Deep breaths

The light that seeped past her eyelids soon became bearable for her as she quickly blinked, getting used to her brightly lit surroundings.

"What the actual fuck?" Evie couldn't contain herself as she managed to take in her surroundings. She was still in her mermaid form as she swam to the closest rock to take a seat, gazing out into the lagoon that she found herself in.

Until she realised that she wasn't alone as she noticed another figure climbing out of the pool that she had first found herself in to face her. The figure had long hair just like Evie that hid their features but it was only when they straightened up to flick their hair over their shoulders did Evie elicit a small gasp.

It was almost like staring into a mirror, from the stranger's brown almond shaped eyes to her high cheekbones and full lips. But as she squinted and moved closer to get a better look, Evie began to notice their differences. She didn't have the same mole that Evie had on her right cheek, and her hair was sleek and shiny compared to Evie's wild hair.

"Who the fuck.." Evie only managed to get out as she leaned forward, forgetting that she was still in mermaid form as she toppled headfirst into the water that had suddenly turned ice cold. The pool was a lot deeper than she had anticipated as she tried swimming up to the surface again in almost complete darkness, only to shut her eyes at the bright lights that danced in her vision.

"Dea warrior's bond beyond

Will her betrothed they free."

"Who's there?" Evie stopped and twirled around, trying to find the source of the voice. "Show yourself!"

"Ev!"

It was only then did Evie's eyes fly open as she sat up, panting. She was back in the in Mayor Fontus' work chambers again as her everyone hovered around her anxiously. Rowena had abandoned all the paperwork in front of them as she kneeled next to her Evie on the floor, holding her sister's right hand.

"Ev, what happened?" Dana pushed Evie's hair out of her eyes as she placed a hand on her forehead. "Are you okay? One moment we were looking at the parchment and the next you were on the floor emitting these strange sparks."

"I'm fine. I think?" Evie used her free hand to push herself upwards and held onto her head. "My head feels like it's being submerged underwater."

"That's because..you are?" Came Dana's voice, filled with uncertaintly and worry.

 She tried wriggling her bottom half only for her tail only to narrowly avoid the table's legs as she gripped her head again to stop the room from spinning. Evie wasn't sure how to clean up puke underwater.

Draing herself up to her full height, Evie offered her best smile to Mayor Fontus.

"Please excuse me, I might need a moment." Evie managed to make her way to the exit in one piece until a warm pair of hands reached out to support her. That strange electrical sensation that crackled just like that fateful storm right under her skin seem to fizzle down.

"I won't be long Cas." Evie could feel her composure slipping as she fought to not lean into his touch, choosing to hug her elbows close to her sides as her nails dug into her skin. It was as if their fight from before did not occur. "I just need a moment to freshen up."

With another forced smile she quickly pulled away from Cas' arms and made her exit. Guilt coursing through her veins as she willed herself not to electrocute anyone.

She couldn't lose it, not right now. Deep breathing did not help. Fuck yoga. It took everything out of Evie to push herself away from the walls she had taken to support herself against the momet she stumbled out of the meeting room. Focusing on the rough texture of the wall did nothing to distract her from the power that seemed to bleed out from her pores.