little awkward. "The PTSD..." She said quietly when people wouldn't stop staring at her.

I smiled. "I don't have PTSD." I explained and she frowned.

"Uh really? I-" She paused, something beside me catching her eyes, then stopped.

I followed her gaze to see the end of Aaron motioning with his hand across his throat. He looked away awkwardly and I chuckled, raising a brow.

"I don't have PTSD."

"No, you don't." He said without looking at me in the eye and I scoffed.

"Aaron!" I jabbed him in the side. "I do not!"

"What was that about Texan Bulls?" Aaron deflected and I snorted.

"Don't start this again." Josie sighed.

"They were just asking about Texas, best to leave it in the past." I warned.

"I'm from Texas." Lucy commented flatly and Jamey stifled a snort.

"Wait really?" He frowned and she chuckled.

"No. My dad is."

"Northerners." I commented and Roxie threw a pencil case at me. I flinched when Aaron suddenly caught it before it reached me.

Where are they getting these from.

"Nice, should have been a football player." Lucy commented.

"No fair! There wasn't someone protecting me when he threw one at me!" Roxie complained.

"I did no such thing!" I gasped. "That was a plastic cup, not a pencil case."

She rolled her eyes at me as Aaron snickered.

"Why is it called football if you use your hands?" I questioned and Diana chuckled.

"Uh." Josie frowned, obviously used to giving the answers to things. "I don't know."

"You kick it as some point." Diana stated.

"But you kick the ball all of the time when playing actual football." I said.

"Ooooohhh nooo." Jamey chuckled while shaking his head dramatically. "We're not starting this war."

"What's he talking about?" Diana questioned quietly.

"Soccer." Roxie whispered and I smirked.

I looked at Aaron when they started arguing quietly with Josie. "How was your lecture?"

"Fine, I'm a bit behind."

"Where did the other one go?"

"What? Oh Florin? He's done for the day, like me."

"Oh, do you want to go?"

"Don't need to be anywhere just yet."

"Where are you going?" Lucy asked.

"Just to the animal sanctuary."

"You're taking Riley? Rude! You said visitors weren't allowed back stage." Diana picked up on our conversation and pouted.

"I can only take one person, so I can't exactly choose only one of you can I."

"Well what's so special about this guy?" Josie asked a loaded question again.

"Well I'm sure the visitors like some human attractions to look at too." Lucy diverted and Diana giggled.

Aaron was just staring at Josie flatly, made me a little nervous.

"Well they definitely stare, but I don't think it's anything to do with attraction." I commented.

Josie eventually started looking at his phone awkwardly with a red face.

Literally stared down, that's hilarious.

"It definitely is, your scars make you look hot not just attractive." Roxie smirked.

"Stoppp." I chuckled uncomfortably.

"Has she been saying stuff like that the whole time?" Aaron questioned.

"Wouldn't be Roxie if she didn't" Lucy commented.

"Uh yeah, GUESS who's unusually silent! JAMEY was worse than me!" Roxie said defensively.

"You are ALL a bunch of thirsty hoes." Lucy stated and Jamey scoffed.

"Says you! You said the same kinda thing not five minutes ago to him!"

"That was different." She excused and Diana just rolled her eyes.

"You lot need help." She stated and Jamey just elbowed her and snorted.

Aaron didn't say anything, just smiled in amusement, guess he was used to this kind of conversation. Kind of explains why they think he's silent all the time. They're always talking about things he can't relate to.

"You feeling alright?" Aaron questioned when he noticed me looking at him.

"I'm good."

"No soreness or sensitivity?"

"Nope, I'm fine." I said, and he narrowed his eyes making me chuckle.

"Sometimes I mean it when I say fine."

"Yeah...I guess so." He stayed looking suspicious and I smirked.

"I wouldn't have any reason to lie." I smiled at him warmly.

"Any sensible reason at least." He commented and I rolled my eyes, then winced.

Ow. That one hurt.

"You need to stop doing that."

"I don't do it as much anymore!"

"And? I said stop, not do it less." He raised his brows and I gave him a look. "You almost rolled your eyes at me then didn't you."

"No comment." I said and he chuckled.

"You haven't stayed behind after lesson for a long time Aaron, what's different?" Roxie questioned suddenly.

"Yeah, you always leave and never talk to us."

"Sorry, I do text." Aaron frowned.

"That's different! You're supposed to hang out with us, and we ask you silly questions like how are you, what's going on in your life etcetera." Diana pouted.

"One would assume the reason he leaves early is gone." Lucy stated.

"Or is here rather than at home." Jamey quirked his brows at me and I smiled awkwardly.

Oh dear.

"So?" Jamey pushed when Aaron didn't say anything.

"So what?"

"So! How's your life? What are you doing?? Anything! Speak!" Jamey huffed dramatically and Aaron chuckled.

