Chapter 16

<><><><><> Christian's POV <><><><><>

I woke up in Heaven. It was white everywhere. It was way too bright. It smelled like... sanitizer? I quickly sat up and looked around. Where was I? Theo? He was laying on the floor next to my bed, on leg on the bed while he sprawled out upside down. Did he die too? I pushed his leg off of my bed and tried to get up, but noticed there was a tube thing in my arm.

"Ah!" I yelled, yanking it out. Was I being poisoned? Theo's head jerked up and he scrambled to stand up.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" he sputtered sleepily. I scooted out of bed and stood next to him.

"No. Somebody is trying to poison me. Am I dead? Are you dead? Is this hell? It's a lot nicer than I expected," I said thoughtfully. I expected fire and lava and boom and bam, not a white, clean room. Theo glared at me playfully before hugging me.

"No, you idiot. I saved you. You better not do that again," he teased, but I could tell there was a serious warning in his tone. I stood in his arms for a while until a doctor came in. Her eyes lit up when she saw me. I thought Jesus was a dude. Oh wait, I'm still alive.

"I'm so glad you're awake. Are you okay with answering some questions for us or do you still need a moment?" she asked. I opened my mouth to talk, but Theo beat me to it.

"We need a moment, thank you."

Is he going to yell at me now? I didn't think he'd care that much. I want water.

"Theo. Water?"

"Hm?" Theo asked, turning to me when the doctor left. "You want water?"

I nodded.

"Okay wait here for a bit. Lie down," Theo commanded, helping me back onto the hospital bed. Don't leave. Let me come with you. I frowned when the door closed behind Theo. Don't leave me.

<><><><><><><><><><>

"Can I ask why?" Theo requested after I gulped a cup of water down. I set the empty cup down and thought. I mean, I've already told Scotty. Was there any reason not to tell Theo too?

"There's a lot of reasons," I concluded. It wasn't a lie, just a very vague answer. He nodded.

"Yeah, I figured."

Was he thinking about it? Did he want me to live? Would he cry if I didn't? He wouldn't have saved me if he wanted me to die, right?

"Can I ask why?" I requested. I wanted to know why he saved me. Was there a reason other than he didn't want me to die? He would have gotten over me eventually. He would have found somebody else to like. He would have moved on in life without me.

"Why what?"

"Why'd you save me? Was there another reason besides just wanting me alive?" I explained, then mumbled, "it's not like it would have mattered a bunch anyways..."

"Excuse me? How could you ask that?" he said, offended. Why was he offended? Did I say something wrong? What did I do?

"Sorry!" I apologized, scrunching my face up. There was a hand on my shoulder causing me to look up. Theo was tearing up.

"Why?" he asked, "Why did I save you? You don't deserve to die. I'm here for you, always. I really like you. I don't think I'd be okay if you died. You have so much to live for! Scott, me, the twins; we all love you! If you left me, I wouldn't be able to forgive you. And one day someone will look at you the same way you look at the stars. I've seen that look on your face and it's beautiful. I-I need you, ya know."