Chapter 7

I woke up to somebody's face squished into the back of my neck. I groaned.

"Get off, Moody!" I grumbled, reaching a hand back to push his head away. Did Moody's fur get longer? I began to stroke his fur.

"Carson? What are you doing?" a sleepy Theo mumbled into my neck. I jumped out of the bed in surprise, dragging him with me since his arms were still around me. I landed on the floor with a thud. He landed on the floor next to me with a thud. At least he woke up.

"What? Huh?" he asked sleepily, withdrawing his arms from around me. I smiled at him.

"Good morning Theo!" I said. I needed to get to school. Take me to school.

"Morning. I'll go make breakfast," Theo said, getting up and putting a shirt on. Breakfast? He's going to make breakfast? Why?

"I can stop by the cafe on the way to school, it's fine," I said. He shook his head and opened the door to his bathroom, stepping in.

"It's fine. I like cooking anyways."

He likes to cook? She liked the cook. She would always cook for me. I loved when she cooked. Should I love when he cooks too? My phone dinged and I checked the new text while Theo went downstairs to make breakfast.

Dad :)
Get home right now.

You
Okay. What about school?

Dad :)
Skip school. This is more important. Get home. Now.

Is he worried? I didn't mean to worry him. I'm such a bad son. I should stop upsetting him. I stood up and walked down the stairs to the kitchen where Theo was,

"So, friend," he said when he saw me, putting emphasis on the word 'friend', "what kind of eggs do you eat?" He was wearing a black beanie this time.

I sighed. I knew we shouldn't be friends. I knew we couldn't be friends. He knew. So why did he persist so hard?

"Stop. We can't be friends. You know it. I know it. So just... stop. Please," I replied. He stared at me like I was crazy.

"And why not? I don't know we can't be friends. It's a fantasy in your head that we can't be friends. That we can't get any closer than we are. So why not? Why can't I be friends with you?"

Crack.

"Just because! I'm not somebody you want around. Hell, I don't even want you around. You shouldn't want me around. Just drop it and stop trying," I said, getting frustrated. But did I actually want him to drop it and stop trying?

"No! I'm not stopping because you said so! I know you're messed up and I know you hate me, but I'm not giving up on you!" he said, raising his voice.

Crack.

"You are so frustrating! I don't give a crap if you don't wanna give up on me, because you're gonna end up doing it anyways! Except when you do, it'll be a million times worse. Just stop now so nobody gets hurt!" I retorted, also raising my voice. My mask was breaking right in front of him and I couldn't stop it. I needed to stop it before I did something I would regret. I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths, trying to compose myself.

"Yeah yeah. Bullshit. I'm not going to eventually give up on you! You need help! I'm not saying that to hurt your fucking feelings, but you can't really deny it! You're one fucked up dude and I can help you! So let me! You're so goddamn stubborn!"

That did it.

"You know what? I can't deal with this and I can't deal with you," I said, looking away to keep my cool. Did he not think it was gonna hurt anybody? Is he crazy? There are a million things that could go wrong.