"Life is great, and I'm currently sitting on a couch." He answered and I snickered.

"Wow." I gave him a look and he shrugged.

"Those are vague questions, I don't know what to say." He excused eventually when they all just looked at him.

Social skills on point.

"Met anyone new recently?" Roxie questioned and he frowned.

"Not really. Have you?"

"Sure! I've been going to improv sessions and everyone is hilarious." She chuckled.

"Noooppee not the improv weirdos again." Jamey huffed.

"What? He asked!"

"He's deflecting!"

"I'm not!" He chuckled. "I thought this was a mutual exchange of information."

"It's not!" Diana puffed dramatically. "This is an interrogation." She said and I smirked.

"Better run while you still can." I commented and he shook his head.

"There aren't any questions I'm afraid of you asking."

Not so sure about that.

"You're a locked book Aaron, LOCKED!" Jamey huffed.

"Why? I've never lied to you." He frowned.

"You never say anything eitherrrr."

"You never ask anything."

"Sure we do, we have collective conversations, but you never contribute! Ya just sit there."

"I say things sometimes." He defended and I chuckled behind my hand.

"Think you might be friends with a bunch of extroverts, love." I commented quietly and he snickered.

"That or they're a few marbles short."

"I heard that!" Diana pouted. "I love marbles!"

"Okay, sure, if you're so open then I'll just ask you any question I want to?" Jamey said intensely.

"Sure."

I looked at Aaron with a frown, but he genuinely didn't seem bothered about what he could be asked.

Well, okay then, as long as he doesn't mind.

"Got anyone special in your life?" Roxie giggled.

"Sure, everyone's special." He answered seriously, but I could see a little twitch of a smile.

"Wow okay so that's it! You weren't actually planning on answering the questions properly." Jamey huffed and he chuckled.

"I don't understand what you're talking about." He shrugged and Jamey rolled his eyes.

"He's just pulling all your legs, because it's so damn easy!" Lucy chuckled.

"How about we ask Riley questions about you."

"You've been asking me questions like that all day." I smiled.

"And you don't answer properly either!"

"I answer questions that I know how to answer."

"Lies."

"To be fair we have known Aaron for two years so we already know most information." Josie said while reading his book.

"True, but he's never told us about important things." Roxie pouted.

"What's important? If something was important I'd tell you if you wanted to know." Aaron frowned.

"You're bullshitting me if you say you've never had a relationship in your whole life!" Jamey huffed and Aaron blinked.

"Oh, I didn't realise that was important." He chuckled. "I haven't though."

"I tell you everything about my life, even about Mattie when he cheated on me." Roxie crossed her arms. "But you've never even mentioned anything, I mean, you could be ace I guess."

"I'm not ace."

"To be fair, no one wanted to know about Mattie in THAT much detail." Jamey commented and she scoffed and hit him.

"Bully!"

"Over sharer!"

"Um hello! Important revelation here!" Diana interrupted. "If you're not ace then what are you?" She asked .

Aaron frowned, then looked at me. I just shrugged and gestured for him to go ahead.

"I haven't really thought about naming it, it's not important to me."

"How progressive." Lucy said flatly.

"It's rude to pressure someone about their sexuality." Josie deadpanned without looking up.

"Hey, he's the one that said he didn't mind." Roxie defended.

"I don't, it's fine. It's not something that bothers me."

"Okay, so what are the descriptors, I mean, so you don't feel nothing, so who are you into? Everyone? Men? Girls?" Jamey spoke seriously for the first time in an hour.

"Is that really important?" Josie questioned again.

"Just curious, something to talk about I guess."

"I'm demisexual, so I don't really understand my sexuality yet."

"Okay but how do you know you're demi and not ace?" Roxie persisted and Aaron sighed.

He looked at me unsurely and I chuckled.

"Go ahead, I don't mind." I said quietly and Diana gasped.

"What!" She grabbed her head dramatically. "You??" She stared at me and I blinked.

"Me?"

"Uh uh, no way, that's bullshit." Jamey chuckled.

"So you were lying! You didn't bring him over to meet us." Roxie gasped.

"I wasn't lying, it wasn't my right to say anything about it."

"Riley clearly doesn't mind!" Diana pouted.

"Who said that?"

"What? Oh do you? I'm sorry!"

"I don't, but you didn't know that." I chuckled.

"But we asked you that earlier and you didn't answer." Josie frowned.

"Well it wasn't just me affected by that question." I explained.

"Ahhh, I get what's happening here." Jamey nodded fake seriously.

"What?" Diana asked, staring at him intensely.

"They haven't DTR'd" He shrugged.

No! Don't go there.

"Again with that word? I don't know what that means." Aaron frowned, looking a little concerned.

Ah shit.

"Uh, defined the relationship." I explained with an awkward chuckle.

