Chapter 1

Happy. Positive. Perfect. All adjectives used to describe me. Let me correct myself; all adjectives used to incorrectly describe me. Hi, my name is Christian Tazo. I'm fun and happy when I'm with others. Actually, I think I'm known for being such a "little ray of sunshine". At least, that's what she would say. You know, if she was here.

"Christian! Wassup man? You going to that party tonight? Heard Hailys going!"

That's Scott, my best friend. My new one, anyways.

"Hell yeah, dude! If you're there, I'm there," I replied enthusiastically, bumping my shoulder against his. We walked down the school's main hallway together, laughing and talking about the crazy things we had done this past week.

It was Friday. Just another boring Friday, complete with noisy teenagers and frustrated teachers. Fridays were usually loud, but this time, everybody was buzzing with the news of Haily's, the school's hottie, presence at tonight's party. I, for one, did not care whatsoever about Haily or her magical presence. Scotts another story.

"Aw man! I hope she chooses me tonight! I really need to get laid," Scott whined beside me. Everytime Haily showed up at a party, she would select one lucky soul to have sex with her. I'm not very lucky, so I hope I don't have to be tortured with her bugging me all night.

"Yeah, you might get lucky tonight. I'm placing my bets on you, don't let me down, Scotty," I warned playfully. He just snickered and lightly punched my shoulder.

"Hey, Christian? When's the last time you got laid? It seems like it's been forever! Damn, we need to hook you up with a nice lady," he said thoughtfully. I mentally sighed. Not this again.

"Scotty. I've told you this before and I'll tell you this again. I. Am. Gay. Do you know what that means, Scott?" I asked with a condescending smile on my face.

"Okay! Okay! I get the hint, I'm sorry! I'm just not used to it, okay? It's not everyday my best friend comes out as a dude who likes other dudes," he grumbled. I laughed and half hugged him.

"Sorry. I didn't know it'd take such a toll on you! If I could control, I would. That's a lie, I still wouldn't. But sorry?"

He sighed, "Okay, whatever you say Tia."

"Don't call me that! It brings up bad memories," I complained, frowning. Only she got to call me Tia.

"Yeah. Bad memories that you won't tell me about! Christian! Dude! You can trust me," he pleaded. Ever since I met the guy, he's been begging me to tell him about her. I would, but I can't. Everytime she is brought up, I feel like I'm going to cry or something. That would ruin my reputation and we can't have that, now can we?

"Jeez, sorry. I'm just not ready to tell you. It's a sensitive topic, so just drop it and I'll you when I'm ready, okay?" I asked with an innocent grin. Too bad that grin was anything but innocent. Sure, at first glance you'll see a normal eighteen year old boy with a happy life and good grades. But the thing that most people don't think to do is look deeper, because if you did, you'd see a broken eighteen year old boy whose father neglects and has gone through the loss of everybody close to him.

"That look is creeping me out, so I'll just agree to your terms and services and move on," Scott said nervously. He knew that I was a gem to be around until you pissed me off. We pushed the school doors open and headed into the direction of his car. A slick, yellow Lamborghini. Oh, have I mentioned? Scotts rich as fuck. He's a momma's boy but he isn't exactly spoiled. Sure he got a nice car and a nice phone and a nice... everything basically, but he's never asked for one thing in his life. I guess he is spoiled, but he's not a spoiled brat.