Kiss Me Slowly

By EJean1317

For 14 years, Ethan has been alone. He's had no one (besides his foster father) since his mother left him. He... More

Chapter 1: The Ex
Chapter 2: The Drive
Chapter 3: The Cliff
Chapter 4: The Picnic
Chapter 5: The Kiss
Chapter 6: The Hard Part
Chapter 7: The Jealous Rage
Chapter 8: The Answer
Chapter 9: The Dinner
Chapter 10: The Confession
Chapter 11: The Change Of Heart
Chapter 12: The Jealous Non-Boyfriend
Chapter 13: The Hot Night
Chapter 14: The Painting
Chapter 15: The Change of Parties
Chapter 16: The History
Chapter 17: The History, Part 2
Chapter 18: The Kiss, Number 2
Chapter 19: The Mansion
Chapter 20: The Horrible Surprise
Chapter 21: The Panic Attack
Chapter 22: The Read Aloud
Chapter 23: The Legal Document
Chapter 24: The Memory
Chapter 25: The Lie
Chapter 26: The Truth
Chapter 27: The Club
Chapter 28: The Art
Chapter 29: The Confrontation
Chapter 30: The Bargain
Chapter 31: The New Best Friend
Chapter 32: The Favor
Chapter 33: The Painting Numbers 2, 3, and 4
Chapter 34: The Change
Chapter 35: The (New) Anniversary
Chapter 36: The Birthday
Chapter 38: The Kidnapping
Chapter 39: The Maternal Figure
Chapter 40: The Save
Chapter 41: The New Friend
Chapter 42: The Listening
Chapter 43: The Acceptance
Chapter 44: The Information
Chapter 45: The Lead
Chapter 46: The State of Mind
Chapter 47: The Problem
Chapter 48: The Find
Chapter 49: The Memory (2)
Chapter 50: The Rescue
Chapter 51: The Visit
Chapter 52: The Surprise
Chapter 53: The Letter
Chapter 54: The Flowers
Chapter 55: The Proposal
Chapter 56: The Endings
Chapter 57: The Preparations
Chapter 58: The Wedding
Chapter 59: The Rest

Chapter 37: The Party Crashers

475 26 5
By EJean1317

Pic above is Ethan 

Chapter 37: The Party Crashers

TW! Please be cautious reading!

If I thought Jeremy's birthday was stress, then I don't know what the end of the year party for the school was. I had lots of help—almost the whole queer club signed up, along with a few others that I didn't know. They were all really helpful, but it didn't stop the stress.

Kenny's reassurances weren't any better. Jackie helped a little, as did Jeremy, but when it came to Kenny, he just seemed to make it worse. Denny was busy most of the days, but he did a good job of reassuring me—not by taking me off guard, like Kenny does.

I didn't get any sleep and couldn't eat all day before the party. I was careful with my planning—not too overboard, but enough to keep people interested. There were a variety of activities—board games, card games, electronic games, and plenty more. I had Jackie find different kinds of activities from the internet—ones without alcohol—and we placed certain groups around the building. There was even a little dancing area for those who still wanted a half prom.

It was going to be interesting to see what people would do. Plus how many people actually showed up. It was only 5 bucks for entrance because we didn't want to overkill the prices, but I'm sure a lot of people still won't show.

I'd been thinking about ideas since Jeremy's birthday, and I think what I planned was good enough. I made myself dial back on the decorations, the food, and some activities, which was a good call. At the end of the night, there was a movie showing in the gym, and then people were free to do whatever they wanted.

Lots of the people who volunteered donated varieties of food ranging from pudding, to fruit salads, to bags of candy. I bought lots and lots and lots of popcorn and drinks for the night.

The attire was up to the people, but I made sure to enforce that it was the appropriate dress code. They could come in whatever they wanted as long as it was modest.

The posters and fliers we put up were simple; just when, where, what, and why.

At the front, you could get pictures if you wanted, and sign yearbooks. I also made sure that all the volunteers were made known by placing their names and books at the very start.

The whole thing went from 5:00 pm, to midnight, giving people 7 hours to come, enjoy themselves, and leave.

The entire school was decorated with banners and streamers. There were classrooms open for certain games, while others were blocked off. The auditorium was where most things would take place. The food, and drink, as well as the dancing was in here. There was also mini auctions that would take place.

It'll hopefully turn out ok. I just hope the people like it.

If they even show up.

It was now 5:00, and I was waiting anxiously for the first arrivals. I had a table set up outside the entrances for the fee. I made sure the schedule shifted for those who wanted to spend some time inside.

5:30 and three cars pulled up to the school. Four or more people got out of each car. As I was giving them their passes, more cars pulled up.

I felt really happy by the time 6:30 came around. Racheal came and took my spot, but I was more concerned about how many people showed.

More than I expected, that's for sure! In the hour and a half that I did passes, there was over 200 people that came.

I felt a little good inside. I wasn't sure that people would show due to the fact that I was hosting it. But I'm glad they put aside that to hang out at the school to have fun one more time before graduation.

Enough of that mushy nonsense, I went to check on the activities inside. Surprisingly, nothing was chaos. The groups that didn't like each other, avoided one another, and the night was fine.

Around 7:30 the teachers started showing. By now, more than half the school was here. A small group had already left, but they had fun, and made sure to tell me. The entire queer club came and were hanging out around the board games.

Teacher after teacher congratulated me on my success of a night when 10:00 rolled around. A few did so grudgingly, but it's the thought that counts.