"Oh, it's complicated." Aaron stated bluntly and I blinked at him.

"Is it?" I raised a brow.

He frowned. "Uh, I mean, I assumed it was?"

"You did this." Roxie commented quietly and Jamey scoffed.

"You started it!" He fired back.

"What makes it complicated?" I asked, tilting my head, and Aaron seemed taken aback.

"You want to talk about that right now?" He wondered with a raised brow, and I chuckled.

"It's not complicated on my end." I stated and he just stared at me silently. Then eventually frowned in confusion.

"It's not?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Why is it complicated for you?" I asked, genuinely concerned.

"It's..." He blinked. "Uh, not."

"Okay then?"

"But you know, what about..." He faced away from everyone awkwardly. "Other stuff?"

"Other stuff? Whatever you're referring to probably doesn't have anything to do with what you tell your  friends who only know you." I stated quietly.

"Well... okay then."

"Great."

He sat up properly again, but seemed a little shell shocked.

"Excuse me sorry, I missed a part, could you rewind?" Diana frowned.

"I think we concluded they're in a relationship. Although I'm not completely sure." Jamey fake whispered and I chuckled.

"We are." I stated, watching Aaron's reaction, he smiled awkwardly and I chuckled.

Cute.

"I can't believe this." Jamey sighed. "Well, guess that explains why he was immune to my charms." He shook his head dramatically.

"Everyone is immune to your charms Jamey." Lucy stated.

"Tell that to your dad!" He pulled his tongue out and she chuckled.

"My dad who you didn't even know was Texan?"

"Well what can I say, we didn't do much talking." He wiggled his eyebrows and she just rolled her eyes.

"You need help."

"I do, this homework is kicking my perfect ass." He sighed dramatically while picking up the book again.

"I'm not helping you anymore!" Roxie huffed and he rolled his eyes.

"This is tragic." Jeremy sighed. "I always trusted my gaydar. I had no idea Aaron was gay."

"Maybe you just got used to being right about stereotypes." Lucy snorted.

"That and you didn't have much to go on." Diana shrugged.

"Guessing you never asked him about Shalissa?" I raised a brow and he snorted.

"No, I didn't."

"What?" Aaron frowned and I shook my head.

"Don't worry about it."

"There is now only one straight guy in the friend group." Roxie sighed.

"There was always only one straight guy in the friend group." Lucy corrected.

"I don't ask for much you know!" Roxie tssked. "They've just got to be a man, be straight and be vegan."

"That is a lot. Especially for a man." Diana commented and Josie gave her a flat look.

"Yeah, it does take a lot for a man to be straight." Jamey nodded and Diana giggled.

"Well hey if those are your only requirements I'll message Florin right now." Lucy got her phone out and Roxie threw her shoe at her.

"No!" She yelled and Lucy jumped up when she approached her.

"I'm sorry!" She exclaimed as she flailed over the back of the sofa. "Parley! Parley!"

"That's not how that works!"

"You'll get us kicked out you hysterical loons!" Jamey complained and I chuckled.

"They're not always like this." Diana said to me and I smiled.

"I'm not convinced." I commented.

"No usually it's Diana that gets us kicked out." Josie sighed as he turned a page.

"That was one time! Two times!" She rolled her eyes. "That other time was Jamey's fault for bullying me."

"I am not responsible for your actions." He defended and she hit him. "Ow! See, you did that!"

"Roxie! He's bullying me again!" She called, even though Roxie wasn't anywhere to be seen.

"Jamey, stop bullying the child!" Her voice called from above, and I looked up to see her leaning over a balcony.

How the hell did she get there so fast.

"The energy never runs out." I commented quietly, and Aaron chuckled. He was just smiling at them, not getting involved.

Wow, he really doesn't talk much.
Strange...

"How do you keep up?" I wondered.

"I'm used to working with children." He commented and Jamey snorted.

"I heard that! Roxie, Aaron's bullying me!" He complained into the sky.

"Deal with it!" Her voice called and I snickered.

"We should probably get going." Aaron said as he looked at his phone.

"Noooo!!" Diana got onto the floor dramatically. "Don't leave!"

"Best to take us in small doses, otherwise he'll be too traumatized to come back." Lucy said as she sat back down on the sofa.

"You have to come back! You're family now!"

"Um, sure." I chuckled as Aaron stood up.

"Such a short amount of time." Jamey pouted. "I feel cheated, and teased."

"We have somewhere to be, and so do you and Roxie, you have class." Aaron looked down at me expectantly.

I smiled at him as I stood up, moving out of the way as Diana crawled towards my legs.

"Nooo!" She complained and I chuckled.

"Diana." Aaron warned when she tried to grab me and she made a face.

"Oop, I get it, no touching the boyf." She put her hands up in surrender and he shook his head at her.

