Chapter 8

I limped to school the next day, wincing with every step. Scott was absent today, so I sat with the twins.

"Hey, man are you okay?" Beckett asked. "You're limping horribly."

I smiled at him and crossed my arms, leaning against the wall.

"Yeah? You think I'm too weak to handle a little injury? Huh Beck?" I teased. He pouted and hit his head against the wall. Bennett pulled him away from the wall.

"C'mon Beckett! You don't need any more brain damage than you already have, o... kay...." he said, the last word fading off as he stared at somebody who passed us in the hall. Beckett looked at who his brother was staring at and I follow his gaze. My eyes landed on a tall boy with dirty blonde hair talking to Beckett's girlfriend.

"Oo Bennetts got a crush!" Beckett sang, poking his twin in the arm. Bennett didn't answer. He just kept staring at the boy and swatted Beckett away. They would look cute together I think. Suddenly, Beckett's girlfriend glanced over and caught Bennett staring, but Bennett didn't notice because he was too entranced by the boy. Said boy now looked at Bennett who quickly snapped his attention to the ceiling. I watched the boy smirk and chuckle, heading in our direction. Bennett's face turned a faint pink and he grabbed Beckett's arm and tried to pull him away. Beckett just slipped out of his brother's grip and went to greet Alex, his girlfriend. I was grabbed next in an attempt to escape, but I didn't budge.

"Hey."

Bennett froze. I watched him slowly turn around and look up at the new boy.

"H-hey," he replied, averting his eyes. The bell rang, and I left the twins to limp to first period. My body still hurt a lot from yesterday and the day before. New bruises and marks were scattered across my skin. I pushed the classroom door open and limped up to my seat.

When lunch time rolled around, my back was killing me. I carefully sat at a lunch table and waited for Beckett and Bennett.

"Hey Christian! Can Alex sit with us today?" Beckett asked, walking up to my table and sitting down. I smiled at Alex and him and nodded. The couple sat down and the three of us started up a light conversation. Bennett plopped down in the seat next to me and put his head in his hands.

"I'm such an idiot!" he groaned. Beckett laughed at the confused look a gave his brother. Alex smiled at me and bumped her shoulder against her boyfriend's.

"Eli asked Bennett what his name was and he said his name was Dennis!" Beckett explained, laughing. I cracked a smile and lightly hit Bennett's arm. He groaned again when the new boy, Eli, decided to sit right across from him.

"Hi Elliot..." he mumbled, not meeting his eyes. Eli smiled brightly at him.

"Hi Dennis!" he greeted happily. Bennett groaned again and Beckett and Alex burst into laughter. I chuckled along with Beckett and his girlfriend as Eli obliviously patted Bennett's shoulder, causing the smaller boy's face to heat up and swat his hands away.

"It's okay, Dennis."

"My names not Dennis!" Bennett groaned and Eli laughed, thinking it was a joke.

"Then what's your name, huh?" Eli teased. Bennett hit his head against the table and the other boy ruffled his blonde curls.

"It's. Benn. Ett," he answered, banging his head against the table at every syllable.

"Stop. You don't need brain damage!" Beckett said. His brother rolled his eyes and glared at Beckett who just smirked.

"Your name is Bennett?" Eli asked. Bennett nodded and his hair was ruffled again. They would definitely be cute together. I wish I could find somebody. I wish I wouldn't ever get hurt again. It's a stupid wish though and I knew it.