All the teachers stayed to watch the movie which started at 10:00. Most people had fun watching, and those who didn't either stayed put, or left the room. There was over 500 people in the gym. I stayed at the back, keeping an eye on all of it—and the drinks. I had a small drink and snack stand set up in here so people wouldn't have to go halfway around the school for popcorn.

With the movie over, I flipped the lights on, and turned off the projector. It was nearing midnight—at which time I'd planned on giving a speech.

Some people left and more came in when I asked for their attention. When I finally had everyone's, almost everyone who came who was still here was in the gym. And my gosh, it was packed.

"Um, first I want to thank everyone who made this night possible." I started. A few people nodded and murmured as I said their names. When I finished, they all clapped.

"I would also like to thank everyone who came." I continued. "I wasn't sure how many people were upset that prom was cancelled, so I wanted to make the night count. Of course it'll never compare to prom, but at least most of you had fun. Hopefully." I added quietly, making a few people chuckle. "A big thanks to the teachers who—"

There was a bit of commotion in the back, and I paused to see what was going on.

Then, crack! Boom!

Everyone screamed and ducked. I stood frozen, so someone grabbed my hand and pulled me to the floor.

Yelling and screaming and crying.

"Where is he?"

"Please don't hurt me!"

"Tell me where he is!"

"I don't know who you're talking about!"

"Nathan Moore!"

I froze. Now that's a name I haven't heard in a while.

"Who?"

"Don't play dumb."

"We don't have a Nathan Moore!"

"What about Ethan?"

"Which one? We have Ethan Gray, Ethan Dean, Eth—"

"Quiet!"

The whole room went silent with the new demanding voice. The voice sounded familiar.

"Nathan Moore!" He yelled. I finally got a view of the guys. Was that... But...it couldn't be. "You know who you are!"

The room stayed silent with an aura of fear. I glanced around, making sure nobody knew.

"Stand!" He yelled. I flinched. I wasn't as scared of him as I was Carter's dad, but he was still scary. When no one moved, then he grabbed a kid sitting next to him and pointed the gun to him.

"You have two seconds." He threatened. "One..."

"Wait!" I yelled. He turned to my direction. As did everyone else. I stood up nervously. "I'm right here. What do you want?"

He glared at me and shoved the kid back on the ground. His friends cried and held onto him. "I'm here on behalf of Alfonso." I flinched at the name. Someone next to me tugged lightly on my pantleg, but I ignored it.

"What does he want?" I asked, trying not to let my voice waver.

"You remember?" He asked, almost surprised. I looked back confused.

"Remember what?"

He studied me for a second. "Do you remember me?"

I swallowed. And slowly nodded. "Oscar." I said quietly. "You were at my house that night." His eyes narrowed. "What exactly is it that he wants?" I asked again. He seemed to snap out of his thoughts.

"He wants to see you."

Those words echoed in my head. I stood still, but my head was spinning.

I wet my lips and asked, "Why?" with a dry throat.

"He will tell you when you see him." He answered, turning to leave.

"What if I don't want to go?" I questioned. He snapped his head to me.

"Well then I guess that you want your fellow students to die." He pointed the gun at the closest person with the safety off.

"Ok, ok!" I yelled, putting my hands up. "I'll come." I walked towards them. Oscar smirked triumphantly and put the gun in the case on his belt.

The students silently made a path and whispered quiet 'good luck's as I passed them.

I saw fearful faces for me as I walked. Lots of faces had tears and terror on them. Others were just concerned. Some were calm about the whole thing, others were sobbing, and others still were shaking. I tried to tell them that it was going to be ok with my face, but most people just started crying.

When I reached Oscar, he grabbed my arm and lead me outside with the other guy following. When we reached outside, I thought I heard yelling from the gym.

Bruce was at the fee stand, and when he saw me, he jumped up with concern.

"Ethan?" He called. I held my hand out to make him stop.

"Don't move." Oscar said, pointing the gun. Bruce backed up with his hands in the air.

"Ethan?" He looked to me. I told him with my eyes to call the police. He obviously didn't get it. I instead silently pleaded 'Help!' as Oscar shoved me to the black SUV that just pulled up.

They threw me into the backseat and climbed in after. I looked out the window and I saw Bruce's phone up to his ear, talking frantically.

Then the car sped off. I sat on the seat with my knees pulled up to my chest and looked out the window. My heart filled with fear at the finality that I was going to see the man I hate. The man I was terrified of. My head filled with thoughts of what would happen. My stomach twisted with these thoughts.

I was not ready to see him again. Especially after what happened a month ago. That also meant I had to see...Carter.

I should've put up more of a fight. The two people I despised more than everyone else in the world are the very ones I'm going to see. My stomach got heavier the further away the car moved from the school. The further I moved from safety. 

*~*

Oh damn. This chapter came faster than I thought it would. You guys are in for it now. 😝

But seriously, this chapter was well waited, and a long time coming. I hope you enjoy it. And please, leave your thoughts and feedback in the comments. I appreciate (spelled it right!) them and you. So, thanks. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

315K 10.6K 40
Caden's one and only friend Ethan would go to the ends of earth and back for him. Ethan may come off strong but Caden and him have been close for yea...
151K 4.7K 24
His shocking blue eyes pierced right through my soul as his warm breath tickled the hairs on my ear. "Kiss me," he said in that seductive voice of h...
1.8M 64.3K 47
[ boy x boy ] Ethan Ryder wasn't planning on moving to a new town just before starting his final year at high school. He wasn't planning on leaving...
882K 41.8K 45
Seventeen years old James is used to having foster kids around the house. Some stay for weeks, others for months, and even the most problematic of th...