"We need to leave because you guys aren't getting on with any work." He explained and Jamey groaned.

"Wow! How can you blame us really, you don't understand because you're demi!" He huffed.

"I understand college deadlines plenty." He gave him a look and Jamey rolled his eyes.

"Spoilsport!"

Aaron pulled on my arm as I smiled at them.

"Okay, see you later then." I smirked and followed him.

"Rude! Aaron say goodbye!" Roxie called.

"Bye." He said bluntly as he looked up at her and she gave him a look.

"Pathetic, try again."

"Since when do you ever say goodbye?" He questioned and she shrugged.

"I don't I was just drawing it out." She smiled and he chuckled.

"Okay, leaving now, please, if you'd allow us."

"I don't, this is against the majority vote. Traitor."

"It's for your own good." He turned around again and I looked back at them. Jamey was jokingly waving a cloth like a Victorian maiden and I chuckled before walking out.

Aaron didn't say anything until we got outside. He smiled when he noticed me looking at him and I quirked a brow.

"What? You didn't hate it." He defended and I snickered.

"I'm still going to get even."

"Please don't, you'll make me anxious."

"Watch your back."

"Riley." He complained and I chuckled.

"Your friends are much different than I pictured."

"What did you picture?"

"Hm, one or two people that weren't actually interested in you?"

"Wow, rude."

"You never talk about them! And they're adorable."

"They are." He chuckled, then sighed. "And hard work."

"That's why you're supposed to make friends with people who like to sit in silence like you do."

"But they need me." He stated as we reached his car.

"That I believe, they're rather attached to you, said you were a bfg." I chuckled as I stood in front of it and he made a face.

"I'm not that tall." He said and I shook my head.

"That's your take away from that?" I smirked.

"What were they asking?" He wondered, standing in front of me.

"They were very curious about what you do in your spare time, and also wanted to know about your love life." I smirked.

"I always told them I didn't have a love life."

"I think they thought you were lying, love."

"Well, now they know." He said and I snickered.

"Yeah, now they know everything." I commented and he smiled awkwardly.

"Did you mean that?" He asked and I tilted my head.

"Mean what?"

"That it's not complicated." He frowned and I bit my lip.

"I did."

"So..." He paused. "You're my boyfriend?" His expression twitched like he wasn't quite comfortable with that phrase.

"Uh huh" I chuckled, feeling my face go warm.

"And that, goes along with all of the unwritten rules of being in a closed relationship?" He raised a brow.

Oh lord.

"Yes, it does. I promise." I nodded, feeling a little anxious.

I promise.

You deserve at least that.

"You don't look sure." He said with a  concerned expression.

The idea of being in a labelled relationship made my stomach flip, because all of mine had ended so horribly.

But it's not just about me.

"I'm sure about that." I looked him in the eye. "I'm just anxious about life, as  usual." I chuckled.

"I know a remedy for that." He smiled and I couldn't help but return it warmly.

"Shoveling shit?" I raised a brow and he chuckled.

"Animals, and peace and quiet." He said, moving forwards and resting his forehead against mine.

Hmm, PDA, this guy really is chilled out about it all.

I bit my lip with a smile before leaning in and giving him a subtle kiss. He chuckled before wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing me more affectionately.

Damn in front of the whole college? He's bolder than I am already.

"Oiii get in there!" Someone called and I was about to glare at them until I realised it was Jamey waving a few papers around.

We shared a look before I chuckled and Aaron moved to get in the car. "You're late for class, James!" He shouted as he opened the door.

Cute.

"What are you smiling at?" He questioned as I got in too.

"Nothing, your whole life is just adorable." I said and he sighed.

"Again with that word."

"Embrace it!"

"I refuse."

"Doesn't change it being true."

"Okay Sunshine, now we really are going to shovel shit."

"Of course we are, that's your favourite thing." I teased and he rolled his eyes at me.

"You're not funny."

"That is a lie." I gasped.

"I'm still wondering..." He started.

"What?"

"Who's Shalissa?" He asked and I broke out into laughter.

He just watched me as I shook my head at him laughing.

"You know what, I'm not sure I want to know anymore."

---

☀️

Sorry for the wait, my landlord raised the price of my flat by 1000 quid so I had to find a new one and it's been a heckin stress.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 274 18
A closeted young man from a Caribbean country moves to America and ends up in the same college as his online crush yet unable to come to terms with h...
4.8K 163 17
A rich, privileged young man with a troubled past, moves to LA for a fresh start but ends up falling in love with the last person he expected. A man...
530 87 37
With fate bringing them back together, their dark past also following, Liandro and Alexander are faced with the feelings they've always had and hard...
210K 8.1K 21
When Oliver's mother dies he's scared into not talking. He hasn't talked for the past 11 years. Having to deal with getting beatings from his father...