Chapter 17

"Hello?" I answered, stopping the ringing of my phone. It was almost 2:30 AM. Who the hell would be calling me at this hour?

"Christian?"

"Caleb?" I whispered, sitting up. Why was he calling?

"Yeah. Are you okay? Can you come over?" he asked. I glanced over at Theo who was sleeping soundly on the bed next to me.

"Yeah, what do you need? Can you pick me up?" I replied finally. I'd be back before Theo wakes up. It'd be fine.

"Sure. Send me the address."

"I'm at Theo's house."

"Okay I'm on my way," Caleb said, hanging up. I sat cross legged on my floor bed for a minute or two before standing up and quietly slipping out of the bedroom. I sat in Theo's living room. The living room that held so many memories; good and bad. My phone dinged, telling me I had received a new text.

Caleb :)
Hey, I'm here.

I shoved my phone back into my pocket and left the house, locking the door behind me. I opened Caleb's car door and climbed inside. Quiet music immediately filled my ears.

Don't you go and carry on with your life
It was a one night stand 'til I woke up next to you

"So how are you doing?" Caleb asked, pulling away and driving in the direction of his house. He was completely oblivious to the previous events in my life. I pulled a big smile on.

"Great! Theo and I are getting closer I think," I exclaimed, faking excitement. Caleb clenched his jaw at the mention of Theo. I forgot he used to date him, my bad. I wonder what it would be like dating Theo.

"Hm.. yeah, great," he mumbled.

"Sorry. I forgot you guys used to date," I said, looking down at my lap. He shot his hand out to ruffle my hair for a second.

"Nah, it's not that," he assured. I just nodded in response and the car went silent for a little. The only sound was the quiet music playing from the radio.

Don't shut me down now
Just hear me out now

"Would you ever consider dating Theo?" Caleb asked me. I looked up in surprise. Would I? I don't even know myself. Theo's been nothing but nice to me since we met, but would I actually consider dating him? Sure he's a great guy, but am I ready for a relationship at the moment? Would it be like dating Scotty? I wouldn't date Scotty.

"...no," I answered hesitantly. Caleb let a short laugh out.

"Long pause, don't you think?" he pointed out and I shrugged. Averting my eyes out of the window. I watched his house appear no draw closer until we had stopped. The two of us got out of his car and walked into his house. When we arrived inside and the door was closed, Caleb wrapping his fingers around my wrist and tugged me into his bedroom, pinning me to his door and kissing me. My eyes widened, but I didn't fight it. Maybe I needed this. I know Caleb didn't try to hurt me. Maybe this would be relaxing for me. I kissed back and soon enough, shirts were on the floor followed by pants and boxers.

I let a soft moan escape my lips when Caleb hit that sweet spot inside of me and then released. I had already came a while ago but I waited until he was finished before moving away.

"Would you ever consider dating me?" Caleb asked shyly, handing me one hundred dollars. I took a fourth of it and gave the rest back. I didn't want to take his money. I needed some of it, but I don't want Caleb to suffer because of me. He smiled and tucked it into a drawer. Caleb was nice to me and gentle with me. Was dating just sex, though? I haven't really been with him without having sex with him. I want to see what he's like when he's not anticipating sex with me.