Chapter 20 [end]

"Come on, you slowpoke!" Theo laughed, pulling me by my arm. I glared at him. Or, at least I think I glared at him.

"I'm not running blindfolded!"

"Hey, do you trust me?" I heard him ask. I nodded. "Then hurry up!"

"Alright, fine! Did we seriously leave Scott for you to show me something?" I asked in disbelief and jumping in surprise when another hand slapped me on the back.

"Nope, I'm right here!" Scott's voice rang out loudly in my ear. I winced and let Theo drag me where ever we were going. We stopped walking a couple minutes later and I felt hands over my eyes.

"I have a blindfold, you know that right?" I asked. It's been a year since my dad got in that car crash. He ended up having a heart attack a week after he was let out of the hospital and died. I still missed him, but I was learning to move on. I laughed when Theo yanked the blindfold away from my eyes, his hands still blocking my vision.

"Show me already!"

"Ready?" he asked and I nodded eagerly. "Okay... open!"

He removed his hands and I opened my eyes to see a door. It was a door that was painted rainbow.

"What the hell?" I asked.

"I got us an apartment!" Theo exclaimed. "You won't have to live alone anymore. Plus we graduated so I figured it'd be nice to share a house. It's not like you don't already basically live in my house."

"Thanks... but why is the door rainbow?"

"Scott's idea," was all he said and I glanced at Scott with a raised eyebrow.

"Meow!"

"Moody?!" I exclaimed. Scott was holding the cat in his arms.

"How did? When did you? What? How are you here buddy?" I asked Moody, scratching behind his ears.

"Meow."

"Oh okay. You like Scotty, huh?" I cooed.

"It was Moody's idea to paint your door in gay," Scott said proudly. I rolled my eyes but the smile didn't leave my face. Theo unlocked the apartment's rainbow door and lead us inside. It was already cleaned. Moody jumped out of Scott's arms and over to his full food bowl.

"Theo! Too much food! He's going to get fat!" I screeched, running over and emptying the bowl a little.

"Oops, sorry."

I glared playfully at him.

"So tell me about the apartment. How'd you do it?" I asked, watching Scott disappear into the pantry. We're gonna run out of food, aren't we.

"Well, it's only a ten minute walk from the hill. I had to pay extra to get the door painted," he started and I face palmed.

"This is why we trust me with the money and not you."

"Okay since you two lovebirds are having a moment, I'm going to grab these takis and go back home. Have fun arguing!" Scott announced, taking his leave. The two of us watched as the door shut, then looked back at each other, laughing.

The past year had been mainly focused on healing and learning. There were times where I still had thoughts of disappearing off of the face of the Earth, but Theo and Scott helped me through them. Not only that, but they provided times where I was the happiest guy alive. I've laughed more in the past year than I had in my whole life before that. I had stopped having flashbacks of my childhood and accepted that it wasn't my fault Estella died. I couldn't have done anything to prevent it. I've come to terms with past. I've learned that my father treated me unfairly and that it wasn't normal for kids to be punished in the way I was. I've learned that what Caleb did was not right.